Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

About crownstore showcase (Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin)

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a style motif, not a gold set piece that raises spell power by 10,000. I, for one, loathe running those dreadful Gold Coast dailies every day on four toons so that I can get the last motif I need for my crafter. Give me an option to buy the style and I'd never even bother.

Honestly, some of you need to get a grip. Go play a Perfect World game if you want to see gouging and truly shady business practices.
  • fangroth
    fangroth
    Soul Shriven
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    I, for one, loathe running those dreadful Gold Coast dailies every day on four toons so that I can get the last motif I need for my crafter. Give me an option to buy the style and I'd never even bother.
    It is a shame that you do not enjoy the actual content of this game, but I would rather earn my reward in game rather than open my wallet. Also, the crux of this thread has been about lamenting changing the tradition of offering a motif in the game AND in the crown store later. If this tradition were adhered to, both of us would be satisfied: I could run the content, you could pay for the motif later on.
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Honestly, some of you need to get a grip. Go play a Perfect World game if you want to see gouging and truly shady business practices.
    Just because another company or game has worse business practices does not mean we should not point out what many of us perceive as degradation of this game.
  • Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for ZOS to get a licensing deal with Paramount so they can add a Borg style look to the crown store items. They've already been assimilated by the Greed Collective™, they may as well take it all the way, right?
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if it's Crown Store only where in Oblivion would we get style stones? Crown Store Mimic stones there too? No thank you.

I have found some Grim Harlequin styled items from RoM. Maybe you can deconstruct those for style mats?
    As a crafter who loves to collect styles, I really hate this "Crown Store exclusive" motif system.... I haven't fallen for it yet but I am considering buying it every time I log in.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem for me as there isnt any crafted set that could replace my droped sets for PvP.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no! Zenimax just spent time and effort producing something that isn't free!

I dont see how motifs are any different that costumes or mounts, why shouldn't they be allowed to sell a few of them as Crown store exclusives?

Its just cosmetics.

well yes, if it would be sellable, then it is an indirect gold selling imho

you buy motif for real money, you sell for lot of gold
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ravenarc wrote: »
    There are 3 reasons not to buy exclusive crown store motifs.
    • Monster Gears "Good luck wearing the whole crown motif set and suffer from stat loss, sorry but not sorry -Zos :D "
    • Mimic Stones "No explanation on how to get the materials so it's safe to assume that it's gonna be mimic stones. Play it once, now you pay twice - A Gambler's Quote"
    • Supporting P2W model "It's exclusive which means if someone asks you to craft those, it'll be tons of golds. Good news for master crafters but bad news for the population"

I can not agree more with you!!!

the same goes for the hollowjack motif, the motif chapters drop and style mat drops from the plunder skulls during the festival, but after the festival, in case you have learned the motif chapters, you would be only able to craft it with crown store mimic stones

*** tactics is *** tactics...
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JUST COME AND ANSWER WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW ZOS FFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

The fact no one has come to answer our concerns means the worse... I am done waiting. Tell us you are selling this in the store with no way to obtain it in game and tell us you are designing the game to make it a real money trade for mimic stones because no style stones are around in the game eventually...

Just tell us so those of us that care about being treated badly can quit and the or tell us we are wrong and all of it will be in game and we can move on and say sorry...

just leaving us i the dark is so, well... so Zos...
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no! Zenimax just spent time and effort producing something that isn't free!

I dont see how motifs are any different that costumes or mounts, why shouldn't they be allowed to sell a few of them as Crown store exclusives?

Its just cosmetics.

Interesting how many players view it like this. The difference is the other "cosmetics" in crown store like costumes and mounts will not gain you in game gold in any way.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

They also said RNG Crown crates would not happen, but they lied.

So you know, changing the style of already existing armor/weapons is called transmogrification is most games.

Transmogrification is 99.999999999% guaranteed to be an ESO+ perk.

It'll come but you'll need to pay $15 a month to use it....

Actually, they kind of evaded, not lied. Language and technicality, and it sucks.

They said they'd never add locked rng crates.

And they haven't. The crown crates don't need keys that you have to purchase. You just buy the rngesus crate and you can open it.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    They said they'd never add locked rng crates.

And they haven't. The crown crates don't need keys that you have to purchase. You just buy the rngesus crate and you can open it.

