The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Direfrost Keep 1 Vet with Glorious Battle Scroll?

davidj8291
davidj8291
✭✭✭✭✭
Drodda won't drop below 95% and instaheals. Bash mechanic won't stop it. Break free doesn't stop it.

Works without the scroll just fine. But the scroll literally makes her invincible.

This isn't a "get gud" scenario. We are all veteran characters. Is this busted? New mechanic being missed?

We would appreciate some help.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Works fine, even in a group of two...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNyEfeJUWrQ
    Noobplar
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like it just bugged then? Because we were doing everything by the book. Lol

That was my first assumption but I wanted to ask here first.

She literally would NOT go below 5.6 million and stay there. Just immediately bounced back to 5.9 as soon as she hit 5.5-5.6 million.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like low damage or/and slow reaction when she channels her lifesteal-attack...

But yeah, could be bugged too

edit: the breakfree doesn't feel like a breakfree, but it works and you also get cc-immunity.
    Edited by Destruent on October 23, 2016 8:37AM
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Just did this with a group of guildies and we were having the same issue. Its most likely we had too low of DPS for it so we just did it without the scroll. However, we had constant problems with getting break free to work and even without hard mode, it looked like each tick of damage from the life steal would give her around 2% health back. It also seemed like she was healing herself even if you could break free before the first tick or continued to heal after you broke free.

So not only does this mechanic need to be looked into, but the boss herself really needs some rebalancing with how much health she steals on top of the ridiculous amount of health she has. Shouldn't need to be taking in vet trial level of DPSers into a dungeon to get it down without feeling so drained.
    Edited by Sounomi on October 23, 2016 9:56AM
    Options
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tried this in pug and it was a wtf situation. Never had this before. ???
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Destruent I believe they buffed some of the dungeons at one point between what they had on the PTS to what they have now on the live servers so your video may not be current. Try it again on live.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    @Destruent I believe they buffed some of the dungeons at one point between what they had on the PTS to what they have now on the live servers so your video may not be current. Try it again on live.

We did it already on the live-Server (in a group of 4) and didn't have any problems.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't run into a problem with this, though I have heard the stories. My first time here after OT, one of the people in my group was warning us about how they had just done this fight earlier and that it was a slow and painful slog. But we killed her pretty quickly with no issues, and his reaction was along the lines of "Oh, that's so much easier when you don't PUG."
    1. You need decent DPS. It doesn't have to be that good--I estimate that 20K+ sustained single-target DPS from each DD should be just fine. I have been in many Group Finder PUGs, though, where, judging from the Combat Metrics group DPS, the other DD was doing less than half that, so for a PUG, the amount of DPS is likely the main issue.
    2. Break free needs to happen quickly. Everyone must reserve enough stamina in case they need to break. You can't interrupt her channel, and only the victim can stop it by breaking free. I highly recommend that people bind Bash (which also covers breaking free) to a single key or button--the default binding of hitting both mouse buttons at once doesn't seem to be very reliable in my experience, and binding it to a single key/button-press has made breaking free so much more reliable for me.
    3. If you're finding yourself short on DPS, you could have the tank put on DPS gear and help. This fight doesn't really need a tank--her positioning can't be controlled by the tank, and most of her attacks target randomly or are AoE. Only the auto-attack from her ice staff can be diverted by the tank's taunt; it hits moderately hard and is easy to heal.
    Edited by code65536 on October 23, 2016 4:12PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    hey this last boss is bugged !!! she wouldn't drop under 95% and instaheals whatever you do to her .
    I even applied Major Defile on her with soul harvest , the staff ulti wrecked the adds but the boss doesn't drop under 95%

i rage quitted after having different people trying in pug
    i'm gonna give it another try with some friends claiming our dps wasn't enough
    Destruent wrote: »

We did it already on the live-Server (in a group of 4) and didn't have any problems.

the first time in pug group dungeon finder couldn't get her life under 95 %
    i retried with some friends right after that and no problems at all .. i guess we did something wrong the first time but dunno what
    Edited by DPG76 on October 23, 2016 4:08PM
    Options
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its bugged. 3 manned the dungeon up to that boss last night. It was NOT a DPS issue, we had plenty of DPS. Got her down a few percent, then she would heal back to 100%. We literally tried everything we could think of. Spent a good 20 minutes fighting her before just wiping. I don't know if it was tied to hard mode or not, as we just decided the key was not worth it and went to run the Spindleclutch 2 daily instead.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    Its bugged. 3 manned the dungeon up to that boss last night. It was NOT a DPS issue, we had plenty of DPS. Got her down a few percent, then she would heal back to 100%. We literally tried everything we could think of. Spent a good 20 minutes fighting her before just wiping. I don't know if it was tied to hard mode or not, as we just decided the key was not worth it and went to run the Spindleclutch 2 daily instead.

Was about to post that I thought it did. Thaaaat's a weird bug.
    Options
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange :S ive ran it 3 times today on my DD, tank and healer with random groups. Had no issues at all.

