Leave incap alone. It's fine the way it is.

SilentBoomstick
SilentBoomstick
✭✭✭
Okay so in the dark brotherhood update to now I have seen a lot (and I do mean a lot) of crybabies that want to nerf incap. They most likely have never played the nightblade class before and probably fail to realize that the class has absolutely no defensive abilities but a ton of offensive abilities. They die very quickly if out in the open for too long. I seriously don't understand how they can nerf the playstyle of a class and then call that balance. I don't want incap to cost 100 ultimate or reduce anything that it does. Yeah it hits like a truck and reduces healing plus it also increases damage done to them but other than that there are no defensive abilities. Go watch Jules's streams. I kept telling her to be a ganker but she would not listen, then she kept dying on her nightblade, and then she wants them to nerf incap. It's quite pitiful and all I can say is L2P.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how defense matters at all when your opponent is dead in 3 seconds.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade has no defensive abilities? You couldn't be more wrong.

Nightblade defense is generated from being offensive and keeping pressure up on the opponent while using cloak/dodge to relieve and counter pressure the opponent tries to apply
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so in the dark brotherhood update to now I have seen a lot (and I do mean a lot) of crybabies that want to nerf incap. They most likely have never played the nightblade class before and probably fail to realize that the class has absolutely no defensive abilities but a ton of offensive abilities. They die very quickly if out in the open for too long. I seriously don't understand how they can nerf the playstyle of a class and then call that balance. I don't want incap to cost 100 ultimate or reduce anything that it does. Yeah it hits like a truck and reduces healing plus it also increases damage done to them but other than that there are no defensive abilities. Go watch Jules's streams. I kept telling her to be a ganker but she would not listen, then she kept dying on her nightblade, and then she wants them to nerf incap. It's quite pitiful and all I can say is L2P.

Dude please, some of us play magic and stamina Nightblades, don't insult our intelligence, okay? Just don't.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    This. ^

I think the threat of being cut in half by a burst that will be ready again in a matter of seconds is pretty good defense. Stamina nb has cloak vigor rally potion not to mention shade not to mention fear not to mention even mirage if one were so inclined.

Hard to take damage when your opponent is dodge rolling or heal/shield spamming.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how defense matters at all when your opponent is dead in 3 seconds.

That's my point. Nightblades character role is burst, and it is a hell of a burst but people want to nerf it.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing wrong with incap is that the stun lands before the attack lands or hit you through dodge roll fox that and it will be fine
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are missing the point. We are the squishiest class in this game despite the fact that we have vigor, rally and cloak. I like the nightblades and the original point of this thread is the fact that people want to nerf our offensive abilities. Offensive abilities is what keeps us alive and it is fun being able to kill someone in under 3 seconds. Do not misunderstand me. There is a form right now that is complaining about nerfing incap. I don't want it nerfed.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Nightblade defense is generated from being offensive and keeping pressure up on the opponent while using cloak/dodge to relieve and counter pressure the opponent tries to apply

I don't know if you realize what "defensive abilities" are. I am referring to things like shield stacking or the infinite cloak of a magicka nightblade, or the infinite heals of a templar. Those are defensive abilities. There is a fine line between killing someone quickly and protecting yourself from other players.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am of the mind that Incap should be left alone due to it being an ultimate that does not have a guarantee to hit anything, saying no defensive skills is just false.

Blur
    Consuming Darkness Ult
    Shadow Cloak

To name some that are overtly defensive in nature, not to mention some of the CC stuff. Impeding enemy movement is a defensive move.

Edit to add:

I don't know if you realize what "defensive abilities" are. I am referring to things like shield stacking or the infinite cloak of a magicka nightblade, or the infinite heals of a templar. Those are defensive abilities. There is a fine line between killing someone quickly and protecting yourself from other players.

Well if healing counts too, there are some NB skills that heal.
    In one of my builds my backbar is full of things that make him harder to kill, and a few main components of that are NB specific skills.
    Edited by Sigtric on September 29, 2016 8:44PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you enjoy being able to kill the massive majority of players without them being able to react to you and want that to stay, so you make up things about a class lacking defense.

Got it.

It may be fun on the killing side, but no one is having fun on the "learn to play against instadeath" side.

No amount of gitgud is defending against a cancerbuild NB.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have defense!

Cat-Rolls-In-A-Ball.gif
    PC/EU DC
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    So you enjoy being able to kill the massive majority of players without them being able to react to you and want that to stay, so you make up things about a class lacking defense.

Got it.

It may be fun on the killing side, but no one is having fun on the "learn to play against instadeath" side.

Does it even matter? Everyone is wearing heavy armor anyways in this update. Now I do not have a problem with that because I pulverize them with my sharpened maul and cp into piercing lol but you can't just nerf the main playstyle of a class. I understand completely how annoying it is being killed in 3 seconds because I receive hate mail all the time.

But what are you going to do about it? Lol
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    You have defense!