This distinction means all the difference, to them. Personally, I have decided that it is just two sides of the same coin, and they just like tails more than heads.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • colec74
    colec74
    I don't mind buying it in the crown store. ZOS has to make money some how. What I do mind is how expensive they make the motifs and that I have to buy mimic stones to make this motif.
  • LumpySlingblade
    I am unable to use mimic stones to craft anything from my Grim Harlequin Motif! I'd recommend against buying it!
  • DkAngel23b14_ESO
    Im still really not sure what the issue is here. I keep seeing the "It makes you IG profit" argument. Honestly I have never once bought crafted gear from anyone else... whats the point? All the dropped sets are way better and people price things for the dumbest amounts plausible (looking at you 50k nirn pieces). I like the Grim motif and in fact I own it, but its not that great in terms of "OMG I hAVE TO HAVE thAT Style!!" I will likely make a couple pieces to mix with my other armor and never touch it again. The only reason youll see people buy this stuff on the traders is so that they can decon it to try and get the style stone... If someone wants to almost literally burn real life money to get mimic stones to attempt to get Grim stones, eh, that sounds like someone with too much money an no clue how to use it properly. Add in that the folks that can craft the Grim set have 50+ mimic stones already... so theyd want to buy the decon'd stones why? No one else can even use them so thats a rediculously small niche market. I dont see the issue here.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not 1 time issue, and yes I bought the set. The point is 1 this time, how many the next time? They ban people for selling gold for real life money. Now they have basically added that mechanic to the game. This is in itself a bad idea. All, I repeat all other cosmetic items are bound to account, right? I spend months gathering motifs, grinding for them, this part of the game I enjoy. I don't care if they want to offer any motif in the crown store, but it should be offered in game as well. Then to top it off you will have to buy mimic stones to craft it. I imagine the grinstone market will be very small, which will drive up the price if they can be lucky enough to get one from deconstruction. Who wants to buy something at an inflated rate for a chance to get one in the hopes that they will get a stone to sell at an even higher price? It's a cash grab, whether it works or not remains to be seen. Crafting is already lagging as a profession in the game and they didn't help with oneT.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still really not sure what the issue is here.

1. Up until now, all of the motifs were available in the game for people who wanted to get them in that manner. This represents a change in policy for ZOS.
    2. The style resource is not available in the game as a normal drop, so it is necessary to use Mimic stones from the Crown Store. For ZOS, this is the gift that keeps on giving. Again, this is a change in policy for ZOS.
    3. It is possible to craft using this motif and sell the crafted item for gold. It is also possible to craft this item, deconstruct it for the style material, and sell the style material. Combined with the above, this is also a first in ESO, and while it is a poor CASH->GOLD conduit, it is one. This is also a change in policy for ZOS.

I want to add that all of this appears to be a late intervention by the monetization people. This has the feel of a last minute change in plans, to me.

Edited by Elsonso on October 20, 2016 4:00PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jeremiah911
    jeremiah911
    ✭✭✭

1. Up until now, all of the motifs were available in the game for people who wanted to get them in that manner. This represents a change in policy for ZOS.
    2. The style resource is not available in the game as a normal drop, so it is necessary to use Mimic stones from the Crown Store. For ZOS, this is the gift that keeps on giving. Again, this is a change in policy for ZOS.
    3. It is possible to craft using this motif and sell the crafted item for gold. It is also possible to craft this item, deconstruct it for the style material, and sell the style material. Combined with the above, this is also a first in ESO, and while it is a poor CASH->GOLD conduit, it is one. This is also a change in policy for ZOS.

I want to add that all of this appears to be a late intervention by the monetization people. This has the feel of a last minute change in plans, to me.

1. ZOS owns the hardware and software that run ESO. We don't own anything. We simply pay for the ability to play the game. If ZOS shuts down the servers tomorrow we don't have anything to show for the monetary investment other than the entertainment value we received while playing the game. If ZOS wants to change their "motif" policy, as dumb as that actually sounds, it is their right to do so. Its your choice if you accept it or not.

2. Again, deal with it or not. If your dissatisfied with the implementation then go play / support a game that better aligns with your ideals. If your dissatisfied because you cant afford the items you like that ZOS chooses to sell in the Crown Store then go make more money so you can have the things you like.

3. Your analogy here for pay to win is an insult to pay to win and an obvious stretch to support your own ideals.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. ZOS owns the hardware and software that run ESO. We don't own anything. We simply pay for the ability to play the game. If ZOS shuts down the servers tomorrow we don't have anything to show for the monetary investment other than the entertainment value we received while playing the game. If ZOS wants to change their "motif" policy, as dumb as that actually sounds, it is their right to do so. Its your choice if you accept it or not.

2. Again, deal with it or not. If your dissatisfied with the implementation then go play / support a game that better aligns with your ideals. If your dissatisfied because you cant afford the items you like that ZOS chooses to sell in the Crown Store then go make more money so you can have the things you like.

3. Your analogy here for pay to win is an insult to pay to win and an obvious stretch to support your own ideals.

So I guess we have no right to complain? Hey all you pvpers just shut up and move on if you don't like the lag or the proc wars.

No we don't own anything, but we have purchased a product and have a right to express displeasure with said product. Imagine if you go to a restaurant and order a medium well steak, but when it comes out its burnt. Are you as a consumer just going to sucks it and move along? I mean really it's not your restaurant or oven.

He and others have the right to complain about something that is important to them. You on the other hand have no right to tell them to suck it up, all of us have paid for said software and as consumers we have a right to be displeased with certain changes. And as a free people we have the right to express our displeasure.