Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

About crownstore showcase (Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin)

• Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Suter1972 wrote: »
    @MarkusLiberty Costumes and Mounts are premade skins vs motifs you need materials to craft it. Your basically paying for blue prints. For crafters who make gear we do not make real money, just game gold or do for free. Paying real money to make others something with materials which are free (harvesting mats) makes no sense.

Great points, but…..

Ive read a few posts where crafters say we are unappreciated, no reason for 9 traits, whats the point etc etc.

Then ZOS release a blue print you pay real money for that wont drop in game (maybe).

Surely this is the opportunity for crafters to make the in game gold they want and realise the in game worth of the time and effort it took to become a crafter? “you want the grim set? Sure that will be X gold please”

The only way to get the gear is via a crafter (or become one yourself). Personally as a progressing crafter Im pretty happy with that!
    So you're happy with the idea of ZOS becoming a gold seller, offering something for cash that people can turn around and exchange as a service for gold in-game?

The person who was advertising future grim harlequin crafting services in my trade guild said they were not even a 9-trait crafter in all items yet - just eager to shell out the cash to go into business. If anything, that trend continues and it will put other crafters out of business if they aren't willing to play this dirty game. Or maybe that's the part you're happy with.

Why hasn't ZOS clarified yet how this is actually going to work, with the style stones and such? I would think that shouldn't be a terribly hard question to answer.

wow, I lost count of the amount of insinuations there. Good job.

but in a word, yes. This is the only MMO where crafters put in months and months of research and material gathering without any reward for doing so. As another thread quotes, you don't even get an achievement for reaching 9 traits (im 10+ months away yet)

If they add in something that makes a crafter the only way to get an item you want then great, bring it on. We will finally become a profession worth progressing.

Edited by Suter1972 on October 3, 2016 12:55PM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    We have only ONE feature coming to us which will not cost Crowns and will be for everyone: Spellcrafting. It would be 100% P2W if made Crown Store/Sub only. This is why the feature itself was nearly finished back before the Crown Store was implemented, yet is still on the back burner.

The Crown Store is incrementally getting more greedy, and as long as it follows the "do no harm"* philosophy, I can see them doing Spell Crafting in the Crown Store.

My thought, and the only reason I mention this is that they have already thought of it, is that buffs will be in the Crown Store, and I bet they will be exclusive. Players can use crafted potions, food, and drink. What harm could there possibly be from Crown Store crafted spells that do what the potions, food, and drink do?

There has to be something for the Crown Store in there, or the Studio will not do it. Crown Crates are probably the "payment" for One Tamriel not being something that can be monetized. :smile:

* Note that "harm" is defined by the Studio, per undisclosed and undocumented criteria, so they could say pretty much anything does no harm. As long as they keep that a secret, the statement is worthless.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 3, 2016 12:57PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - The future class to ESO (Warden) may become a Crown Store only feature. You don't NEED it to win, so it's not P2W.
    I agree with the general sentiment of your post, but there's really nothing unusual about a new class introduced in a paid expansion.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MarkusLiberty Costumes and Mounts are premade skins vs motifs you need materials to craft it. Your basically paying for blue prints. For crafters who make gear we do not make real money, just game gold or do for free. Paying real money to make others something with materials which are free (harvesting mats) makes no sense.

Great points, but…..

Ive read a few posts where crafters say we are unappreciated, no reason for 9 traits, whats the point etc etc.

Then ZOS release a blue print you pay real money for that wont drop in game (maybe).

Surely this is the opportunity for crafters to make the in game gold they want and realise the in game worth of the time and effort it took to become a crafter? “you want the grim set? Sure that will be X gold please”

The only way to get the gear is via a crafter (or become one yourself). Personally as a progressing crafter Im pretty happy with that!
    So you're happy with the idea of ZOS becoming a gold seller, offering something for cash that people can turn around and exchange as a service for gold in-game?

The person who was advertising future grim harlequin crafting services in my trade guild said they were not even a 9-trait crafter in all items yet - just eager to shell out the cash to go into business. If anything, that trend continues and it will put other crafters out of business if they aren't willing to play this dirty game. Or maybe that's the part you're happy with.