Sounds like a bug of some sort
    Options
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran vet hard mode several times with pug groups on my healer with no problems. Makes sure everyone has stam pots ready for break free. As the healer my stam is too low to block and break fee without some assistance. Repentance on her occasional ads also helps a bit. The only issue I had was that I roll dodged out out of her aoe and still got hit by it which seemed a bit unfair.
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What system are each of you on? Because it seems like some have problems and others don't.

I can attest to the fact that it is not DPS issue. We all had great dungeon DPS. 25-30k hits were plentiful and often.

We are on Xbox 1
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels to me like it bugged on us.
    Options
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    ps4 EU
    it bugged on me the first time but i went back with another group and then it was working fine
    Options
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    negbert wrote: »
    Ran vet hard mode several times with pug groups on my healer with no problems. Makes sure everyone has stam pots ready for break free. As the healer my stam is too low to block and break fee without some assistance. Repentance on her occasional ads also helps a bit. The only issue I had was that I roll dodged out out of her aoe and still got hit by it which seemed a bit unfair.

the problem was that her life wouldn't drop beneath 95% whatever we did , at a point i even applied major fracture on the boss with soul harvest ult and still no noticeable drop in boss's HP
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not complicated people!!! -_-

Veteran Hard Mode Drodda only has a few notable moves:

Light Attack: Drodda will fire light attacks from her staff at whoever she is aggroed to.
    Teleport: Drodda will teleport to a random player's location, and charge up an AoE explosion of Ice which can one-shot most players. If you see her teleport, simply move away from her. (easy to avoid)
    Summon Ice Wraith: Drodda will summon two Ice Wraiths to support her. They are not that dangerous. Best to save Ults for them though if you feel they are.
    Summon Frost Atronach: This move will replace Drodda's Summon Ice Wraith ability when she reaches 50% health. She will summon two Frost Atronachs to support her. They are only slightly more dangerous than the Ice Wraiths.
    Lifedrain: Drodda will CC a player and drain their health, signaled by a light blue beam as well as causing the affected player to levitate. It also heals her for every half second it is not broken. CC break as soon as possible to avoid letting her regenerate a ton of health!. It is highly recommended to save your Stamina so you can make sure you have enough to CC Break when needed. As a comparison, it is no different from the Drain Essence skill in the Vampire tree.

All you have to do is walk out of the big red circles, deal damage to Drodda and her adds, and save enough Stamina to break the occasional CC. It is much easier than everyone thinks.

Hope this helps! :)
    Edited by Vaoh on October 24, 2016 1:32AM
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it yesterday, took a while but worked fine. Stayed longer in the 90 - 95 - 100% ranged than before but probably due to some "too slow CC break" at the beginning of the fight where the mechanic was not clear for everybody in the group

Options
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Light Attack: Drodda will fire light attacks from her staff at whoever she is aggroed to.
    Teleport: Drodda will teleport to a random player's location, and charge up an AoE explosion of Ice which can one-shot most players. If you see her teleport, simply move away from her. (easy to avoid)
    Summon Ice Wraith: Drodda will summon two Ice Wraiths to support her. They are not that dangerous. Best to save Ults for them though if you feel they are.
    Summon Frost Atronach: This move will replace Drodda's Summon Ice Wraith ability when she reaches 50% health. She will summon two Frost Atronachs to support her. They are only slightly more dangerous than the Ice Wraiths.
    Lifedrain: Drodda will CC a player and drain their health, signaled by a light blue beam as well as causing the affected player to levitate. It also heals her for every half second it is not broken. CC break as soon as possible to avoid letting her regenerate a ton of health!. It is highly recommended to save your Stamina so you can make sure you have enough to CC Break when needed. As a comparison, it is no different from the Drain Essence skill in the Vampire tree.

All you have to do is walk out of the big red circles, deal damage to Drodda and her adds, and save enough Stamina to break the occasional CC. It is much easier than everyone thinks.

CC break as soon as possible to avoid letting her regenerate a ton of health!.

we did that in the first run , but it was bugged her HP just froze at 96 to 95 %
    second run we did exactly the same thing but then her HP droppped as it should under 95% and we finished it without problem.
    it wasn't about about the boss healing her because one got trapped in the beam and failed to break free
    it wsn't a dps issue either bacause those frost attronachs she summons went very fast down while her HP bar still shows 95% while she does that at 50 % ..
    it's kinda weird that the one time it bugs but right after that a retry from start and no problema
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPG76 wrote: »

we did that in the first run , but it was bugged her HP just froze at 96 to 95 %
    second run we did exactly the same thing but then her HP droppped as it should under 95% and we finished it without problem.
    it wasn't about about the boss healing her because one got trapped in the beam and failed to break free
    it wsn't a dps issue either bacause those frost attronachs she summons went very fast down while her HP bar still shows 95% while she does that at 50 % ..
    it's kinda weird that the one time it bugs but right after that a retry from start and no problema

Sounds frustrating. Not a bug I have ever encountered. Plz post a video if it happens again!

And no awesome.... like really :disappointed: I spent 5min writing that up for you :cry:
    Options
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    DPG76 wrote: »

Sounds frustrating. Not a bug I have ever encountered. Plz post a video if it happens again!

