The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Leave incap alone. It's fine the way it is.

• Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so in the dark brotherhood update to now I have seen a lot (and I do mean a lot) of crybabies that want to nerf incap. They most likely have never played the nightblade class before and probably fail to realize that the class has absolutely no defensive abilities but a ton of offensive abilities. They die very quickly if out in the open for too long. I seriously don't understand how they can nerf the playstyle of a class and then call that balance. I don't want incap to cost 100 ultimate or reduce anything that it does. Yeah it hits like a truck and reduces healing plus it also increases damage done to them but other than that there are no defensive abilities. Go watch Jules's streams. I kept telling her to be a ganker but she would not listen, then she kept dying on her nightblade, and then she wants them to nerf incap. It's quite pitiful and all I can say is L2P.

I called you several names in the stream for your completely off base opinions, and would love to do so on the forums. However, in the interest of not getting forum banned, I'll just say that you're wrong, biased, and bad. Good day.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave Incap alone... yet you make a thread where whiners will whine about it. Good job op.

I dont have issues with Incap. Very easy to dodge and predict againsts most NB's. Just dodge or block after you get Ambushed (bonus points if you have an Immovable pot ready for the fear).

Im more scared of DBoS and a well combo'd Meteor.

PS4 NA DC
  • icontrive
    icontrive
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't nerf soul harvest. You will take away what little burst magblades have...
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to repeat myself but i felt like incap's stun was better the way it was before. For a low cost it was a way to turn the fight around, now it's something else (you can make it a part of a 30K+ combo that involves a stun. Cmon)
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave Incap alone... yet you make a thread where whiners will whine about it. Good job op.

I dont have issues with Incap. Very easy to dodge and predict againsts most NB's. Just dodge or block after you get Ambushed (bonus points if you have an Immovable pot ready for the fear).

Im more scared of DBoS and a well combo'd Meteor.

DBoS isn´t that OP tbh, a well timed meteor combo on the other hand XD
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I got from this is, you are a ganker who wants to insta kill people so you spec into all dmg and no recovery. When people tell you to dodge roll you say you can't because you don't want to mess up your stamina.

The problem here lies with your build not allowing for defense rather then the NB class not allowing for defense.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    What I got from this is, you are a ganker who wants to insta kill people so you spec into all dmg and no recovery. When people tell you to dodge roll you say you can't because you don't want to mess up your stamina.

The problem here lies with your build not allowing for defense rather then the NB class not allowing for defense.

NB class has defense but that is the lowest amount of defense amongst all classes.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap fine? AHHAAHAHAAHHHAAAHAAHAAHA
    :]
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP is the type of player that gives Wrobel ideas for some new proc gear.

Anyone that at this time still states absolute nonsense like "StamBlades have (nearly) no defensive skills" is someone who just doesn't really have a clue about all the defensive options available to them.

Time for some more balance passes, Wrobel.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on September 30, 2016 3:18PM
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    The stun needs to go. it's better than Jesus beam in Xv1 situations it's so annoying. It also locks you in place sometimes and hits through dodge roll. What needs a nerf is DBoS though, but that's for a different discussion

I don't care about the stun because I don't hit people with incap first. First is poison injection then ambush then incap = dead. Now as far as raising the cost to 100 ultimate I think that it is a *** idea considering that it's been this way since day 1.
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Cloak
    Fear
    A fear trap
    AoE Ultimate stun and damage
    AoE Ultimate with massive damage mitigation
    Major evasion in a class skill
    Major expidiion in a class skill
    A damage ability that is a heal over time
    A pet ability that gives minor maim and provides teleport
    Almost every skill in the toolkit slows or stuns
    A DOT that gives major expidition
    Christ I know I'm missing something to...

The only defensive ability a N/B does not posses is a shield.

Incap deserves a nerf a regardless of if you like it or not. The stub should be removed and the ultimate cost raised or reduce N/B ability to ulti regen with uncap slotted at 50 ultimate it should come standard with minor cowardice.

PS: As a side not calling others crybabies to go in your own tear stained tear is poor form even for a NB.

Now admittedly you are right because the nightblade class has several really good offensive abilities however that last part that you mentioned about not having a shield is pretty much the entire point of what I just said.

When I kill someone it is basically complete overkill but not really because there is a big difference between ganking a 531 and ganking a 300. Pretty much everyone across Cyrodiil is wearing heavy armor in this update which really doesn't bother me but they're heals are a lot stronger and all they have to do is break free they put buffs up.

Now for my second point there needs to be an end to all of this zerging. I would have no problem changing incap if they offer things like capture the flag for example. I can't stand being a solo player and trying to camp with 100 man zergs nearby. Because of that I need the burst in order to disappear faster. Imo it is pretty op and I know that something is wrong with it but I don't want them to touch it!
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Incap will never get nerfed, everyone here needs to L2P, nerfs don't achieve balance, buffs do.