Cat-Rolls-In-A-Ball.gif

No. Just no. All of the good nightblades do not dodge roll at all because it messes up your stamina.

The best thing you can do for "defense" is to go complete VMA on Flawless Conqueror. Then you can walk around with a slightly weaker build and pulverize 15 players by yourself (Let_Me_Work)
  • CamBam370
    CamBam370
    ✭✭✭
    Lol you are so wrong
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    CamBam370 wrote: »
    Lol you are so wrong

How so?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't nerf my two button instant death proc set kills. It would make me sad to learn how to use three or... heaven forbid FOUR buttons just to gank someone.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Please don't nerf my two button instant death proc set kills. It would make me sad to learn how to use three or... heaven forbid FOUR buttons just to gank someone.

You are missing the point. Nerfs have done no good for this game. It is not okay to nerf something and then call it balance. For these crybabies that want it to be nerfed they shouldn't be asking for nerfs and instead they should be asking for buffs to various abilities. I very seriously doubt that nerfing this ability would stop me from ganking players but if I can't kill someone within 3 seconds and then disappear I have a 30 man zerg right in front of me.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

You are missing the point. Nerfs have done no good for this game. It is not okay to nerf something and then call it balance. For these crybabies that want it to be nerfed they shouldn't be asking for nerfs and instead they should be asking for buffs to various abilities. I very seriously doubt that nerfing this ability would stop me from ganking players but if I can't kill someone within 3 seconds and then disappear I have a 30 man zerg right in front of me.

You are missing the point. [One shot kills] have done no good for this game. It's not okay to [kill someone instantly before they can respond] and then call it balance. For these crybabies they want [to kill everyone with one button and no skill] and instead they should be asking for [balanced abilities that require more skill and allow another player to respond].... blah blah

See how that works?
    Edited by Minalan on September 29, 2016 9:42PM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting in my comment before reading the OP's thread: This is going to be a /sarcasm thread actually asking for an incap neft. Let's see if I'm right...

Edit: I was wrong. The OP was actually serious... >.>
    Edited by Pandorii on September 29, 2016 9:45PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol
    PC EU
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Putting in my comment before reading the OP's thread: This is going to be a /sarcasm thread actually asking for an incap neft. Let's see if I'm right...

This is my second forum on incap. The first one is saying that it needs to do 100k and have an aoe of 20 meter radius.

This is my second one. It doesn't need to be nerfed. I'll tell you how difficult it is solo playing with 30 man ep zergs nearby. If they nerf incap then they better add more small scale battles for pvp. I have 4 other characters (5 total) and I refuse to solo with them simply because I can't actually take on 30 players at a time.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭

This is my second forum on incap. The first one is saying that it needs to do 100k and have an aoe of 20 meter radius.

This is my second one. It doesn't need to be nerfed. I'll tell you how difficult it is solo playing with 30 man ep zergs nearby. If they nerf incap then they better add more small scale battles for pvp. I have 4 other characters (5 total) and I refuse to solo with them simply because I can't actually take on 30 players at a time.

The first forum is a troll forum for the crybabies and people somehow misunderstood the OP of the post. I don't know why but for some reason they thought I was asking for a nerf sarcastically.

Go ahead and destroy the class so I can stop playing this game.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The first forum is a troll forum for the crybabies and people somehow misunderstood the OP of the post. I don't know why but for some reason they thought I was asking for a nerf sarcastically.

You talking to yourself?
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on September 29, 2016 9:53PM
    PC/EU DC
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭

You talking to yourself?

I don't know how I can talk on a computer. Doesn't make much sense at all what you just said.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You talking to yourself?

I don't know how I can talk on a computer. Doesn't make much sense at all what you just said.

You quoted yourself. Just a joke. Don't be so literal.

You typing to yourself? Is that better?
    PC/EU DC
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... can i have your stuff?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak
    Fear
    A fear trap
    AoE Ultimate stun and damage
    AoE Ultimate with massive damage mitigation
    Major evasion in a class skill
    Major expidiion in a class skill
    A damage ability that is a heal over time
    A pet ability that gives minor maim and provides teleport
    Almost every skill in the toolkit slows or stuns
    A DOT that gives major expidition
    Christ I know I'm missing something to...

The only defensive ability a N/B does not posses is a shield.

Incap deserves a nerf a regardless of if you like it or not. The stub should be removed and the ultimate cost raised or reduce N/B ability to ulti regen with uncap slotted at 50 ultimate it should come standard with minor cowardice.

PS: As a side not calling others crybabies to go in your own tear stained tear is poor form even for a NB.
    Edited by acw37162 on September 29, 2016 11:17PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stun needs to go. it's better than Jesus beam in Xv1 situations it's so annoying. It also locks you in place sometimes and hits through dodge roll. What needs a nerf is DBoS though, but that's for a different discussion
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap will never get nerfed, everyone here needs to L2P, nerfs don't achieve balance, buffs do.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yodased wrote: »

Got it.

Incap can be dodged. Gitgud and the right build leads to surviving it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]