And no awesome.... like really :disappointed: I spent 5min writing that up for you :cry:

yes it was pretty frustrating and even more if you're in a pug because people start to abandon .

Don't fret though , you've wrote very usefull information about the mechanics that probably will aid someone that struggles in there :smile:
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    She doesn't drop because she heals off people who don't block to interrupt her attack. The mechanic is as old as the dungeon, but until the health and damage on the boss were increased, most groups were able to burn trough the mechanic so people didn't actually realize it was there. As long as you hit that block button fast and roll from AoE when she teleports you should be able to finish without any problem.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is definitely doable, as we beat her twice last night, but it is a pain.

The first time we brought one Trials ready dps and one very low dps. We were unable to burn her quickly enough on Hardmode so we wiped and did not read the scroll the second time. The frost atronachs were not tied to her reaching 50% health because she started summoning them once her health hit 98% for the first time. After she healed to full again she still continued to summon the atronachs.

The second time we had two above average stamina dps, and were able to complete Hardmode. It took some time, and we ended up wiping the first time because one dps got over excited when she hit 25% and went into execute mode too quickly. The second time, she stuck with the ice wraiths and did not summon a single atronach.

There are many bugs with this boss fight:
    - The person tethered doesn't always see the animation. Sometimes there is no visible tether but your feet leave the ground, other times there is no warning at all until you are dead. We started calling "Tether!" if we saw one, to alert whoever it was. When the tether does show, she has already healed for 2%.
    - The ice AoE does not always show in the correct place. I saw people die who looked out of range and others take no damage even though they were inside the circle. It's best to assume the circle is bigger than it actually is, as a result. Play it safe.

Also of note:
    - For my magicka healer the breakfree took 54% of my stamina. I don't have anything that boosts my stamina, although I do have a few (2 maybe?) CP in reducing the cost of break free. You can succeed in this fight without stamina potions as a magicka character if you use a shield to protect against her ice bolts instead of blocking, and do not roll dodge. The AoE from her ice attack is slow enough to hit you can walk out of it if you catch it as soon as she teleports. Skills like Green Dragon Blood can also help, and Warhorn's 10% boost to all stats helps as well. It's still good to have stamina potions quick barred in case you die, as you only have 40% or so of your stamina after being rezzed.
    - Her ice bolts were hitting two people at once in both our run-throughs. The tank can only taunt one of them.
    - Do not use abilities that do not have an instant cast time. I got killed by her drain a few times because the game insisted on finishing the cast time animation before letting me even attempt to break free. Instant abilities only, or the cast time can result in your death.
    Edited by SolarCat02 on October 24, 2016 4:01PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, doing it with a group of four is doable, but you protrayed doing it with a group of two on the PTS.
    Options
  • Redevil1973
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    Seems like it just bugged then? Because we were doing everything by the book. Lol

That was my first assumption but I wanted to ask here first.

She literally would NOT go below 5.6 million and stay there. Just immediately bounced back to 5.9 as soon as she hit 5.5-5.6 million.

had the same problem and we were a group of 3.gave up in the end.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, doing it with a group of four is doable, but you protrayed doing it with a group of two on the PTS.

?

tbh, i don't think we wouldn't have that much problems doing it in a group of 2 on the live-server. but why should we do this? there are usually 2 more who want to do dungeons, no reason to exclude them imo.
    Edited by Destruent on October 24, 2016 4:14PM
    Noobplar
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tried this last night with two friends I run trials with (tank and DPS), a low-cp guild mate (DPS) and me healing; first time in vet Direfrost for all of us. More or less blasted through everything in the dungeon with no issue whatsoever until Drodda.

We initially tried on hard mode and, like the OP, could not get her past 95% or so. From what I could tell everyone was breaking free of her tether very quickly but she would heal to full almost instantly. After playing the 95%-100% game for awhile we called for a wipe and tried it without reading the scroll: had no real issues there.

Hard mode certainly seemed like it was bugged, I've been running through the various new vet I dungeons with these same folks and nothing else has come close to this fight. I'm sure it's possible with a really well-structured and experienced group and I have guild-mates that have completed it, but it certainly appears over-tuned verses the other hard mode bosses.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Doomslinger781
    Doomslinger781
    ✭✭✭
    Break free feels sluggish and unresponsive here (vet hardmode)

Probably pressed the break free buttons 6-8 times in the course of the first 2 seconds during each tether - with nearly full stamina - to no avail. Eventually I would break free, but it feels like she's getting health returns within the first second (during which I've hit break free like 3 times.) All the while people in chat are yelling "break free, break free! - fuggin' noob: break free!" -_-

I have like 16k stamina, and kept it at around 90% full - no dice
    Edited by Doomslinger781 on October 24, 2016 5:58PM
    Templar: Duncan Castlehoff (main)
    Sorc: Sabine Lumoria
    DK: Auderlant
    NB: Yggmeena
    Templar: Mukambei
    DK: Stegmon
    Sorc: Gruze Von Kruger
    NB: Gnarl Ballin
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've finished hard mode twice as part as the daily pledges, and though it was pretty frustrating, with the boss healing very fast when she caught a player, we did not encounter any bugs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |