The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No, No... No.

• xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] they put whatever they want in the store. When they want to. :/

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 5:06PM
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    These are from Dataminsed Crown Store information.

Potable Banker Premium:

gp_crwn_utility_portablebankerpremium_1x1.jpg

My question is; What's a POTABLE Banker...? Do you cook it, or do you smoke it? :p

No, it means it is safe to drink (i.e., no bacterial or chemical contaminants).

So pour yourself a tall glass of banker!
    Edited by Blackbird71 on September 8, 2016 11:09PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Qyrk wrote: »
    They're only premium since their clothes on these new ones looks expensive... :p

This is correct. The "premium" component is purely cosmetic - they do also have unique VO, but functionality-wise they are the same as the current portable banker and merchant.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're only premium since their clothes on these new ones looks expensive... :p

This is correct. The "premium" component is purely cosmetic - they do also have unique VO, but functionality-wise they are the same as the current portable banker and merchant.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom may want to elaborate on what is meant by "unique VO" to try and save another headache with people trying to interpret something nefarious into that.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @SwaminoNowlino

I do believe she means 'Unique Voice Actor' and that's what 'VO' stands for. But could be something else.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohh I hope they have some dialogue and are more interesting!

I'm all for this kind of assistant.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But will they cost the same?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SwaminoNowlino

I do believe she means 'Unique Voice Actor' and that's what 'VO' stands for. But could be something else.

I think you're right, but I've seen ZOS use abbreviations or lingo in the past and forum-goers will interpret something nefarious and then run with it in 5 different rage threads. Just wanted to potentially get ahead of the rage because anything crown store or anything with premium in the name automatically rages some folks.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately ZOS has kind of dug themselves into a hole with the way the priced the first merchant and banker, so now they're in a spot where to an extent they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't.

If they had given the "premium" ones additional functionality over the original ones then a lot of people would be pissed off that they had wasted so many crowns on the originals (and rightly so). If the originals hadn't had such a high price tag, they could have added additional functionality to the "premium" ones at an increased price and it wouldn't have been as much of a big deal (yes, some people would still be upset, but to a lesser degree).

So because adding extra functionality wasn't really a viable option we're going to have "premium" ones that are functionally exactly the same as the "non-premium". In and of itself, that's perfectly fine. We've got lots of different things in the game that are functionally the same but cosmetically different, and that's perfectly OK.

Where this is going to be an issue with the "premium" banker and merchant is that inevitably there are going to be people who buy them thinking that they do something more than what the original ones do because of the "premium" title that they get. Whether it's justifiable for those people to have that expectation depends a lot on the specific wording on these assistants in the crown store when they go live, but justifiable or not there are going to be people who buy them and feel cheated.

And here's where the high price tag of the originals comes into play again. If the assistants didn't cost that much there would still be people who would go out and buy the "premium" ones and feel cheated, but it wouldn't be as big a deal to them as it will when they've spent 5000 crowns on each of them. They might post about it for a bit and complain, but it probably wouldn't be enough to really *** them off that much. At the prices they're at, though, you're going to have some people who paid 10K crowns to get the originals, and then another 10K crowns to get the "premiums", and they're going to feel like ZOS cheated them out of almost $200.

I think that ZOS is pretty good at pricing their purely cosmetic stuff: they've got a range of different items that may or may not appeal to everyone, and that are priced cheaply, moderately, and expensively. That's the right approach, because it targets different target markets. On the other hand, I think they've screwed up badly with their pricing of some of the "functional" stuff in the crown store, particularly the assistants.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom may want to elaborate on what is meant by "unique VO" to try and save another headache with people trying to interpret something nefarious into that.

"VO" = VoiceOver
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Unfortunately ZOS has kind of dug themselves into a hole with the way the priced the first merchant and banker, so now they're in a spot where to an extent they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't.

No they didn't. I believe the premium prices is only a skin/costume and can only be bought/used if you have the banker purchase to begin with. That way they can charge extra without stepping on their own feet.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xellink wrote: »

No they didn't. I believe the premium prices is only a skin/costume and can only be bought/used if you have the banker purchase to begin with. That way they can charge extra without stepping on their own feet.
    I haven't seen anything to indicate that, and it would be completely contrary to the way they've done mounts and pets. Having said that, if that is the way these are implemented, and it's essentially just a new costume/personality for an existing assistant that you have to own in order to purchase this option... That's actually not a bad idea.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand the merc banker has the capability of fighting if required .

