Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

• SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of issues fixed but now lag on some of my alts. I had broken mementos on my main since DB that finally got fixed, seems like emotes work more often too, not much lag otherwise. On my alts, I now have silhouette players for a bit when loading plus lag, and at least a 3 second delay when playing any emotes.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jcorv58 wrote: »
    A lot of issues fixed but now lag on some of my alts. I had broken mementos on my main since DB that finally got fixed, seems like emotes work more often too, not much lag otherwise. On my alts, I now have silhouette players for a bit when loading plus lag, and at least a 3 second delay when playing any emotes.

3 seconds.. about the same time it takes textures to load. The magic number eh?
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    At times, the lag inside Veteran Maelstrom Arena makes it impossible to play.

A lot of weird things have happened in my last 9 runs:
    -Not being able to interrupt NPC by bashing. (Essentially results in you bashing 3-4 times at him with nothing happening and dying)
    -Random blue screen crash that us PS4 user have grown accustom to seeing.
    -Struggling to enter overload mode. (Have to press 3-4 times)
    -In Overload: can't do any light attack. The arm animation shows the light attack, but nothing is firing.
    -In Overload: can't do any light attack. The full animation is showing but the NPC are not taking any damage.
    -In Overload: Everything working as intended but still see my dual wield weapons...
    -Streaking through the map (Stage 7) and couldn't see anything.
    -Liquid Lightning : The circle would appear at the ground, but no Liquid Lightning.
    -Liquid Lightning : The actual Liquid Lightning only appearing 2-3 seconds after the circle appearing at the ground.

Other skills something don't trigger like they should, somewhat like Liquid Lightning. Seems to happen more often when the lag is bad and you are cancelling your skills with a barswap or blocking.

I saved clips of a few of those weird behaviours.

PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is lagging unplayable bad but I also experience a lot of lag in Maelstrom arena. I wonder why the performance is this bad. ZOS doesn't offer any help or solutions, probably being busy with adding stuff to the crown store.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have character's faces always been getting stuck in whatever emote you use? I just noticed this today. I use the cheer and it stays in ugly smile, I use headache and it gets stuck with a sad face. Not to mention the delay when using emotes on all my alts, and only my alts for whatever dumb reason.
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea if it has been posted but "Vet Maelstrom" needs performance fixes on Playstation 4 NA drastically.I have done many runs 200+ for 3 days I got a resto staff with the sharpen trait on it that's not impossible but comparing to how many traits are in the game with the different combination of weapons you can have wow.does anyone about know if their is a thread that we can inform ZOS for bugs on VMSA if someone can direct me I would be greatly appreciated it :).
    Edited by Acid_Glow on September 11, 2016 9:06PM

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YautjaLanu wrote: »
    I have no idea if it has been posted but "Vet Maelstrom" needs performance fixes on Playstation 4 NA drastically.I have done many runs 200+ for 3 days I got a resto staff with the sharpen trait on it that's not impossible but comparing to how many traits are in the game with the different combination of weapons you can have wow.does anyone about know if their is a thread that we can inform ZOS for bugs on VMSA if someone can direct me I would be greatly appreciated it :).

@YautjaLanu there are many threads on VMA bugs in the general discussion just don't bother they will read it but not do a thing about it unless you are a famous streamer. this is one of the reasons tensions are so high on these forums.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    YautjaLanu wrote: »

@YautjaLanu there are many threads on VMA bugs in the general discussion just don't bother they will read it but not do a thing about it unless you are a famous streamer. this is one of the reasons tensions are so high on these forums.

Allright thank you @RAGUNAnoOne

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Since the latest patch PvP lag is now in the seconds. Great job guys.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a random loading screen in the middle of cyrodil yesterday, by the time I'd come out of it I'd obviously been killed. Thought that'd been dealt with? I also fell through the floor while using critical rush, I just continued to fall in a mad spiral for a couple of minutes before it put me back. Not really sure what happened there. I'd only charged towards the npcs in the centre of a resource...
    Edited by Cerbolt on September 15, 2016 7:32PM
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Any news from ZOS? What changed with the latest patch that made the game so unresponsive as now?
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still getting random loading screens. Just got endless one while fixing a keep wall.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    And don't forget the insane lag.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a lots of animation freeze's and latency with some time's 2 seconds screen freeze atm.
    weapon swap is even more terrible now than yesterday .
    overall the game feels like stuttering and struggling to move around .. especially when mounted

This is the most extensive right AFTER each maintenance since a month now for me .

Just wanted to report this
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile at ZOS...
    Lead Dev: Alright everyone, before we go into maintenance, let's draw from the hat to see what we'll break this time.
    Dev Jim: *drooling*
    *draws slip of paper from hat*
    LD: oooooo, looks like weapon swapping will stay bugged AND we'll be doing something new- When a player swings their weapons at enemies, it's like they'll be swinging at nothing, their hits won't register!
    *boardroom erupts in laughter*
    LD: Also, lets keep the lag again...
    Boardroom: What lag?
    *more laughter*
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, every patch and or maintenance will f#ck something up. Just this morning I noticed that my 'Eternal hunt' set doesn't produce a rune every dodge roll. Weapon swapping doesn't work half the time, has high latency.

Stop making stupid dlc's, fix the game.
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO at launch was perfect. Every major DLC has broken the game at some level since then. Performance is horrible for me.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

In order to help us track down the exact issues you’re seeing, we’d like to get some very specific information from you. If you’re running into invisible monsters and/or NPCs, if things are not fully loading in, or if you have extremely low FPS, please post exactly which area you’re experiencing this (and include which problem you’re having). The more specific you can be, the better.

