Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for Misc. System Updates in One Tamriel

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for other miscellaneous system updates in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did harvest nodes successfully scale as you would expect?
  • Did you find any treasure maps? Did they correctly direct you to treasure?
  • Did you get Survey Reports that sent you to locations all over Tamriel and give appropriate materials?
  • Did you feel the gold you received from monsters, chests, etc. was appropriate for your level?
  • Soul Gems are now all grand, and should work at all levels. Did you run into any non-Grand Soul Gems or have issues using them?
    • Note that any Soul Gems in your inventory will not be scaled.
  • Did you run into any vendors selling inappropriately leveled items? (They should be within 5 levels of your character)
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I put this in the wrong topic:

Well, I was hoping the dev team would spread out resources across Tamriel, much the same way that Sets are spread out across Tamriel. Instead of making all resources nodes in Tamriel the same. :neutral: At removes a dimension from the world and a reason to go places.

I spent a lot of time in Craglorn as a lower level Veteran Rank character because I wanted to collect the materials there. I was not the proper character level, and was not the proper crafting level, for this stuff, but it was fun to go there and explore the zone collecting stuff I could not find elsewhere. This applies to a lot of zones, including Coldharbour.

I also took advantage of known resource locations when leveling crafting so that I could collect materials for my next crafting level before I spent the skill point. This allowed me to transition easier and begin using the materials immediately.

I am very sorry to see this go. It was one of the better things about ESO and how crafting was done, even if they were placed in progressive zones by increasing skill level. It gave me another reason to go to those zones and something different to do while I was there.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Zweible
    Zweible
    ✭✭✭
    I do not like the way that the nodes scale.

I have 1 character on my account. He is a crafting/farming machine. I really enjoy crafting for my guildmates and other people. I farm all the materials I need. With this update, all I will get is high end materials, forcing me to either respec my character down to farm mats I need or roll out 6 different characters with different levels/crafting abilities to be able to be self sufficient in my crafting. Neither option is workable. I used to be able to go to the different zones and harvest what I needed, but not now. There needs to be some kind of system put in place to temporarily downgrade either battle level or crafting level (or both) so that we can choose what type of resources will be available for harvest.

Z
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    Zweible wrote: »
    I do not like the way that the nodes scale.

I have 1 character on my account. He is a crafting/farming machine. I really enjoy crafting for my guildmates and other people. I farm all the materials I need. With this update, all I will get is high end materials, forcing me to either respec my character down to farm mats I need or roll out 6 different characters with different levels/crafting abilities to be able to be self sufficient in my crafting. Neither option is workable. I used to be able to go to the different zones and harvest what I needed, but not now. There needs to be some kind of system put in place to temporarily downgrade either battle level or crafting level (or both) so that we can choose what type of resources will be available for harvest.

Z

YES! This! I have been worried about that since this was revealed a while back but no one seemed to care then. Why do nodes have to scale Most people either have a crafter to make their own armor or use a crafter to make armor for them. Scaling nodes makes crafters obsolete.
    Crafting & Harvesting
    • Survey Reports received from Crafting Writs may now send you to any zone throughout the world.  
    • You may now pick up Crafting Writs from Writ Boards outside your home alliance.
      • Note: Deliveries sites are still determined by your original alliance.
    • When opening a Clothing, Woodworking, or Blacksmithing Writ reward box, you now have a chance to obtain a shipment of 25 refined materials from a previous tier of materials.
      • These shipments appear whenever you do not obtain a Survey Report.
    • You no longer need to be Champion 10 or above to obtain Crafting Writs for Craglorn and Orsinium.
      • Note: You still must have access to Orsinium in order to receive an Orsinium crafting writ.  
      [*]All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank.

This means that all resource nodes in all areas will be just like the ones in the DLC areas and Cyrodiil I assume. Well I do not have the Orsinium DLC so right now my crafting writs are turned in in Craglorn and use CP140 materials (Voidstone, Shadowhide, Void Cloth and Nightwood) even though I am above CP160 and maxed out in all crafting passives. When this update hits I will only be able to find CP160 materials (Rubedite, Ancestor Silk, Rubedo Hide and Ruby Ash). My question is will I not be able to do my crafting writs because the Craglorn ones will require a lower level of material than I can harvest? Or will the writs themselves scale to my level/passives (please let it be this!)?
    • STEVIL
      STEVIL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I love the way all nodes scale.

now every character will always every time 100% get mats that either they can use or which they can have used for them - regardless of where they are and what they are doing.

this means any area is as good as any other for every character as far as "should i stop for nodes" making each area useful, making each character better able to farm their own mats regardless of what they are doing.

