Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

What do you expect from the revamped Craglorn?

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we know we can expect to find items that drop with nirnhoned trait. =D Too bad this wasn't around when I needed them.
    We're working on some things for One Tamriel and Update 12 that will make Nirnhoned and Nirncrux more readily available than it is now. We'll share specifics after we put out the official Update 12 announcement.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Concerning this requests to remove the group requirements.

I do agree that this group barriers are kind lame, like two people standing in the same place at the same time. But asking to make it soloable would require to remove any kind of group coordenation that the delve/quest/dungeon may require. Doesn't it would make que content even more lame and easy?
    There's no real coordination required to get 4 people to stand on 4 slabs at the same time to open a door. Aside from those door-opening restrictions, someone with a good build is already able to solo Craglorn. As I said above, making it soloable by removing the group requirements for opening doors wouldn't need to remove the group focus of the content in general, so wouldn't make it any easier.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casual rp theme park.
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully add Craglorn to Dungeon Queue.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that a huge number, if not the majority of players, are solo players... I would hope they would revamp Craglorn to be exactly like Orsinium... a solo zone with 'more difficult' Group bosses. Some people suggest keeping it group focused, but ZOS sees the numbers and can tell what players are playing what content... and they've surely seen by now that a 'group oriented' zone is a FAIL for ESO because of the type of players playing the game- as in solo players. ZOS doesn't want to see a zone go to waste, and that would be a zone that only a small number of people play, and that's exactly what Craglorn was before the 'revamp'.

I also wanted to add, before people jump on and say, "well I belong to several guilds and we all want group content"... obviously group-oriented guilds will draw group-oriented players, so what you're seeing is a microcosm at work. But when you look at the numbers... even if you belonged to five guilds with 500 players each, that's only 2500 players. Now consider ESO has over 7M 'Accounts', that 2500 isn't even remotely close to being 1% of the player population. Which means that, while you're engaging in your group activities, you're not even aware of all the other players that are playing the game. So judging simply based upon what you play, is not a good indicator of how the rest of the players play... but ZOS has access to those numbers, to know who is playing what content, who is grouping, etc. If they see that an overwhelming majority of players are not grouping, are not doing group content, then it is clear what the majority of players are NOT playing.
    Edited by ADarklore on August 10, 2016 12:51PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    I expect it to be completely soloable. Last time I was there half a year ago and it was just a pain to find the group for questing. So solo zone makes more sense.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    How about making craghorn an open world pvp zone. Then they can use that zone to implement some sort of justice system. We have a lot of pve only quest zones. How about a pvp quest zone?

I doubt they'd do this since so many quest would have to be changed. Also the number of overland mobs would have to be reduced. Otherwise you'd just have an even worse version of IC.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lagg.
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Id' like to see it soloable in theory (i.e. no mechanics stopping you...), but not in practice (at least not at current CP cap).

I'd like to see real menace, so that if you go there on your own at level 50 with no CP then you will get killed if you aren't very careful and stick to the roads.

I'd like to see some real reward (XP and drops) that make it relevant again (as it was when it was the only way to finish the VR grind).

And keep the split between Upper and Lower Craglorn, with a hefty increase in difficulty... "Those welva used to be ***, and now they hit like trucks?"

Unfortunately we won't get that because they'll implement battle-levelling so everything is set to easy mode :(
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I expect a proper group zone where the difficulty is tuned for a group of 4 but none of the artificial barriers like needing 3 people to stand on a switch. If you can solo the mobs/bosses then more power to you but this should be a very difficult task.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on August 10, 2016 1:53PM
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should make the overland similar to Orsinium. Normal mobs intended for solo play. World bosses intended for large, but often uncoordinated, PUG groups. Add a daily quest to kill a World Boss. People can share the quests if they want to do all of the World Bosses. Convert two of the less popular delves into public dungeons.

The 4-man instanced, repeatable delves like Shada's Tear, Skyreach Hold, etc., should be scaled up to Cradle of Shadows/Ruins of Mazzatun difficulty. That is, harder than the base game dungeons like Wayrest Sewers or Elden Hollow, but not an unreasonable challenge for group-oriented players.

I think Craglorn has aspects that can apply to many different play styles.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    I'm afraid they rework it to more solo-friendly zone. Just becouse "Adventure Zone" turned out big fail. Thats why Murkmire(next adventure zone) has been postponed.

They added "group" content to the solo DLCs in the form of world bosses. And what you see are people zerging them down. I prefer to do the world bosses solo or with just one or two other people, but during prime playing time, that's almost impossible.