Thanks in advance!

after event started i cant play eso only be disconected after a few second i tryed other games work Perfect like dc universe only in eso this happen. i play at ps4 in europe, think i tryed 30 times same think happen evrytime when i be disconcted it sat send a repport in a blue screen . i tryed evrything reinstalled eso deleted save option files, before event everything was Perfect, and as i say all other gaames work Perfect only eso give me error
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep I'm getting two second screen freezes and weapon attacks not registering as well. Started just after the maintenance :( it's like the game's struggling to run, maybe they finally pushed it too far.
    Edited by Cerbolt on October 15, 2016 5:31PM
    AD - For the Queen!

• Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cerbolt wrote: »
    Yep I'm getting two second screen freezes and weapon attacks not registering as well. Started just after the maintenance :( it's like the game's struggling to run, maybe they finally pushed it too far.

Started to get the screen freezes too, especially when killing multiple mobs, found that doing a full shutdown and restart of the ps4 stops it happening for a good while, though strangely, swapping out my gear for another set or using the dye station brings the screen freezes back immediately.

I'm wondering if the new dlc's have been coded with the slightly more powerful specs of the ps4 pro as a benchmark, if so, our normal ps4's may continue to have issues.
    Edited by Lunerdog on October 16, 2016 12:52PM
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    this is getting a bit unplayable , each time any mob or something dies 2 secs screen freeze while the action goes on resulting in dead in dungeon .

i'd really love to see a fix for that . Why is there always a serious flaw in gameperformance ?
    kinda frustrating this way
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    You people at Zenimax can go *** yourselfs, I'm done!
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    I still crash immediately when the game loads, havent been able to play since the T1 update, and support? there is no real support, countless ticket and they all tell me they same things..hold the xbox buttone down or clear save game. Support is useless.
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

For me and several I play with, we have termed it 'destro lag'. Very specifically, in dungeons and trials, if you don't execute a /reloadui in the chat prompt, you will have destro lag if you use one. Anytime something dies from a destro attack, it's what I see.

Also, any word on the screen freezes and system to blue screen in trials? That is really getting hugely annoying, especially on the twins fight in vMOL. Its dumb that the screen freezes and bluescreens win the day in vMOL almost every time we go in there.

As an example, on Sunday of this past week, around 9 eastern time, my group experienced what we now call the DC Monster. 5 to 6 people would DC on each and every pull of the twins. It would start with one or two, then by execute time, 3 or 4 more would drop. Each and every time. During the week, it is there, but not nearly as bad. Saturday and Sunday, forget it, don't even bother anymore.
  • luke.lachanceb14_ESO
    luke.lachanceb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    For the last week or so i've been getting this weird lag.Game runs fine for me for a while when i first log in.After a while though,whenever i kill a mob i get a 1 second lag spike when it dies. Killing groups of mobs is just unbearable.Even doing something like an anchor is just too annoying at this point.

Hope this gets sorted out soon,makes it unplayable for me.

*UPDATE*

Nm. I found what the problem is.It's when i use a polymorph to change my appearence.Only way to stop it is to close out ESO and log back in.At least i know what causes it for me and is easily avoidable for now.

Oddly enough it seems to do the same thing if i switch characters without completely closing ESO out as well.
    Edited by luke.lachanceb14_ESO on October 27, 2016 6:27PM
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Thornblade (EU) is unplayable atm , way to much lag . it's a slide show .
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For the last week or so i've been getting this weird lag.Game runs fine for me for a while when i first log in.After a while though,whenever i kill a mob i get a 1 second lag spike when it dies. Killing groups of mobs is just unbearable.Even doing something like an anchor is just too annoying at this point.

I have this same issue but it's on and off. I was in Cyrodiil one night with out much issue. I then decide to do DSA and had so much lag with the mobs it was nearly unplayable and the lag definitely worsens when the mobs die. I get a few seconds delay.

I noticed last night when I did Darkshade was that if I attacked from the distance I did not lag as much. But If I used puncturing sweeps the lag worsened.
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Latest advice of CS, reinstall the game. Are these people out of their minds or what?
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    no maintenance this week for ps4 ?
    there's much lag since yesterday evening , mounting & dismounting and some class abilities have effect like a second or two later . Game freezes sometimes in combat (especially when using AoE)
    the game performance is bad , i don't wanna play the game like this
    i mean i logged in and getting way to frustrated in 10 mins time i don't wanna bother anymore , this game IS NOT for ps4 should have kept it that way ESO

am i the only one experiencing this or what ? other online games run smooth with my it connection ..
    i tested my connection on ps4 it sais 8.6 Mbps down and 2.0 up .
    if this is to low to play ESO why not specify a minimum speed when selling boxes ?

so , am i the only one having weapon swap animation delayed each time for a true second ??

This is nearly 2017 but online game developers didn't yet figured a reliable and fast package distribution from their damn servers over the ocean !
    Sorry but i need to vent out the rage in me caused by this kind of performance in modern days game's

Edited by DPG76 on November 21, 2016 8:55PM
  • sqbi
    sqbi
    Soul Shriven
    Can anyone from Zenimax studio honor us with an answer WTF is going on? I can't play the game on my PS4 since yesterday. Everytime I log in I'm getting an error and the game crashes. There is no official word about this issue yet and that's just not cool and not fair to us players.

Right now the game is completely unplayable and waste of my money.