The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you expect from the revamped Craglorn?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the density of overworld mobs to remain the same or slightly increase so that it encourages grouping but doesn't actually require it.

Can I get the details on your build? Cause the Mobs already are almost entirely overwhelming for me, and you think they should be increased moreso? Just tonight I was listening in on a group from my Guild doing a run in Craglorn and Guild Chat was not pretty.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever they do to Craglorn, I hope I'll finally be able to finish it, it's been 2 years yet I still haven't finished it. Even if it's not soloable, I hope the changes creates an influx of players (however briefly) so I can get a group to do it.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More bugs.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave craglorn as it is. No problem with a zone that mix solo/groupplay (most dungeons in Craglorn are soloable). And to those who cry over not being able to find someone to do Craglornquest with, I suggest joining a guild and/or just ask zonechat. I´ve never experienced times when I haven´t found anyone to do the quests.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Leave craglorn as it is. No problem with a zone that mix solo/groupplay (most dungeons in Craglorn are soloable). And to those who cry over not being able to find someone to do Craglornquest with, I suggest joining a guild and/or just ask zonechat. I´ve never experienced times when I haven´t found anyone to do the quests.

Well ZOS has said it's going to be changed, we just don't know in what way yet.
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    How about making craghorn an open world pvp zone. Then they can use that zone to implement some sort of justice system. We have a lot of pve only quest zones. How about a pvp quest zone?

No thanks.
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppl will qq about the difficulty and request a nerf

they already do :(

I expect to see lag, loading screens, and more general gameplay issues. But I will try to remain optimistic.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Murkmire is being revamped to be a solo zone like Wrothgar, I'd assume Craglorn will get the same.

this is bull crap i am so done with this game. when craglorn launched it was packed and actually pulled people together. it made guilds stronger and promoted more community. Matt is making a huge mistake, its very sad to see any of this games vision being wiped away . there is plenty of solo questing content in this game. there is no second M in this MMO anymore. and dont say its catering to the majority of the population . the casual does not stay they churn . People who actually wanted to play an MMO are the ones that stay and spend money on ESO plus. this genre is doomed.
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I think a lot of people who continue arguing to keep Cragorn 'group focused' keep forgetting that ZOS wants to make the game available to EVERYONE no matter how they play- that was a big focus of Matt Firor's comments in this article... where he mentioned 'solo' four times. However, as Craglorn is now, his statement "If you want to play it solo, like you did with other Elder Scrolls games, you can do that." is wrong because you cannot complete Craglorn solo because of the multi-player switches. Furthermore, they are making ALL Tamriel battle-leveled, which will INCLUDE Craglorn... so making one zone more difficult than the others is already a non-starter.

ZOS 'knows' how many players are playing Craglorn grouped, and considering they've already decided AGAINST any future 'group' zones... this means that they know how big of a FAIL Craglorn currently is for the overwhelming majority of players. They are not going to keep a zone that alienates the majority just to appease a minority, it would be a big waste and lost opportunity for ZOS. We don't know what ZOS has in mind, but if they plan to include any 'player housing' in Craglorn, it would be a poor decision to keep it a group only zone on top of the other numerous reasons not to keep it group only.

I think this...

"this means that they know how big of a FAIL Craglorn currently is for the overwhelming majority of players"

...is a biased overstatement.

I have a feeling you are largely a solo player, and thus you have an agenda. However, this is an MMO and there SHOULD be group content. In fact, an contradiction to your statement, ZOS took a beating from a large portion of the player base for introducing Maelstrom, as most didn't want solo player content; especially solo player content with the best weapons locked behind it.

They just remastered Skyrim. If you want a solo player ES, go pick it up. There are no shortage of solo players games out there for all he antisocial turds who want an MMO to conform to them.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be revamped into a solo-able zone.
    Edited by nimander99 on August 11, 2016 2:23PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    However if they do not buff the experience you can earn up there, then no one is going to spend much time in that zone after they complete whatever content they do.

Because there are tons of players above the CP-cap, I don't think that the gained XP would be so important. I'd make group dungeons more worthy to do, so if anyone would need XP, they would choose grouping up for dungeons instead of solo grinding.

Craglorn should be the home of special, interesting set items, dropped by mobs, delve bosses or from the adventure places, with not much XP, but a quite higher demand of skills (if you want to solo the place). So some kind of open world hybrid form of the group dungeons.
    Edited by SirCritical on August 11, 2016 2:30PM
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Adventure Zones or not, the fact Murkmire (and Craglorn too, if rumours are to be believed) is being changed into a solo zone and how empty Craglorn was just 2-3 months after launch says a lot about how the majority of ESO players feel about them in their current state.

