Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

• sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those of you who are experiencing long loading screens and missing NPCs, specifically, are you playing on the European or North American PS4 megaserver?

NA server.

Two days ago, I was going to get the Serpent Mundus in Greeshade.. So I teleported from Elden Root to the Wayshrine at the bottom left in Greenshade (the one closest to the Mundus stone)..

And from that Wayshrine to the mundus, I had a loading screen every 5-10 meters.
    I got 4 loading screens in that short span.

That 30 seconds walk took me 5 minutes.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problems I've noticed happening is my ability bars not switching when I first ask it to. This is a major problem in pvp when in combat. I've died plenty of times thinking I switched bars to shield up only to discover my bar hadn't switched and instead my character throws a curse. :disappointed: Even out of combat and just pressing my switch bar button it'll sometimes take up to at most FIVE tries. And that's just standing in place. I've watched my boyfriend on his screen try to swap bars and his isn't so bad as a stamblade. (We play on same wifi) It feels like only magic builds have this problem. I use a destro/resto set up.
    Edited by Seratopia on July 19, 2016 1:22PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    While we’re continuing to work on the issues mentioned on the first page of this thread, we do have a temporary workaround we’d like you to try. If you are experiencing random loading screens or invisible monsters/NPCs specifically, please try abandoning one quest at a time until the issue no longer persists. We understand this isn’t ideal, but have found this to help alleviate the problem. A more permanent fix will be included in a future patch, and we’re continuing to work on fixes for the other issues including crashing to the dashboard. Thanks for your continued patience.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gwythyr
    Gwythyr
    ✭✭
    I usually have no problems but today, after the latest maintenance (Login and Account), I keep getting kicked back onto the login screen. This happened three times - my character's became slow and my attacks didn't effect any enemies and then I'm kicked out.

I have good wifi for my PS4 EU game. Is anyone else effected like this today?
    Server: EU PSN
    Champion Points: 502

AD - Breton Sorceror
    EB - Templar Bosmer
    DC - Altmer Dragonknight
    AD - Khajiit Nightblade
    AD - Khajiit Templar
    DC - Dunmer Sorceror
    AD - Khajiit Warden
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we’re continuing to work on the issues mentioned on the first page of this thread, we do have a temporary workaround we’d like you to try. If you are experiencing random loading screens or invisible monsters/NPCs specifically, please try abandoning one quest at a time until the issue no longer persists. We understand this isn’t ideal, but have found this to help alleviate the problem. A more permanent fix will be included in a future patch, and we’re continuing to work on fixes for the other issues including crashing to the dashboard. Thanks for your continued patience.

Ah that's interesting, I'll give it a go. Is there any specific quests in mind or is it random?
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I just deleted all quests on one of my toons and relogged him into elden root . Everything was fully loaded before the load acreen finished :) . Wont be possible with my other guys but i can trim their quest lists a bit to try inprove it. Thanks for the update.
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • olioster
    olioster
    Soul Shriven

This actually helped! I don't understand how this could be connected to your quest log but it did help.
  • Noerknhar
    Noerknhar
    ✭✭✭
    I abandoned quests a week ago and things are running smoothly in comparison.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Check out the lag in Cyrodiil. It's completely unplayable.
  • Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    Once again ZOS

Abandoning quests actually helped. Tried it in Orsinium on several characters and I experience less loading screens, the npcs and the textures loaded faster. Did experience a single loading screen on a char with 7 quests. There were also still fps drops and some black players running around, and major lag in Cyrodiil (of course).
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried this and it worked for the gameplay session I was already in, but the next time I logged in everything was back to the laggy/slowloading/stuttering mess it was previously.
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on July 21, 2016 2:48PM
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleted 15 quests and performance improved a lot
  • derpymcsquirtle
    I'll give this a try when I get home...seems to work for most folk by looks of it
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I don't know it seems inconvenient because I have to grab them again but thank you for a work around and the ESO Plus subscription variety for console.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Still getting the occasional login issue and also a lot of transitioning (ie in/out of buildings/caves/zones etc) loading screen freezes => "unable to connect to game server. Please check your internet connection" messages. This was way better after the login maintenance, up until Friday. Then it got way worse.

And a LOT of silhouette players on actually loading into the game and when entering a new area by wayshrine.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Miralore
    Miralore
    Soul Shriven
    I keep getting the unable to connect message aswel. Everything was going fine for a few days, i could play for 2 hours without getting disconnected but now my character loads up and it disconnects straight away. Happens for all my characters no matter their location & i've deleted quests to see if it would help but it doesnt. The game has become unplayable again :(
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleted all missions (except main quest) and still had loading screens.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I deleted game twice
    2. Deleted all game saves. The 10mb saves on both console and psn storage
    3. Rebooted my ps4
    4. Rebuild ps4 database
    5. Opened the ports that required "my end"
    6. Deleted all my quests on all my characters (almost all. Couldn't delete main story quest. Wouldn't let me.)
    7. Took my PS4 fully apart. (Took all pieces out) since waranty expired and ps4 was dangerously over heating. Works brand new though.
    8. Question: I been having alot of power outages. Reading on internet. Could it be my hard drive is faulty? I heard it can cause lag on multiplayer games. My PS4 is always on power strip protector thing for electronics.
    9. I also always leave my ps4 on Internet since I have slow internet and want to download updates when available. Could this also be the reason?