A SUGGESTION i would make is: To help cover the rare cases where mid-level stuff is needed for characters that are not your own who somehow could not harvest mats on their own, add something like what you did for RUNE POTENCIES and add some flexibility in the very narrow span of levels which materials are useful for.

TWO options are Obvious and either or both would allow a lot of flexibility and help cover the niche cases a few folks are fretting about...:

1 Remove or extend the UPPER limit - allowing a material to be used in greater and greater numbers to continue to raise the level of gear made. Instead of jute maxing out at lvl 14, let it max out at 24 (covering the entire next bracket) with even higher costs needed.

2 Remove or extend the LOWER limit - allowing a material to produce items of lower level than its normal level with NO reduction in mats spent. EXAMPLE: So rubedite starts at Cp150 and you have the + and then - to go up to 160 or back down. Well allow the minus to be hit at ANY TIME, leaving the mats spent the same but lowering the level of gear to 140, then 130 then 120 etc. let it go as low as you want.

Now, of course, an aside... with either of these cases you would have to decide IF the look for a piece was determined by the LEVEL or the MATERIAL. But for my money, i would say MATERIAL adding a whole new fashion opportunity.
      But dont let the fashion question worry you... the flexibility and removal/expansion of mat versatility is the key thing for a world no longer designed around a linear progression thru territory linked to level.

Thanks
      Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
      YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
      "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• MasterGohan
      MasterGohan
      ✭✭
      @STEVIL

I completely disagree. While, yes, you will only be harvesting materials that you can either use yourself or can be used by your character, that in no way means that you will be able to craft for yourself with that character. You may want a specific crafted set that requires more traits that you have researched. Or if you want to get a set of armor ready for when you CAN craft it. It makes crafters unable to be self sufficient. And what about crafting guilds? Most crafters are max level. Making stuff for other max levels will be easy but for lower tier players won't be.
    • Rex-Umbra
      Rex-Umbra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It makes sense too me you can buy lower level materials or farm them on an alt or tell the person your crafting for to get the materials or stock up your crafting bag before update.
      Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
      GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    • bmcxp
      bmcxp
      ✭✭✭
      As a High level Master Crafter I often craft for my low level Guild Mates. To do this I sometimes have to go to my characters starting zone to farm the Mats required.

You have made this quite impossible with node leveling. Now I cant craft that level 4 gear for the new member or player.
      To go and purchase the mats is just going to increase its value beyond what a level 4 player can/will pay.

The way I see you have only two options to fix this.
      1. Set the crafting nodes back the way they were before the patch, or
      2. Remove or LOWER limit of the crafting tier, allowing CP150/160 Mats to be able to craft down to level 4

My 2 cents worth.
      Member of the ESO Realm
      Castellan of Guild Medieval

(@BMCXP)
      Nevaehtwo, & Nerata Oaken-Shield, Professions Master, Explorer
    • redspecter23
      redspecter23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd like to voice my opinion on crafting materials. I like that I will be finding max level crafting mats everywhere. I consider this a good thing. If I want lower level crafting mats, I can get them on a low alt or I can adjust the crafting passives for one of my high level alts or I can buy them from others that are farming. If I'm crafting for guildmates with low level toons, I can ask them to provide mats. Please do not remove the ability for all nodes to scale to max level as I find this an amazing new feature in the game. Find another way to place lower level crafting mats into the game for the very few situations where they are needed.
    • STEVIL
      STEVIL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

@MasterGohan
      i did not mention WHo would be doing crafting of the materials or how many traits etc... because that is irrelevent and separate from harvesting useful/usable materials.

Lets be perfectly clear, right now when mats are locked into single strict progressions of zones by level the observation you use to make your point is STILL TRUE.

, that in no way means that you will be able to craft for yourself with that character. You may want a specific crafted set that requires more traits that you have researched.

Thats because in spite of it being tossed in to try and add substance, WHERE mats come from has nothing to do with whether you have the traits to craft a specific set or not It doesn't now, it wont in OneT.