Frankly, I don't care if the open-world content is group or not, because, well, it's open-world. I love group content in this game, but only private instances, where it's just my group with no outside interference, and where a proper setup (with a tank and healer) matters. Dungeons and trials, mostly. The Craglorn delves are also instanced, which is refreshing compared to the other zones, and I hope it stays that way.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like the ability to do all the zone and story quests in any order. That's about the only thing that will bring me to do any of them.

My biggest issue is worrying about having to do the same content multiple times per character just to complete the zone. For instance say I find a group and we are all on the first quest, we finish the first and the second story quest and break off. Now to continue I either must have the same group, worry about finding others that are on the third quest like me, or more likely help others do quests one and two so they can help me with the third. But then this new group ends when they get their one or two quest done and I am left having wasted time looking for group, playing with group but making no progress on my own story line.

Whether or not it will actually happen like that, I have no clue because I refuse to find out. And yeah I know others have done it, but others have done a lot of things I wont do too. Now if I knew I could complete all content there in any order(it may even be possible to now, but I don't know), I would be happy to complete the zone on all characters.

I'm not asking for the zone to be a solo zone, I just want to complete it without hours upon hours of wasted(no progress) time.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Runs The storyline is reasonably open. Assuming you have done The Star-Gazers (the intro quest), you can then do The Corrupted Stone, The Warrior's Call, Elemental Army, and The Shattered and the Lost in Lower Craglorn, and The Serpent's Fang and Slithering Brood in Upper Craglorn, in any order.

You need to have completed the four Lower Craglorn quests to do The Missing Guardian, and you need to have completed the two Upper Craglorn quests and The Missing Guardian to do Dawn of the Exalted Viper. Finally you need to have completed Dawn of the Exalted Viper to do The Time-Lost Warrior. Anyone can help you with those last three; they don't need to have the quest or have done any of the previous quests as long as they are grouped with someone who is doing them (of course, they won't get the quest credit at the end).

So that's six story quests you can do in any order, and three story quests you can do with any group. Of course beyond that, you have the 12 daily side quests that you can do too, and there's no prerequisites for any of those.

Edited by Enodoc on August 10, 2016 5:22PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs to remain group focused, increase the overall difficulty, make it like an entire zone of Wrothgar bosses. Switches that need 4 players should remain, there should BE NO SOLO OPTION. Craglorn is an adventure zone, keep it that way. You have the rest of the pve to do solo.

Make the loot worthwhile, the biggest problem with Craglorn isn't the experience and lack of challenge, it's that there was never a single loot drop that one HAD TO HAVE from any coffer. Even Warlock was easier to get from doing AA than bothering to farm anything. The coffers you got from doing the repeatable quests were a joke.

Make motifs a thing. Yokeda, First Mage, and Serpent need to be style motifs that drop from various delves and quests throughout the zone.

More repeatables. those group delves are great, now amp up the challenge, make a daily/weekly and make sure it drops something worthwhile.

That's pretty much it.
    Edited by Shadesofkin on August 10, 2016 5:10PM
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Runs The storyline is reasonably open. Assuming you have done The Star-Gazers (the intro quest), you can then do The Corrupted Stone, The Warrior's Call, Elemental Army, and The Shattered and the Lost in Lower Craglorn, and The Serpent's Fang and Slithering Brood in Upper Craglorn, in any order.

You need to have completed the four Lower Craglorn quests to do The Missing Guardian, and you need to have completed the two Upper Craglorn quests and The Missing Guardian to do Dawn of the Exalted Viper. Finally you need to have completed Dawn of the Exalted Viper to do The Time-Lost Warrior. Anyone can help you with those last three; they don't need to have the quest or have done any of the previous quests as long as they are grouped with someone who has done them (of course, they won't get the quest credit at the end).

So that's six story quests of can do in any order, and three story quests you can do with any group. Of course beyond that, you have the 12 daily side quests that you can do too, and there's no prerequisites for any of those.

Thank you, that's good to know. Maybe now I can get over the anxiety and just do it. :D
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    There's no real coordination required to get 4 people to stand on 4 slabs at the same time to open a door. Aside from those door-opening restrictions, someone with a good build is already able to solo Craglorn. As I said above, making it soloable by removing the group requirements for opening doors wouldn't need to remove the group focus of the content in general, so wouldn't make it any easier.
    agree.gif

Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect most content being extremely unstable as a result of them cranking out additional DLC too quickly, and not properly maintaining their servers, or patching known issues.
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    How about making craghorn an open world pvp zone. Then they can use that zone to implement some sort of justice system. We have a lot of pve only quest zones. How about a pvp quest zone?

I doubt they'd do this since so many quest would have to be changed. Also the number of overland mobs would have to be reduced. Otherwise you'd just have an even worse version of IC.

Agreed. But that wouldn't be hard to do and they have to do that anyways if they make it a solo zone.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the barren, underpopulated feel of Craglorn. There are more Stuffed Camel Heads in the zone than there are people.

