The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So sick of being kicked from groups I'm done for now

Deathgiggle
Deathgiggle
✭✭✭
I wait 45 minutes in que only to be kicked and then receive a 15 minute penalty. I just waited in que this morning and finally got into a group. I join the voice channel and hear someone say to the others, we could do this a lot faster if we drop the level 80 and get a 400-500. Another guy says "you don't wanna just see what happens first?" Then I tell them I been to this place several times and know all the strats. They ignore me and then I hear someone say "oh come on you really wanna do that?" "Yeah come on it'll be faster just do it."
Then BAM I'm removed from group with the message my group members voted to kick me. It ports me out and I can't que cause of the penalty timer. No big deal had this happen a time or two before so I fish while I wait and then finally the penalty is over and I re-que. Wait about 10 minutes and get into a group but before I can even leave Grahtwood and port there one guy says we gonna do the normal and then the vet after? Someone else says yeah that's fine and then the first guy says well we need to drop this level 80 cause he won't be able to do the vet. I tell them I'll leave after the normal but 5 seconds later I get removed from the group and PENALTY AGAIN!

You know, it's really enough to make a person feel like crap cause I have very limited time to play the game. I only got to log in this morning cause my wife was at work but she will be home in a few minutes and I just wasted my gametime
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    What platform / server you on?
  • Special_XYZ
    Special_XYZ
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that people kicked from the group receive a penalty is mind boggling. It should only be for those who leave the group. I thought this would be obvious to ZOS.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The other day I was kicked from a 5 man group, then had to wait to queue again. Then two time in a row immediately after I queued, but was unable to port to the dungeon because the "instance was full", even though they were only 4 man groups.

Biggest troll in ESO is the group finder.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭
    man if your on Xbox my boys and i would be happy to run you through any content your keen to do :) hit me up with a message bro i gotcha back
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I wait 45 minutes in que only to be kicked and then receive a 15 minute penalty. I just waited in que this morning and finally got into a group. I join the voice channel and hear someone say to the others, we could do this a lot faster if we drop the level 80 and get a 400-500. Another guy says "you don't wanna just see what happens first?" Then I tell them I been to this place several times and know all the strats. They ignore me and then I hear someone say "oh come on you really wanna do that?" "Yeah come on it'll be faster just do it."
    Then BAM I'm removed from group with the message my group members voted to kick me. It ports me out and I can't que cause of the penalty timer. No big deal had this happen a time or two before so I fish while I wait and then finally the penalty is over and I re-que. Wait about 10 minutes and get into a group but before I can even leave Grahtwood and port there one guy says we gonna do the normal and then the vet after? Someone else says yeah that's fine and then the first guy says well we need to drop this level 80 cause he won't be able to do the vet. I tell them I'll leave after the normal but 5 seconds later I get removed from the group and PENALTY AGAIN!

You know, it's really enough to make a person feel like crap cause I have very limited time to play the game. I only got to log in this morning cause my wife was at work but she will be home in a few minutes and I just wasted my gametime

For this reason I don't join groups, I create them.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • VailedTuba32765
    That's a bummer man, I hate the group finder yet I love groups. I have been fairly lucky just using the zone chat to find groups of my level and have the highest lvl lead the grp if you are looking to go to dungeons. I to have little time being a dad and all that comes with. Still it does take patients sometimes, if I don't get a grp fast i'll solo or work on main story quests. I'm only lvl 35 though on my first character so its a little easier to get a grp probably in a zone of my lvl. Also if i don't have much time will join a alliance war in Cryodiil, sometimes you will quickly get into a grp of 20 people and get right into the action storming a keep which can be an absolute riot. Hang in there, try to have fun.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    man if your on Xbox my boys and i would be happy to run you through any content your keen to do :) hit me up with a message bro i gotcha back

Same. If xb eu drop me a line we'll cart you through any dungeon, normal trial doesn't matter. Just need people willing to give it a go. We've all been there. Lol at high levels needing 4 of them for darkshade. Probably didn't finish it. Takes 2 people 20 mins.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fella get yourself in a good guild, be gone with playing with randoms if they like that. I only dungeon with mates for that reason

If ur EU X1 happy to do one with ya a couple of my guys.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, look at all the Xbox player stepping up to the plate and offering to help out! You folks are great examples for the community!

I'd do the same, but I'm on PC and from what you describe OP it sounds like you're a console player.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people are just not worth playing with. Sure it sucks to be kicked, but with team mates like that....

Also, the penalty is not the real problem here. Yes, it's useless, badly-designed and extremely annoying, but the real issue is toxic players and the effect they have on others and the game as a whole.

