The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which vet mode of the vanilla dungeons are you excited about the most (Update 12)?

• juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    Function wrote: »
    Vaults of Madness of course, I love the mechanics of the last boss.

What mechanics? He dies in 4.58 seconds

He havnt died so fast when game was released. And he'll not die fast after making Vaults vet mode.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    SO excited to have a tougher version of this dungeon.

Also very curious as to why the amount of new monster sets don't match how many normal dungeons we currently have without vet modes. HHMMMMMMM?

Seriously, last time I did this dungeon we explained the mechanics to a new player with us, but we ended up killing him before the mechanics happened... lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness

Your DPS sucks then :p

(jk)
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    code65536 wrote: »
    Of the 16 base-game dungeons, 8 have story sequels, 8 do not have sequels, and your poll is showing the 8 dungeons without sequels.

When they say they are adding vet modes to all the dungeons, it means that they are adding vet difficulty modes to all 16 of the normal dungeons. I.e., they will be the exact same story, same quest, same enemies--but with a higher difficulty scaling. They are not adding story sequels to the 8 dungeons that don't have them (though it is possible that they might add a sequel to one of the 8; it all depends on whether the 17 that they speak of is a miscommunication or a hint of a yet-unreleased detail).

I'll have to watch the videos a third time. I didn't draw the same conclusions that you have, but I'm probably wrong.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless there is a confirmed continuation to the stories of the various dungeons, I'm unlikely to be excited by any of them beyond what loot they drop.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    Daveheart wrote: »
    Of the 16 base-game dungeons, 8 have story sequels, 8 do not have sequels, and your poll is showing the 8 dungeons without sequels.

When they say they are adding vet modes to all the dungeons, it means that they are adding vet difficulty modes to all 16 of the normal dungeons. I.e., they will be the exact same story, same quest, same enemies--but with a higher difficulty scaling. They are not adding story sequels to the 8 dungeons that don't have them (though it is possible that they might add a sequel to one of the 8; it all depends on whether the 17 that they speak of is a miscommunication or a hint of a yet-unreleased detail).

I'll have to watch the videos a third time. I didn't draw the same conclusions that you have, but I'm probably wrong.

@Daveheart It definitely is how code explained it. They are just making ALL dungeons have a normal mode and a vet mode. This means for example, Wayrest Story 1 will have a normal mode and vet mode, and then Wayrest Story 2 will have a normal mode and a vet mode. They aren't adding the second half of the story to all the dungeons currently lacking it. Although as code mentioned, the math doesn't add up for how many new monster sets we are getting.. so we are thinking/hoping this means there will be a new "2nd half of the story" dungeon.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempest Island
    I think tempest island is the best dungeon in the game, its beautiful, vertical and has the most sweeping changes throughout. Been waiting on that forever it seems
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    VoM.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackheart Haven
    If it's only a harder version of the same thing, none.

I want the "vet story mode" of all of them.

^^This, so much this.

Although I must admit to being slightly interested in just how hard Captain Blackheart can be! :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    I just like this story and boss in particular, although I will admit VOM is pretty epic.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Daveheart wrote: »

@Daveheart It definitely is how code explained it. They are just making ALL dungeons have a normal mode and a vet mode. This means for example, Wayrest Story 1 will have a normal mode and vet mode, and then Wayrest Story 2 will have a normal mode and a vet mode. They aren't adding the second half of the story to all the dungeons currently lacking it. Although as code mentioned, the math doesn't add up for how many new monster sets we are getting.. so we are thinking/hoping this means there will be a new "2nd half of the story" dungeon.

If that's the case, and there would need to be one additional story 2, VoM is a likely candidate. I believe that was what they were working on for after CoA before they reorganized the dev team and came up with the DLC/ b2p model.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene's Web
    I want to rescue Selene :)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direfrost Keep
    I LOVE Ice-themed stuff. This dungeon will have a monster set derived from the Frost Atronach, Iceheart.

Had it not been for that, I'd have chosen Vaults of Madness! :)
    Edited by Vaoh on August 22, 2016 4:58PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we do get a sequel, I'd like for it to be either Volenfell, Vaults, or Selene, as those are the three dungeons whose original stories ended with unresolved plots and loose ends. Volenfell, in particular, ended on a cliffhanger--we run to escape a horde of undead to... reach the quest turn-in?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Are these new vet dungeon going have a new story quest to complete for skill point

Or

They just using the same story quest from normal dungeon and increase the difficulty like they did for WGT and IPC
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direfrost Keep
    I really like the ice and snow. So Direfrost Keep im really looking forward to. And 2nd must be Blackheart Haven, its also a very cool and good looking dungeon :)
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    VoM design is absolute gold,
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Joysheeped
    Joysheeped
    ✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    Asmael wrote: »
    The vaults. Because...

b3ee6af220.png

This!
    Khajiit Magicka NB :O
  • deadlock007
    deadlock007
    ✭✭✭
    Blessed Crucible
    It could be like a mini DSA :) Looking forward to Vaults too of course (really all of them lol)
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    My vote is entirely dependent on the story for each being extended.

If vet mode is simply more enemy health to blast through and a few more mechanic hoops then color me meh.
    Edited by sekou_trayvond on August 22, 2016 7:26PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    juhasman wrote: »

He havnt died so fast when game was released. And he'll not die fast after making Vaults vet mode.

This right here is the reason why Vaults of Madness is the one I'm looking forward to the most. I miss the overall difficulty of the game back at release.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    VOM for sure. Its my favorite for sure. I still remember the first time I fell off the bridge...It was awesome.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    But I do really Wonder how it will feel to have the normal story mode in veteran mode... I do feel it might get confusing ...

CP 561 DPS lf veteran (normal) Vault of Madness ... That is unlikely to feel good...

If they were to add a Nightmare mode and at that level give acces to the two story, that I would like ! but since there ain't such a huge difference inbetween the difficulty of normal and veteran mode (as far as most dungeon goes). I would simply implement a Nightmare Mode with two level of difficulty, normal mode Nightmare, and veteran mode Nightmare and keep the normal and veteran mode as they used to be.
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on August 22, 2016 7:44PM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    Vaults of Madness without question.

The one I really hate, with all my strengths, is Tempest Island. It blinks too much which is not healthy for me
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajwest927 wrote: »
    Are these new vet dungeon going have a new story quest to complete for skill point

Or

They just using the same story quest from normal dungeon and increase the difficulty like they did for WGT and IPC
    The latter - given that they are adding "veteran" versions of 17 dungeons all at once, I'm pretty sure that they will not have time to create new story/bosses/mechanics etc for them. Remember that when we previously got new Vet dungeons, they only did one or two per major update (quite a while ago).
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    Vaults of Madness will always be my favorite dungeon.

I am sad it's just a veteran version of the same exact thing, though. I hope they add a storyline continuation to it someday.

Although I don't think they will add any actual content unless they can sell it as DLC, and I am not sure how that would work with the base game dungeons, so I am sadly not holding my breath. :(
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness
    Vaults!!! I have two more toons I need undaunted on. It's been so long, I need to listen to the stories this time around. Haha
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempest Island
    Tempest Island and Volenfell.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to all of them. It will be interesting to see how many people die because they haven't seen the mechanics in a long while :D

If we are talking the vet extension of the story I have to go with Selene's Web, you just know that guy is going to be trouble.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    None - This is awful. It means the one set of shoulders I've spent months grinding to get, will be diluted to near impossible chance.

Once there are a bunch of new shoulders on key rotation, the odds of getting the one you want significantly decreases.