Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

About crownstore showcase (Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin)

Dakrana_Thrazvoth
Dakrana_Thrazvoth
✭✭✭✭
This new motif is crown store exclusive if I understand correcly ? Just another step in greed. Since the crown store has been released, you stopped to make bundle costumes, after increased significantly the price of single costume. Added more items available only for a limited time (with higher price). And now you add in crown store the first motif crown store exclusive.
Just another disppointment from zenimax. :(

I'm really afraid about what you are preparing for the community with yours future DLC and your game in general.

Crown store showcase :

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/30/crown-store-showcase--september-30th-2016

Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin

Do you like dark humor, grim but funny? We've got a stylish motif for you! As Chamberlain Haskill explains, “My Lord Sheogorath has directed me to compile a guide for those seeking to create 'Grim Harlequin' arms and armor, so that the Mad God's mortal servants may have a way to make all their equipment look the same. Of course, this standardization runs counter to all other cult practices, and is insane on the face of it. What's your point?"

The Grim Harlequin style will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the Witches Festival, from October 13 to November 1.

8d1edef266a18b0802167ac868f8c21c.jpg

Edited by Dakrana_Thrazvoth on October 3, 2016 11:07AM
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on October 20, 2016 7:55PM
    Staff Post
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes, this "crown store only" really sucks!!!!

WTH ZOS???

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Er, as I recall it was tied to an event. I don't think this is a sale, so much as the event goes from Oct 13th to Nov...

As to Wether they are selling it in the store in ADDITION to that, idk and idc. I'll have the full motif without spending a dime.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was as a reward for the event, but I've been searching the forums and everyone reference the Hallowjack motif being the event reward...

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Wanna clear up the confusion here? We're confused :(

[EDIT] *puts on detective hat* well they did move this thread to the crown store forum...
    Edited by MissBizz on September 30, 2016 2:41PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz Crown store exclusive, there is no doubt, nothing in achievement about this Grim Harlequin motif.

QvmAxkG.jpg

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aerin Thank you.. I guess... :'(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's Crown Store only I'll pass. Half the fun of knowing the Motif is the 'lookie lookie what I found!' aspect, and if using it is just going to show off how willing I am to spend money, I'm sorry but no.

Also, if it's Crown Store only where in Oblivion would we get style stones? Crown Store Mimic stones there too? No thank you.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown only Motif? Very unfair :(
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's Crown Store only I'll pass. Half the fun of knowing the Motif is the 'lookie lookie what I found!' aspect, and if using it is just going to show off how willing I am to spend money, I'm sorry but no.

Also, if it's Crown Store only where in Oblivion would we get style stones? Crown Store Mimic stones there too? No thank you.

@WhiteCoatSyndrome Oh goodness... You make a very good point.

Hey, just spend some $$ to buy the motif.. but don't worry, you also need to spend more $$ to actually craft the thing after you use up the couple stones we give you.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really like this style and I would have considered delaying crafting my new set if I had thought it would be coming out with the Witches Festival.

However, no way I'm dropping 5000 crowns on a motif. If that's the only way to get this nice style, that's very disappointing.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that stinks .
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If true this is a new new low. Some clarification it would be most helpful though.

Khajiit wonders sometimes why the human alt she pays ESO Plus for only two thirds of a game - the rest being in the store or even worse in those accursed con crates. She knows it is because of love for Tamriel but even the greatest love can be pushed beyond acceptable limits.

Please do not take our good feelings so for granted yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Dimentiza
    Dimentiza
    ✭✭✭
    Nice big middle finger for master crafters. I was excited to farm this motif because it looks really nice but cant really afford to put 30e to a single motif.... Crown crates ticked me off really badly and this just adds bad feels on top of it. There's better ways of making the crown store nicer and this is far from it.
    EU ⋅ PC ⋅ DC
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown store exclusive motif ???

C'mon ZOS, c'mon @ZOS_GinaBruno ... tell us it isn't so...

• lockator
    lockator
    ✭✭
    Not to invoke the p2w debate butttt.......

For 5k crowns not many people will buy it. This means that a select few will be able to make serious gold out of paying for it with crowns and then selling gear, esp as seems a nice set.

Seems a shame and a slippery slope.
    PC EU

Characters:

Storm of Flames: CP 561+ Magicka Sorc (DC)
    Flavour of the Month: Stam Sorc (DC)
    The Poisonknight: Stam DK (DC)
    Jesu Sbeamer: Magicka Templar (DC)

Guilds: Honour (DC)
    Harambe (DC)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lockator wrote: »

For 5k crowns not many people will buy it. This means that a select few will be able to make serious gold out of paying for it with crowns and then selling gear, esp as seems a nice set.

@lockator As well, they will surely make the crafting charge quite pricey if they need to buy mimic stones in order to craft it...
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this is obtainable in game...

I think out of all the motif styles there are maybe 3-5 I personally like tops. The other ones were obtained just for completion and the ability to craft what other players want. I lose that when Crown Store only motifs come out. A little piece of my crafter dies.

I don't mind subbing and paying for DLC and earning the motifs while playing said DLC, but not outright buying the motifs.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And if Zeni takes the obvious other route and binds anything in that style to the crafter's account, it's not very useful as an actual Motif.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • DerNachtfalter
    DerNachtfalter
    ✭✭✭

So i can buy the motif for real money and sell the armor pieces to other people for ingame gold? Easy money!

Haha and Zenimax critisized Black Desert Online for selling Costumes for real money and the buyers reselling them ingame for silver... yay
    Edited by DerNachtfalter on September 30, 2016 3:51PM
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see how it couldn't be crown exclusive since this is the second thread that was moved to the crown shop and eso+ sub forum.

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps there is some hope?

Looks like there are working item codes for the individual pages, as well as a non crown store full book... HERE
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • DerNachtfalter
    DerNachtfalter
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Perhaps there is some hope?

Looks like there are working item codes for the individual pages, as well as a non crown store full book... HERE

Hm maybe they selling it now for limited time and 6 months later it will drop ingame... that wouldnt be fair for the people, which paid 5000 crowns, I think.
    Edited by DerNachtfalter on September 30, 2016 4:13PM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry you can always wait for and grind the crappier styles in game....

PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • jeremiah911
    jeremiah911
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem if this is a Crown Store only item. Why? Because I will gladly pay for something that I like and I know I don't have to gamble for.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man. This is all sorts of not good. We can do another poll that will be ignored. Ugh.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem if this is a Crown Store only item. Why? Because I will gladly pay for something that I like and I know I don't have to gamble for.

... darnit. You have a point.
  • Marque
    Marque
    ✭✭
    This is very discouraging. It also seems like trading real money for in game gold since people who purchase this motif will be able to charge whatever they want to those getting it crafted. It also puts those who can't or won't purchase it at an actual disadvantage, in terms of making gold from crafting. I suppose we can expect the Stahlrim motif to be crown store exclusive as well... I would be elated if someone could prove that this isn't the case for either motif. :'(
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a good point. Pretty sad that it's come to this though.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, because buying something you used to be able to get "for free" really shows them! :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree that it's nice to have something available for a set price and not all gamble-tastic. Conversely, this just adds to the general sense of "meh" that surrounds crafting. It's not like I really use a bunch of motifs given how many sets are dropped only. Now we're going to start seeing crown only motifs pop up? Meh.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion