Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If the crown store offered hide vampirism costume

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasted dev time imo. Its ugly, sure. But last i checked this wasnt barbies online.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasted dev time imo. Its ugly, sure. But last i checked this wasnt barbies online.

motifs are created to give a choice of your characters appearance so there is a demand for choosing how you like, and the dev time would be like what? 30 seconds to hide the vampire effect?
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I like my vampires looking like vampires... that is to say, stage one, with the red eyes.

Stage four, not so much.

So... yeah I'd be down for more options, but I'd really want something to keep my vampire looking like he's permanently in stage one or two.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would buy as soon as it becomes available
  • JohunBleek
    JohunBleek
    ✭✭✭
    I need to hide vamp. I need it for pvp but i shouldn't have it for my ERP - i mean RP guild
    Best NB NA
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twilix01 wrote: »
    Knaxia wrote: »
    It would be lore breaking yes.
    Lots of people would complain, yes.

But as an argonian/khajiit player, I never took vampirism mostly due to the ugly white skin and red eyes. I would buy that from the crown store if it was to hide it, even if, by my standards, it breaks the lore/immersion of being a vampire.I like those 2 races skin patterns and it would be a waste to just to ruin it by being vampire.

Yes so people who don't want to look ugly but still want the vampirism.
    No for lore breaking immersion.

But it's not lore breaking, since it's in canon that many vampires are able to disguise themselves as mortal. Besides, illusion magic is a thing after all.

Wood elf vamps are especially good at this. According to the Lore you can only see their true form by candlelight. Otherwise they look like ordinary wood elves.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont like the look of being a vamp!! be a wolf easy.. hence why i stick with wolf!! vamp looks really bad!!
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood suckers shall look like blood suckers
    PC EU

• Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually I would.... but only if they fix the bug that is currently allowing disguises to cover vampirism. My templar wore a disguise before this happened because I liked it, so that works for me.

Hopefully they will just forget about it...
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    No, this is not necessary. It's a disease, such things are not supposed to be pretty. If someone wants to have vampirism, they should wear their skin with pride. As I had one of my characters be a vampire, I simply used a dwarven hat, which makes a great mask (for example) to hide the face. Difficult of course, if you have an animal race, especially argonian...

Yet verandiss stormravenn can hide it without any penalty??

Edit: I meant ravenwatchh

I doubt verandis is a stage 4 vamp. I recall one of the quests where him and dat dunmer chick were slurping up some nice thrall blood. Stage 1-2 vamp looks pretty good tbh... Its those people running ard who havent drunk an ounce of blood (since they became vamp) at stage 4 that look like shrivelled old lady parts.... If you wanna be a vamp, you are going to have to accept that you needa drink some blood or pay the price..... You cant have the reduced awesome ult cost, and look awesome at the same time too now can ya~ =X
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how about a vampire hide costume?

a new motif and you have to go round skinning vampires to get the hide to make it
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Kelces wrote: »
    No, this is not necessary. It's a disease, such things are not supposed to be pretty. If someone wants to have vampirism, they should wear their skin with pride. As I had one of my characters be a vampire, I simply used a dwarven hat, which makes a great mask (for example) to hide the face. Difficult of course, if you have an animal race, especially argonian...

Yet verandiss stormravenn can hide it without any penalty??

Edit: I meant ravenwatchh

I doubt verandis is a stage 4 vamp. I recall one of the quests where him and dat dunmer chick were slurping up some nice thrall blood. Stage 1-2 vamp looks pretty good tbh... Its those people running ard who havent drunk an ounce of blood (since they became vamp) at stage 4 that look like shrivelled old lady parts.... If you wanna be a vamp, you are going to have to accept that you needa drink some blood or pay the price..... You cant have the reduced awesome ult cost, and look awesome at the same time too now can ya~ =X

Verandis doesn't look like a vampire at all until you "discover" his secret by walking into his castle during dinner time. After that he perpetually looks Stage 1. BUT he straight up tells you that he "hides" his vampirism at King Emeric's behest.

Screenshot_20140701_222452_zps166e8599.png

Which is why he looks normal when you first meet him:

Screenshot_20140701_201155_zps098357c0.png

So, he's proof that there is at least some sort of illusion magic available that will allow vampires to look like normal mortals.

And Lamae Bal herself tells you that vampires can hide among mortals.

Screenshot_20141120_135203_zpsuumd9pbj.png

And then there's Heloise. Here she is looking completely mortal AFTER she has killed a family.

maxresdefault.jpg

So apparently you do NOT need to be some super hot wizard to "hide" your vampirism after all... you just have to be well fed.

