Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do people hate gankers?

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    jarradarab wrote: »
    I mean isn't that the whole point of being an Assassin? To get in unnoticed, hit hard and kill and then sink back into the shadows as if you were never there. I'm not a ganker but ive just leveled a NB to CP rank and will be building it into a gank build for this reason.

Are you really that dense?
    Ofc that´s the whole point.

The problem about it: it is not fun for the victim because the whole point of proper ganking is to leave your opponent no chance to fight back.
    Having no chance to fight back is ok in singleplayer games - it has no place in multiplayer imo.
    Healthy pvp requires to be fun for every participant - or atleast leave the looser with a feeling that he can either improve or avoid the situation the next time.
    I´d argue getting virtually 1shot by an opponent that was invisible before he choose to murder you leaves you with none of those feelings.
    Let's face it, eso pvp wouldn't give those feelings without gankers. Stamina is king, every projectile attack is dodged, and the maluplars are irritating when they camp on top of your sewers base exit. Pvp will never be fun for everyone lol.

Oh, and to improve the whole being ganked situation: keep shields up, have inner light or better yet radiant slotted, impen/crit resistance, put points in health or use food if you need to, don't run your horse out of stam across a bridge on your way to a fight, and finally, quit checking your inventory in the middle of the sewers :lol:!

Or just remove the ability to be permanently invisible without any cost associated to it.

Also keeping shields up and having radiant magelight - anyone who still uses those as an argument just destroys their own credibility on the matter.
    It's not an argument, more like a factual counter. Do you need to slot it or make sure to have shields up 24/7? No, of course not, but you need to realize then that you could be a target for a ganker if one comes upon you. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that, just trying to tell people ways to cut down on the burst of gankbuilds. Seriously though, if I see someone who is at least reasonably decent at maintaining their shields or keeps popping radiant, then I won't even bother trying to gank them.

There is a decent enough cost associated with it as is, it's called the skill is broken af.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate ganker NB

Nb stam : Invisibilit - ambush - soulharvest- " a skill , i d'ont remember the name " , and the man is dead( i'm not sure for Nb stam )

Nb magicka : Invisbilité - deto-invisbility - wait 5 sec with invisibitlity- ambush- AOE ultimated Soul something in a group - deto proc - and some sape sape ( nb magicka aoe ) and they are dead .
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    My group ran across him randomly. Hardly "preying," but spin it how you want to. My group seeks out large zergs and guild groups.
    I toy with lowbies. My group came across a level 10 argonian the other night and killed it with entropy spam.

Through its Phoenix proc.

It was glorious.
    :expressionless:...
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate gankers because they cry for nerfs if they can't burn someone down in less than five seconds.
    Edited by Paneross on September 1, 2016 5:59PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty much the same reason RL snipers have always been hated on any battlefield throughout history. Go ask anyone in the armed forces. Troops would drop a nuke on the area where a sniper might be, if they were able to. Lord have mercy if you were one, and ever got captured. If you can't see why people hate gankers (the equivilent of a sniper) OP, you really are clueless.

Edited by Dreyloch on September 1, 2016 6:02PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean isn't that the whole point of being an Assassin? To get in unnoticed, hit hard and kill and then sink back into the shadows as if you were never there. I'm not a ganker but ive just leveled a NB to CP rank and will be building it into a gank build for this reason.

The problem about it: it is not fun for the victim because the whole point of proper ganking is to leave your opponent no chance to fight back.
    Having no chance to fight back is ok in singleplayer games - it has no place in multiplayer imo.
    Healthy pvp requires to be fun for every participant - or atleast leave the looser with a feeling that he can either improve or avoid the situation the next time.
    I´d argue getting virtually 1shot by an opponent that was invisible before he choose to murder you leaves you with none of those feelings.
    Let's face it, eso pvp wouldn't give those feelings without gankers. Stamina is king, every projectile attack is dodged, and the maluplars are irritating when they camp on top of your sewers base exit. Pvp will never be fun for everyone lol.

Oh, and to improve the whole being ganked situation: keep shields up, have inner light or better yet radiant slotted, impen/crit resistance, put points in health or use food if you need to, don't run your horse out of stam across a bridge on your way to a fight, and finally, quit checking your inventory in the middle of the sewers :lol:!

Or just remove the ability to be permanently invisible without any cost associated to it.

Also keeping shields up and having radiant magelight - anyone who still uses those as an argument just destroys their own credibility on the matter.