Yep, totally camels...

justice_stolen_trophy_001.png

One Tamriel is going to totally *** that up. All the guild RVs are going to move in and there are going to be campfires and broken food and potion vials and drunk naked dogging Nords everywhere. Total environmental disaster just waiting to happen.

Craglorn's a really beautiful *** - up when you think about it. Like, it's not my favorite zone but it's fun to wander around and the thieving is exceptional. I sold 323 Stuffed Camel Heads just last week. That's like 16 heads for every other player I saw.
    signing off
    Options
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd add the Martial Knowledge style as motif and also (since we're talking about it...) update it to CP160, please! (And also all the other forgotten sets like the Air and Fire...)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day in Craglorn I would skirt enemies to not aggro because of their power and likelihood of being rekd by them. Nowadays I just plow on through without a second thought. I want them buffd back up.

#stopthenerfs
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Been running all the group delves in Craglorn solo lately because i somehow missed most of the skyshards there.

What i would like to see (not just in Craglorn) is a solo option for all group dungeons that allows for difficult but doable content.
    They could simply scale the difficulty and rewards with the number of group members, meaning the drop rate for set pieces etc. would increase with the size of your group.

That way, everyone can enjoy new content and there wouldn't be the current solo/group DLC divide.
    shades.gif

I wish EVERY group instance in the whole game was like this; folks would not have to wait near as long in the group queue, and solo folks could still experience the content, even if the challenge and rewards weren't as good.
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loved Craglorn when it first came out. It was actually kind of fun that you could be killed by an angry wasp it you went off on your own and weren't careful. Shada kicked our butts several times, and forget going into any of the group instances by yourself.

I hope they make things hard enough to kill that a group is required, but I am with everyone on the remove the artificial stand in 2 places at once requirements.

I hope they give scaled loot and all the Craglorn motifs.

I hope all delves and dungeons should remain group content. I hate public delves when you are just about to get to the boss and someone just nuked it before you got there and then /lute while you wait...

I hope they don't add any differentiation between upper and lower Craglorn.

Honestly I would be ok if they just add 1,000 k health and 600 spell power/weapon power to everything call it CP 160 and make it drop CP 160 loot and motifs.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope all delves and dungeons should remain group content. I hate public delves when you are just about to get to the boss and someone just nuked it before you got there and then /lute while you wait...
    Personally I hope they make the delves public but don't change the difficulty. That way, when you're in a delve by yourself and come across a tough boss, it would be possible for a random to come along and help you out. With the delves being instanced right now, spontaneous assistance like that is not possible. And if the group-based difficulty is retained, rolling up and outright nuking the boss shouldn't really be possible either. Win-win :)
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For it to be removed from the base game and added to the crown store for 2500 crowns and all your achievements and trails and all that stuff to be wiped from your character.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few of the Craglorn delve bosses are harder than any pledge boss in the game. Harder than Valkyn Skoria harder than bodgen with a vampire. Certainly harder than the two new dungeon bosses in Cradle and Mazattan. I do most pledges in 20 to 30 minutes and a few of the Craglorn bosses I just gave up after our groups could not kill it. Never did go back. Others are way too easy so they have a lot of work ahead of them trying to balance Craglorn.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn needs to be made harder, not kept the same. There are 3x zones at the moment that cater to players who wish to do things themselves, we know that they will almost certainly keep the difficutly of Vvardenfell at a level that any 160 can do it, Craglorn revamped should be the ultimate group place, the home of 3x trials should not be Solo Friendly.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: What do you expect from the revamped Craglorn?

A: (1) Bugs, glitches, and exploits (2) Overprices crown store options (3) Enough content to keep me amused for about two weeks...at most
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people who continue arguing to keep Cragorn 'group focused' keep forgetting that ZOS wants to make the game available to EVERYONE no matter how they play- that was a big focus of Matt Firor's comments in this article... where he mentioned 'solo' four times. However, as Craglorn is now, his statement "If you want to play it solo, like you did with other Elder Scrolls games, you can do that." is wrong because you cannot complete Craglorn solo because of the multi-player switches. Furthermore, they are making ALL Tamriel battle-leveled, which will INCLUDE Craglorn... so making one zone more difficult than the others is already a non-starter.

ZOS 'knows' how many players are playing Craglorn grouped, and considering they've already decided AGAINST any future 'group' zones... this means that they know how big of a FAIL Craglorn currently is for the overwhelming majority of players. They are not going to keep a zone that alienates the majority just to appease a minority, it would be a big waste and lost opportunity for ZOS. We don't know what ZOS has in mind, but if they plan to include any 'player housing' in Craglorn, it would be a poor decision to keep it a group only zone on top of the other numerous reasons not to keep it group only.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options