The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Soul Assault

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been defending soul assault. But after close reconsideration, I must admit that it will be absurdly OP for zergs, but it will become underwhelming in 1v1, because it is now blockable. Is that how it should be ?
    Don't make it grant CC immunity, leave it unblockable.
    Edited by Dracane on October 4, 2016 7:28PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say this buffs zergs and Xv1 but, chances are, you aren't surviving 3-5 ults being dropped on you at once. Unless you are specced to be a full tank. So any offensive ult is a "buff" to those playstyles. I know one of the most frustrating things I run into is when 3 people pop ults on me at once, with a fear thrown in. I died, you should die. How is the new SA so much stronger than meteor, dawn breaker, etc when you are outnumbered and they hit you at once?

Because with soul assault, its very cheap and they don't need to drop 3-5 ult's at once (who does that vs 1 person..) , just anyone of the zerg just needs to pop soul assault and you have an unpurgable 70% snare on you and are literally forced to block because it you don't you'll get melted by the 80k tooltip 4s dot.. You block + 70% snare means you stop moving, you stop moving you die.

If your a mag build blocking a soul assault will drop your stamina to nearly empty.

If you a stam build you gonna have to spam vigor once and hope in the 4s your stood still and lose all mobility the zerg doesn't spam you to death.

If youre a mag build, you spam your ward of choice until the duration of the SA is up, easymode.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I've been defending soul assault. But after close reconsideration, I must admit that it will be absurdly OP for zergs, but it will become underwhelming in 1v1, because it is now blockable. Is that how it should be ?

This pretty much. Block tanks can already take very little damage in PVP. Using one button... SA was actually a nice tool to use against them.

I guess we all want one button counterplay to everything now...
    Edited by Minalan on October 4, 2016 8:08PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    This game was meant to be LARGE scale. It was meant to utilize and fight strategically using large scale map strategy and tactics. Small scale combat that has been available through the game is more a side effect of that large scale engagement. This is what the game has been balanced around. (To that end i love the small skirmishes around the the larger keep fights, but they have been less and less over the last year or so.)

I´m also one of the ppl thinking it only hits the "right" portion of the playerbase. It´s a counter specifically designed to burn 2h + bow NB builds on magica toons in my opinion (and it will destroy those in 1v1 aswell).

Yet your statement shows lack of understanding of the general problem with ZOS´ design philosophy. Have you ever asked yourself why there have been less and less small skirmishes around keeps and in the open world between them? That´s the direct result of the "when you´re outnumbered you die" philosophy.

ZOS has taken this statement "when you´re outnumbered you die" to a new extreme with every patch in a way - because they don´t feel outnumbering an enemy in itself is advantage enough so they:
    -First nerfed all mobility that allowed you to escape outnumbered situation (bowspeed, streak, targetable mistform etc pp)
    -Then nerfed survivability or implemented hardcounters (shieldbreaker, blocking, dodgecostincrease, soulassault etc pp)
    -They removed tools to fight higher numbers on the enemy team (dynamic ulti)
    -They implemented NEW things to favor numerous players attacking single targets (poisons)

To top this off they reimplemented forward camps and all pvp that is left is a zergfest at alessia bridge or a random keep of your choosing while the server goes to sh*t every evening.

What makes this so absurd is that most of the balance changes made to the game were directly targetted at smallscale, dueling or 1vX / Xv1 engagements. Not to promote those - no they were made to make this kind of engagements less desireable and they implemented mechanics that made it it harder to win when already at a numerical disatvantage. In a game that can´t handle largescale engagements without having 1000+ pingspikes.

So not only is the statement of the game being balanced around largescale partially if not fully incorrect. The decision to try to harm smallscale encounters by directly nerfing the tools used in them is also a design decision that directly pushes the game in a direction for combat that their technology is not able to handle.

It´s like showering oneself with gasoline because you like the smell while also searching for a match to light a cigarette (and whoever is making these decisions needs to be adressed to a different task).

I don't disagree that the design philosophy should not be what it is. I'm just stating that they won't change it and this has been reaffirmed. The changes to small scale etc have still been balanced around the large scale desire this game strives for.

