Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: August 2, 2016"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: August 2, 2016. Get a sneak peek of the latest offerings that are coming to the Crown Store in August, including the Masked Bear and a new Personalities pack!

484281c43e24f0d8a1d19e8c62628550.jpg

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLease don't make Dark Shaman cost for like 20k crowns
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only this for the whole month? :( Most of it is already available on PC...
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the dark shaman, my chars like to show off their scales and fur! :*

I do not like any of the bear mounts because they are NOT based on lore. If it is not based on LORE, then the items should NOT be in game.
    Edited by k9mouse on August 2, 2016 6:18PM
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping we might see a bit more information on these Hist Guars. Very weird for an entire subspecies to have the markings.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHERE THE HECK is the Sep Adder pet?!? I've been waiting MONTHS now... we get a recolor of an existing pet, but no 'unique' snake pet as in the Sep Adder!!!
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look, they're getting rid of some of the better costume packs... Color me NOT surprised, once again. Zeni, I have in my mind defended so many of the things you do in the interest of business but this has turned scummy beyond belief.
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Petty crap betting the guar is 4k
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I do not like any of the bear mounts because they are NOT based on lore. If it is not based on LORE, then the items should NOT be in game.

You mean lore from previous games, right?

I honestly see no issue with them adding things that were not in previous established lore as long as there is nothing contradicting it AND they add new lore for that in the game. Which they did. Torug used to ride a bear, and there are other mentions in game of orcs riding bears and bear mounts (even before Orsinium). They did the same with Dire Wolf mounts.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrod Gentry gown. When is it coming? We already saw it months ago on the Update 10 PTS.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I was pretty disappointed in ZOS' pricing for character tokens... until someone told me about the crown sale going on. That was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping they would do, and once again I have to take back all the nasty, hurtful things I said about them.

Thank you, ZOS.

(I still think the new bear mount looks like it has a flesh-eating disorder. :smiley: )
    Edited by mistermacintosh on August 2, 2016 10:02PM
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't in the lore? At this point, the only thing that would make it against lore is if some parchment or book said that bears were never used as mounts. Aside from that, bears are one of the few mount options that probably are fine with the lore. The really odd beasts are the ones I would worry about. Dragons. Wamasu. Welwa. Mammoths. Stuff like that is what I worry about.

Not that I own any bear mounts. The animation makes them look like a very uncomfortable ride. I don't own any dog mounts, either, for a variety of reasons.

There really isn't much in the Crown Store this month, but it is almost certain that the "limited time only" prices will be on the spendy side. Waaaaaay on the spendy side. Especially the costume. Skin sells.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    WHERE THE HECK is the Sep Adder pet?!? I've been waiting MONTHS now... we get a recolor of an existing pet, but no 'unique' snake pet as in the Sep Adder!!!

omg, yes. those lil snakeys are so cute. I so wish i could adopt one for my argonian.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    That Haj Mota Hatchling would be awesome if it was a mount :)

Overall seems a decent showcase for August will most likely be purchasing the personalities on the 16th.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really want the Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I need that Dark Shaman costume!
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Osukā
    Osukā
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    Ok, I was pretty disappointed in ZOS' pricing for character tokens... until someone told me about the crown sale going on. That was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping they would do, and once again I have to take back all the nasty, hurtful things I said about them.

Thank you, ZOS.

(I still think the new bear mount looks like it has a flesh-eating disorder. :smiley: )

When is the crown sale ending?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also want a Sep Adder here.

And what do the other Guar subspecies have against music?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also want a Sep Adder here.

And what do the other Guar subspecies have against music?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Do you all see how many people want the Sep Adder pet!! When is this going to come out, we've been waiting for months. You guys gave us a taste of this unique and awesome pet on PTS and then you proceed to give us re-colored Nixad and other mammals instead of this unique snake pet. We want Seppie and we want him NOW!! ;)
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    Any chance we can get a video preview of the new personalities? I've been excitedly waiting for more to be added since seeing the assassin one so I'm very excited to see what these will be like. I'm on Xbox one sadly.
    Edited by Suisyo on August 2, 2016 11:56PM
    Altmer Templar & Bosmer Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    With all the Masked Bears that will be in game it will be Pandæmonium...

And yeah all the short characters need a way to reach higher shelves, they all need their Sep Adders...
    Or was that sTep Ladders?