Not sure if it was in this thread, but there was someone who suggested that difficulty and rewards could scale to group size in Adventure Zones. That way solo players get what they want, group players get what they want, and everyone's happy.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on August 11, 2016 2:41PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Craglorn and group dungeons should not only scale based on the player with the highest level but also the number of players in the group so that groups of 2, for example, can do vet group dungeons.
    Edited by Leogon on August 11, 2016 3:25PM
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZOS 'knows' how many players are playing Craglorn grouped, and considering they've already decided AGAINST any future 'group' zones... this means that they know how big of a FAIL Craglorn currently is for the overwhelming majority of players.

It was only a fail because there are no rewards worth our time. Just like most of the stuff in this game isn't played because it isn't worth anything.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of people who continue arguing to keep Cragorn 'group focused' keep forgetting that ZOS wants to make the game available to EVERYONE no matter how they play- that was a big focus of Matt Firor's comments in this article... where he mentioned 'solo' four times. However, as Craglorn is now, his statement "If you want to play it solo, like you did with other Elder Scrolls games, you can do that." is wrong because you cannot complete Craglorn solo because of the multi-player switches. Furthermore, they are making ALL Tamriel battle-leveled, which will INCLUDE Craglorn... so making one zone more difficult than the others is already a non-starter.

ZOS 'knows' how many players are playing Craglorn grouped, and considering they've already decided AGAINST any future 'group' zones... this means that they know how big of a FAIL Craglorn currently is for the overwhelming majority of players. They are not going to keep a zone that alienates the majority just to appease a minority, it would be a big waste and lost opportunity for ZOS. We don't know what ZOS has in mind, but if they plan to include any 'player housing' in Craglorn, it would be a poor decision to keep it a group only zone on top of the other numerous reasons not to keep it group only.

The reason Craglorn was a big failure is because they nerfed XP to almost nothing and none of the rewards for quests and events were worth going after.

It became a place to get nirn materials and those that were "completionists" would do it once, but never go back.

Case and point... look at the World Boss groups that are running in Wrothgar regularly. Why? because the rewards are enticing enough to go after. If they do the same with Craglorn I guarantee there will be regular Craglorn groups forming.

Also, those of us that were playing when it first came out should remember the "Anomaly" farms before they nerfed the XP on them to nothing.
    Edited by kojou on August 11, 2016 4:22PM
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect it to be battle-leveled, and as a result stuffed to the brim with bot farmers hunting for Nirncrux who no longer need to level characters to get in and not die immediately. *sigh*

I HOPE I'm wrong. But that's what I expect.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    Months of excruciating grinding for motifs.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

ZOS 'knows' how many players are playing Craglorn grouped, and considering they've already decided AGAINST any future 'group' zones... this means that they know how big of a FAIL Craglorn currently is for the overwhelming majority of players.

It was only a fail because there are no rewards worth our time. Just like most of the stuff in this game isn't played because it isn't worth anything.
    Hit the nail on the head . At the time best dungeon in game was shades tear. An epic 3 wing adventure. Challenging fun and brought the beat of your four man players together. Only to kill shad da or any boss in the zone and gea standard non set purple that you deconstructed for mats. Craglorn was by noeans a failure . It was thee most packed zone game in months. It died when people hit vet 10 and received no rewards at all for any of the content . You could go to Cyrodiil and solo the delves and get better rewards
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I was only expecting everything to scale to max gear level (which happened to the trials already and will happen to the rest of the map with One Tamriel). So whatever else that they turn out to deliver is a bonus to me.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Arthmoor
    Arthmoor
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really like to see at least the story line quests there converted to solo-able runs. The rest of the stuff there not connected to that should be fine to either leave as is or beef up in some way for group play.
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be able to play through the content with whoever happens to be around at any given moment instead of in a formal fixed group of exactly four people.

Appropriate rewards.

Also bugs, of course. And we can't forget the load screens.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    Just vastly improve the nirncrux drop rate. It's ridiculous having to spend 5k per piece of armor and 17k per weapon just for a trait item. Even if you don't want to use them if you're a crafter you have to get them for traits.