Well i think the exact problem is that they´re not only balancing for largescale.
    They patch for balancing largescale and on top of that patch to get rid of smallscale - or atleast make it significantly harder with every patch since 1.7 hit.

I get when they don´t want to follow it and balance according to smallscale. But they´re doing quite the opposite. They are obviously following smallscale pvp and balance to counteract any attempts. Which i my opinion makes no sense. The people who want to smallman are not going to play siege games in 1000 ping when you take away their playthings. Those people leave the game.

I disagree. They are not balancing game in order to stop small scale. They are balancing for large scale and the side effect of that is a detriment to small scale. Specifically, solo play.

What would be the reason to nerf streak in largescale pvp?
    What would be the reason to nerf bowspeed or any other mobility option (don´t tell me major minor buff system - if that was true malubeth or skeleton set would not exist in their current form)?
    Who even uses dmgshields in largescale - why was shieldbreaker implemented and shieldduration decreased?
    When was stamreg while blocking an issue on largescale pvp?
    What´s the purpose of a singletarget ultimate without burst component in largescale pvp - namely soulassault?
    Why were resource draining poisons that are singletarget implemented as they hold no relevance in largescale pvp?
    Why do gapclosers need a snare/root mechanic in largescale?

Especially self mobility skills got nerfed/altered numerous times while holding little to no relevance for at all. Claiming the game would not undergo changes targetted and justified in and at smallscale and solo encounters seems a little naive in my opinion.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed @Dracane I just wanted us Sorcs to get back to New York, not this kinda crazy beam...of course combining it with unblockable Curse and then Mages Fury could be delicious though
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed @Dracane I just wanted us Sorcs to get back to New York, not this kinda crazy beam...of course combining it with unblockable Curse and then Mages Fury could be delicious though

@RinaldoGandolphi Soul Assault is only really usefull for us, if it is unblockable. But this gets changed. For my personal usage, it's getting nerfed and I might not be using it anymore.

We'll see if the 15% damage buff compensates for this. But I really loved it vs permablockeres, who really are a problem for Sorcs. Because projectiles are mitigated by 15% more than other attacks (sword and board passive) and no other classes is forced to use so many projectiles as their main offense.

They really should rework this passive, it's not fair. Projectiles are reflectable, easier to dodge and more mititgated by blocks. Why ? Why do we get punished so hard ? Either you are melee or go home.
    Edited by Dracane on October 4, 2016 11:28PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game was meant to be LARGE scale. It was meant to utilize and fight strategically using large scale map strategy and tactics. Small scale combat that has been available through the game is more a side effect of that large scale engagement. This is what the game has been balanced around. (To that end i love the small skirmishes around the the larger keep fights, but they have been less and less over the last year or so.)

I´m also one of the ppl thinking it only hits the "right" portion of the playerbase. It´s a counter specifically designed to burn 2h + bow NB builds on magica toons in my opinion (and it will destroy those in 1v1 aswell).

Yet your statement shows lack of understanding of the general problem with ZOS´ design philosophy. Have you ever asked yourself why there have been less and less small skirmishes around keeps and in the open world between them? That´s the direct result of the "when you´re outnumbered you die" philosophy.

ZOS has taken this statement "when you´re outnumbered you die" to a new extreme with every patch in a way - because they don´t feel outnumbering an enemy in itself is advantage enough so they:
    -First nerfed all mobility that allowed you to escape outnumbered situation (bowspeed, streak, targetable mistform etc pp)
    -Then nerfed survivability or implemented hardcounters (shieldbreaker, blocking, dodgecostincrease, soulassault etc pp)
    -They implemented NEW things to favor numerous players attacking single targets (poisons)

To top this off they reimplemented forward camps and all pvp that is left is a zergfest at alessia bridge or a random keep of your choosing while the server goes to sh*t every evening.

What makes this so absurd is that most of the balance changes made to the game were directly targetted at smallscale, dueling or 1vX / Xv1 engagements. Not to promote those - no they were made to make this kind of engagements less desireable and they implemented mechanics that made it it harder to win when already at a numerical disatvantage. In a game that can´t handle largescale engagements without having 1000+ pingspikes.

