Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC EU Economy - What the actual hell?

• Brugaz
    Brugaz
    ✭✭
    Benawaw89 wrote: »
    A while ago a certain person exploited the crafting bag bug, made all to much gold and is now manipulating the market probably cause X is bored. He does have help from X amount of greedy persons atm. Recently X also took control of a big trade guild so X can pretty much do what pleases X...
    AT some point
    I Want More
    I Wish More
    I Whip Moor
    I Wash Market
    I Wove Mlower
    I Wexploit More
    I Wack Mou

If you know what i mean :blush:

:D
    (PC/EU) - | @Brugaz |
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because all the [SNIP] who exploited the gold mats a few months ago and ZoS let-off scot-free are now selling the crap out of the tempers.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 1, 2016 9:07PM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Sludge04
    Sludge04
    ✭✭
    If you take a trip to the outback now and again, the low level campaign spots, you'll find things abundantly cheaper than your home cities. You can pick up a divine Dreugh King Slayer chest piece for as little as 3k, go to Wayrest on PS4 EU and they're on sale for upward of 30k. These guild stores don't sell much in the way of reagents or wax etc but you can find some real gems for good prices. I bought around 10 pieces of the Dwemer style for crafting for a little under 30k in total, again, these go for anywhere between 10-50k in Wayrest depending on the armour/weapon piece. I guess the ESO economy is much like the real one, prices rise in populated areas, moral of the story is explore and travel a little and you will save tonnes of gold.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Because all the [SNIP] who exploited the gold mats a few months ago and ZoS let-off scot-free are now selling the crap out of the tempers.

LoL.

In 2026...
    - Mats prices are out of hand !
    - That's because of the 2016 survey maps exploit ! Blame ZOS for letting people get away with it !!

Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 1, 2016 9:08PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that high prices result from:

1) removal of vet ranks. Now people want to craft legendary gear for their alts immediately after they hit lvl 50. More end game alts = greater demand for gold tempers.

2) less people do crafting writs nowdays, especially after SoH. Since you need to use much more 160cp mats to complete the quest, writs are just not that much profitable as before. You can do them a couple of times per week, but doing them every single day is not that worth anymore.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it may be just coincidence or perhaps even the cause, but yesterday one of the "we are recruiting" guild spams in zone chat said that their guild was part of a 17 guild group (all with locations in prime areas such as Rawlka and Belkarth)

with such large groups forming they can easily manipulate prices
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    A while ago a certain person exploited the crafting bag bug, made all to much gold and is now manipulating the market probably cause X is bored. He does have help from X amount of greedy persons atm. Recently X also took control of a big trade guild so X can pretty much do what pleases X...

^^ Exactly this. Same guild bought up all the Wood gold Rosins at 2.5-3k and now for 5/6k. Market fixing for gold tempers is happening. Easily achievable as most my friends have millions of gold saved because there is no real gold sink in ESO when you got a maxed build playing.

As for plant ingredients, i think more people are using the higher end potions now, for PvP, or trials etc. Only Coldharbour and DLC areas are worth farming raw mats, if your into that thing, mostly they are populated with farmers already making the gains in these areas slow per time spent.

No you can't say this, this only happens with auction houses. Have you not heard this current trading is perfect!
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the economy is, effectively, controlled by the most successful trading guilds, hogging the best trader sites to feed their own greed, this will not change.

Stuff the money grabbers, we need an AH to give everyone a level playing field and bring prices down to a more reasonable level.

Games with AHs have their economies gamed just as much as here in ESO, if not more.

Except with an AH everyone is on an equal footing, the current system only allows a privileged few sell.
    Edited by Cherryblossom on September 1, 2016 9:22AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sell mostly excess items - CP150-160 base mats, runes, blue and green tempers, motifs, style and trait stones (mostly from decon) recipes, set items with bad traits that are still worth more than the style mat and temper - but I've been holding on to the good stuff - gear with ideal traits, purple (I have multiple stacks and maybe I will sell some) and gold tempers, kutas, (not a full stack yet but close on some) alchemy plants (of which I already have 3-4 stacks of the most expensive). I don't have a crafting bag because I don't really see any benefit in that. I prefer to store on bank chars. I don't craft more than I need, I don't gold anything unless max level, it's ideal trait from BiS set so I don't really use that much material. Basically I'm hoarding the good stuff and selling the common items. I scarcely buy anything of guild stores though. Maybe an odd missing motif that refused to drop, or a recipe. In the past I've bought 10 hakeijos for my tank armor, and they were like 30K back then. I've not been making much money but spending even less. I've probably sold 3x or even more than I bought over the last few months. So the money continues trickling in, not much, but a few dozen thousands a day. I've ran out of gold sinks, buying all bank slots and inventory slots on all chars, also setting aside the money for riding lessons. So it keeps acumulating but I don't see any point in spending them ATM.