Right on my dude.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    The stun needs to go. it's better than Jesus beam in Xv1 situations it's so annoying. It also locks you in place sometimes and hits through dodge roll. What needs a nerf is DBoS though, but that's for a different discussion

Jesus Beam is not powerful at all. I'll tell you why it's because it's a finisher of a class!!!
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭

No the problem here lies that people need to not complain about this ability and leave it alone.

Dodge rolling is bad btw because it eats up way too much stamina.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious, are you arguing against a theoretical price increase or a real one?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »

My responses are in bold.

Cloak nope not good, if you slot radiant mage light you reduce 50% of stealth attacks, empowers your attacks and reveals stealthed targets also revealing flare works and cloak works 15% of the time

Fear an offensive ability which needs to be used in conjunction with incap of people block it with all the perma block builds
    A fear trap LOL
    AoE Ultimate stun and damage offensive skill with great healing better suited for mNBs but they have shields and self heals
    AoE Ultimate with massive damage mitigation LOL no one uses it because no one stands in it plus it cost 200 ult
    Major evasion in a class skill good point here
    Major expidiion in a class skill irrelevant in elder snares online where everything snares you and they stack
    A damage ability that is a heal over time such as
    A pet ability that gives minor maim and provides teleport good point but mainly used for mNBs although they now have shields
    Almost every skill in the toolkit slows or stuns false
    A DOT that gives major expidition the dot dmg is great but speed boost is irrelevant
    Christ I know I'm missing something to...

The only defensive ability a N/B does not posses is a shield.

Incap deserves a nerf a regardless of if you like it or not. The stub should be removed and the ultimate cost raised or reduce N/B ability to ulti regen with uncap slotted at 50 ultimate it should come standard with minor cowardice. whoa that's a huge nerf sounds like a squishy mSorc that got caught without shields lol

PS: As a side not calling others crybabies to go in your own tear stained tear is poor form even for a NB.

Edited by Anti_Virus on September 30, 2016 7:11PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Incap will never get nerfed, everyone here needs to L2P, nerfs don't achieve balance, buffs do.

Sorry Bruh but i disagree with you.

Always buffing things does not fix balance. That is what resulted in the cryodill buff being changed and everything else going out of whack because of it.

Small percentage based tweaks are 100% necessary for balance, positive and negative.

If you have a cup of water that is too full and is splashing out the sides when you try to drink from it... why cant you just poor some out? Making more cups too full just makes a bigger mess. Consistently buffing things just results to mulitple problems. Then Zos has to step in and make all the cups bigger once again when it was only a couple cups too full in the beginning. Once Zos gets bigger cups, now some cups are too empty and the cycle begins again.

Incap is not overfull and making a mess by any means.. but it does need a sip or two before you can start walking. B)

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 1, 2016 4:50AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    You have defense!

Cat-Rolls-In-A-Ball.gif

No. Just no. All of the good nightblades do not dodge roll at all because it messes up your stamina.

The best thing you can do for "defense" is to go complete VMA on Flawless Conqueror. Then you can walk around with a slightly weaker build and pulverize 15 players by yourself (Let_Me_Work)

Did you really just say that stamina NB doesn't roll???? Do you even know what PvP is these days??
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No the problem here lies that people need to not complain about this ability and leave it alone.

So do Sorc shields.
    So does Sorc streak.
    So does DK wings.
    So does Templar healing.

This game is all about managing resources. Get used to it. Incap still needs a small nerf. Since you can still kill everyone without it in three seconds, it won't be a 'balance problem'.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap would be fine if:

Instant proc sets were removed
    CC breaking from fear actually worked
    If shields had longer length
    If heavy armor actually mitigated damage instead of being penetrated so easily

These things exist so incap needs a nerf. You can have instant proc sets that hit for 10k+ alone, unbreakable cc that goes through block, and a spammable 10k ultimate and call it balanced. Pick two.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what got us into this stupid unbalanced mess in the first place.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on October 1, 2016 12:29AM
  • Magicka_DK
    Magicka_DK
    ✭✭✭
    ITT: OP is a Forumblade defending his OP skill saying this how it always been. Nope it didn't deal physical dmg increasig it by over 30%. Not all NBs are gankers who have no defense you need to L2P and dodgeroll is cheap if you spec right. You wouldn't now what adapting is though. Too stuck into your gank build
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Putting in my comment before reading the OP's thread: This is going to be a /sarcasm thread actually asking for an incap neft. Let's see if I'm right...

Edit: I was wrong. The OP was actually serious... >.>

This is my second forum on incap. The first one is saying that it needs to do 100k and have an aoe of 20 meter radius.

This is my second one. It doesn't need to be nerfed. I'll tell you how difficult it is solo playing with 30 man ep zergs nearby. If they nerf incap then they better add more small scale battles for pvp. I have 4 other characters (5 total) and I refuse to solo with them simply because I can't actually take on 30 players at a time.

The first forum is a troll forum for the crybabies and people somehow misunderstood the OP of the post. I don't know why but for some reason they thought I was asking for a nerf sarcastically.

Go ahead and destroy the class so I can stop playing this game.

You talking to yourself?

I don't know how I can talk on a computer. Doesn't make much sense at all what you just said.