So not only is the statement of the game being balanced around largescale partially if not fully incorrect. The decision to try to harm smallscale encounters by directly nerfing the tools used in them is also a design decision that directly pushes the game in a direction for combat that their technology is not able to handle.

It´s like showering oneself with gasoline because you like the smell while also searching for a match to light a cigarette (and whoever is making these decisions needs to be adressed to a different task).

I don't disagree that the design philosophy should not be what it is. I'm just stating that they won't change it and this has been reaffirmed. The changes to small scale etc have still been balanced around the large scale desire this game strives for.

Well i think the exact problem is that they´re not only balancing for largescale.
    They patch for balancing largescale and on top of that patch to get rid of smallscale - or atleast make it significantly harder with every patch since 1.7 hit.

I get when they don´t want to follow it and balance according to smallscale. But they´re doing quite the opposite. They are obviously following smallscale pvp and balance to counteract any attempts. Which i my opinion makes no sense. The people who want to smallman are not going to play siege games in 1000 ping when you take away their playthings. Those people leave the game.

I disagree. They are not balancing game in order to stop small scale. They are balancing for large scale and the side effect of that is a detriment to small scale. Specifically, solo play.

What would be the reason to nerf bowspeed or any other mobility option (don´t tell me major minor buff system - if that was true malubeth or skeleton set would not exist in their current form)?
    Who even uses dmgshields in largescale - why was shieldbreaker implemented and shieldduration decreased?
    What´s the purpose of a singletarget ultimate without burst component in largescale pvp - namely soulassault?
    Why were resource draining poisons that are singletarget implemented as they hold no relevance in largescale pvp?

Especially self mobility skills got nerfed/altered numerous times while holding little to no relevance for at all. Claiming the game would not undergo changes targetted and justified in and at smallscale and solo encounters seems a little naive in my opinion.

You seem to think that all of the things you mentioned have no place in large scale pvp. Let's get something straight, just because a changed mechanic or ability negatively effects smaller scale more than other aspects does not mean small scale was the target. I'm sorry but do sorcs not streak through groups of people? Have you never been in the middle of a group ult bomb or running through a breach spamming shields to survive? Have you never had a permanent blocking tank in your group? Can you not focus a single target to burst them down quicker with a single target ult such as a healer or tank of a group? Or can you not do the same with poisons? Do you not still have to gap close people in large scale?

You don't all of a sudden just stop utilizing the things you mentioned because your in large scale combat. These nerfs did hurt and change large scale combat, just not nearly to the extent of smaller scale. It isu have more noticeable in solo play for instance cause you don't have a bunch of people around you. For instance, a tank that used to be able to permanently block in large scale has to manage resources more now, but when they need to they can just fall back a bit. In small scale that player has a much bigger problem because they have no place to fall back to.

Mobility sklls do directly effect large scale. You remember those groups running around in ball groups at high speed and healing and all that good stuff. You know the same ones that would charge through a breach and wrap around the top in seconds. You see less and less of that these days don't you.

Just because a change negatively effects small scale more does not mean small scale was directly in mind. It is a side effect. Additionally, the negative impact the changes have on small scale but not so much large scale is evidence that small scale is a secondary thought to changes. You obviously have not played larges scale combat enough in this game to see how changes have effected group make ups and how they have had to tailor and adjust to the changes to stay effective against the other groups doing the same thing. The difference is that it has less of an effect on large scale because of numbers. Which brings me back to my original point and the direction of the game since launch, cyrodil is a numbers game. Aka, large scale focused.

You can agree or disagree with that but it is true nonetheless. It shows no signs of changing any time soon or even ever. Especially with dueling and arenas coming soon. That is your small scale. To get back to topic at hand, SA is fine in small scale and dueling. The complaint comes from many people yelling about being attacked by multiple SA at one time. Aka, another tool for zergs that hurts mostly fotm solo builds. Again, this is not what the game is balanced for. Wrobel has statedany tiimes, your outnumbered so you lose.