He is talking about stamina, he uses the word, he points out he's talking about stamina and you bring up an ability that is literally the only reason to play a mageblade over a stamblade, which only a magblade can spam which to be clear here stamblades would laugh at as they don't need to spam it as they use it between dodge rolls.

I was talking about crouch. An "abilitiy" every char has access to that makes you invisible to enemies without a cost.

It's not an argument, more like a factual counter. Do you need to slot it or make sure to have shields up 24/7? No, of course not, but you need to realize then that you could be a target for a ganker if one comes upon you. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that, just trying to tell people ways to cut down on the burst of gankbuilds. Seriously though, if I see someone who is at least reasonably decent at maintaining their shields or keeps popping radiant, then I won't even bother trying to gank them.

There is a decent enough cost associated with it as is, it's called the skill is broken af.

As i said. I was talking about crouch and the ability to wait invisible without a cost. Make crouch drain stamina permanently to force ppl to use it actively and everything is good (i especially dislike magica and heavy armor builds having this ability).

I don´t have an issue with cloak apart from it not having any working ranged counter.

On everything else you´re saying: Radiant magelight is not an option for anyone that also likes to pve. It´s other morph is a mandatory magica pve skill.
    If you´re ganking people that recast shields every 6s you either found the guy that never uses his horse or you try to kill already fighting ppl. There is no way to keep shields up while moving with a grp not engaged in combat.

Like i´ve said. You most likely only experienced one side and therefor make arguments like radiant or keep shields up. They´re so far of from reality of what efficient ganking is that you basically prove my point.
    Edited by Derra on September 2, 2016 5:53AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    It's pretty much the same reason RL snipers have always been hated on any battlefield throughout history. Go ask anyone in the armed forces. Troops would drop a nuke on the area where a sniper might be, if they were able to. Lord have mercy if you were one, and ever got captured. If you can't see why people hate gankers (the equivilent of a sniper) OP, you really are clueless.

And while war is mostly about winning - the game should in theory be fun for everyone. That´s why ganking has no place in it :P
    <Noricum>

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    As i said. I was talking about crouch and the ability to wait invisible without a cost. Make crouch drain stamina permanently to force ppl to use it actively and everything is good.

I don´t have an issue with cloak apart from it not having any working ranged counter.
    Ahh, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about permacloaking as it's a ganking nb thread. I agree about what you mentioned with staying crouched permanently with no penalty. Implementing some sort of slow drain wouldn't change much about a decent ganker's playstyle anyway. I know I certainly don't sit around a bridge waiting for randoms for 30 minutes.

I'm very torn about the ranged counter (assuming you're talking like 28+ meters). On one end I get that it's frustrating for people when a nb can get out and disappear, but on the other hand, if I weren't able to do that to reposition and heal or straight up bail, I would probably find no reason to play magblade. As it is now, it's quite difficult to even use cloak around halfway competent players. Shadow image is very useful, but observant enemies will throw a revealing flare on it and stand near it spamming aoes/mage's light.

Honestly, I think where it's at is fine (my bias here may be coming through lol). When I come across good players in Cyrodiil, they have no issues whatsoever keeping me out of cloak and forcing me to fight head on. If I happen to use shadow image intelligently, I feel like I should be rewarded for it...not punished with yet another counter. Not everyone wants to do the whole face-tank/stand your ground no matter what playstyle. Besides, it's not like we're getting any AP when we bail.

+1 though for the crouch penalty, never really thought about it but I agree with you there.

Edited to add: But I have so much fun ganking those that I see stalking low-levels in my faction. The obvious surprise when they're the ones that get ganked makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :blush:.
    Edited by Stoopid_Nwah on September 2, 2016 6:21AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think where it's at is fine (my bias here may be coming through lol). When I come across good players in Cyrodiil, they have no issues whatsoever keeping me out of cloak and forcing me to fight head on. If I happen to use shadow image intelligently, I feel like I should be rewarded for it...not punished with yet another counter. Not everyone wants to do the whole face-tank/stand your ground no matter what playstyle. Besides, it's not like we're getting any AP when we bail.

I think cloak is largely fine at the moment aswell.

With a ranged counter i don´t mean full 28+ meters in cyrodiil. Just the option to have something that has more than 6m and keeps people from always just reentering cloak despite me managing to follow them correctly (magica sorc barely having access to snares is key here).

Radiant magelight would in theory work quite well BUT it´s otherwise entirely useless (and inner light is mandatory for pve). Cloak needs counters that are actually useful for other things than countering cloak for ranged/magica builds. It´s the only skill that requires certain builds to slot otherwise useless counterskills and thats something that has no place in a game only allowing for 10 skillchoices.