This is the wait 22 days for the listed items and get told nothing of the ones that will pop up unannounced, just like last months Alliance Motifs.

I wonder which ones they will try to sneak in this time.

Anyway would be nice if the costume collectables could be split listed 3 ways:
    1. Clothing - Brocade Robes, Various Dresses, etc.
    2. Armors - Costumes with an Armor theme: Ordinator, Lion Guard, etc.
    3. More Hats - Hats from Costumes with hats.
    Especially the 3rd item, as there are several costumes with hats that would look good as a hat in combination with another costume.

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure where else to leave this feedback, and I don't know if it effects everyone the same (I know a lot of people it does however), but the more things you keep making limited time only, the less things I will buy.

Not only does the marketing tactic to create artificial scarcity NOT inspire me to "impulse buy," nor do I care at all about comparing my digital pixels with others, but it actually makes me want to spend LESS on things I otherwise WOULD have bought.

Your marketing team has been 100% convinced of bad psychology.

Also, it would take literally 10 minutes to add tabs and a search function, so the "making room for new stock" analogy to physical stores with physical space and physical merchandise isn't cutting it.

It is apples and oranges with digital products. They take up no space.

I know that whoever is in charge of this has made up their mind, carved it in stone, and 100% convinced themselves that this is the best marketing strategy, but as one loyal customer I can tell you, I find it somewhat cheap, maybe even a little insulting, and totally unnecessary for any reason other than generating "OMG gotta catch 'em all!" impulse buys.

Just leave stuff on back catalogue tab pages and let people buy stuff at their own pace.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only thing you should add to a "buy now for limited time" box, is old stuff on discount.
    Giving newer players a chance to own things cycled out of stock.

I've yet to even contemplate what is in that limited box at all.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • dudecollarb14_ESO
    I'd like to remind you, zenimax, that you stated in a previous article "A bounty of new hair styles, adornments, and markings have been added to the Crown Store" for this new dlc, and I SEE NO NEW HAIRSTYLES.

Sorry, but can you please fix this? It is aggravating because I literally ICly already have my character with long hair (she had a mohawk before) and as an RPer it is upsetting me that you are lying to me, and now screwing me up (I returned to the game after being gone for 5 months, so icly my character grew their hair out during that time while they were away). I don't know if it helps, but maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will see this if i link their names and bring it up to other people so you may make the many RPers happy with the hairstyles you showed us in the PTS that we all thoroughly enjoyed. thank you for your time, zeni, and I know we weren't promised those hairstyles, but you did say we'd have new ones. And we don't.

If you for some reason can't figure out where it was sttated that we'd have new hairstyles, you can find it here elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details#_Style_Parlor
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    So how long IS the crown sale going on? I don't recall seeing it announced anywhere.

Unless, of course, this is your new crown pricing and the change is permanent...

Please advise!
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    @k9mouse What are you talking about, bear mounts have been in the lore since like 2009.
    Edited by Legoless on August 3, 2016 3:23AM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
    So how long IS the crown sale going on? I don't recall seeing it announced anywhere.

Unless, of course, this is your new crown pricing and the change is permanent...

Please advise!

I can't even find the sale being announced. I bought my crowns today as to not miss it though.

Enjoy the new offerings, although sad to see more things go than what we are getting new.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • infernomorgothb14_ESO
    Thank god I purchased the ashlander and ordinator packs this past week, I didn't even know they were going to be removed. They are removing two of the better outfit sets in order to make room for some lame stuff. the ashlander and ordinator sets were two of the more interesting race themed sets. How about some dunmer bonemold armor from skyrim if you must remove all the dunmer outfits....at least then your circulating something fresh into the mix.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crown store sale is on PS4 too, even though we don't have the DLC yet. It says it'll end on the 8th of August.
  • Silwen
    Silwen
    Soul Shriven
    Logged in after the patch.

No new hairstyles and not the bodymarkings I wanted.. Booo! Guess I'll wait until the next patch before creating my new character. In the meantime I'll continue with my Dishonored playthrough in preparation for Dishonored 2.
  • Pearls
    Pearls
    Soul Shriven
    When I didn't see Cyrod gentry's town gown

tumblr_nofg77cMZd1smuj8ko1_250.gif