So, if we can dispense with that and get back to substance...

Right now all nodes except in DLCs are spread across the world in a single strict linear progression of mat-level for every single character. that linear horse and buggy deployment made sense when CHARACTER PROGRESSION followed the same kind of single linear path from level 3 to vet 14. When Cp replaced Vet and you suddenly had whole slews of characters leapfrogging over the vet levels in part or in toto, that linear strict single progression was dealt a body blow. Now with OneT, the linear strict single geography is also going away.and the nodes are changing to suit the new needs for the new progressions.

Like any major change, like many players have adapted to changed metas, new skills, revised stats etc etc etc time and time again - this may mean some prior activities have to change how they normally conduct operations. (Note that crafters are gonna have to sheel out loads for brand new gold sets.)

In the OPneT model, every character everywhere always finds mats from any node that is either useable by the character (passive skill rank) OR usable for crafting for the character (character level) and that is a massive improvement to a case currently where many find themselves running thru silver and gold content finding mats they have no use for - that neither match character level or their crafting skill.

So, yeah, some crafters who right now are used to operating and perhaps profitting by gathering mats to sell to others when they craft for them, may well see a drop in their need to (or ability to profit from) getting lower level mats to sell-to/use-for others. At the same time, lets say this again, every character everywhere at any time can harvets mats that are always useful for or usable by that character. So, it may well be the NEED for a "crafter" to harvest mats for others simply is diminished... just like the demand for vet-7 materials dropped when whole slews of players characters leapfrogged past cp70-80 without ever going thru it.

But, as i pointed out, to help with the niche cases, there ought to be some loosening of the ties between material-type and gear-level. this was done with enchantment potencies. It makes sense for a free-form go where you want world design. The whole "each type of materials only cocveres 2-5 levels of progression" is obsolete.

Removing the lower restriction would solve your master crafter issue i would think. They could gather top level mats anywhere, anytime and use them for all the lower stuff....

Same thing for your "crafting before i can use" if they remove the upper limit - you could use the scads of current level stuff you gather when its time.

But, as many have found out in update after update, there is NO GUARANTEE that every niche or even every popular activity will remain as is forever even when massive updates happen.

This change will add more relevent mats to the fingertips of every character in a world where zones and rigid straight jacket horse and buggy progressions become a thing of history... become a "back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways to get crafting mats and had to go to specific zones to get them" anecdotes.

Edited by STEVIL on September 3, 2016 4:32AM
      YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
      STEVIL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      bmcxp wrote: »
      As a High level Master Crafter I often craft for my low level Guild Mates. To do this I sometimes have to go to my characters starting zone to farm the Mats required.

You have made this quite impossible with node leveling. Now I cant craft that level 4 gear for the new member or player.
      To go and purchase the mats is just going to increase its value beyond what a level 4 player can/will pay.

The way I see you have only two options to fix this.
      1. Set the crafting nodes back the way they were before the patch, or
      2. Remove or LOWER limit of the crafting tier, allowing CP150/160 Mats to be able to craft down to level 4

My 2 cents worth.

Question: You seem to have left out "i get them to give me the mats for the itmes they need " as a possibility.

Why?

In the old system, they might not even be able to harvest those mats, depending on their progression vs geography - so i can understand that somewhat, but in the new system, every node they find regardless of zone will pony up useful/usable mats every time.

So why is "in the new system the transaction and activity adjusts slightly and they harvest more nodes and give me the mats" just unacceptable so much that it cannot even be considered worth mentioning? Now, of course, for the raw newbies, i can understand it to a degree - but since every non-advanced craft will harvest 50% jute, maple, rawhide there will be tons of those to go around.

is that degree of change in "how this works" more severe than say the major changes that were done to accomodate the magica changes and thieves lines after TG, or the changes in activities builds play after Cp took over for VR, or the changes after Db and the stamina boosts?

Every update of any significance, activities and "how things are done" change.

That said, i do agree there needs to be loosening in the noose tieing mat-type to -narrow-gear-level such as what was done with potencies in the enchant overhaul.

But the degree of "have to stay as i am doing things now or catastrophe" feels an awful lot like "poisons will rekt the whole game" and "potencies changes will end enchanting" we have seen in the past.

and did i mention how sorcerers are now non-existent in the game and class is totes dead RIP now since whenever that was?