Cloak needs something like a gapcloser is for streak. Gapclosers softcounter streak but they´re useful against any opponent because combat is so dynamic and movement oriented anyway.
    Edited by Derra on September 2, 2016 7:56AM
    <Noricum>

• Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    The most anger I ever felt to a ganker was when I had 10k tel var stones and was literally just about to use my sigil to bank them and I get ganked and lose all those stones. I almost broke my damn mouse and had to take a break just to not break my computer if it happened again.

Edit: oh and when we had Fengrush, Sypher, and a bunch of others recently using bomb builds and killing us while we were trying to fight Molag Bal for the skins -_- that was annoying as hell. You'd think they'd look for something more challenging
    Edited by Bakven on September 2, 2016 8:10AM
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My group ran across him randomly. Hardly "preying," but spin it how you want to. My group seeks out large zergs and guild groups.
    I toy with lowbies. My group came across a level 10 argonian the other night and killed it with entropy spam.

Through its Phoenix proc.

It was glorious.
    :expressionless:...

"Preying" implies seeking them out intending to only fight that type of player. We do not seek out lowbies. However, when we find one, we play with them. We are 4-6 man groups, and we seek out large guilds and zergs. If anything, we prey on disorganized large groups. But as I said, twist it how you want.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Preying" implies seeking them out intending to only fight that type of player. We do not seek out lowbies. However, when we find one, we play with them. We are 4-6 man groups, and we seek out large guilds and zergs. If anything, we prey on disorganized large groups. But as I said, twist it how you want.
    :expressionless: You may not actively seek out low levels, but that poor guy became your prey so no, I am not twisting anything. And that's not even relevant to what I am getting at; I am simply stating I find it ironic the way you speak of gankers yet you have preyed upon helpless low levels to the extent you take pleasure in "toying" with them. Even as a ganker I don't stoop that low.

• KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :expressionless: You may not actively seek out low levels, but that poor guy became your prey so no, I am not twisting anything. And that's not even relevant to what I am getting at; I am simply stating I find it ironic the way you speak of gankers yet you have preyed upon helpless low levels to the extent you take pleasure in "toying" with them. Even as a ganker I don't stoop that low.

Hey, he was running between Bleaks and Chalm alone in the max level campaign. He put himself in a helpless situation. Welcome to Cyrodiil.

Most gankers look for max level people in inventory screens or with low CP and run from fights when turned on. There's quite a difference. :wink:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no one likes the guy who hides around a corner in 3rd then leans out and snipes you in the face with the Barrett

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's just more satisfying to win/lose due to decision make and resource management than due to pure chance (rng procs) or missed kills because the enemy cloaks away. nothing wrong with people playing like this. still certainly not the aspect that makes this game fun for me. even killing a ganker is usually little fun because it's onyl about not letting them escape and they don't put an actual fight
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Daggerfall_Bones
    Daggerfall_Bones
    ✭✭✭
    Bakven wrote: »
    The most anger I ever felt to a ganker was when I had 10k tel var stones and was literally just about to use my sigil to bank them and I get ganked and lose all those stones. I almost broke my damn mouse and had to take a break just to not break my computer if it happened again.

Edit: oh and when we had Fengrush, Sypher, and a bunch of others recently using bomb builds and killing us while we were trying to fight Molag Bal for the skins -_- that was annoying as hell. You'd think they'd look for something more challenging

Facing good players and groups doesn't make for good videos and streams. These guys are monetizing gameplay and fighting equally skilled players doesn't make for a good show. They are in the business of personal enrichment and are not looking for a challenge. Some even take it as far a exploiting cross faction communication to setup up opposing faction groups for bombs . Makes for great entertainment for some I guess, but I'll never understand why people watch people play a video game when you can actually play the game yourself.

I was in a guild they couldn't bomb and we'd get messages from some of these opportunists for a truce. Just get some impen and remember to block and they'll leave you alone and in some cases ask for mercy.
    Edited by Daggerfall_Bones on September 2, 2016 3:26PM
    Bones - Dunmer DK
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They hate us cause they ***
    Edited by SRIBES on September 2, 2016 3:53PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How could anyone hate a ganker? They are so polite.