I don't know if I'm particularly stingy but there is definitely a significant population of players that acts pretty much the same. People basically hoarding the good stuff because they don't really need the money selling it. That can explain the "shortage" to some degree.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • there are lots of new sets for players to explore and test
    • its easier to level up alts that also need gear
    • more players have reached cp160 and want to improve themselves, their alts and play in endgame gear
    • less people bother with writs, as normal scaled trials net in same profit or more, with less inventory trouble
    • the noob population has become more aware of the market prices and sell their flowers and raw materials at the same rate as veterans do
    • manipulation with addons dont really affect that many players anymore. People know that when M.M. price shows Iron Ore for 10g that they can sell it for 60g easily. So a guildmaster logging in with new account, selling 10 ore for 10g each in that guild to set the M.M. prices lower for everyone else in the guild will not have the same effect as before, the nobs in the guild know that they can sell their ore for 60g and will not lower their prices.
    • there are less exploitable locations to farm raw materials, so the Dreugh Wax prices are going respectively up and will soon be slightly behind Tempering Alloy prices - where they should be.
    • raw material sellers sell their raw materials at higher prices, so the players who regulary buy raw materials to refine for profit are forced to increase the prices of their tempers if they wish to continue earning profit this way

The market prices are not fixed by 1 individual, but by many people. Some are good at predicting new trends and tend to earn more profit than others from that, while others are a little behind and some actually loose money on investing in buying & reselling.

I have done a bit of everything, and I'm for some odd reason friend with many trading guild owners, they are in much less control over the market on PC/EU than people think they are. It's why I see mournhold traders beat Craglorn traders in profit and sales lol

Btw. a good tip - most trading guilds in popular locations have 480-500 members who log on at different hours a day and sell their stuff, and since many flowerpickers join trading guilds to sell their wares, you can just quickly scan the crowded locations for flowers, raw materials and tempers while you go and pick your pledges, or do your writs.
    -I do that and I buy 2k+ cheap raw materials a day, and I refine them for tempers for personal use mainly & sell leftovers.

I also run a small social guild, where low levels sell their raw materials and flowers to me, after they found out they are underselling their materials at extremely low prices to other veterans ...I even told them that they can earn more profit on the materials if they sold their stuff to others, but they chose to sell to me as they deemed my prices to be fair for them.

btw. are TTG and TTM still at raging war with eachother, or have they made piece?
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on September 1, 2016 11:00AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly why I'm thankful that I focused heavily into crafting when I first started playing, and make sure to focus on farming a few days out of the week. Prices are beyond ridiculous currently on PS4-NA. I'd much rather: Go out wandering, pick and gather my own materials, and then get to keep whatever it is I refined as a whole. It's not worth spending that much gold on things that are so abundant.

Edit: Punctuation and spelling fixes.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 1, 2016 11:14AM
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it may be just coincidence or perhaps even the cause, but yesterday one of the "we are recruiting" guild spams in zone chat said that their guild was part of a 17 guild group (all with locations in prime areas such as Rawlka and Belkarth)

with such large groups forming they can easily manipulate prices

none of us ever did, or at least i dont know of any of the leaders/officers doing that. that's a kind of conspiracy theory, which isnt even practible or implementable. u have too many different people with different opinions and share a huge community also of buyers, which wouldnt like that kind of behaviour. so you just dont do stuff like that, since it would soil the image of all.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw. are TTG and TTM still at raging war with eachother, or have they made piece?