Edited by STEVIL on September 3, 2016 4:43AM
      YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• MasterGohan
      MasterGohan
      ✭✭
      @STEVIL

I appreciate your response. You make very valid points. Things change all the time. And we will all get used to this. But this game has the best crafting system I've ever seen. It is nuanced and detailed for the hardcore crafter yet simple and accessible to anyone. And just like the change from vet levels to CP, I believe this is a blow to that system. It is becoming less dynamic with each update and its sad. But my main concern was never addressed. My writs. Without the Orsinium DLC my writs get dropped in Craglorn using cp140 mats. But when this update happens I won't be able to gather cp140 mats anymore. So am I forced to lower my skills on my crafter? Or spend 27 skill points on another character to be able to harvest it? Or are they forcing me to buy a dlc just so I can use the materials I harvest for writs? Or with they change the writs themselves to use what I can harvest? It was rather unclear. I still think this is a detriment to the game (not the whole patch, just node scaling) but I'll do my best to adapt as you said. Thanks.
    • bmcxp
      bmcxp
      ✭✭✭
      STEVIL wrote: »
      Question: You seem to have left out "i get them to give me the mats for the itmes they need " as a possibility.

Why?
      Yes this is an option for most players that have been around for a while. But

Low level players new to the game have not the experience to farm for those mat that the crafter will need for there new gear.
      Let alone the skill points needed to effectively find them.

And now that the new players will be Battle Level to the zone they are in, they will be spending there skill points on self protection and weapon skills.

Letting us use those high level mats to craft low level gear, dose seem like the only option.
      Member of the ESO Realm

(@BMCXP)
    • STEVIL
      STEVIL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      @STEVIL

I appreciate your response. You make very valid points. Things change all the time. And we will all get used to this. But this game has the best crafting system I've ever seen. It is nuanced and detailed for the hardcore crafter yet simple and accessible to anyone. And just like the change from vet levels to CP, I believe this is a blow to that system. It is becoming less dynamic with each update and its sad. But my main concern was never addressed. My writs. Without the Orsinium DLC my writs get dropped in Craglorn using cp140 mats. But when this update happens I won't be able to gather cp140 mats anymore. So am I forced to lower my skills on my crafter? Or spend 27 skill points on another character to be able to harvest it? Or are they forcing me to buy a dlc just so I can use the materials I harvest for writs? Or with they change the writs themselves to use what I can harvest? It was rather unclear. I still think this is a detriment to the game (not the whole patch, just node scaling) but I'll do my best to adapt as you said. Thanks.

Craglorn is now not locked to cp140. it will be scaled nodes unless i miss something. there is no reason to believe a level 10 crafting writ will ask for level 9 materials now that all zones scale to the character. You can even now start writs from anywhere even other alliances but the turn in is still in your alliance (maybe one zone maybe not.)

But two important notes to show you the writs locked into narrow aspects are changing.

SURVEYS may take you anywhere now, not just your faction - so not just craglorn from craglorn.

All crafting packs will give you EITHER a survey OR a pack of 25 mats from lower levels.

So, i would hold off the panic over craglorn writs for master crafters that dont own the orsinium DLC... even if they do outnumber all other players 10-1.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• bebynnag
      bebynnag
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      i hope this is the corrct feedback section;

I noticed in the patch notes that quest will now reward set pieces; but with someone who has completed gold on 3 characters & almost completed gold on 3 more, i was wondering if we will get some type of backdated reward?
      i mean a set piece for EVERY quest I have completed would probablly be too much for my inbox to handle, but a token gesture of some form would be nice!
    • helediron
      helediron
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ...snip...
      Craglorn is now not locked to cp140. it will be scaled nodes unless i miss something. there is no reason to believe a level 10 crafting writ will ask for level 9 materials now that all zones scale to the character. You can even now start writs from anywhere even other alliances but the turn in is still in your alliance (maybe one zone maybe not.)
      ...snip...
      I did tier 10 writs and got woodworking survey map to Craglorn. It gave Ruby Ash, so Craglorn scales like any other area.