All of these mentioned above. Not work for me. On PS4 EU server. (Unsure about question 8 though) With all the stuff mentioned above I still freeze around 4 enemys including Imperial City Sewres. I still get kicked out on PS4 EU. Always get "Must have valid internet connection error. After all the following above.

What funny is that the PC version works wonders. Way better than the PS4 EU. No offense. Least on PC PTS Server I mean. Works flawlessly. Henceforth I was wondering does both of the EU and NA maga servers need to get reboot a lot or upgrading bothe megaservers on PS4 since I'm kinda worried all the new players are coming to eso.

Which I'm really glad. Truly. But at prime time. I'm lagging in all of the city towns on both Daggerfall and Aldmeri continets. My internet provider says my internet is fine. In the end though. I believe in Zos. I know they will keep trying. Even though I have so many friends already left the game and some of my remaining friends are thinking of the same.

But I will still be here in ESO world. I have faith. I'm happy I still support Zos. Game makes me happy. However I disagree with the few following changes from the following DLC's including Imperial City for one. But it's ok. I understand.

Did I mentioned that dungeons are laggy also. I felt bad when I keep dying in imaginery circle that I couldn't see. I'm the world worst DK!... :neutral:

But yea before I go. If anyone who are unable to see npc's on enemy flags, enemy gates, and or enemy keeps. Especially for 25 minutes. Please contact Zos. They did help me. It truly works. Or you can just hard reset your ps4 (reboot?) to fix the problem. I literally wrote support tickets to Zos exclaiming I going to be baned. I love ZOS.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on July 25, 2016 2:58PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is now 6 weeks after release of the DB failure,
    and the console version still is unplayable.

Worst issues:
    - invisible quest givers
    - attacks by invisible mobs
    - loading screens while fighting mobs

As a healer, I am fed up being accused for wipes,
    because I get loading screens while fighting mobs (especially in COH),
    and after getting back from the loading screen the group is dead.

How many weeks do we console players have to suffer this mess?
    I have never witnessed such a buggy game on PS4.

Edited by BalticBlues on July 26, 2016 9:13PM
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm astonished, absolutely astonished that the game has been left in this state for so long.

I'm only selling to roving merchants and using remote crafting stations for deconstructing etc as visiting towns is just a mess of stuttering and loading screens.

What on earth are you doing Zenimax ???
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one toon down to a single quest... still having issues... what else should I abandon?? lol

Edit: I have a choice to make... like America has one... do I abandon the game, or my will to live?
    Edited by Rittings on July 31, 2016 5:51PM
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    So I have been gradually completing quests in my quest log without taking in new ones and that seems to have solved my problem. I'm down to about 6 or 7 active quests and I haven't had a repeating load screen in days, NPCs and quest markers are loading faster too.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New DLC in 2 weeks. Can't wait to see what hasn't been fixed by then, and also what is further broken.
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Really hoping the new DLC fixes many of the remaining performance issues. At times it becomes nearly unbearable to play.
    • FPS drops in PvP, after wayshrine, in dungeons
    • Invisible mobs in dungeons
    • PvP delayed actions (bar swapping, calling skills, opening doors, etc.)
    • Many loading screens to load area after way shrining and transit or travel load screens in PvP takes too long
    • At least 1 or 2 crashes every night (about every 1-2 hours of game play)

The remove quests work-around helped a bit, but there are still many performance issues left. My fear is, and from past experience, that 1-2 issues will be fixed then 3-4 new bugs introduced. Please right the ship ZOS.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭

This update was 2 weeks ago.....so when are we likely to see the game working as it should?

You do realise lots of PS4 players are moving to Neverwinter right?
  • tony1kenobi
    tony1kenobi
    Soul Shriven
    Is performance on PS4 still an issue, i've been away for over a year, but it seems like the game is still not functioning well. Has there been anymore talk about using the 7th Core to improve performance?

Utilize 7th core, reduce resolution to 720p up to 60fps.... just a thought.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is performance on PS4 still an issue, i've been away for over a year, but it seems like the game is still not functioning well. Has there been anymore talk about using the 7th Core to improve performance?

Utilize 7th core, reduce resolution to 720p up to 60fps.... just a thought.

They broke some stuff with some changes in the last patch so it is possibly worse that it was before you left....
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Totally lagging in Cyrodiil. Nothing has improved, just as bad as ever.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is now 6 weeks after release of the DB failure,
    and the console version still is unplayable.

Worst issues:
    - invisible quest givers
    - attacks by invisible mobs
    - loading screens while fighting mobs

As a healer, I am fed up being accused for wipes,
    because I get loading screens while fighting mobs (especially in COH),
    and after getting back from the loading screen the group is dead.

How many weeks do we console players have to suffer this mess?
    I have never witnessed such a buggy game on PS4.

I still can't even play. I get booted a few minutes after I log in. Literally unplayable. No issues with neverwinter or other online games. It's driving me insane. PS4 NA. Need zones and old, doesn't matter.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Hi , since the post where we were advised to erase quests from log it actually improved greatly for me :smile:
    but right now .. sadly pve sectors are laggy in a sence where i mount my horse but hear the whistle a few secs later and slow interaction with the x button for example , just minor
    but then in pve below veteran lvl ... unplayable , really not able to even understand voice channel in group without stuttering and the rest is very laggy and animation stuck in combat . very much latency
    The group disbanded , everyone decon'd

i'm on EU server