The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dungeon Queue Cooldown - please remove it or fix it

Antianara
Antianara
Soul Shriven
I am currently leveling toon two with ESO. I spent most of my MMO life as a WOW end game raiding vet but I promise I am not here to run irritating comparisons just hopefully constructive feedback. I completely understand why a dungeon cooldown is a useful tool. Ideally it should discourage PUG's from just group hopping at a whim. But in my experience they are not the ones who are actually at the mercy of this penalty.

After queuing for a protracted length of time you are invited to join a group that is in the process of disbanding - you are given a penalty cooldown and then have to start all over again. If you are unlucky enough this can happen several times and you simply will not be able to get a random dungeon in during that login session at all.

I have no issue with being kicked if I am getting the group wiped because I do not know the mechanics etc. But getting VTK before we even start and then put on penalty cooldown and having to reQ seems completely unfair.

I dont believe that players should be permitted to kick a player at dungeon start - it is a PUG you take your chances the gear level required should be measured by the system not by MR i am a leet tank and I want to roflroll this in five minutes - nothing wrong with the concept but a PUG is a PUG. Maybe there should be a VTK cooldown?

I have seen a few loose threads about this but please it is very debilitating to game play particularly as dps to be forced to constantly reQ for a daily random dungeon.
  • Perpatratur
    Perpatratur
    Soul Shriven
    I have to agree. Levelling another toon and wanting to hop into a few dungeons as I am sure most people do. I am often kicked before the loading of the dungeon has taken place. This can only be down to my low level. To then have to wait another 15 minutes seems unfair.
    Options
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get screwed by the activity finder almost daily... 4 times yesterday actually.

queued as a tank for the v daily... wouldn't let me join the dungeon because "the instance is full"
    queued as a tank for the normal daily... put me in a group of 5 and i couldn't join the dungeon again...
    same story 2 other times as a healer for the dailies..

this needs to get fixed asap. getting screwed into an extra HOUR of wait time is insane. I could maybe understand the cooldown timer if the group finder actually worked.... but it doesn't.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
    Options
  • Antianara
    Antianara
    Soul Shriven
    Just a quick update there - I have been q'd for almost an hour my group pops while I am in combat the group kicks me because it takes 20 seconds for me to finish killing the pats. Dungeon cool down and it looks like no random today again.

Seriously?
    Options
  • Antianara
    Antianara
    Soul Shriven
    If you are one of these people would it really kill you to at least refuse the VTK rather than be a sheep? I constantly refuse to kick when the vote is mere impatience and until this is fixed it is the only way it can be stopped.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Q all the time and it works fine for me. Sometimes it screws up when I group Q with less than 4 members.
    Options