Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy armor completly useless in PvP.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While i thought that heavy armor finally good in 1.6, after months of playing in heavy armor i changed my mind: go nirn light armor, enchant 2 of your jewelry with reduce block cost = same tankability, with huge damage boost and mana managment.
    In the end ZOS took away reduce break cost from heavy armor passive and didn't give any buff to negate this nerf. Still i refusing to play light armor only coz it current meta.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »
    What class is this Rock guy Templar or DK? What race? Magic or Stamina? I am looking to start a PVP tank when console launches. Thanks.

The Rock is a professional wrestler who uses mitigation hacks in pvp and is not to be emulated

He posted a selfie where he's body slamming into an unflagged outpost for a textbook hack attack and I was like grrr The Rock I hate you

Anyway I wear 3 heavy 3 light 1 medium and I will fight anyone except him
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldnt agree more, Heavy armor needs a revamp.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should if left the resource return as scaling with health.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the defenses should be rebalanced to take away mitigation from blocking and give it to armor instead.

My full-reinforced-heavy DK can get hit by a single wrecking blow for 12000 damage if i don't block it. And if i do block it, the damage i take is only slightly lower than blocking it without heavy armor. So why heavy armor if i have to block 24/7 anyway?

Take away half the mitigation that blocking gives and put it on heavy armor as a passive instead.
    Edited by Sharee on June 8, 2015 6:04AM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I think the defenses should be rebalanced to take away mitigation from blocking and give it to armor instead.

My full-reinforced-heavy DK can get hit by a single wrecking blow for 12000 damage if i don't block it. And if i do block it, the damage i take is only slightly lower than blocking it without heavy armor. So why heavy armor if i have to block 24/7 anyway?

Take away half the mitigation that blocking gives and put it on heavy armor as a passive instead.

well probably to not make heavy armor to strong by providing to much passive mitigation.

i actually would prefer some kind of "instanced" blocking mitigation.
    blocking with any non shield weapon 25%
    blocking with shield 40% mitigation
    blocking in heavy without shield 25%
    blocking in heavy with shield 66%
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

well probably to not make heavy armor to strong by providing to much passive mitigation.

That would work too, but i would still like to see more passive defense for heavy. If 7/7 heavy pays the price of both decreased damage and worse resource management, at the very least it should not get 2-shotted when not blocking.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would work too, but i would still like to see more passive defense for heavy. If 7/7 heavy pays the price of both decreased damage and worse resource management, at the very least it should not get 2-shotted when not blocking.

you will then have to significantly lower the dmg a heavy wearer can deal to a value where a heavy wearer deals less dmg to a light wearing player than otherway round and eventualy add a significant resource cost value to offensive abilitys while wearing heavy to keep it at least somewhat balanced. otherwise everybody would be running around in heavy as it provides more mitigation while dealing as much dmg... as resources with the current reg values are a non issue anyway.

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you will then have to significantly lower the dmg a heavy wearer can deal to a value where a heavy wearer deals less dmg to a light wearing player than otherway round and eventualy add a significant resource cost value to offensive abilitys while wearing heavy to keep it at least somewhat balanced. otherwise everybody would be running around in heavy as it provides more mitigation while dealing as much dmg... as resources with the current reg values are a non issue anyway.

It does not deal as much dmg tho. You lose 12% passive from medium armor, and spell penetration from light armor. Not to mention the cost reductions and regen boosts.

And current regen values are only non issue (in heavy armor) if you go with drink instead of food, which further reduces your damage output.
    Edited by Sharee on June 8, 2015 11:38AM
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    EnOeZ wrote: »
    Heavy still as useless as usual in PVP.
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    I'm a bit baffled. I told my friend HA is in 1.5 not really good in PVP, "you wont be a good tank running that ugly *** HA set of yours". Well, seems he got the last laugh, hes a total scrub in PVP but just as he wished, he's not dying until there are at least a few people hammering him for a minute or two. We are calling him "the rock", slow as *** and can't kill *** but at least he ain't going down. Will be interesting to see if it will be viable in 1.6.

