The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you think this game will keep growing?

attackjet
attackjet
✭✭✭✭
I want to write a bunch of stuff but I'm on break at work and can't really think of anything.

So you go ahead!

Write some interesting stuff
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like.... content-wise? If so, YES!!! :) so much good stuff on the way.

If you mean population-wise, I also think it will grow but it depends entirely on ZOS fixing stuff.

Console ESO literally is falling apart with severe performance issues. Releasing more big updates without fixing it will make the game literally unplayable in all content (currently only unplayable in some content).
    Edited by Vaoh on July 29, 2016 10:58PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetrolls have been known to induce skooma addiction.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Growing as in more pear shaped lol
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetrolls have been known to induce skooma addiction.

hqdefault.jpg
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    Only if they fix what's broken and improve the customer service experience.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • Parablodia
    Parablodia
    ✭✭
    Just like the song. 'Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow!'
  • RoyalSlyness
    RoyalSlyness
    ✭✭
    I don't have any actual user data to back this up so it's all just observations from my previous experience with MMO's.

If we haven't already, we'll likely see peak population soon. It will then start to drop. As more and more content is added and level caps (CP) is increased the bar to entry for new players becomes too much. The PvP community becomes more specialized and more difficult to enter as well.

As more MMO's pop up (especially on console. I've had a couple hardcore folks quit ESO for Neverwinter already) more of the base will dwindle.

If you look at twitch streams for instance, the top streamers viewer numbers don't begin to compete with other games.

Now this doesn't mean the game won't continue to thrive with a dedicated base of players far into the future or be fun.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it has been slowly dying lately. I think that is why they won't commit to release a new large-scale adventure zone.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it has been slowly dying lately. I think that is why they won't commit to release a new large-scale adventure zone.

My guess is, that One Tamriel is more work than one would expect - if they want to get this right.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think will keep growing. There will be spikes of new members after new Elder Scrolls games are launched and new fans get to know the franchise, would be natural to look for a MMO. But I think the poorly management of the game damaged the growing rate permanently. Sadly they split their fronts to satisfy the peasant kids. Had it stayed on PC it would be much easier to manage and no spreading the butt cheeks for Microsoft and Sony's whims. Console kids are a blight upon earth and I wish companies who had their success on PC would stop pursuing these inferior customers. Whilst I think is too late to benefit from a hype it had when it first launched, it will definately remain online, if SWTOR could survive then any game can.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    attackjet wrote: »
    Do you think this game will keep growing?

I think that odd forum threads will keep growing.

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it will keep growing that's what mmo's do, but in this case at a snails pace, the new more often episodes are really small and the content is very light, this game needs a major expansion, then fill in the outer areas with dlc's, I am afraid these smaller dlc's will not have people come back to the game for two dungeons, I think people will wait until two or more of these episodes are released then pop back for a couple of weeks. As along time player these smaller dlc's do not offer much.
  • RoyalSlyness
    RoyalSlyness
    ✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    Console kids are a blight upon earth and I wish companies who had their success on PC would stop pursuing these inferior customers.

Inferior customers? Please, elaborate.
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    Cously wrote: »
    Console kids are a blight upon earth and I wish companies who had their success on PC would stop pursuing these inferior customers.

Inferior customers? Please, elaborate.

I am unsure what makes me a console kid and an inferior customer?

Very stereotypical and rather insulting jilted view point.

Gaming racism!
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real question is, will the number of times you post this thread keep growing?