Again, agree or disagree with the approach. Idc. I personally run solo more than group. I know what it is like. I do. But I also understand that this game was tailored more to large scale and just find new ways to adapt to how people will attack me.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both RD and SA should have their range shortened considerably.
    Just my opinion, as a templar, both should make melee think twice about closing not be a long range execute.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    Just my opinion, as a templar, both should make melee think twice about closing not be a long range execute.

What? Melee don't think twice about closing. That's what they do. And there is no real range pvp in this game where there is no cooldown on gap closers. As a templar, you know that we have zero mobility. That's why most choose Vampire in order to get Mist. But even Mist is at the mercy of gap closers.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@RinaldoGandolphi Soul Assault is only really usefull for us, if it is unblockable. But this gets changed. For my personal usage, it's getting nerfed and I might not be using it anymore.

We'll see if the 15% damage buff compensates for this. But I really loved it vs permablockeres, who really are a problem for Sorcs. Because projectiles are mitigated by 15% more than other attacks (sword and board passive) and no other classes is forced to use so many projectiles as their main offense.

They really should rework this passive, it's not fair. Projectiles are reflectable, easier to dodge and more mititgated by blocks. Why ? Why do we get punished so hard ? Either you are melee or go home.

As always very good points @Dracane

Honestly outside of Soul Assault the only thing Sorcs had to get past perma lockers is dropping an Ice Comet, count to two then Rune Cage the target much like DK will Fossize + Shooting Star to ensure your comet isn't blocked and it does enough to proc Fury.

I think Curse not being blockable will help, but your right with Soul Assault being blockable it could be a nerf in some cases.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess summon image is the only way i can gank players inside zergs now. Before i had a chance to use rapids and cloak away. Now if 1 person soul assaults me i gotta get out of the range or die. Thanks Zos.

Keep sticking it to medium armour...... :s:'(

Thanks for adding to the list of counters to medium armour nightblades. Its not like there is a shortage of abilitys to counter cloak these days...

O well. Guess ill just have to use Summon Image everywhere i go....can i have cloak purge back now jeez :|

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 5, 2016 5:03AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seem to think that all of the things you mentioned have no place in large scale pvp. Let's get something straight, just because a changed mechanic or ability negatively effects smaller scale more than other aspects does not mean small scale was the target. I'm sorry but do sorcs not streak through groups of people? Have you never been in the middle of a group ult bomb or running through a breach spamming shields to survive? Have you never had a permanent blocking tank in your group? Can you not focus a single target to burst them down quicker with a single target ult such as a healer or tank of a group? Or can you not do the same with poisons? Do you not still have to gap close people in large scale?

You don´t even get the point i´m making. None and i mean absolutely NONE of the points you´re trying to make has changed for largescale pvp with the changes made to those skills and mechanics.
    The changes only affected smaller scales play (and for mobility were specifically targetted at that).

Also for shields: Did the shield changes affect their functionality in any way when being spammed when running through a breach? Do people spam singletarget lightattack shieldbreaker in those situations?

For the singletarget ulti: Did you even read the question posed? You speak yourself of bursting - in context to an ultimate that does not offer burst potential whatsoever and at the same time got heavily nerfed in regards to taking down healers and tanks as they tend to block and the ulti has now become - blockable?

As for streak: Do you even know why sorcs streaked through groups? Have you encountered that behaviour after they implemented static ulti gain? Most likely not because streaking through grps generated tons of ultimate when it was dynamic and disorient did not provide CC immunity. Now streaking through a grp is directly harmful as you hand out free cc immunity (breaking streak stun takes as long as just letting it run out).

Blocking: I´ve played enough larger scale (sneaky l2p comment there but i only comment on things i have experience in] to know that i don´t have ppl permablocking in my grp there - because it slows them down too much.

Also congratulations on conveniently ignoring bow speed.

You´re either one of those people arguing just for the sake of doing so - or you´re something else.

To get back to topic at hand, SA is fine in small scale and dueling. The complaint comes from many people yelling about being attacked by multiple SA at one time. Aka, another tool for zergs that hurts mostly fotm solo builds. Again, this is not what the game is balanced for. Wrobel has statedany tiimes, your outnumbered so you lose.

