The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: August 2, 2016"

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I do not like any of the bear mounts because they are NOT based on lore. If it is not based on LORE, then the items should NOT be in game.
    @k9mouse What are you talking about, bear mounts have been in the lore since like 2009.

@Legoless
    Show me a lore book then? I can not find any lore books,,,
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All: when will we see the new hairstyles. I mean, they're nice because they're new (who doesn't like change?), but they're not that special... I thought the one's we've seen would be out with the dlc and we'd see new designs in the months to come. It seems like we're not getting any new hairstyles this month and they're going to release maybe two at a time (from the ones we've seen) over the course of the year...lame.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    I do not like any of the bear mounts because they are NOT based on lore. If it is not based on LORE, then the items should NOT be in game.
    @k9mouse What are you talking about, bear mounts have been in the lore since like 2009.

@Legoless
    @k9mouse It was in The Infernal City I believe.
  • ThatKidd_Anthony
    So... They're not releasing the new hairstyles?
    I was really looking forward to them...
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Much has been made of our Queen’s adventures in Tamriel by bards and common broadsheet scribes. Yes, it’s true that she once rode a bear. That she hunted the frost trolls of Skyrim, delved into the depths of a Dwarven ruin, and crewed with a pirate captain of Cyrodiil." - The Rise Of Queen Ayrenn

"The Rageclaws have domesticated a breed of stout, battle-ready ursines. These bears are trained from an early age, bound to a specific clansman or clan family. A matriarchal society, this clan imitates their animal companions in many ways." - Clans Of The Reach

"A Nordic hunter and a 'City Orc' both stood about a table quarreling with one another about whether or not the Orcs of the West truly road great, woolly caterpillar-like beasts as steeds. The local orc proclaimed that his stronghold-dwelling cousins have used the unique beasts for generations, as they allegedly 'were useful for navigating the rocky crags and slopes of The Reach and Wrothgar '. My kinsman disagreed vehemently with the pigman's assertions and demanded that he get his thick skull checked, naturally. According to the hunter the only unique mounts he had seen the wild Orcs ride in the western mountains were bears, not furred caterpillars." - Loremaster's Archive, April 9, 2015
    signing off
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. The books that are made by Bethesda do carry more weight lore wise than the books by ZOS for ESO.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. The books that are made by Bethesda do carry more weight lore wise than the books by ZOS for ESO.

Not really. Both sources are completely canon and are 100% accurate lore. You can choose to disbelieve, but I will guess confidently that Bethesda Game Studio feels that way about the lore in ESO.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    Silwen wrote: »
    Logged in after the patch.

No new hairstyles and not the bodymarkings I wanted.. Booo! Guess I'll wait until the next patch before creating my new character. In the meantime I'll continue with my Dishonored playthrough in preparation for Dishonored 2.

Just so you are aware, when the new hairstyles and bodymarkings are out you can change them whenever you want in your collectibles menu. So if you create a character now, you'll be able to swap hairstyle and/or bodymarking later on once they are out.
    Ebonheart Pact / European Server
    L50 Magicka Nightblade / PvP Executioner
    L50 Stamina Dragonknight / PvP/PvE DPS
    L50 Stamina Sorcerer / PvP/PvE DPS(?)
    L50 Magicka Templar / PvP Healer
    Don't ask help from me for any Group Dungeons or Trials...
    ... because I've never done any of that
  • Silwen
    Silwen
    Soul Shriven
    Silwen wrote: »
    Logged in after the patch.

No new hairstyles and not the bodymarkings I wanted.. Booo! Guess I'll wait until the next patch before creating my new character. In the meantime I'll continue with my Dishonored playthrough in preparation for Dishonored 2.

Just so you are aware, when the new hairstyles and bodymarkings are out you can change them whenever you want in your collectibles menu. So if you create a character now, you'll be able to swap hairstyle and/or bodymarking later on once they are out.

Yeah, but I'm difficult.. I want them naaaow D,:

The hair is a possibility. But I can't make my mind accept that swapping out a tattoo is as simple as that, and I want a tattoo from the get-go. Since it's hard to know when the new ones will show up. It could be 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, a year. It's impossible to guess.
    Edited by Silwen on August 4, 2016 12:51PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank god I purchased the ashlander and ordinator packs this past week, I didn't even know they were going to be removed. They are removing two of the better outfit sets in order to make room for some lame stuff. the ashlander and ordinator sets were two of the more interesting race themed sets. How about some dunmer bonemold armor from skyrim if you must remove all the dunmer outfits....at least then your circulating something fresh into the mix.

How about they just releases the Dumenr COSTUMES they showed us the concept art for AGES AGO???? You know darn well these costumes are already made and done. You know, THESE:

Female%20Dunmer%20(Dark%20Elf).jpg
    Edited by MornaBaine on August 4, 2016 1:12PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Thank god I purchased the ashlander and ordinator packs this past week, I didn't even know they were going to be removed. They are removing two of the better outfit sets in order to make room for some lame stuff. the ashlander and ordinator sets were two of the more interesting race themed sets. How about some dunmer bonemold armor from skyrim if you must remove all the dunmer outfits....at least then your circulating something fresh into the mix.

How about they just releases the Dumenr COSTUMES they showed us the concept art for AGES AGO???? You know darn well these costumes are already made and done. You know, THESE:

This one wants! Who does not like to show her fur sometimes? :*o:)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in all I find this "showcase" to be a HUGE letdown. Here's what we DO want ZOS:

THIS

ESO-Crown-Store-2.4.0-Cyrod-Gentrys-Town-Famale-Gown.jpg

THIS:

ESO-Crown-Store-Sheogorath-Costume.jpg

THIS

gp_crwn_costumes_bretonmalemid_1x1.jpg

WHATEVER OUTFIT THE FEMALE IS WEARING IN THIS PICTURE!!!!