There are plenty of decent people around to group with. Let these fools have their special group. They sound like miserable people anyway. I'd much rather run a dungeon with low-level people that are having fun, than with a group of rude idiots that treat the game like a job, and want to be carried by a CP500 while claiming they're so great.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get to grinding/questing for cp like the rest of us did. I don't blame them at all. I wouldn't want to go in with a possible handicap and waste my time either.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Get to grinding/questing for cp like the rest of us did. I don't blame them at all. I wouldn't want to go in with a possible handicap and waste my time either.

On darkshade caverns? Really? Seems like you need practice if you consider one low level and handicap. As for grinding cp seriously shut up. Perhaps consider not everyone has sat on the game since day 1. You know people are still buying the game and starting out now right. GG and maintaining a growing community.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be a pretty terrible player if you consider having a CP80 in a dungeon group to be a possible handicap...

In my experience the people who won't group with people below max level for group dungeons are invariably the people who need to be carried through them.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ yep. Probably still got his master wizard as max level title.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please provide an ETA for when this will be fixed. I believe I have seen you guys mention this was not intentional.

The only players that should get a lockout see those who drop the group and if the group is disbanded, the person who disbanded the group. (Though I don't think it should be permitted to allow someone to disband a GF formed group)
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the penalty timer for being kicked is definitely something that has to go ASAP, and frankly those people all sound like jerks. I always give people a chance first, and if the Healer doesn't heal at all for example no one will kick them faster or more happily than me (you should absolutely never sign up for a job you're not fully prepared to do), but not even giving people a chance? That's low, plain and simple, anyone who does that is a selfish prick.
    Edited by Lucius_Aelius on September 1, 2016 5:19PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that people kicked from the group receive a penalty is mind boggling. It should only be for those who leave the group. I thought this would be obvious to ZOS.

Yes, ZOS got it wrong on this one. The penalty is to be for the people who quit the group prematurely. It is how it is in other MMO's I have played
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS please change this so that only the leavers will receive the penalty, not kicked people!!! Also when the group leader disbands the group, noone should get the penalty!!!

This does not make any sense!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please provide an ETA for when this will be fixed. I believe I have seen you guys mention this was not intentional.

The only players that should get a lockout see those who drop the group and if the group is disbanded, the person who disbanded the group. (Though I don't think it should be permitted to allow someone to disband a GF formed group)
    Hmm, update 12 hit PTS today - has anyone checked to see if you still get the penalty when you're kicked on PTS?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I just don't understand this mindset. It's a video game, we're all just having fun throwing spells at extra-dimensional meanies. Is your time really so astonishingly precious that a slightly lower-level player will just ruin your day? Why are you even using the group finder or pugging at all if you're just too important to be bothered with a player that is under the cap? I understand not wanting to let underleveled players into a trials leaderboard run, but for a 4-man dungeon? WTH?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • bigz888
    bigz888
    Soul Shriven
    Funny thing is that I've been grouped up with so many 400-531CP and they clueless on how to play the game, just heavy attacking, steel tornado on a single target boss, radiant on bosses at over 50%, ambush in pve against immune adds, standing at the back spamming snipe... The list could go on. Some players still don't know the mechanics for some dungeons n they have over 400CP. Just shows that CP doesn't mean your a great player
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Hmm, update 12 hit PTS today - has anyone checked to see if you still get the penalty when you're kicked on PTS?

It's still down for maintenance, not live yet.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

It's still down for maintenance, not live yet.
    Ah, I see... Well hopefully it's at least updating for me while I'm here at work. I might try to test that out tonight.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have more fun running with random people that are just out to have fun. I don't run dungeons often, so I'd rather have a bit of fun, learn some mechanics and die a few times from silly mistakes. When it gets too serious, it's just not fun anymore.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is obligatory for every thread like this......If you quit can i have your stuff?
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ yep. Probably still got his master wizard as max level title.

Shehai Shatterer :)
    Edited by templesus on September 1, 2016 5:44PM
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did Cradle of Shadows the other day with a level 12 tank and a level 11 healer. We had a few deaths along the way, but a good time was had by all.

Requiring 500CP for dungeons just highlights your own weakness.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry you get kicked from groups . That's no fun . :(
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This happens cause it's just a flat 15 min timer that starts when the group is formed. It's a stupid setup. The timer shouldn't start till the first kill happens, and even then should only affect people that willingly leave the group
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    I did Cradle of Shadows the other day with a level 12 tank and a level 11 healer. We had a few deaths along the way, but a good time was had by all.

Requiring 500CP for dungeons just highlights your own weakness.

That's a normal dungeon..
This discussion has been closed.