If you think SA will be fine in dueling you have the creativity of a pebble and thats putting it nicely.

The statement "you´re outnumbered so you loose" is the most idiotic statement i´ve ever read a developer make in a pvp focused game. It illustrates the desire to remove any form of skilled gameplay or outsmarting your opponent in an attempt to cater to ineptitude (which can never be fixed on the devs end).
    That you´re repeating it here to prove your point does not help it. Repeating something stupid often enough does not suddenly make it any less stupid.
    Edited by Derra on October 5, 2016 8:02AM
    <Noricum>

• BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    BRogueNZ wrote: »

What? Melee don't think twice about closing. That's what they do. And there is no real range pvp in this game where there is no cooldown on gap closers. As a templar, you know that we have zero mobility. That's why most choose Vampire in order to get Mist. But even Mist is at the mercy of gap closers.

You're forgetting we're supposed to build a house and stay, not run away lol
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon ultis:
    - 2H great /
    - BOW great / stam ultis
    - S&B great /

- DESTRO garbage /
    - RESTO garbage / magica ultis

This scenario is completely alright with stam users. But, buff a magica ulti that is completely situational and only works on certain stam builds and the world is falling apart. Sometimes i think stam warriors wont rest untill Cyro is only populated with stam builds.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Weapon ultis:
    - 2H great /
    - BOW great / stam ultis
    - S&B great /

- DESTRO garbage /

This scenario is completely alright with stam users. But, buff a magica ulti that is completely situational and only works on certain stam builds and the world is falling apart. Sometimes i think stam warriors wont rest untill Cyro is only populated with stam builds.

nerf sorc standing in mines ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    ku5h wrote: »
    Weapon ultis:
    - 2H great /
    - BOW great / stam ultis
    - S&B great /

- DESTRO garbage /

nerf sorc standing in mines ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sorc in mines + curse, entropy, magewrath is going to hurt a lot.
    <Noricum>

• Fluffy_Fr0zR
    Fluffy_Fr0zR
    ✭✭✭
    Derra is love, Derra is life.
    "Creativity of a pebble" was my favourite.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don´t even get the point i´m making. None and i mean absolutely NONE of the points you´re trying to make has changed for largescale pvp with the changes made to those skills and mechanics.
    The changes only affected smaller scales play (and for mobility were specifically targetted at that).

Also for shields: Did the shield changes affect their functionality in any way when being spammed when running through a breach? Do people spam singletarget lightattack shieldbreaker in those situations?

For the singletarget ulti: Did you even read the question posed? You speak yourself of bursting - in context to an ultimate that does not offer burst potential whatsoever and at the same time got heavily nerfed in regards to taking down healers and tanks as they tend to block and the ulti has now become - blockable?

As for streak: Do you even know why sorcs streaked through groups? Have you encountered that behaviour after they implemented static ulti gain? Most likely not because streaking through grps generated tons of ultimate when it was dynamic and disorient did not provide CC immunity. Now streaking through a grp is directly harmful as you hand out free cc immunity (breaking streak stun takes as long as just letting it run out).

Blocking: I´ve played enough larger scale (sneaky l2p comment there but i only comment on things i have experience in] to know that i don´t have ppl permablocking in my grp there - because it slows them down too much.

Also congratulations on conveniently ignoring bow speed.

You´re either one of those people arguing just for the sake of doing so - or you´re something else.

To get back to topic at hand, SA is fine in small scale and dueling. The complaint comes from many people yelling about being attacked by multiple SA at one time. Aka, another tool for zergs that hurts mostly fotm solo builds. Again, this is not what the game is balanced for. Wrobel has statedany tiimes, your outnumbered so you lose.

If you think SA will be fine in dueling you have the creativity of a pebble and thats putting it nicely.