EDIT: Today while PVPing we got jumped by some gankers and me and a friend quickly went down, so the only guy standing was the rock, I went afk to get a drink. Came back 3 or 4 minutes later to see them still hammering on him. In the end they just left and he ressed us.

Except if you agree to kill no one, like the "rock", then you can play the 24/7 block game where you can bore even your adversaries after having bored yourself ! yeaaaah.

Victory by boredom !! GG Heavy Armor !

for god's sake, this thread started in MAY 2014 - FOURTEEN. Then got necro'd in sept/october, and again in February....

STOP DOING THIS.

Sorry Man, we did not know forums had to follow your own personal rules.
    Perhaps you should ask ZOS to modify the conditions of utilisation of the forum and ask them for the right, as Davadin to close subjects...

However we think that if thread is old, the subject is still vivid.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor definitely has appalling defensive passives, none of them except Bracing contributes anything substantial at all to remaining alive, while the other armor types make a world of difference.

There really isn't any difference between having the heavy armor passives, or not having them, most of them do nothing at all. I mean getting back ~0.1% of your stamina and magicka every 8 seconds? Who came up with those numbers? How is that useful?
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Heavy armor definitely has appalling defensive passives, none of them except Bracing contributes anything substantial at all to remaining alive, while the other armor types make a world of difference.

There really isn't any difference between having the heavy armor passives, or not having them, most of them do nothing at all. I mean getting back ~0.1% of your stamina and magicka every 8 seconds? Who came up with those numbers? How is that useful?

The idea itself wasn't bad-- ZOS at least realized that the real problem with heavy armor was resource regeneration. But the numbers are pitiful, and the 8 second cooldown is just hilarious.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, Medium Armor should of had Stamina Cost Reduction, Light armor should of had Magicka Cost Reduction and Heavy Armor should of had the Magicka/Stamina Recovery Passives, as Heavy armor is built around Sustain

This would mean Medium Armor is Stamina Burst DPS set
    Light would be Magicka Burst DPS set

and Heavy Would be the Sustain Setup

• Lolimsopro
    Is heavy armor still useless?
    PSN: Lol-Im-So-Pro
    PS4 EU | Aldmeri Dominion
    Fire mage | Dark Elf | Veteran
    Master Crafter
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. You can penetrate all armor with sharpened plus one of the following options: dual wield mace, 2h maul,or champ armor pierce
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    heavy armor is awesome. I don't know what you guys are talking about.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Yes. You can penetrate all armor with sharpened plus one of the following options: dual wield mace, 2h maul,or champ armor pierce

The mace bug thing is true. But by not wearing heavy(unless your a sorc or nightblade with escape options), you are effectively increasing the amount of damage you take from an increased amount of players, because not everybody uses maces. Heavy armor is still the way to go for being a tanky DK or Templar and with the right setup you can still have high DPS and regen.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    I recently switched from light to heavy and I feel invincible.

My only downfall is magika regen, which I can fix easily by enchanting my stuffs and getting dank foods.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread, WHY WON'T IT DIE?

why-won-t-you-die-o.gif
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it need to die? Obviously people still have things they want to share and discuss.

ProTip: "because I want it to" is not a valid answer.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem aint to week armor but penetration beeing to strong if not "bugged".
    Edited by Tankqull on July 23, 2015 9:51AM

• Chris_Maliwaukiub17_ESO
    so basically, their penetration game too strong?
  • Kozer
    Kozer
    ✭✭✭
    I use magic in pvp. I wear heavy armor. Why? Because I like the look of the stuff. God damn it. Why should I be forced into a certain armor choice because its been done in past mmos?
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor magicka is great +1

Twice-born Star will make you tough as nails and give you the extra mundus to help compensate for the lost passives. You can't DPS if you're dead ;)
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭
    This thread needs a necro to remind people of the good ESO has done.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NECROMANCER CLASS RELEASED?!
    Edited by strikeback1247 on September 20, 2016 6:18AM
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahaha...i read this whoole thing just to read the "necro" comments
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look how far we've come

rip decibel
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You got me, I started reading and was thinking, "what the hec are these people talking about", then I skipped to last page...
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I think you are the only one saying that Heavy Armor is useless right now...
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed