The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Bugs after patch

• Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Can't dye the Mannimarco costume. All others I have work. Not sure this is a bug or intentional just curious.

This is true, no dye channels are there. Hope this gets fixed.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tooltips no longer display the specialized item type (e.g. "Gourmet"). They display only the generic item type (e.g. "Food").

Dug into the ESO UI source and it looks like the second output of GetItemLinkItemType(itemLink), specializedItemType, is always returning 0 in the API.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus ...... I cant believe what will be when this *** comes on consoles , it is already a horror story for us ........
    PLEASE GOD SAVE US FROM THIS EVIL , DELAY THE PATCH AS LONG AS POSSIBLE ;(
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP emote glitch, too. That was a harmless bug! Why y'all gotta fix the harmless bugs, but not fix things like light attack and cloak?! Or Dragon Leap (the right way, not the band-aid way)?

The new sounds are also annoying to the point where the cringe videos are a masterpiece. nDSA doesn't seem to be dropping Master Weapons like they did before (two runs and nothing). And don't even get me started about some of the things that were supposedly fixed in there.

And for godsakes, please stop fixing what isn't broke! ._. Seriously @ZOS_GinaBruno what are they doing over there?
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Jesus ...... I cant believe what will be when this *** comes on consoles , it is already a horror story for us ........
    PLEASE GOD SAVE US FROM THIS EVIL , DELAY THE PATCH AS LONG AS POSSIBLE ;(

I don't think there's an Exorcist willing enough to delay it. That or trained enough.

7drHiqr.gif
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    The patch appears to have made my DK a total sourpuss.

LM3SmRw.jpg
  • KontrolledKhaos
    KontrolledKhaos
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but one new bug I've noticed is not being able to see a dungeon boss. I mean, they're there, but I can't see them at all.

Imagine standing there while your other group members are hacking and slashing away at what seems to be complete thin air. Luckily I was the healer and not a dps in the group, or else I wouldnt have been able to dps the boss at all!
    Edited by KontrolledKhaos on August 2, 2016 6:49AM
  • W1NNY1996
    W1NNY1996
    Soul Shriven
    Also noticed a new in game group bug. I group with someone accept their invite, but it doesn't show that we are in a group. Once they log off I can see them. Also, I cannot pass them lead and they are unable to disband or leave the group. Same problem as @Hortator Indoril Nerevar
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Asata wrote: »
    I ran into this on the PTS and reported it. Sad they didn't fix it. :/ I've only gotten it to occur when I use a blacksmithing station for some reason but opening and closing the crown store window will fix it (before it bugs out again).

• Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    Seems that all of my map tooltips are now in Japanese. Joy.

6jsbHVz.jpg
    Edited by Asata on August 2, 2016 6:54AM
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    Logged in and game said I was returned some skill points even though no skills were resetted. Thanks for the extra skill points though :)
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lolssi wrote: »
    Logged in and game said I was returned some skill points even though no skills were resetted. Thanks for the extra skill points though :)

sounds like racials were refunded :p
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, don't know if this is a bug or a ninja nerf...but anyways

Vicecanon used to be able to proc when you were cloaked [which means you're crouching yes?] It now no longer does that. It also used to proc on initial caltrops hit and it doesn't do that either now. Please respond, thank you
    Edited by Mutagem on August 2, 2016 8:00AM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Double Post
    Edited by Mutagem on August 2, 2016 8:00AM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was a larger disaster than I expected....
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Anyone getting a "Game has stopped working" error upon game exit?
    Win7x64 eso64.exe (direct launch from .exe not using launcher)
    I can get in fine and play but that kind of error usually means something isn't right and may indicate further corruption to follow.
    @SpAEkus
    That was reported many times during PTS testing. Oh well ...
    sad.gif

You mean they didn't take something that can be game breaking serious when it was mentioned on the PTS forums but instead focused on trivial things to implement to earn a buck? I would have never guessed!
  • DeltaSteve
    dsalter wrote: »

Which one though?

I still have 1/3/3/3 on my Redguard racial skills. And one skill point free.

• Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rataroto wrote: »
    Aetherian Archives is dropping Vicious Ophidian Piesces confirmed!

Wait so the VO set that has the 5% increased dmg bonus apart of it is now dropping in AA? Not the bad version but the boss dmg one?!
    Edited by Hortator Indoril Nerevar on August 2, 2016 8:42AM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DK has the same look! My other characters do not. It goes away when I log out and view her on the character select screen but as soon as I take her in game again, total sourpuss! I have one character that almost stands up while riding the mount at different random times and no it isn't due to jumping.

My characters spin around while I am looking at my inventory or doing anything in the UI like skills. Makes one a bit dizzy trying to deal with inventory.

Something wack with the blade of woe. When I use it now my view moves right to left quickly two times like the game can't find focus. Nothing is actually out of focus and blurry. Just the game doesn't know what it is suppose to look at after using the BoW. Again makes one want to barf after several kills.

LM3SmRw.jpg

Edited by Seravi on August 2, 2016 8:59AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

One character gets refund in racial points when another from class skill points. My DK for example had no racials refunded but instead 3 points from Earthen Heart, which I found accidentally.
    I was also thinking I got 3 skill points for free, when I first found nothing changed in racials :p

As for the bugs, I wonder what for my High Elf gets this 1% extra experience?
    I mean I can get 70% more from my armor traits and also much more from ambrosia - why would I need this 1% in racial passive?
    qYf9NxV.jpg
    Edited by Gargath on August 2, 2016 8:54AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Often times when using skills a very high pitch noise starts :<

Are you able to capture a short video of this happening, @Dreadhsif1978?

While I cannot do that, Power surge (or probably Surge as well) makes some weird echo when activated. Sometimes it sounds ok, sometimes it's like the sound bit rate goes down, so there some kind of "old phone" echo.

I can confirm this @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This audio problem happened to me as well yesterday, almost every time I activated power surge. Sometimes it's that echo that @maboleth wrote about, another time it's just a very pitchy noise or some kind of a 'modulated melody' (cannot describe it really ;) ).
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    The quest rewards from Ruins of Mazzatum are level 1.
    This happened with all our group.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downloaded the patch and it just launches to a critical error. Trying a repair now.
  • ESO_Maya
    ESO_Maya
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I sent support a screen shot of an example of my character shifting colors in game. Perhaps you can see the file I sent them (did not have a url to post it here). Thanks <3
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes many of us have grouping bugs , tried relogs disabled addons cant fix atm.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can get in fine and play but that kind of error usually means something isn't right and may indicate further corruption to follow.

I've had this issue for over as long as I can remember. Multiple machines. Rebuild them every 6 months or so. Fresh installs, not copied from backed. I've learned to live with it. :(
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're investigating a number of issues called out in this thread, but to give a few updates...

Junipus wrote: »
    The nodes from crafting writs being visible to everyone seems to be quite widespread.

Several Guildies have had it happen to them @ZOS_GinaBruno might be worth a look please :)
    Yep, we're aware and working on a fix for it now!

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is there an actual ETA for this? I can see the griefing becoming very real very quickly once word of this gets out
    This was actually hotfixed last night, and should no longer be an issue.

ADarklore wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »

I received the same error when exiting the game.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Seems to happen every time I quit the game on 64-bit client which was launched directly from .exe not from the launcher.
    This is a small bug that was carried over from the last PTS patch, and will be fixed soon.

Carbonised wrote: »
    Writs now require only ruby mats (as intended) but surveys give both ruby and void mats (which I assume is not intended).

Please fix.

@Bel_Shezzar, @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please respond about this issue. Not sure if this is a bug or simple oversight. I can't believe this would be intended. For those who perform daily writs on several chars (like me), this is a huge issue and one that I would hope is fixed as soon as possible, not put on the back burner for an incremental patch within the next month.
    We're working on getting this fixed in an incremental patch so only top tier mats will drop.

Morimizo wrote: »
    Can't dye the Mannimarco costume. All others I have work. Not sure this is a bug or intentional just curious.

This is true, no dye channels are there. Hope this gets fixed.
    This is a bug; you should be able to dye the Mannimarco costume. We're working on getting it fixed!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if mentioned, but you can't tab-target the adds in the Velidreth fight. It makes the battle far, far harder than it should be because you can't reliably attack the adds because if most adds will direct towards Velidreth even if she's far to the right or left of you. I like the battle mechanics, but dislike that I can't target the adds at all.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing sweeps from the magic Templar Aedrich skill line has taken a hit on an already low dps ability. Is this intentional?
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is some unknown bug when some people don't receiving weekly container from nMoL with new style from npc. For people like me, without twinks, it making painfull to get motif that drop once per weak for char, especially if it bugged and not drops.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    If my toon has dyed a costume, it might also obtain a very sour expression on its face. The corners of the Toon's mouth are turned down.

LM3SmRw.jpg

Which costume are you guys using, and which dyes?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post