Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If the crown store offered hide vampirism costume

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you buy it? assuming it cost around 1k crowns which is the equivalent of a appearance change tokenn, would you buy it? Seeing as how vampirism is ugly and ruins the appearance of many of my characters, I would buy it as soon as it came out, would you?
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do want.

then again, i am a goblin on every character, so maybe not sure if want
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this is not necessary. It's a disease, such things are not supposed to be pretty. If someone wants to have vampirism, they should wear their skin with pride. As I had one of my characters be a vampire, I simply used a dwarven hat, which makes a great mask (for example) to hide the face. Difficult of course, if you have an animal race, especially argonian...
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    No, this is not necessary. It's a disease, such things are not supposed to be pretty. If someone wants to have vampirism, they should wear their skin with pride. As I had one of my characters be a vampire, I simply used a dwarven hat, which makes a great mask (for example) to hide the face. Difficult of course, if you have an animal race, especially argonian...

Yet verandiss stormravenn can hide it without any penalty??

Edit: I meant ravenwatchh
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 31, 2016 7:27AM
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm okay with the eye appearance, I like how that looks in stages 1-2. I just really, really want to disable the purple skin.

I'd get a costume like this if it was available, but I feel like it'd be better if it came with a few more customisation options. Like having the ability to set an appearance stage regardless of your current stage (e.g. a stage 4 vampire electing to appear like they're at stage 2) and the ability to toggle off skin or eye effects or both.

Hiding a vampire's face under a helmet isn't exactly wearing their skin with pride :D.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Oblivion Vampires had the ability to charm people - so they have illusion magic abilities and should be able to use these abilities as a disguise when they are back to stage 1 - they should appear more "likable" in this stage.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, I see - precedence... ;)
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    Honestly I'm okay with the eye appearance, I like how that looks in stages 1-2. I just really, really want to disable the purple skin.

I'd get a costume like this if it was available, but I feel like it'd be better if it came with a few more customisation options. Like having the ability to set an appearance stage regardless of your current stage (e.g. a stage 4 vampire electing to appear like they're at stage 2) and the ability to toggle off skin or eye effects or both.

Hiding a vampire's face under a helmet isn't exactly wearing their skin with pride :D.

You are mixing things up. Sentences have periods for a purpose...

Edited by Kelces on July 31, 2016 11:35AM

PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These type of threads is what leads ZOS to put everything in the crown store instead of basic gameplay options.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are mixing things up. Sentences have periods for a purpose...

What am I mixing up? You said vampires should wear their skin with pride, then said you had a vampiric character and covered their face up with a Dwarven helm. Now I'm lost, I can't figure out what I misinterpreted...
    Dymence wrote: »
    These type of threads is what leads ZOS to put everything in the crown store instead of basic gameplay options.

Yes I agree it should be a basic gameplay option too, but considering the barber shop is all Crown-based I doubt they'd add an appearance option like this for free. This is one of those times I'd like to be proved wrong though, ZOS ;).
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The days of them doing much of anything for free based o player requests have been over since they went B2P.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lore of the game suggests that vampires should be able to look like normal people. Anyone who has doen the vampire quest should know that Lamae Bal herself tells your character that their kindred hide among the mortals "wearing rags or crowns" which is a clear indication that they are capable of hiding in plain sight. Count Ravenwatch and the simple healer Heloise in the Rivenspire quests both appear as normal mortal AFTER they have become vampires, pointing out that not just super special powerful mage vampires can do this, but that it's actually just part of the type of vampirism you get in the game.

The vampire appearance has zero impact on game mechanics. You can hide it completely with armor so it's not visible in Cyrodiil. There are both skill lines AND add-ons (for PC) that permit players to identify BOTH vampires and werewolves. So the visual is superfluous anyway and has no impact either way. It serves no gameplay function in PvE either since none of the NPCs recognize you as a vampire either.

So it's well past time for us to have this option as players.

• Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason why I mind it is because it makes my burn scar, on my face, almost invisible.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marrtha wrote: »
    The only reason why I mind it is because it makes my burn scar, on my face, almost invisible.

I hope they fix how it fades markings. My character had dark blue war paint and post-vampirism it's faded to the point where it looks like he's been hit and bruised across his face.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not think Vampirism should be toggle-able even if you had to pay crowns for it.

We need a skin in the crown store that allows us to look like stage 1 (only available to vampires). Ever since Zos locked are passives to stages, you need to remain stage 4 (the ugliest stage) to maintain your sneak speed. Before this change, i could be stage 1 with all my passives, so in a way they took this away from me.

If you don't want to use this skin so be it... wear your ugliness with pride!.. but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be an option in the crown store to look like stage 1 at all times. Many vampire players have already requested this and would gladly fork up the money.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A costume, I probably would not buy. If they sold a skin that took the vamp look away in any costume or armor we wore, I would most definitely buy. Whether or not something like that should exist... Don't know, but if it did I would buy it.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Princess_of_Darkness
    I must confess... I don't think that my looks at stage 4 is ugly! Two reasons: 1- I think it looks pretty epic. 2- All these veins around my face reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul. :love:

What I don't like is the stage 1 and 2!
    Just think about it, I'm a dunmer, you know how are normal dunmeri eyes, right? Another day I've decided to see how do I look in all stages... At stage 1 I get human red eyes, not dunmeri red eyes, at stage 2 my cheeks got pink! This is not vampiric! Stage 3 is acceptable... But stage 4 is the prettiest! (In my opinion, of course...)

Does anyone agree with me?

~ Shadow Belmont
    Rick Sanchez: "Sometimes science is more art than science, Morty. A lot of people don't get that."
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree, as vampirism makes or breaks certain builds, and one shouldn't be forced between looking pretty and performing well during gameplay.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Knaxia
    Knaxia
    ✭✭✭
    It would be lore breaking yes.
    Lots of people would complain, yes.

But as an argonian/khajiit player, I never took vampirism mostly due to the ugly white skin and red eyes. I would buy that from the crown store if it was to hide it, even if, by my standards, it breaks the lore/immersion of being a vampire.I like those 2 races skin patterns and it would be a waste to just to ruin it by being vampire.

Yes so people who don't want to look ugly but still want the vampirism.
    No for lore breaking immersion.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

The days of them doing much of anything for free based o player requests have been over since they went B2P.

So this would be a bad time to point out that the tier ten writs will not require tier 9 materials, starting tomorrow?
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭
    Knaxia wrote: »

But as an argonian/khajiit player, I never took vampirism mostly due to the ugly white skin and red eyes. I would buy that from the crown store if it was to hide it, even if, by my standards, it breaks the lore/immersion of being a vampire.I like those 2 races skin patterns and it would be a waste to just to ruin it by being vampire.

Yes so people who don't want to look ugly but still want the vampirism.
    No for lore breaking immersion.

But it's not lore breaking, since it's in canon that many vampires are able to disguise themselves as mortal. Besides, illusion magic is a thing after all.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. I would rather the ability to hide vampirism to be a toggle in the gameplay menu.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What am I mixing up? You said vampires should wear their skin with pride, then said you had a vampiric character and covered their face up with a Dwarven helm. Now I'm lost, I can't figure out what I misinterpreted...

Yes, I stated "If someone wants to be (as in intentionally)[...], I would suggest being proud." (in character)
    You are implying, I was in-character playing it the same way, I suggested in the sentence before. However, this wasn't the case. That is, why I created an additional sentence, where I was stating my suggestion as an alternative to a crown store item.
    Edited by Kelces on July 31, 2016 7:57PM

PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knaxia wrote: »

Wrong. Allow me to repeat myself.

The lore of the game suggests that vampires should be able to look like normal people. Anyone who has doen the vampire quest should know that Lamae Bal herself tells your character that their kindred hide among the mortals "wearing rags or crowns" which is a clear indication that they are capable of hiding in plain sight. Count Ravenwatch and the simple healer Heloise in the Rivenspire quests both appear as normal mortal AFTER they have become vampires, pointing out that not just super special powerful mage vampires can do this, but that it's actually just part of the type of vampirism you get in the game.

The vampire appearance has zero impact on game mechanics. You can hide it completely with armor so it's not visible in Cyrodiil. There are both skill lines AND add-ons (for PC) that permit players to identify BOTH vampires and werewolves. So the visual is superfluous anyway and has no impact either way. It serves no gameplay function in PvE either since none of the NPCs recognize you as a vampire either.

So it's well past time for us to have this option as players.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i would buy it.
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭

He's a total Gary Stu, so yes. :P
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, rather than a costume, it would need to be a skin. That way you could still wear costumes with it. Meant to mention that earlier.

• craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have a way for both vampires to look more "un-vamped" and for werewolves to have a slight change, like yellow bright eyes or something.
    that would be awesome
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think zos would want us to hide vampirism via the settings menu and woulsd make us pay in crowns if we wanted to
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd lose what hope I have left in ZOS not being greedy. Putting toggleable options that were ripped from the Options menu in the Crown Store is really, really low.

No different than putting "Hide Helmet" in the Crown Store.... imagine that :unamused:
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    I would actually love glowing red eyes at stage 4. Maybe a heartbeat sound gradually slowing down while I feed on some poor townie >:)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dislike looking ugly as a vampire, zos would make a lot of money if they offered an illusion costume for vampires