Why hasn't ZOS clarified yet how this is actually going to work, with the style stones and such? I would think that shouldn't be a terribly hard question to answer.

wow, I lost count of the amount of insinuations there. Good job.

but in a word, yes. This is the only MMO where crafters put in months and months of research and material gathering without any reward for doing so. As another thread quotes, you don't even get an achievement for reaching 9 traits (im 10+ months away yet)

If they add in something that makes a crafter the only way to get an item you want then great, bring it on. We will finally become a profession worth progressing.

Awesome. I've been a nine trait crafter for a year longer than you've been playing the game, and that entire time, motifs have been obtainable in game by drop or by trade. Sometimes locked behind a DLC, but that's fair. But now you're going to explain to me that I should be thankful for the opportunity to pay cash for an exclusive crown store motif (assuming that is the case, I haven't heard anything official to the contrary) so I am rewarded by my crafting services being needed.

It sounds like you're exactly the kind of player they want around here. I'm just a dinosaur who didn't get the memo about going extinct.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you're exactly the kind of player they want around here. I'm just a dinosaur who didn't get the memo about going extinct.

You're not the only dinosaur here! Let's go hunt some triceratops together. :)

More seriously, I'd like to know if we also need to buy mimic stones to craft gears with that so-called crown store exclusive motif. If it's a yes, crafters who want to use this motif to earn in game gold will have to spend additional crowns to even craft a single piece, that means less shiny stuff to purchase if they're not wealthy and also willing to waste their money to buy an in game currency. It's not a very good deal imo, there are other ways to gain gold without having to spend a penny.
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭

We have only ONE feature coming to us which will not cost Crowns and will be for everyone: Spellcrafting. It would be 100% P2W if made Crown Store/Sub only. This is why the feature itself was nearly finished back before the Crown Store was implemented, yet is still on the back burner.

Is this actually true? Nearly finished? Was this available for some kind of preview in beta? I've never read anything about Spellcrafting other than it was something they wanted to do. That is a far cry from almost finished. This seems to be some disappointed or salty hyperbole but I would be happy to be proven wrong.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's no achievement for this, then it's fine, I guess. At least you don't force players to buy it. But tbh ZOS moves like this one don't help your reputation. Do you ignore and hate your playerbase that much?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this actually true? Nearly finished? Was this available for some kind of preview in beta? I've never read anything about Spellcrafting other than it was something they wanted to do. That is a far cry from almost finished. This seems to be some disappointed or salty hyperbole but I would be happy to be proven wrong.

I don't know if it was "almost finished", but we got to a point where we had a preview shown to us with a placeholder NPC, plus a lot of datamined information that gave us an idea of the possibilities the system offered.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's with the panic? All they said was available through the crown store. How do we know it's not going to be the same as the jubilee cake, bugs excluded hopefully, you get a free voucher from the crown store them take it somewhere to cash it in and a bunch of little quests start, it might be a guareteed drop like the cake or the soul shriven motif, once you completed a given quantity of quests.

Seriously ZOS though, all this silence on the matter is NOT helping :/
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This. The way they treat this sort of thing I feel like they expect to keep everything a secret from us even AFTER we're expected to buy, participate in, or otherwise interact with it. -_-
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's with the panic? All they said was available through the crown store. How do we know it's not going to be the same as the jubilee cake, bugs excluded hopefully, you get a free voucher from the crown store them take it somewhere to cash it in and a bunch of little quests start, it might be a guareteed drop like the cake or the soul shriven motif, once you completed a given quantity of quests.

Past history has proven that silence on the matter does not bring a nice surprise for the player base at the end.

I suppose there's always a first time!