The statement "you´re outnumbered so you loose" is the most idiotic statement i´ve ever read a developer make in a pvp focused game. It illustrates the desire to remove any form of skilled gameplay or outsmarting your opponent in an attempt to cater to ineptitude (which can never be fixed on the devs end).
    That you´re repeating it here to prove your point does not help it. Repeating something stupid often enough does not suddenly make it any less stupid.

Again it seems to me you don't do enough large scale to understand how strategic large scale groups have changed and altered their combat and group make up to adjust for the changes. This includes all of the changes that you mentioned. Tactics, strategy, gear, skills used, etc. Again, just because something is more noticeable in smaller scale environments does not mean large scale has not changed. Large scale has changed over time.

Shields were absolutely used in largescale. This changed made groups change their philosophy on how sorcs were used in that combat. Shield changes to barrier also effects large scale. As for shield breaker, are you still complaining about that set? If you can kill a player spamming light attacks from full health they deserve to die. This set practically operates as an execute to people that use shields. This does help in large scale because you face all kinds of shields in laregscale. From dk shield to, temp shield, to LA shield, to undaunted shield, to barrier etc. Being able to execute that blazing shield tank or brining down the player spamming healing ward or the group that just popped barrier right before they die can be a difference maker.

As for single target ult, I did misread what you wrote. The reason it is not just straight burst is because it is Ranged and would be op if it was straight burst damage. The fact that it is Ranged takes out higher risk factor then a melee ult. Additionally, there are plenty of Ranged cc options a player can use to setup a combo with SA to take down enemies. A useful tool in situations where you and others are targeting people from or on keep walls or resources. Or perhaps to help defend the siege line while not having to get drawn out by others to get them. Heck, throw in a cc and hit a healer with it, worst case they now have wasted all of their stam breaking free and blocking that they are vulnerable. A vulnerable healer in large scale is always a plus.

As for streak, yes I still see people streak through groups. Heck a nicely timed negate with a streak followed closely with an ulti bomb is wonderful from wiping groups. Heck you see fengrush do this on his stam sorc with dawnbreaker. The nerf you speak of to ult gen did hurt large scale. Heck, you remember being able to double negate groups quickly because of ult gen allowing you to really wipe other groups. Losing ult gen absolutely effected and hurt large scale pvp. It just hurt smaller groups and silo players more.

Large scale is not always about being mobile. It is also about being stationary and being able to hold your ground to the people around you. So yes, no stam regen did hurt how tanks played and we're utilized in pvp. Heck, for awhile there no one wanted to tank in pvp. It was just less noticeable in large scale.

As for bow speed, I do apologize for not mentioning it, I simply forgot. I do believe bow speed was brought in line with the major and minor system. I think if that is the direction they want to take, then everything should be bound to this system. Mulabeth for instance needs to be brought in line with this system. It is one of the reason the set is such a problem.

Utilizing SA in a duel against a competent player will be no different than trying to pull of othere combos in the game. A competent player will be ready for it most of the time.

Again, agree or disagree with the numbers statement. Regardless of how you feel about it zos has not changed their position on this since launch. With battle grounds coming and dueling here, I doubt this will change. I don't necessarily agree with it. But I am not bl8nd to the fact that it won't change. At this point they have lost the players that can't come to terms with that anyway. Not much more for them to lose on that front any more.

Your position is too biased to small scale. Your eyes are wide open to to the effects on small scale while keeping your eyes shut to the problems it has had on large scale. It is simply easier for large scale to bounce back from, typically.

Just to be clear, when I am talking large scale combat I am not talking from the perspective of a Zerg of pugs running from.one front door of keep to the next etc. I am talking about organized large scale groups.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok how am i supposed to have an argument with someone who´s only argument is basically to tell me i´m to biased to talk on that matter.

I also think at whatever you do in the game pvp wise you´re not good enough to theorize about it in any way - yet i try to not base my argument on this assumption.

I´ve played with most of the self considered high end largegrps and i don´t enjoy it because all the theorycrafting you imply on happening is simply nonexistant and it is still the same ultidump move repeat concept that it was for the first year of the game when i did the lead of a 8 to 16ppl guildgrp almost every evening.
    The thing that has really changed for largescale is bring more people because "you´re outnumbered you loose" works on almost every gameplay level nowadays - and it has not done the game any good.
    Edited by Derra on October 5, 2016 4:42PM
    <Noricum>

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This!
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok how am i supposed to have an argument with someone who´s only argument is basically to tell me i´m to biased to talk on that matter.