ESO-crown-store-vampire-bite.jpg

THIS

gp_crwn_costumes_bretonmalehigh_1x1.jpg

And this has OFTEN been requested as a costume!

2cisl5.jpg

THIS! WHICH HAS BEEN ON PTS SINCE THIEVES GUILD!!!!

gp_crwn_costumes_redguardnobledress_1x1.jpg

THIS

Imperial-Male-Mid.png

THIS

Crown-Costume-Grim-Harlequin.png

THIS

gp_crwn_costumes_bretonmalelow_1x1.jpg

THIS

gp_crwn_costumes_imperialmalehigh_1x1-copy.jpg

THIS

IMPERIALGOWN_zps4bjroiy3.png

Yes, I know it's all mostly datamined stuff. But the POINT is that you've had this stuff done and READY TO GO for AGES. Stop holding out on us. STOP putting out one thing a month if we're lucky. Step up your release schedule. MOST of this is WAY OVERDUE.

So, there's my feedback. Pretty sure I'm not alone!
    Edited by MornaBaine on August 4, 2016 1:44PM

• terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also want a Sep Adder here.

And what do the other Guar subspecies have against music?

They like Thin Lizzy :-)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS

Crown-Costume-Grim-Harlequin.png

I think this one is going to be a special Witches Festival costume. It is called "Grim Harlequin".
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a light armor chest piece of the Celestial style. It is what the Mage Celestial wears in the Aetherian Archives trial, and you can wear it too if you acquired the Aether set from AA/HRC. However, as of this patch, Aether will no longer drop from the newly-revamped AA/HRC, as it has been replaced in the loot table by Infallible Aether (which is in the Yokudan style).

Luckily, I do have a full set of Aether still sitting on a mule, so I can still wear that if I want to RP as the Mage Celestial. :D
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

That is a light armor chest piece of the Celestial style. It is what the Mage Celestial wears in the Aetherian Archives trial, and you can wear it too if you acquired the Aether set from AA/HRC. However, as of this patch, Aether will no longer drop from the newly-revamped AA/HRC, as it has been replaced in the loot table by Infallible Aether (which is in the Yokudan style).

Luckily, I do have a full set of Aether still sitting on a mule, so I can still wear that if I want to RP as the Mage Celestial. :D

Ah. That's really cool. I'm a little sad it's not a costume though! LOL

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And hey, lest I forget... we want these as well!

MawPPPL.png

zSqIrYL.png

ESO-Crown-Store-2.4.0-Sep-Adder.jpg

And yes...I'd actually like to see us get pets of THIS size!

Screenshot_20151220_082048_zpsjroucdbo.png

• LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Wait , you mean I can't get that sweet mask from the Mage? :(( I have some pieces from before but never managed to find the head piece!!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • boomerkid
    boomerkid
    Soul Shriven
    I want to change my hairstyle but i have to buy the token that changes the whole body even the race or something right? Is there a way to make just a cheaper hair one? I want a haircut not a facelift! I don't want to pay 1000 crowns for a haircut!!!! PLEASE RESPOND I don't want to pay that much but i want to change my hair thank you!!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boomerkid wrote: »
    I want to change my hairstyle but i have to buy the token that changes the whole body even the race or something right? Is there a way to make just a cheaper hair one? I want a haircut not a facelift! I don't want to pay 1000 crowns for a haircut!!!! PLEASE RESPOND I don't want to pay that much but i want to change my hair thank you!!

If you pay 1000 for the hair bundle, you can change your hair whenever you like. It is a one-time purchase and you get access to all of the base hair styles (base = the ones in character creator, no new ones). It is not 1000 per hair-cut; it is 1000 for changing as many times as you want.

Alternatively, you can wait for new hair styles to be released, as their starting price will be 200 per, and see if you like any of them.

You don't have to buy an appearance change token for changing your hair.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭

God, yes. You'd get my money within seconds if those were released, ZOS... and were actually given the quality treatment the product and customers deserve.
    "M'aiq knows much, and tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."
    ―M'aiq the Liar
  • boomerkid
    boomerkid
    Soul Shriven
    Abeille wrote: »

If you pay 1000 for the hair bundle, you can change your hair whenever you like. It is a one-time purchase and you get access to all of the base hair styles (base = the ones in character creator, no new ones). It is not 1000 per hair-cut; it is 1000 for changing as many times as you want.

Alternatively, you can wait for new hair styles to be released, as their starting price will be 200 per, and see if you like any of them.

Is that for one character or all your characters? THANKS for your answer it was awesome i didnt know any of that!!!!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Is that for one character or all your characters? THANKS for your answer it was awesome i didnt know any of that!!!!

The hairstyle pack goes to your 'collections' tab, which is account wide so you can use it on all your characters- just like with costume purchases.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petty crap betting the guar is 4k

Lol probably but Ima still buy it
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    Petty crap betting the guar is 4k

Lol probably but Ima still buy it

It's already on the PC Crown Store and it costs 1500 Crowns.

Meet my characters:

• Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    So when is the facial hair pack coming?
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    And on the subject of past items being offered again, I do believe that this should be an option. When one group of players has gear that cannot be obtained by newer players it creates a cosmetic caste system. The older players may appreciate that, but it is demoralizing to the new customers.

My solution would be to offer everything that has been sold before for one week, or even just weekend, of the year. Perhaps on the game's anniversary.

There are a few items I missed that I would certainly buy if given the chance.

Something I hope you will think about.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's the 25th and I don't see the new stuff up yet?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »

Because ZOS staff have already woken up.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »

Typically they don't post items until around 10-11am EST.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****