This is also coming directly after the disastrous PTS testing of the crown crates, so I think some of us are feeling pretty cynical right now.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    senhavran wrote: »

You're not the only dinosaur here! Let's go hunt some triceratops together. :)

More seriously, I'd like to know if we also need to buy mimic stones to craft gears with that so-called crown store exclusive motif. If it's a yes, crafters who want to use this motif to earn in game gold will have to spend additional crowns to even craft a single piece, that means less shiny stuff to purchase if they're not wealthy and also willing to waste their money to buy an in game currency. It's not a very good deal imo, there are other ways to gain gold without having to spend a penny.

This is another question I'd really like to know the answer to!

I know they put out crown store previews of this trying to get players excited about it, and apparently for some people it is working, but there are just too many unknowns for my liking.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭

Awesome. I've been a nine trait crafter for a year longer than you've been playing the game, and that entire time, motifs have been obtainable in game by drop or by trade. Sometimes locked behind a DLC, but that's fair. But now you're going to explain to me that I should be thankful for the opportunity to pay cash for an exclusive crown store motif (assuming that is the case, I haven't heard anything official to the contrary) so I am rewarded by my crafting services being needed.

Well done on being on ESO longer than me. Is there an achievement for that?

But what you've just said ie Locked behind DLC is no different to putting it on crown store. You still have to spend real money to get it unless someone will craft you it. Unless im missing something?

I just don’t get the big chip on the shoulder. They are making you a valuable resource in the game. You don’t HAVE to buy it, you could just get someone else to craft you it for free…..
    Edited by Suter1972 on October 3, 2016 3:18PM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But what you've just said ie Locked behind DLC is no different to putting it on crown store. You still have to spend real money to get it unless someone will craft you it. Unless im missing something?

You can still buy it for gold in the guild stores if the motif drops in a dlc map.
    Edited by Abeille on October 3, 2016 3:18PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, if this is Crown store only with no in-game source that is disappointing. Where will the style stones be dropping?

It also bothers me that this style is listed in the Eidetic Memory which would mean us completionists would have to buy it to complete Eidetic 100%. I have no problem with DLC having Eidetic Memory entries because they add content to the game and we would buy them anyways (or access with sub), but a crown-only motif seems a bit unfair:(
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

You can still buy it for gold in the guild stores if the motif drops in a dlc map.

Ah ok, that's makes sense.

• randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya what are the style mats for these limited-event-timed-crown-only-motifs? If you need buy mimic stones and a motif to wear a special seasonal look it be cheaper as a costume...
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerin wrote: »
    @MissBizz Crown store exclusive, there is no doubt, nothing in achievement about this Grim Harlequin motif.

QvmAxkG.jpg

Oh no no no no no! NO!
    ZoS tell me this is a bad dream!
    PC/EU DC
  • EllaRielle
    EllaRielle
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, next year during the holiday events, they could flip what motifs are available in game vs. what will be in crown store.
    Guilds:
    ESOTR
    Wings of Fate
    Elder Scrolls Exchange
    Ethereal Traders Union
    Heroic Intent
    Haderus/Trueflame on NA
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I just don’t get the big chip on the shoulder. They are making you a valuable resource in the game. You don’t HAVE to buy it, you could just get someone else to craft you it for free…..

I wrongly assumed crafters already knew the DLC motifs could currently be either obtained through game play in the DLC zone or traded between players for gold. I see someone else has clarified that. I would add that when you subscribe or buy DLC you get a lot more for your money than just an opportunity to obtain a motif in game.

So yes, the official silence after the announcement these motifs are coming to the store makes it sound like something very different is happening here for crafters than what we have come to expect over the past couple of years.

Master crafters have been asking for perks for a long time. Perks like being able to change traits or styles on existing items, for example. The opportunity to be required to pay cash for new motifs up front so they can continue to offer crafting services in all styles is not a suggestion I recall ever seeing from any master crafter.

You are correct that I don't have to buy it. I know that, and I won't be. But if you think anyone is going to be crafting this style for others for free... I just don't know how to even respond to that.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this actually true? Nearly finished? Was this available for some kind of preview in beta? I've never read anything about Spellcrafting other than it was something they wanted to do. That is a far cry from almost finished. This seems to be some disappointed or salty hyperbolebut I would be happy to be proven wrong.