I also think at whatever you do in the game pvp wise you´re not good enough to theorize about it in any way - yet i try to not base my argument on this assumption.

I´ve played with most of the self considered high end largegrps and i don´t enjoy it because all the theorycrafting you imply on happening is simply nonexistant and it is still the same ultidump move repeat concept that it was for the first year of the game when i did the lead of a 8 to 16ppl guildgrp almost every evening.
    The thing that has really changed for largescale is bring more people because "you´re outnumbered you loose" works on almost every gameplay level nowadays - and it has not done the game any good.

If you thought that was my only argument then you did not read what I said. I was merely drawing a conclusion based on what you were saying. I didn't say you were too biased to talk about it. I was merely trying to state that it seems like you experience has skewed your understanding of organized large scale combat. An organized large group of say 16 or 20 people with proper group cohesion, gear ,skill, etc will win most times. Large scale combat is not simply just running in and dropping ults. There are many more tactics and strategies to prepare for. In fact, an ult bomb against another organized group will not be the end of them. Those players can defend and counter attack. When you get 2 large organized groups facing each other it is about being able to outsmart and out play them a rag tag Zerg of pugs won't do it many times. Again, I don't disagree with how dumb the numbers thing is, but it won't change.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    No! Do not nerf Soul Assault. It's a beautiful spell for us magicka users.

I have seen it today, sorc just standing in his mines like always, curse etc with mages wrath and soul assault and think if he will have swarm mother set also.
    na chance to survive this if you arent heavy armor templar, dk or streaking/shielding sorc

And all the things stam users have to destroy magic? Every class has a weakness, soul assault is interruptible use a ranged interrupt.

Kinda funny the nerf request coming from a stam nightblade.

Pot meet kettle.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

I have seen it today, sorc just standing in his mines like always, curse etc with mages wrath and soul assault and think if he will have swarm mother set also.
    na chance to survive this if you arent heavy armor templar, dk or streaking/shielding sorc

And all the things stam users have to destroy magic? Every class has a weakness, soul assault is interruptible use a ranged interrupt.

Pot meet kettle.

SA isn't interuptuble anymore
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

Pot meet kettle.

It's almost like you didn't read the thread...

Oh wait you didn't, *sigh*
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not as op as meteor when you are outnumbered. Atleast you can los SA meteor will follow you wherever you go. And has a stun and a 70% snare. And to the people who say you can just block meteor, Welll you can do the same with SA
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not as op as meteor when you are outnumbered. Atleast you can los SA meteor will follow you wherever you go. And has a stun and a 70% snare. And to the people who say you can just block meteor, Welll you can do the same with SA

But the point is you block meteor for a second, then roll or purge and you off.

Soul assault you can't move for 4s...?

How is that even comparable.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would still rather have a soul assualt on me than a meteor. Because I can line of sight SA. Meteor is guaranteed to hit me which is way to op when outnumbered. I can also defend against soul assualt without wasting my stamina which is huge for me I don't even have to block it I can just shield through it. At least that's how I been defending against soul assault. So it is very comparable. Maybe a stamina build who doesn't have shields SA maybe a little op but i don't see it effecting me for the most part. But I play on console so I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would still rather have a soul assualt on me than a meteor. Because I can line of sight SA. Meteor is guaranteed to hit me which is way to op when outnumbered. I can also defend against soul assualt without wasting my stamina which is huge for me I don't even have to block it I can just shield through it. At least that's how I been defending against soul assault. So it is very comparable. Maybe a stamina build who doesn't have shields SA maybe a little op but i don't see it effecting me for the most part. But I play on console so I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet

It is not the SA what kills you... it is what is weaved before it.

Sure, shields do help you, but you can't be popping the bubble all the day

Edited by Xvorg on October 6, 2016 5:32PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the change . It's worth slotting for magic players now .