That leads to new question: is nirncrux still tied to Craglorn regardless of writ or material level? My survey didn't drop one yet. If anyone gets nirncrux, please tell!
      On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    • susmitds
      susmitds
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would say this is a very good change. End game mat costs have been going out of hand. Even though the mid tier mats will get rarer, the end tier ones will have their price decreased.
    • Lalaeith
      Lalaeith
      ✭✭✭
      I like the changes. Probably some kind of chance to get specific tiers of mats in specific regions would not hurt, at least not people with crafting bags. Still personally I am fine with the way it is on pts now.

Soul gems: Did not run into anything non-Grand

Survey report was of the right level, so all ok there so far.

General feedback: I love pts right now. I'd rather play there than on live :D can't wait for the update to hit live servers!
    • Dominoid
      Dominoid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Crafting writs should receive an overhaul. Writs should be exclusive to the zone you pickup the writ in. In other words, if you pick-up a writ in Stonefalls, the turn-in should be in Stonefalls and the surveys should be for Stonefalls. This will of course requires more survey locations for the base zones, but this task should be accomplished. Players should still only be capable of picking up one writ of each type per day per character.
    • helediron
      helediron
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      helediron wrote: »
      ...snip...
      ...snip...
      I did tier 10 writs and got woodworking survey map to Craglorn. It gave Ruby Ash, so Craglorn scales like any other area.

That leads to new question: is nirncrux still tied to Craglorn regardless of writ or material level? My survey didn't drop one yet. If anyone gets nirncrux, please tell!
      Went to Craglorn and after about 40 minutes of farming i got one nirncrux from Rubedite Ore node. So i believe nirncrux is working as intended, deduced from a sample of one. :mrgreen: .
      On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Rex-Umbra wrote: »
      It makes sense too me you can buy lower level materials or farm them on an alt or tell the person your crafting for to get the materials or stock up your crafting bag before update.

I would just like to farm what I want to farm, not what ZOS thinks I need.
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • bmcxp
      bmcxp
      ✭✭✭
      Yes ZOS I too would like to farm the other mats. Not just CP150 mats.
      Member of the ESO Realm

(@BMCXP)
    • MasterGohan
      MasterGohan
      ✭✭
      @STEVIL

But two important notes to show you the writs locked into narrow aspects are changing.

SURVEYS may take you anywhere now, not just your faction - so not just craglorn from craglorn.

All crafting packs will give you EITHER a survey OR a pack of 25 mats from lower levels.

So, i would hold off the panic over craglorn writs for master crafters that dont own the orsinium DLC... even if they do outnumber all other players 10-1.

@STEVIL
      I know that Craglorn sclaes just like e everywhere else. I'm very excited to farm cp160 mats AND nirncruxes at the same time. But there was nothing in the notes that said that the writs themselves were changing. I can pick up my writs now from anywhere in my alliance and they still take me to craglorn. They are just adding more places to pick them up and adding all surveys to the rewards instead of just the drop off area. Nothing was said that you can turn them in anywhere so I assume they will still send you to a specific area depending on what materials you can craft with. While I hope that Craglorn writs will allow the use of cp160 mats, the lack of any changes to actual writs themselves leads me to believe that they will still require cp140 materials. Its a mild inconvenience and I plan on stocking up to last me a good while but its still an oversight by ZOS. The writs themselves are still locked into narrow aspects even if the rewards are changing for the better. That said I hope you're right.
      Edited by MasterGohan on September 3, 2016 7:26PM
    • STEVIL
      STEVIL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      As i understand it, writs work at skill level.
      They removed the lesser tier mats on top end writs last update tho maybe it was left for crag wheb crag was locked atv140.
      So hey maybe one should panic but i believe i have seen reports sbout the writs.
      YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
      STEVIL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      @MasterGohan

I just asked via twitch to the devs at PAX WEST live

Craglorn writs are in OneT 160 if you are top tier. that and the writs were changed with OneT specifically for that.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• MasterGohan
      MasterGohan
      ✭✭
      @STEVIL

Thank you! That is great news. I appreciate you finding that out for me. You're awesome!
    • Dominoid
      Dominoid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Lootable soul gems aren't working as desired. When I loot a "Petty Soul Gem" from the game world, I get a petty soul gem which is useless at cap. Common soul gems appear to be working correctly as I got a grand souls gem when looted. After fixing the drop received, I would fix the description of all soul gems in the game to say Grand Soul Gem or simply Soul Gem to avoid the "confusion" of picking up a common and receiving a grand. There are both a Petty and Common sould gems for looting at the Hammerdeath Arena merchant.