A massive amount of the spells were datamined. Likely all of them. This happened a long time ago.

They showed off gameplay of Spellcrafting, finding runestones (materials), and even showed off spells. It's all in the same E3 presentation where they showed off IC, Orsinium, Murkmire, etc.

Do your research before calling me out on a topic you are clearly ignorant of and insulting me .
    Edited by Vaoh on October 3, 2016 8:57PM
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    The motif is ugly as hell. Don't care if it's exclusive, it sucks, I personally would never wear it and therefore will never buy it...problem solved.

For me that is ha.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is this is bull****, bull**** I say!@#!!!
    Kinda feels like we are starting to go toward that cell phone type game which Destiny did and while I had 1500 hours into Destiny I happily deleted it from my console and moved on to ESO because Bethesda (ZOS) would never do that.

Rethink choices you should, or lose many fans you will.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motif is ugly as hell. Don't care if it's exclusive, it sucks, I personally would never wear it and therefore will never buy it...problem solved.

For me that is ha.

It's a trend. A bad trend.

Frostcaster is the next in line, and that is my favorite amongst all of the styles. It is Stalhrim.

Unfortunately I will never get to wear Stalhrim styled armor now because of ZOS's rapidly increasing greediness. I'm afraid it'll start to kill the game if they keep up at this rate.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For me that is ha.

Frostcaster is the next in line, and that is my favorite amongst all of the styles. It is Stalhrim.

Unfortunately I will never get to wear Stalhrim styled armor now because of ZOS's rapidly increasing greediness. I'm afraid it'll start to kill the game if they keep up at this rate.

To be fair, Frostcaster is a OK on its own, but is a very bad interpretation of Stalhrim armor. It looks like someone made a really cool line of armored winter hoodies, then stuck icicles on them for some reason. It's a far cry from what any of us were expecting or hoping for in terms of Stalhrim. Maybe they'll make a higher-quality, more Stalhrim-focused motif for some future Nord DLC.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's Crown Store only I'll pass. Half the fun of knowing the Motif is the 'lookie lookie what I found!' .

Ah, good point.

Also if it's a crown item I can't gift it to my sweetie (did that with #2 Imperial motif [ever] and it was very fun).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

For me that is ha.

To be fair, Frostcaster is a OK on its own, but is a very bad interpretation of Stalhrim armor. It looks like someone made a really cool line of armored winter hoodies, then stuck icicles on them for some reason. It's a far cry from what any of us were expecting or hoping for in terms of Stalhrim. Maybe they'll make a higher-quality, more Stalhrim-focused motif for some future Nord DLC.

Check out the weapons:

Stahlrim-Frostcaster-Iron-Sword-2.jpg

I assure you that in-game, they are amazing. Check out this vid showing it off:
    https://youtu.be/fq9weTqUloE

Yup..... it's beautiful......but only if you pay $40+ for it. :angry:
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading through this gives me a little chuckle inside for quite a few reasons;

Reason 1:

The last few DLC's up to an including One Tamriel l, which is really just a glorified base game update masquerading as quarterly content (to be fair there is a quite a bit of new dungeon content) has been very lackluster for crafters.

Reason 2:

Giving every drop set in the game weapons and jewelry, while completely bad ass devalues crafted sets placing more value on drops set pieces and less value on crafted pieces. Which amplifies one of the weakest points of thing game; its freakin terrible RNG.

Reason 3:

RNG, the drop rate on the last Two DLC's motifs has been *** terrible. And yes I meant to swear I flat out gave up on Abahas Watch, the missions were horrendously boring and required phasing to multiple zones at a time in the game when on PS4 the THIS LOAD SCREEN MAY BE LONGER THEN EXPECTED was actually the norm there should have been a message for THIS LOAD SCREEN WILL BE SHORTER THEN EXPECTED. Order of the Hour and Minotaur have been exceedingly grindy to the point where even though I run each of those mission on three chacters almost every day since it dropped I'm still short not quite half the chapters.

