The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Bugs after patch

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
Not surprisingly, a lot of non-existent new issues added by the patch. So far, with my magicka Templar I've found:

- Abilities not firing at all sometimes, probably because of the "sheathing fix" that messed with it instead of fix the most annoying bugs ever: weapons auto-sheathing inexplicably.
- No animation while porting to player. That silly choreography with a constellation. Nothing!
- Monsters getting stuck in walls and disappearing completely. I tried to do the World Boss in Auridon Heritance Proving Grounds, with a giant Clanfear and while doing his charging movement he got stuck inside the pillar. I ran off to disengage combat hoping for it to reset to its original position and guess what? He vanished! And no, there was no one around to kill him in the meantime

What's yours?
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • mike_de
    mike_de
    ✭✭✭
    Game crashes on start.
    Options
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Leather Nodes from clothier surveys are visible to everyone and do not respawn if taken by someone other than the person with the survey
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
    Options
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭
    First issues :
    -Cloak and merciless resolve make a very weird sound when I use it.
    -Less regen magicka
    -I have lost my only blink eye
    -group finder bug
    -Group tool bug
    -Motifs bug
    Edited by Patouf on August 9, 2016 3:10PM
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
    VØID

Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had a weird freeze effect. I could run around but I couldn't interact with nodes or mobs, and mobs didn't attack me.

It went on for quite a while then it unfroze and I had two mobs attacking me, but luckily I could also fight back.
    Options
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a strange ringing like sound when I use Relentless Focus, Shuffle, Resolving Vigor, etc, etc. I find this quite annoying.

Vigor takes you out of stealth now, too.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The nodes from crafting writs being visible to everyone seems to be quite widespread.

Several Guildies have had it happen to them @ZOS_GinaBruno might be worth a look please :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Abilities not firing at all sometimes, probably because of the "sheathing fix" that messed with it instead of fix the most annoying bugs ever: weapons auto-sheathing inexplicably.
    Which abilities specifically are you having trouble with?

freespirit wrote: »
    The nodes from crafting writs being visible to everyone seems to be quite widespread.

Several Guildies have had it happen to them @ZOS_GinaBruno might be worth a look please :)
    Yep, we're aware and working on a fix for it now!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool tyvm for the fast response :D
    Options
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Often times when using skills a very high pitch noise starts :<
    Options
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities not firing at all sometimes, probably because of the "sheathing fix" that messed with it instead of fix the most annoying bugs ever: weapons auto-sheathing inexplicably.
    Templar's bread-and-butter, Puncturing Sweeps and Aurora Javelin.

But the auto-sheathing is bothering for a very long time, with almost all abilities (as I don't spend time with sills I won't use)

I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone getting a "Game has stopped working" error upon game exit?

Win7x64 eso64.exe (direct launch from .exe not using launcher)

I can get in fine and play but that kind of error usually means something isn't right and may indicate further corruption to follow.
    Edited by SpAEkus on August 1, 2016 10:10PM
    Options
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crafting writs in german have been translated wrong and cant be made because of that.

b354834c-74210540.jpg

da4ef0a7-74210559.jpg
    Edited by Verbalinkontinenz on August 1, 2016 10:15PM
    Options
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least two of my toons are not able to logon into Reapers March - One is my Stam Sorc "Tweety Bard"...it takes a minute and a half it seems then eventually times out. "Unable to connect to game server. Make sure you have a valid Internet connection."

I LOLI (logout/ login) and pick another toon and no problem, arrg matey, figures my Stamina toons I want to play are affected..

I'll run a full file check, then maybe check back later in evening. :(

[update] All toons able to login after Repair ran. Not sure what it was.
    Edited by Cronopoly on August 1, 2016 10:24PM
    Options
  • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    josefcifkaeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A minor one - When in Collections menu trying on my costume, my character is facing random directions, never the "camera"
    (つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wierd sounds are playing, or skill sounds changed deliberatly, to wierd sounds.... take shuffle for instance, it sounds like a bell.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A minor one - Rapid maneuver icon is flashing when stamina reaches the required values and/or when stamina values change.
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bug but it needs a fix, Bruma rangers attack the guards of every alliance.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • ShadowPhoenix15
    :/ I did my writs on one of my chars & could only deliver the enchanting one.. lost the quests for clothing/blacksmith/woodworking and still have the items in bag :/

Also, don't know if this is connected to leather nodes from crafting writs being visible to everyone, but mine disappeared before I could harvest them :( Someone else was there there too..
    She-who-flees-from-battle-screaming
    Options
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen on 2 or 3 occasions mobs stuck in the scenery so it's not because of this patch.
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running a repair because of the crash at startup! Taking FORFECKINGEVER to redownload!

Edited by SteveCampsOut on August 2, 2016 3:48AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • ESO_Maya
    ESO_Maya
    ✭✭✭
    My character changes/shifts color and becomes invisible at random. It might be related to the new hair style options in the crownstore.
    Options
  • wachtung
    wachtung
    ✭✭
    Piercings seem to glow in the dark now, perhaps even missing textures, considering I remember them as being lot more brown/bronze-ish, not bright silver.

fa1ae3b2b75f08566a4eb7699d90c794.png

Options
  • WandaMey
    WandaMey
    ✭✭✭
    crafting writs in german have been translated wrong and cant be made because of that.

b354834c-74210540.jpg

da4ef0a7-74210559.jpg

for people still using the addon "Wandalize for Khrill Crafting Post-It" to craft their writs in one click, just replace : GetCraftingSkillName by ZO_GetCraftingSkillName at the line where the error is thrown, and it should craft the right item.
    (it did on pts)

You can uncomment the few commented lines after this (remove the -- in front of them) in case lvl 9 writs were changed too, but it was unnecessary on pts.
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since the patch, the default expression on my characters faces sometimes changes to a stupid looking smile.

whatever caused this needs to go away, fast.

eta: and why is half my post covered up? :/
    Edited by Lylith on August 2, 2016 3:02AM
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Are you able to capture a short video of this happening, @Dreadhsif1978?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't dye the Mannimarco costume. All others I have work. Not sure this is a bug or intentional just curious.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to capture a short video of this happening, @Dreadhsif1978?

While I cannot do that, Power surge (or probably Surge as well) makes some weird echo when activated. Sometimes it sounds ok, sometimes it's like the sound bit rate goes down, so there some kind of "old phone" echo.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel now . I don't mind though I'm RPing as a stealth fighter .
    Options
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭

freespirit wrote: »

Yep, we're aware and working on a fix for it now!

Awesome! Thanks guys :D
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
    Options
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncle Sheo's been helping again, hasn't he...

(PC NA)

0a01.jpg
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

Options