This is a message I got yesterday when I got ganked for 6.7k stones.

gank.gif

Aww... he said TY :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    Ganking is part of ESO and i don't hate or disrespect a ganker. Let's face it, it is harder to be on your own trying to kill weak targets from the mob and survive, than to belong to the herd stacking heals, allies, block and damage reduction. They are also there to reduce zerg numbers, so we should thank them for reducing lag in cyrodill. Gankers are like cockroaches everyone hates them and try to kill them on sight, but they fulfill a very important role in our ecosystem by decomposing corpses and serve as food to many other species. So next time you get ganked take this into account and show the ganker some love...
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind gankers, what I mind is how salty and malicious some get towards you after a failed gank or whatever. A lot of gankers on PC NA will send the worst tells lol. But I've met some cool ones too who will talk to you about builds, Cyrodiil life, whatever. I don't think it's really gankers people hate, but the kind of people some of those gankers are that they hate.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, he was running between Bleaks and Chalm alone in the max level campaign. He put himself in a helpless situation. Welcome to Cyrodiil.

Most gankers look for max level people in inventory screens or with low CP and run from fights when turned on. There's quite a difference. :wink:
    And there is a difference between just killing someone and toying with them/mocking them Xv1 ;).
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    How could anyone hate a ganker? They are so polite.

This is a message I got yesterday when I got ganked for 6.7k stones.

gank.gif

Aww... he said TY :)

:lol: what an angel he must be.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there is a difference between just killing someone and toying with them/mocking them Xv1 ;).

And the lesson is; kill me before I can fight back? Not cool. Surround a lowbie and make them dance to live? A-OK and hilarious.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my most fun, but same time worst possible meeting with ganker nb few weeks ago. It happened in IC sewers.

All started when I ran in small group of other AD players farming tel war. We got in fight with DC group and we managed to kill them all. Or thats what we thought.

We kept running to the DC territory of sewers and soon we noticed that we were followed. First the slowest one died. Two guys went back to rez him/her and soon they both were death. We all had lot of tw so rest of us just started to run and we tried to get on ladders. We were sure we made it but then came few EP players. We won but, there was still distance to ladders. We kept running and soon I noticed rest of my group got also killed. I turned to look and then I saw him first time. He was cat. Then I also realized I was standing at corner of room. Cat dissapeared and I tried to get hidden but he was looking me all the time.

I knew I had no chance but I just got all my buffs up and started throwing blazing spears. But couldnt hit him. Then the creepiest part started.
    I see him using blade of woe at npc, i throw spear but he dissapears before soear lands. Few secs after npc closer to me falls I see cat for maybe sec and then boom he dissapears. Same thing kept happening and soon almost all human type npc in room were death. I turn to look direction where I saw him last time and when I turn back, npc behind me is dead. I just start running as fast as I can. He let me run some distance so I was thinking that I can make it. But then ambush few other skills and I was dead in 2sec.

It was horrible but also one of my best and exiting moments in game. So mr.BladeOfWoe cat. Orc says thank you:tongue:
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    I had my most fun, but same time worst possible meeting with ganker nb few weeks ago. It happened in IC sewers.

All started when I ran in small group of other AD players farming tel war. We got in fight with DC group and we managed to kill them all. Or thats what we thought.

We kept running to the DC territory of sewers and soon we noticed that we were followed. First the slowest one died. Two guys went back to rez him/her and soon they both were death. We all had lot of tw so rest of us just started to run and we tried to get on ladders. We were sure we made it but then came few EP players. We won but, there was still distance to ladders. We kept running and soon I noticed rest of my group got also killed. I turned to look and then I saw him first time. He was cat. Then I also realized I was standing at corner of room. Cat dissapeared and I tried to get hidden but he was looking me all the time.

I knew I had no chance but I just got all my buffs up and started throwing blazing spears. But couldnt hit him. Then the creepiest part started.
    I see him using blade of woe at npc, i throw spear but he dissapears before soear lands. Few secs after npc closer to me falls I see cat for maybe sec and then boom he dissapears. Same thing kept happening and soon almost all human type npc in room were death. I turn to look direction where I saw him last time and when I turn back, npc behind me is dead. I just start running as fast as I can. He let me run some distance so I was thinking that I can make it. But then ambush few other skills and I was dead in 2sec.

It was horrible but also one of my best and exiting moments in game. So mr.BladeOfWoe cat. Orc says thank you:tongue:
    This is perhaps my most favourite ganking post :lol:. I am sorry you and your group lost the stones, but being selfish, I am so glad it happened so that you could tell the story haha. I am definitely going to start using blade of woe on NPCs when stalking targets.
  • Vrath
    Vrath
    ✭✭✭

Agree on all points.

With the current meta and TTK being short it isnt fun, rewarding or skillful. Add in gankers who prey on lower levels or even levels that have no chance to fight back and it is easy to see why people dont find this play style enjoyable and dislike the players that do. It is like asking the kid on the play ground why he doesnt he like the bully?