Reason 4:

Glass, maybe the most grindy RNG madden version of how to acquire a motif. Supremely terrible and luck based and they released the full glass motif at a what I still consider a high cost of 5000 crowns very soon after and the crafting community exploded with complaints. I personally loved this method, if you were the dirt in your hands salt of the earth I did this hard way type you could grind your fingers to the bone and if you didn't have the gold or time to chase these things but wanted to be able craft things for yourself you thought looked cool and were willing to part with real money you could acquire the motif.

Reason 5:

The it could be worse, while I personally wish you could buy all motifs in the crown store mainly because of the chore of chasing down items that are actually almost worthless (see reason 6) it could be worse. The new well roughly a year new marketing director could have put any crown motif's in the crown crates with a .6 drop chance for a chapter and .0000000001 chance for a book.

Reason 6:

Reddit; there are according to recent Reddit chat with the dev team no plans to allow you to alter the appearances of current drop sets outside of switching your stuff to Imperial.

Maybe a chuckle when I should cry.

I spent more time gaining the ability to craft 9 trait anything then I have trying to do anything else in this game and it has the absolute worst payoff and it's only getting worse with the fact we can't craft jewelry and ever drop set will drop jewelry now.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Reading through this gives me a little chuckle inside for quite a few reasons;

Reason 1:

The last few DLC's up to an including One Tamriel l, which is really just a glorified base game update masquerading as quarterly content (to be fair there is a quite a bit of new dungeon content) has been very lackluster for crafters.

Reason 2:

Giving every drop set in the game weapons and jewelry, while completely bad ass devalues crafted sets placing more value on drops set pieces and less value on crafted pieces. Which amplifies one of the weakest points of thing game; its freakin terrible RNG.

Reason 3:

RNG, the drop rate on the last Two DLC's motifs has been *** terrible. And yes I meant to swear I flat out gave up on Abahas Watch, the missions were horrendously boring and required phasing to multiple zones at a time in the game when on PS4 the THIS LOAD SCREEN MAY BE LONGER THEN EXPECTED was actually the norm there should have been a message for THIS LOAD SCREEN WILL BE SHORTER THEN EXPECTED. Order of the Hour and Minotaur have been exceedingly grindy to the point where even though I run each of those mission on three chacters almost every day since it dropped I'm still short not quite half the chapters.

Reason 4:

Glass, maybe the most grindy RNG madden version of how to acquire a motif. Supremely terrible and luck based and they released the full glass motif at a what I still consider a high cost of 5000 crowns very soon after and the crafting community exploded with complaints. I personally loved this method, if you were the dirt in your hands salt of the earth I did this hard way type you could grind your fingers to the bone and if you didn't have the gold or time to chase these things but wanted to be able craft things for yourself you thought looked cool and were willing to part with real money you could acquire the motif.

Reason 5:

The it could be worse, while I personally wish you could buy all motifs in the crown store mainly because of the chore of chasing down items that are actually almost worthless (see reason 6) it could be worse. The new well roughly a year new marketing director could have put any crown motif's in the crown crates with a .6 drop chance for a chapter and .0000000001 chance for a book.

Reason 6:

Reddit; there are according to recent Reddit chat with the dev team no plans to allow you to alter the appearances of current drop sets outside of switching your stuff to Imperial.

Maybe a chuckle when I should cry.

I spent more time gaining the ability to craft 9 trait anything then I have trying to do anything else in this game and it has the absolute worst payoff and it's only getting worse with the fact we can't craft jewelry and ever drop set will drop jewelry now.

They also said RNG Crown crates would not happen, but they lied.

So you know, changing the style of already existing armor/weapons is called transmogrification is most games.

Transmogrification is 99.999999999% guaranteed to be an ESO+ perk.

It'll come but you'll need to pay $15 a month to use it....
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    This is the sort of thing I don't mind seeing in the store. People buying these are what will fund the game for players who are more interested in the content when it goes F2P (and it will go F2P).

Cas
    Edited by Castielle on October 12, 2016 10:25AM