Now, after you "discover" that Heloise is a vampire...she looks like one. So I realize this is probably just a cheesy plot device but I feel it's really unnecessary. And all the lore in this game DOES suggest that vampires looking like normal mortals is indeed a thing. So it is long past time for ZOS to give us the option... even if they make us pay for it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• andryuhav
    andryuhav
    ✭✭✭
    They use make up
  • Xaxoon
    Xaxoon
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires are ugly. That is a fact :-) And other players will know who they are dealing with there. The pointed teeth should be even more visible ...
    Edited by Xaxoon on August 8, 2016 11:23AM
    Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xaxoon wrote: »
    Vampires are ugly. That is a fact :-) And other players will know who they are dealing with there. The pointed teeth should be even more visible ...

Actually I'd be pretty happy if vampires ever got their darned fangs. Yet, inexplicably....they don't have any in this game!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andryuhav wrote: »
    They use make up

Cool, let us buy "vampire makeup" then!

• waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should be a toggle in the options menu like hide helmet but thanks to this thread you've probably made them realize that they can milk more money from us with this. :angry:
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would buy it. But if ZOS prices it like "name change" for instance.... no fkn way!
    NA/PC
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit look really bad as vampires at any stage, like someone poured bleach on the cat. I'd buy a hide vampirism costume, in fact it would one of the very few costumes I would buy.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • C4rt3r_H4ll
    C4rt3r_H4ll
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if they also sold a CURE Vamp/Werewolf along side Gift of vamp/ww
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    It should be a toggle in the options menu like hide helmet but thanks to this thread you've probably made them realize that they can milk more money from us with this. :angry:

I'm pretty sure they already know considering the cost for changing the cosmitics of your character
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I do think they need to change stage three and four, stage three you have fangs that are showing in your mouth, your eyes are glowing blood red. Stage four, longer fangs showing, eyes glowing even more. But geting rid of the fugglyness of the skin, in stage four. keeping the vampire paleness the way it is without the vains but your character would have his/her mouth open reviling the fangs at stage three and stage four. I would like to see them make these changes.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on August 9, 2016 6:37AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohunBleek wrote: »
    I need to hide vamp. I need it for pvp but i shouldn't have it for my ERP - i mean RP guild

Well... yeah... I'll just be over here, rocking back and forth while whimpering.

I'm pretty sure they already know considering the cost for changing the cosmitics of your character

They do. A full vampirism pack, where you can pick between the stages or mortal would be nice, though. I'd prefer a non-crown option, like simply being in stage one with now vampirism abilities slotted creates a mortal guise. Or a toggle which turns it off in exchange for some buff. (Or offers some buff while slotted, like increased damage, but then shuts off if you disguise yourself.)
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭

We must be playing different games. I spend quite a lot of my time playing dress up. It may just as well be named Barbies Online.

Appearance is important to many people who want to immerse themselves into their character. Not everyone feels the same way, or gets the same enjoyment out of their character's looks, but one of the nice things about a game like this is the ability to have features that don't apply to all players.

Yes, I would like to be able to toggle my vampirism appearance on/off.
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    They should all burn in fire!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessie wrote: »

We must be playing different games. I spend quite a lot of my time playing dress up. It may just as well be named Barbies Online.

Appearance is important to many people who want to immerse themselves into their character. Not everyone feels the same way, or gets the same enjoyment out of their character's looks, but one of the nice things about a game like this is the ability to have features that don't apply to all players.

Yes, I would like to be able to toggle my vampirism appearance on/off.

Fashion Scrolls is serious business. :p
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohunBleek wrote: »

Well... yeah... I'll just be over here, rocking back and forth while whimpering.

They do. A full vampirism pack, where you can pick between the stages or mortal would be nice, though. I'd prefer a non-crown option, like simply being in stage one with now vampirism abilities slotted creates a mortal guise. Or a toggle which turns it off in exchange for some buff. (Or offers some buff while slotted, like increased damage, but then shuts off if you disguise yourself.)

yaaaaas, I lov you, but not as much as I lov female bosmer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism can be hidden ATM. Hopefully they fix that bug since vampires should not be able to hide themselves.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the crown store offered alternate vampire looks, but only if you have it. Similar to the hair style adornment store, you could have fangs, sunken nose (dunmer and a few other races), more wrinkles (Buffy style), or more beast like (for khajiit & argonian).

Maybe now that we see how the style shop works more folks will want to buy Vampire & Werewolf Skins wasn't a great vote last time though.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism can be hidden ATM. Hopefully they fix that bug since vampires should not be able to hide themselves.

See above lore explainations why they should and can