N4e4rH4.png

vdeT6In.png
      Edited by Dominoid on September 4, 2016 1:03AM
    • Holycannoli
      Holycannoli
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It's not right that crafters cannot harvest all the resources of their craft, because now as they level the previous resources are forever locked out. They will never find them again in the world.

Gear sets have been made zone specific in OT, so why not resources? We have to quest/grind in specific zones to find certain sets, and we should also be able to farm specific zones for our various resources.

Interesting tidbit: That's what we do now. That's what we've been doing since beta. We go to specific zones to farm various resources.

It is great that max level crafters find all cp160 resources now. I love that. But they can never find the previous resources again. Ever. How in the hell does that make sense?

Please consider reverting this resource change and keeping all nodes as they are currently, or if anything scramble things up a bit and maybe make it region-specific, like orichalcum being found in Bangkorai near Wrothgar, dwarven ore existing in the regions around dwemer ruins (so Stros M'kai would have some for example), cotton can be found around farms and flatlands, ancestral silk around undead areas (Glenumbra might have a lot of it in the north) etc. Make up region rules for the other resources too: maybe jute is found in hills and rocky areas, steel exists everywhere iron is found, spidersilk is found in wooded areas and forests, ironthread grows in dry, arid regions, etc. Spend some time and really give it all a realistic feel, and give each zone multiple resources per craft.

This One Tamriel implementation feels lazy and not thought out.
    • Garwulf
      Garwulf
      ✭✭✭
      The more I find out about One Tamriel the more I think it should be delayed until April the 1st....

• STEVIL
      STEVIL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I think this is the place for this feedback.

REGARDING THE NEW STAT PREVIEW where in inventory you hover over an item and you see what your stats would change to if you equipped it,.

I liked the display - green color for raising, red for lowering and it was very intuitive and obvious.

i think it is a step in the right direction.

HOWEVER, unless i missed something (UIMS) it is mostly useless as currently implemented. (No offense)

The impact of a single item swap is a meaningless stat in a game where, frankly, gear is all about sets.

if i am wearing 5pc julianos and i hover over a TBS piece, i see what happens if i take out the 5pc bonus of julianos and in in one piece of TBS - but what i want to see is what happens if i replace Juli with TBS or something like that.

its not even useful when considered "what happens if io go to gold from purple" unless i happen to have a gold sitting by.

My feedback is that what you need to do is make it more "set friendly." and not "single piece swap" focused.

Several suggestions to help reach this include:

MINIMAL CHANGE: Allow the selection of several different inventory items at once, as a package. have the results presented as a single overall "if all these swap in at the same time then."

BETTER CHANGE METHOD: SET-B
      Create a new inventory tab, like the materials bag now.
      This new tab would be called "SET B"
      SET B would allow up to 12 items, no more no less and only one of each "slot type" except for rings which get two.
      A player could move items in their inventory into SET B with a right click menu option.
      While the set B tab was open, the characters stats display would show what they would be if every item in SET B replaced items in the real gear equipped. (if i did not have rings or shoulders in set B the ones in the equipped would still count.)

This way players could load up entire new alternativer sets into SET B - and see what the results are WITHOUT TRIGGERING ANY BOE which is critical for crafted sets and the overland drops..

items in set-B count against inventory as usual and can be locked or unlocked.

If a player right-clicks on an item in SET B and chooses EQUIP, the currently equipped item is added to SET-B automatically.

I AM NOT NOT NOT NOT suggesting you allow speedy one-click swap whoile set-b for equipped gear. that is a tactical thing. i am suggesting allowing this subdivision of inventory so a player can package up a "sideboard" or secondary set making it easier for them to adapt to different roles - but not a one-click swap of the whole thing.

I think this would help those who PVE and PVP, those who sometimes heal, sometimes DPS, group vs solo etc.

All this is IMO of course but one piece at a time evaluation in a set driven game isn't that useful.

THANKS
      YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Tannus15
      Tannus15
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I would like to be able to craft lower level items with higher level mats since farming low level mats is effectively busted.

Note, either way I still prefer area scaling.