That's a piece of question :-) . Iron Maiden fans will remember "Piece of mind" :-)
    Both GM have been wisely advised to end their war or keep it silent. So basically it's quiet, noone knows if it means peace or not, but noone cares and everyone is happy.
    Now if you, too, could just let it be, that would be nice :-)

• VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Benawaw89 wrote: »
    AT some point
    I Want More
    I Wish More
    I Whip Moor
    I Wash Market
    I Wove Mlower
    I Wexploit More
    I Wack Mou

If you know what i mean :blush:

:D:D:D
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CRAFTING BAG
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a piece of question :-) . Iron Maiden fans will remember "Piece of mind" :-)
    Both GM have been wisely advised to end their war or keep it silent. So basically it's quiet, noone knows if it means peace or not, but noone cares and everyone is happy.
    Now if you, too, could just let it be, that would be nice :-)
    Ah happy news ^^
    Btw. I just asked because both guilds are very good trading guilds, and I want to know wether I can send my own guildmembers to them or recomend them other guilds instead. I don't plan on digging into drama, if that is what you think. lol
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP you sound surprise fact is that this economy when you are trader guilds for fact is that the trader guilds do have monopoly on traders and are basically contol the whole tader system so welcome of trader guilds MMO
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    OP you sound surprise fact is that this economy when you are trader guilds for fact is that the trader guilds do have monopoly on traders and are basically contol the whole tader system so welcome of trader guilds MMO

thats kind of bullsh. a trading guild is a trading guild. it still has to fill up its 500 spots of traders and a guild isnt able to controll all 500 people and what they are selling. that moment a guild starts to controll or tries to control the prices and the items people are selling, people might leave that guild, because its just not nice behaviour. people overestimate the power of gm. the mass makes the prices.
    Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on September 1, 2016 12:28PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox na prices are twice as high 20k T alloys 1200 columbines etc...
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • ntheogenic
    ntheogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRAFTING BAG

I would assume that the average player has always had little more than 3-4 inventory slots occupied by yellow tempers.

If they were forced to sell anything, it would not be those items. At least not because of "inventory space".

And the people who sold them in the past did not suddenly "forget" that they have high demand - high priced items in their bag.

Sorry, that is total nonsense.
    GDBY
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys, I see there is some accusations towards me in this thread which I'd like to respond to :pensive:

I'd like to clarify that I've been NO point exploiting any bug whatsoever in ESO, nor any exploit. I've never had a record of a ban, a warning, or anything alongst those lines which any Zenimax employe can confirm. Now, the manipulation of prices in the market right now is something alot of people are capable of, and something alot of people do. We can look towards the potion market, how that got influenced a few weeks ago, we can look towards the temper market a month or two ago, how that was heavily influenced due to high demand and low supply (think bots broke down after a patch cause I could not find any raw materials in stores for weeks) and we can look towards the flowers which I've been playing alot with.

However, im gonna make it very easy for you. If you don't like the prices, simply don't buy them.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys, I see there is some accusations towards me in this thread which I'd like to respond to :pensive:

I'd like to clarify that I've been NO point exploiting any bug whatsoever in ESO, nor any exploit. I've never had a record of a ban, a warning, or anything alongst those lines which any Zenimax employe can confirm. Now, the manipulation of prices in the market right now is something alot of people are capable of, and something alot of people do. We can look towards the potion market, how that got influenced a few weeks ago, we can look towards the temper market a month or two ago, how that was heavily influenced due to high demand and low supply (think bots broke down after a patch cause I could not find any raw materials in stores for weeks) and we can look towards the flowers which I've been playing alot with.

However, im gonna make it very easy for you. If you don't like the prices, simply don't buy them.

Flowers are love, flowers are live <3
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*sticks finger into her nose*
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you notice all the threads about crafting writs not being profitable enough? How they now require only top tier mats. That is what is hitting the market. Check the price for rubedite ingot, and the increase will match that of the tempers. Basic market reaction to the changes. It is not due to anyone manipulating. But clever people, with alot of money, can make huge profit out of this, if they anticipated it.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Did you notice all the threads about crafting writs not being profitable enough? How they now require only top tier mats. That is what is hitting the market. Check the price for rubedite ingot, and the increase will match that of the tempers. Basic market reaction to the changes. It is not due to anyone manipulating. But clever people, with alot of money, can make huge profit out of this, if they anticipated it.

nobbody is forced doing that writs on every char on lvl 10.