The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stam Orc DK dps

sickboy2808
sickboy2808
✭✭✭
Hi there im trying to change my Orc Tank into a dd and really need help pls. Im using 5 Hundings medium armour all Divines along with 2 piece Engine. I only have 1 agility robust ring so far, the other pieces im still farming. Im at 2770 unbuffed or therebouts and need help to raise it pls. Also my crit is 35 i think. What traits shall i use on my 2h sword?? Should i use 1 kena with 1 blood??. Also i only have 340 CP. I cant wait to finally ditch my Orc race in next update so other question is what race is best for Stam DK?? Tyvm
ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The important stats are:
    * Unbuffed weapon damage (yours is fine)
    * Max stamina pool after food (try to aim for at least 35K with an optimized build--yours will likely be less since you don't have all the gear and CP yet)
    * If you're doing PvE, crit chance (for PvE, 35% is way, way too low; change your Mundus to Thief)
    Edited by code65536 on July 31, 2016 7:05PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Ty i will change my mundas, i think im about 32k stam but all my gear is purple still so will go up a little?? What race should i change too?? Good for dps and Tank as i like Tanking still?? Also still need to know which trait for 2h. Tyvm so far
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What other race to pick? Do yourself a favor and don't change, because Orc is good enough. The difference you'd see would be at best a 1% increase in DPS by picking Redguard / Imperial, maybe 3-4% by picking Khajiit for absolute endgame setup (varies a LOT, it'll likely be around 2% in most cases). That's not like you picked Altmer, Nord or Breton...

That said, 2H is pretty bad for PvE, but if you really want to stick with it, you can go for Agility x3, (flex) x5, Kena x1, Velidreth x1, and maelstrom or master's greatsword if you have those, otherwise you can replace a monster set and another piece by Leki x2.

For flexible spot:
    • Pick Night Mother Gaze for normal dungeons
    • Pick Hundings if you usually run with someone using Night Mother Gaze
    • Pick Twice Born Star if you're in groups with a high uptime on Aggressive Warhorn

Absolute endgame builds:
    Vicious Ophidian x5
    Twice Born Star x5
    Maelstrom dagger/axe x2
    Maelstrom bow x1

OR

Vicious Ophidian x5 / Twice Born Star x5 (situational)
    Agility x3
    Mephala x2 OR Kena x1 / Velidreth x1 OR Kena x2 OR ...
    Maelstrom dagger/axe x2
    Maelstrom bow x1

Best traits for PvE being Divines on armor, Sharpened on weapon with Precise a close second (it's usually a boss fight vs trash pack clears matter).

Consider sustain irrelevant. Best DPS comes from 7M (the extra crit bonus outperforms 2% max stamina from Undaunted Mettle), which will give you all you need anyway.

Here's a little formula to get your approximate raw damage (the higher, the better):
    ( (Max stamina / 10.46) + Weapon damage ) * (1 + (Crit chance * Crit damage)

If you have 30% crit chance, replace it by 0.3.

It'll have to be updated with today's patch, but you can check the Venom build by Alcast. It'll still be the best setup possible.

I'd suggest you share your skill setup, there are a few abilities you definitely don't want to miss.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial race will probably be best as it gives stamina and health if you want to tank aswell, otherwise redguard is good. Do you play PvE or PvP for damage in PvE khajiit is the best I believe but it's not good for tanking that's why I suggested the others.

One of the DK skills gives you 10% crit also, can't remember what it's called though.

Make sure you have the 12% crit from your CP tree.

Make your weapons gold, it adds like 200 WD and use the sharpened trait.

1 Kena 1 blood does work, or you can use both pieces of either one of those sets, all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Also getting level 9 undaunted will give you %6 on all 3 stats if you use 5/1/1
    Edited by psychotic13 on August 1, 2016 9:40AM
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i have undaunted lvl 9 and only do PVE. I want to change my race as i hate being an Orc and i can ditch 2h no probs for DW i presume?? I dont have any Vicious or Leki so how do i get parts of those sets pls??
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes i have undaunted lvl 9 and only do PVE. I want to change my race as i hate being an Orc and i can ditch 2h no probs for DW i presume?? I dont have any Vicious or Leki so how do i get parts of those sets pls??

Go on trials for vicious and buy leki it's cheap.
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I like Alcast non Maelstrom setup using Twice Born. Should i go for that. Oh ty for info juhas
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, DW is better for PvE and 2h is better for PvP, so yeah I'd go DW and it gives you an extra slot towards a set bonus.

Like already said, you can get Lekis really cheap from guild traders
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Ditched that ugly looking Orc for redguard and went 5 Hundings Kena shoulders with 3 agility jewelery and 3 NMG. Im now at 35k stam, over 3k unbuffed WB and 60 crit i think. Now got to go learn DW ha