The ganker kills people before they can react allowing no counter play, that isnt rewarding combat and I struggle to see how that can be engaging and fun long term for the ganker. In particular those that have max CP and gear that pray on lesser leveled opponents or builds that take advantage of sets that kill people before they can react. It certainly isnt skilled play and it is easy to see why people dislike people who do this in a game with a meta that doesnt allow one to react or counter. Take other MMOs where a ganker can get an advantage by opening on you but cannot out right kill you before you have a chance to counter them.

Players enjoy PvP that gives them the illusion of counter play and the ability to skillfully counter a ganker and out play them. However that isnt ESO where ganking is more akin to CoD headshots which is not good for an MMO.

If the meta continues with this power creep and low TTK, it will eventually turn people that want a rewarding skill based experience. Not to mention new players that already have to grind for months to hopefully get weapons, armor and CP to even be on a level playing field.
    Edited by Vrath on September 2, 2016 7:17PM
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is perhaps my most favourite ganking post :lol:. I am sorry you and your group lost the stones, but being selfish, I am so glad it happened so that you could tell the story haha. I am definitely going to start using blade of woe on NPCs when stalking targets.

Thanks mate! :) and I really recommend to give it a try to use bladeofwoe at sewer npc. Cause you can really creep out your enemies with it :smiley:

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vrath wrote: »

Agree on all points.

With the current meta and TTK being short it isnt fun, rewarding or skillful. Add in gankers who prey on lower levels or even levels that have no chance to fight back and it is easy to see why people dont find this play style enjoyable and dislike the players that do. It is like asking the kid on the play ground why he doesnt he like the bully?

The ganker kills people before they can react allowing no counter play, that isnt rewarding combat and I struggle to see how that can be engaging and fun long term for the ganker. In particular those that have max CP and gear that pray on lesser leveled opponents or builds that take advantage of sets that kill people before they can react. It certainly isnt skillful play and it is easy to see why people hate people who do this.

Players enjoy PvP that gives them the illusion of counter play and the ability to skillfully counter a ganker and out play them. However that isnt ESOwhere ganking is more akin to CoD headshots which is not enjoyable, fun or rewarding game play in an MMO. If the meta continues with this power creep and low TTK, it will turn people that want a rewarding skill base experience. Not to mention new players that already have to grind for months to hopefully get weapons, armor and CP to even be on a level playing field.
    This is what turned one of my mag nbs into a ganker. I was sick of zerg v zerg lagfests, taking the same keeps and outposts that I had been for who knows how long, major evasion, and it didn't help that stamina became king overnight (they needed to be on par with magicka, but perhaps with the sets given to them, it was a bit much?)...

You're right that if someone has ganked you, there wasn't going to be much hope of you doing a counter play of healing up, cc, etc. But with ganking, the counter is in prevention imo: to be aware of your surroundings, have good communication with your group if you're in one, maybe focus a bit on defenses if you find you're often ganked and it irritates you enough, and mostly just understand that everyone has been ganked at some time or another so most of the time it's nothing personal.

As for what you mentioned about it being long-term fun, for me I use it as a break from typical PVP or from Maelstrom farming. It's very peaceful watching battles while invisible and then weaving in and out of combat silently eliminating bigger targets. I'm not the type that hangs out stealthed on a bridge for an hour waiting for some low-level on a horse trying to get to a skyshard.

• Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    Ganking is a part of this game whether anyone likes it or not. The only real problem I have against ganking (besides being really annoying) is when you have the *** who kill inexperienced or low level players and do so repeatedly because it's an easy kill. This makes people either hate the game or hate pvp in general. I have guildmates who won't step foot in cyrodiil because they've been ganked so often. The worst offenders are the ones who are bad winners and whisper #rekt, l2p, ect.. it killed pvp for my friends and almost did the same for me when I first started.
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind gankers, what I mind is how salty and malicious some get towards you after a failed gank or whatever. A lot of gankers on PC NA will send the worst tells lol. But I've met some cool ones too who will talk to you about builds, Cyrodiil life, whatever. I don't think it's really gankers people hate, but the kind of people some of those gankers are that they hate.

^ I can agree with this.

This.....is AWESOME.
    Edited by KenaPKK on September 2, 2016 11:11PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stealth class gankers in this game have the MMO damage equivalent of tactical nuclear weapons and a case of rabies to go with it.

There are better designed games out there. Try playing some, this is pure sh**.

PS: Viper hasn't been nerfed and Velidreth is actually getting a small buff next patch...