Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Are the users of the storm knight set going to be punished like the Salvation set users?

antihero727
antihero727
✭✭✭✭✭
Its the same thing, a broken set that people used in PvP for an advantage. If you can't keep your punishment consistent then your process for punishment is flawed. Please fellow forum warriors don't let ZOS get away with yet another bad call. If no punishment for this is given for storm knight then you should give the salvation set wearers back their accounts. It will have been a 30 day ban at this point.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by antihero727 on September 6, 2016 3:09PM
Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
Antiherro-AD Stam DK
Antihero-AD Magplar
Aww Crit-AD Magblade
AD Since PC beta
On A lag free vacation
for the near and far future
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax should really take a look at the users on this one. If these are the exact same people that are switching from broken set to broken set, or abused the gap closer skills then it clearly shows they are looking for things to exploit and ban accordingly.

Those people that continue to find exploit after exploit really deserve permanent bans. They are only looking for the next short cut to gain them quicker AP returns. They will continue to find and exploit anything they can to get an unfair advantage. We really don't need that toxic behavior in the game. Let them go back to Call of Duty with their wall hacks and aimbots.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why they would be, a set that procs 100% of the time instead of 10% is no where near the same as getting 20k weapon damage and soloing trials 50x.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    I don't see why they would be, a set that procs 100% of the time instead of 10% is no where near the same as getting 20k weapon damage and soloing trials 50x.

@Thornen That's why they need to be looked at. If it's the exact same people that have been banned before for using exploits then this shows consistent toxic behavior with no regards for the rules. If they aren't the same people, then no action would need to be take against them.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same thing, an exploited set and they need to be punished in the same way. First offense banhammer or give consideration to the other exploited set users. ZOS make up your mind on the subject.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are the people using Malubeth getting banned?
    Are the people exploiting gap closers getting banned?
    Are the people using DW maces back when it gave 100% penetration getting banned?
    Are the people using dual mundus without TBS getting banned?
    Are the people using 2H axes back when it had 100% proc chance getting banned?
    Are the people using Reverb bash back when you could make an unbreakable CC getting banned?
    Are the people repairing a wall under attack but not below 95% HP getting banned?
    Are the people downscaling MoL to farm motifs getting banned?
    Are the people using Cruel Flurry double dip getting banned?
    Are the people downscaling vDSA to get on leaderboard getting banned?
    Are the people playing the game getting banned?
    Are the people farming their friends for AP getting banned?
    Are the people using Storm Knight getting banned?
    Are the people using portal kills in vDSA getting banned?
    Are the people using Leeching getting banned?
    Are the people using macroslice getting banned?
    Are the people using dolmen glitch getting banned?
    Are the people using Salvation getting banned?
    Are the people manipulating sieges and spying for the opposite faction getting banned?
    Are the people going out of world getting banned?
    Are the people using Shuffle getting banned?
    Are the people using lightning staff heavy attacks for AoEs getting banned?

And more importantly...

Is there anybody left to play the game after banning all these people?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait they ban people just for running certain sets on PC? "Like hey this looks cool let me try it out." =Wabamm? You guys might have a broken system... Like if this becomes the case for storm knight I might've set an excited lighting enthusiast to there death over in Combat Mechanics.
    + Can someone post what that set even looks like on death recap because no-one runs that on Xbox.
    + What was the glitch with hide? & What happend to all those poor warewolfs looking for a cool set?

Posted by Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Edited by Pinja on September 6, 2016 5:13PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Are the people using DW maces back when it gave 100% penetration getting banned?
    Are the people using Reverb bash back when you could make an unbreakable CC getting banned?
    Are the people repairing a wall under attack but not below 95% HP getting banned?
    Are the people manipulating sieges and spying for the opposite faction getting banned?

And more importantly...

Acording to ZOS TOS all of these are not intended and can be punished up to a permaban even for first offense. I had 7 people I knew permabanned on first offense for salvation without running a trial. It's not the same across the board and that is a big issue. Just depends on who they want to make examples of at the time.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How do you prove malicious intent as opposed to someone whoo just doesn't pay attention to the numbers or buffs/debuffs?
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And more importantly...

Acording to ZOS TOS all of these are not intended and can be punished up to a permaban even for first offense. I had 7 people I knew permabanned on first offense for salvation without running a trial. It's not the same across the board and that is a big issue. Just depends on who they want to make examples of at the time.
    Asmael wrote:

Ok I'm just messing with you on this one :p

And since I was about to ask, but was too slow...
    How do you prove malicious intent as opposed to someone whoo just doesn't pay attention to the numbers or buffs/debuffs?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax no-one is getting perma banned. Just this week, a well known player who was caught using Cheat Engine was allowed back in game, he was banned for 2 weeks and i hope we can all agree someone using 3rd party software to exploit the game, trumps all the examples above.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want to know where all those people go from time to time then check out the PTS every time there is new content...they are there looking for the next exploit to use when it goes live :)
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@desciviib14_ESO it's about consistency. If the same players name comes up on these that was using Salvation, it shows they are looking for expoits.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

@desciviib14_ESO it's about consistency. If the same players name comes up on these that was using Salvation, it shows they are looking for expoits.

Ok, then it's probably relatively few that are actually receiving penalties for continued infringements. Thanks for clarification
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭

The burden of proof should rest on the accuser or those prosecuting the offense. Intent is the difference between negligence and fraud.
    Edited by KaleidoscopeEyz on September 6, 2016 6:22PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When the same person continually uses the latest broken set/skill, then that shows a pattern of malicious intent.

• Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't the people using salvation have to do something to get the set to bug? That to me shows intent right away. Someone using a set that has a bugged proc chance and could honestly not know about the bug is harder to prove. If the set is broken Zenimax should just disable the set till fixed.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Asmael

While some items on your list are valid points, much on the list is pointless filler as they are things working as designed and intended, not taking advantage of a broken set.

Are people playing the game getting banned is the most absurd. Next is the Lightning staff heavy attack AoE, as designed and intended getting banned.
  • Anslay
    Anslay
    ✭✭✭

And more importantly...

They banned some great members of the community that were always mentoring and helping for the salvation set. They never got a warning and now they're gone, several with no intent in coming back. I don't believe that in their heart of hearts that they want to ban this caliber and type of player as they are the foundation of a successful MMO.

No warning, no suspension, PERMANENT BAN for wearing a set that is in the game.

It is completely beyond me how you can justify this treatment of a player on a first offense for USING A SET THAT IS IN THE GAME. If it's that game-breaking, then do what the rest of the development teams in the world do and stay late to correct the problem and hotfix it.
    GM Ethereal Traders Union | Ethereal Traders Union II
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was my understanding that the salvation permabans were for people abusing the set to excess, making dozens of VMA and VDSA runs in a single day.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anslay wrote: »

They banned some great members of the community that were always mentoring and helping for the salvation set. They never got a warning and now they're gone, several with no intent in coming back. I don't believe that in their heart of hearts that they want to ban this caliber and type of player as they are the foundation of a successful MMO.

No warning, no suspension, PERMANENT BAN for wearing a set that is in the game.

It is completely beyond me how you can justify this treatment of a player on a first offense for USING A SET THAT IS IN THE GAME. If it's that game-breaking, then do what the rest of the development teams in the world do and stay late to correct the problem and hotfix it.

Hear, hear.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    Discussion of Disciplinary Actions along with Conspiracy theories, are explicitly not allowed on our forums.

We understand that some may wish to discuss various cheats or exploits in game, and should do so on our dedicated channel for such.

However, all should remember to post on topic and constructive comments in line with our Community Guidelines.

This thread has been closed.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.