You quoted yourself. Just a joke. Don't be so literal.

You typing to yourself? Is that better?

Cmon its clear he has challenged himself to a 'stupid' contest.
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    People should learn how to play obviously. I feel like Incapacitating Strike is lackluster compare to other ultimate, the cost is too high and the stun and the heal/increase damage debuff is too short. It should add minor boon like after use, it gives 15 of your next roll dodge use cost no stamina so that you can safely run away from a fail 3 seconds burst attack.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap is roll dodgeable, blockable and shuffleable. If the cost is to be increased then it shouldn't be effected by roll dodge or shuffle.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How long have u been playing this game? BC u seriously dont know what u r ralking about.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Nihilos wrote: »
    Okay so in the dark brotherhood update to now I have seen a lot (and I do mean a lot) of crybabies that want to nerf incap. They most likely have never played the nightblade class before and probably fail to realize that the class has absolutely no defensive abilities but a ton of offensive abilities. They die very quickly if out in the open for too long. I seriously don't understand how they can nerf the playstyle of a class and then call that balance. I don't want incap to cost 100 ultimate or reduce anything that it does. Yeah it hits like a truck and reduces healing plus it also increases damage done to them but other than that there are no defensive abilities. Go watch Jules's streams. I kept telling her to be a ganker but she would not listen, then she kept dying on her nightblade, and then she wants them to nerf incap. It's quite pitiful and all I can say is L2P.

I called you several names in the stream for your completely off base opinions, and would love to do so on the forums. However, in the interest of not getting forum banned, I'll just say that you're wrong, biased, and bad. Good day.

I have never even heard of you so I don't know who

Sorry Bruh but i disagree with you.

Always buffing things does not fix balance. That is what resulted in the cryodill buff being changed and everything else going out of whack because of it.

Small percentage based tweaks are 100% necessary for balance, positive and negative.

If you have a cup of water that is too full and is splashing out the sides when you try to drink from it... why cant you just poor some out? Making more cups too full just makes a bigger mess. Consistently buffing things just results to mulitple problems. Then Zos has to step in and make all the cups bigger once again when it was only a couple cups too full in the beginning. Once Zos gets bigger cups, now some cups are too empty and the cycle begins again.

Incap is not overfull and making a mess by any means.. but it does need a sip or two before you can start walking. B)

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Magicka_DK wrote: »
    ITT: OP is a Forumblade defending his OP skill saying this how it always been. Nope it didn't deal physical dmg increasig it by over 30%. Not all NBs are gankers who have no defense you need to L2P and dodgeroll is cheap if you spec right. You wouldn't now what adapting is though. Too stuck into your gank build

No dodge roll is not cheap by any means. Dodge roll like 5 times and after that it costs more than your entire stamina pool.

I am sick and tired of people telling me that I have to dodge roll when all it does is eat stamina. No instead you play differently thanks to the IC update and just circle around enemies.
    Darnathian wrote: »

How long have u been playing this game? BC u seriously dont know what u r ralking about.

Long enough to know that you probably wear well fitted on your armor.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Incap would be fine if:

Instant proc sets were removed
    CC breaking from fear actually worked
    If shields had longer length
    If heavy armor actually mitigated damage instead of being penetrated so easily

These things exist so incap needs a nerf. You can have instant proc sets that hit for 10k+ alone, unbreakable cc that goes through block, and a spammable 10k ultimate and call it balanced. Pick two.

Heavy armor cannot be penetrated as easily as you think it can. The average heavy armor user has about 20k resistance and despite all of this penetration that nightblades have (if they are wearing the blackrose setup) it doesn't even matter. You complain about nightblades and their incap? Well how about I tell you about the fact that there are literally people all over Cyrodiil that are wearing heavy armor in 50 man zergs?

At this point does this skill even matter if it is the way it is?
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Thoroughly read thread. Decided NB still op.

Nerf plz.

Silent boomstick, im afraid many people do not like gankers as much as you do.
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Swainburg wrote: »
    Thoroughly read thread. Decided NB still op.

Nerf plz.

Silent boomstick, im afraid many people do not like gankers as much as you do.

Well you can't make everyone happy I suppose.
  • Barlthump
    Barlthump
    ✭✭✭
    To all those saying I'm dying in 3 hits. Take a quick good look at your build. Are you running around with 20k hp and 10k resistances with no impen? Then yes you deserve to die. I've been playing nightblade for the longest time and the only people that die in a matter of seconds are healers and people who spec similar to me. Honestly never bursted down a proper pvp player.

And secondly, stam NBs don't have a proper escape skill no matter what yall say. Cloak is broken as of now and shuffle is a skill available to everyone. Yes there comes the topic where magicka classes don't have stamina, but casting it before battle and then going in is a very viable technique. And if we talk about spamming dodgerolls and healing, any stam class can do it and targeting only nightblades seem to be a bit lackluster. Yes I agree that vigor right now is too OP. A good suggestion will be thoroughly vigor to tick for less but last longer so that it will still net the same amount of health with much lesser burst.