Okay... am definitely wanting this for my "pet build" altmer sorceress Hisa Ni Caemaire

Roo the Twilight matriarch who flits down side hallways and starts fights (and I have group mates who will attest to this)
    Ta the mellow clanfear who is violent when it's called for, and really likes Fenris, the pet Fox
    Dave the summoned Daedroth who keeps dying, but also keeps coming back
    I haven't actually named the Storm Atronach yet... still working on that.

A merc banker would totally fit right in!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AegisWolf
    AegisWolf
    ✭✭
    Probably be able to sell stuff to the merchant. Dunno 'bout the banker. Might these be the intersection of owning the banker/merchant and being a subscriber?

Also, where's my white wolf puppy pet? (Same datamine)
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are from Dataminsed Crown Store information.

Potable Banker Premium:

gp_crwn_utility_portablebankerpremium_1x1.jpg

Portable Merchant Premium:

gp_crwn_utility_portablemerchpremium_1x1.jpg

I'm guessing these are gonna be like the Other portable Bankers and Merchant, except will actually have some of the useful functions such as Guild Bank, Repair armour, Guild store etc. I didn't buy either of the previous assistants but way to punch your own customers in the freaking (Dang swear filter) face for who ever bought the other ones.

How much are these gonna cost then? 10,000 Crowns?

No, No... No

Anyone who buys this should be ashamed.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That new merchant looks rather hot. I just might go on and give in [snip] and buy her. I wouldn't mind having a beautiful looking merchant following me around.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 5:07PM
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got all three companions and will probably get these aswell as I collect everything. And the female one looks nice aswel
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to dress these new assistants in costumes that we have unlocked, and dye their costumes. That would be a nice distinction between the basic version and the premium.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly.... Serves people right for paying for that much in the first place. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 5:08PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Call me old fashioned, but I'd say 5000cr was "premium"

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't need those
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything to get another 10,000 crowns out of people.

Nice one.

Git Datamined
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    TERAB1T wrote: »
    Some clarification about premium assistants:

Cassus Andronicus the Mercenary (Portable Banker Premium)
    This severe mercenary is duty bound to guard your possessions with his life. Unless you're within the borders of Cyrodiil—his contract explicitly excludes travel there. When summoned, his banking services are available to you and your groupmates.

Allaria Erwen the Exporter (Portable Merchant Premium)
    This free-spirited merchant is happy to join your adventures and take excess loot off your hands; however, Cyrodiil is far too bloody for her liking. When summoned, she will purchase any non-stolen goods you or your groupmates offer her.

Sounds about the same as the other merchants. I wonder what's the difference.

Other people in your group can use them. If I remember correctly the existing ones can only be used by the person who owns them.

Nope whole group can use em
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    What I'm tripping on, is what am I supposed to do with my current banker? [snip] IS THIS!?

Good question. I guess we just threw 5k crowns away...

If you have both, it'll be 10k crowns.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 5:04PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why cant i just buy an appearance & name change token for Tythis Andromo the guy is so old & ugly!
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . On the other hand, I think they've screwed up badly with their pricing of some of the "functional" stuff in the crown store, particularly the assistants.

The assistants are way overpriced, especially for what they do. If there's ever a sale on them, I might consider buying them. Maybe. For my house though, I want fully functional merchants that repair armour, and fully functional bankers that let me access the guild bank and guild stores.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    OMG!?!?

I just had the greatest vision!

What if they also decide to release a 'Premium Breton Hero Costume.' One that looks like this because the last one was a pile of poo poo.

breton_knight___full_body_production_render_by_baldasseroni-d6p0suy.jpg

Yes. I am still on about that. No, I am not letting it go.
    His shoulders look cropped and unnatural : /
  • Ryo_TheTiger
    Don't want it, don't buy it. it's just an Option what is not needed to play the game.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This thread has once again risen from the grave, so we are placing it back into it's eternal slumber. You may start a new thread if you still want to discuss the topic at hand.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.