There's a nirncrux mine in Craglorn. Nirncrux ores the size of horses. Can't mine them though. You telling me that I can't go up and chisel off some dust from one of those massive ores of nirncrux but I can find it randomly while gathering flowers, old logs, and voidstone?

The other day I was gathering the nodes in Craglorn for over 3 hours and I only got a single nirncrux. A guildie of mine gathered the nodes for some 11 hours and didn't get a single one. The only reliable way, it seems, to get it is by doing writs there... and that needs to change.

Craglorn shouldn't even be the only place that drops it to begin with.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Murkmire is being revamped to be a solo zone like Wrothgar, I'd assume Craglorn will get the same.

this is bull crap i am so done with this game. when craglorn launched it was packed and actually pulled people together. it made guilds stronger and promoted more community. Matt is making a huge mistake, its very sad to see any of this games vision being wiped away . there is plenty of solo questing content in this game. there is no second M in this MMO anymore. and dont say its catering to the majority of the population . the casual does not stay they churn . People who actually wanted to play an MMO are the ones that stay and spend money on ESO plus. this genre is doomed.

Yes, when Craglorn launched there was NO console players and there was also NO OTHER content to play... so what else were players supposed to play?!? Since consoles launched and other content has been made available, Craglorn has become a miserable failure for the majority of players- who are either casual, solo, or both. Also, casual players do not 'churn', they play multiple games at the same time or they play with a limited time schedule... hence the 'casual' aspect. Also, FYI, I'm a solo PC player and I've been playing this game obsessively for almost 18 months now- we're talking 8-10 hours a day several days a week- and I've been ESO+ since I started. So now let's talk about who is staying and who is spending money on ESO+, and btw, I bought 18 @ 5500 Crown packs on this last sale, if you want to talk about who is spending money here.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this...

"this means that they know how big of a FAIL Craglorn currently is for the overwhelming majority of players"

...is a biased overstatement.

I have a feeling you are largely a solo player, and thus you have an agenda. However, this is an MMO and there SHOULD be group content. In fact, an contradiction to your statement, ZOS took a beating from a large portion of the player base for introducing Maelstrom, as most didn't want solo player content; especially solo player content with the best weapons locked behind it.

They just remastered Skyrim. If you want a solo player ES, go pick it up. There are no shortage of solo players games out there for all he antisocial turds who want an MMO to conform to them.

Funny, because you CLEARLY didn't read the link to the article I posted in which Matt Firor, you know, the game director in charge of this game, talked about the SOLO aspect here in ESO.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mostly they need to make it easier to do the questlines, unless they already have, but before it was a nightmare, sometimes even if you had a group if someone was ahead in the questline they couldnt help :/
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mostly they need to make it easier to do the questlines, unless they already have, but before it was a nightmare, sometimes even if you had a group if someone was ahead in the questline they couldnt help :/

@dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO : THAT they fixed months and months ago; I've gone through Missing Guardian sixteen times so far, all on the same character. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭
    Here is what I ideally would like to see from a revamped Craglorn.
    • The entire zone scaled to CP160, mobs, nodes, and rewards.
    • Allow for the possibility of content being soloable with a good built, but not easy enough for everyone to solo it. This means the removal or adjustment of points where multiple players are required to progress through a quest by pressing switches.
    • Allow Yokudan motif to drop from yokudan box containers from repeatable daily quests, both to give some worth to them and allow the motif to finally be craftable.
    • Allow us to collect the celestial style motifs either from the three craglorn trials, or from magical anomalies, nirncrux mines, and anka ra burial sites. Or perhaps both, but the trials grant a significantly higher or guaranteed drop for a chapter as opposed to the world events.
    • XP rates boosted to be on par with the base-game and DLC zones, so grinds will be viable there as well.
    • And finally, allowing players to choose between Craglorn or Wrothgar for writ turn-ins, and allowing Craglorn surveys to drop top-tier materials if gifted from a top-tier writ. Or just have survey nodes in general scale based off of your crafting passives regardless of zone.
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I expect that with One Tamriel, every zone will have a selection of unique dailies related to world bosses and dungeons. World bosses and dungeons might get scaled up a bit in difficulty alongside this. Craglorn would likely get the same treatment, plus becoming a CP160 zone with it's drops from current dailies becoming worthwhile

Nirncrux and nirnhoned gear could also become easier to find as well
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Expect nothing and you can only be pleasantly surprised.

Expect the Welwas to descend on Belkarth, eat all the NPCs, and camp the wayshrine... it'll be better than that. :p
    Options