Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dro-m'Athra: Why I Really Don't Want It

Opeline
Opeline
✭✭✭
Okay, hear me out. This isn't really about not wanting it at all. This is literally just a post about how I don't want it to be a crafted set.

As it stands, this amazing motif can only be seen by running through and beating the bosses in both normal and veteran mode Maw of Lorkhaj. This is perfect to me, because it makes sense. You would see these style drop from such a dungeon pertaining to the Dro-m'Athra. Just like you would see the Akavir style of the war and blood hungry Akaviri from PvP. ( might be stretching that bit just a little.. Tiiiny bit). You can also get it by placing on the trial weekly leaderboards. This is also fine and dandy, because it allowws you a chance at this gear even if you are not skilled enough to run the other aforementioned runs. It gives you a sense of accomplishment. Crafting this. Does not.

That being said, I would just like to point out that I have a solution to how this could be an accomplishment. How this could keep a lot of the trials relevant and things.
  1. Make it so this style only drops in the trials. I would love to see it only drop in the hardest version, but I know that it cannot be done just like that without the entire game base going beserk. So, I will offer a counter to that. Allow it a chance to drop in every trial, but at different percentages. The normal being a certain base percent and the hardmode of normal being a bit more. Vet being even more than normal hardmode and then Vet hardmode being even harder. (Depending on if that's how they are going to work it with the revamps to all dungeons)
  2. I would personally love to see this style become BoP so that it cannot tank the market. With it beinng unbuyable, I would love to also see it unpurchaseable from the crown store. It would be better from crown store than from buying it on the market simply because it would make it bound on buy from there. Still, that leads into the next bulletin.
  3. Even if it is bound on buy from crown store, can we please have it where the style material is BoP from the trials? It just makes sense that this is a hard to get style. That meaning, I would personally love to see this one style (and some in the future follow this) only be craftable by the style material and not the mimic stones. This will help keep the trials relevant.

I am busting my arse in trials to get good at them, to maybe finally be getting on that leaderboard for vMoL and I am getting there, I really am. A lot of other people should be trying for that honor too. Maybe not the super casual people, but those that do trials. It's something to strive for.. And while I RP and use the light Dro-m'Athra set as my RP gear, it would kill me and make me feel like my struggle to get this gear was for nothing.

I know, I probably sound like a whining ***-baby, but this is just how I feel and figured that others might feel the same or be able to bounce ideas off each other for the Devs to maybe take this into account.
Why are you so afraid of what others are going to say about you? ***'em and feed'em fish eggs.

Champion Rank 561

Lillith Sohineh - Imperial Werewolf Healplar
Sonja Gaercroft - Breton Healplar
Casnia Nightthorn - Bosmer Werewolf Stamplar
Elsynia - Bosmer Werewolf Stamknight
Psythanna - Altmer Magiblade
Llalayne - Dunmer MagiKnight

Aetherian Archive HM - √, Sanctum Ophidia HM - √, Hel Ra Citadel HM - √, Dragonstar Arena - √
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opeline wrote: »
    Okay, hear me out. This isn't really about not wanting it at all. This is literally just a post about how I don't want it to be a crafted set.

As it stands, this amazing motif can only be seen by running through and beating the bosses in both normal and veteran mode Maw of Lorkhaj. This is perfect to me, because it makes sense. You would see these style drop from such a dungeon pertaining to the Dro-m'Athra. Just like you would see the Akavir style of the war and blood hungry Akaviri from PvP. ( might be stretching that bit just a little.. Tiiiny bit). You can also get it by placing on the trial weekly leaderboards. This is also fine and dandy, because it allowws you a chance at this gear even if you are not skilled enough to run the other aforementioned runs. It gives you a sense of accomplishment. Crafting this. Does not.

That being said, I would just like to point out that I have a solution to how this could be an accomplishment. How this could keep a lot of the trials relevant and things.
    1. Make it so this style only drops in the trials. I would love to see it only drop in the hardest version, but I know that it cannot be done just like that without the entire game base going beserk. So, I will offer a counter to that. Allow it a chance to drop in every trial, but at different percentages. The normal being a certain base percent and the hardmode of normal being a bit more. Vet being even more than normal hardmode and then Vet hardmode being even harder. (Depending on if that's how they are going to work it with the revamps to all dungeons)
    2. I would personally love to see this style become BoP so that it cannot tank the market. With it beinng unbuyable, I would love to also see it unpurchaseable from the crown store. It would be better from crown store than from buying it on the market simply because it would make it bound on buy from there. Still, that leads into the next bulletin.
    3. Even if it is bound on buy from crown store, can we please have it where the style material is BoP from the trials? It just makes sense that this is a hard to get style. That meaning, I would personally love to see this one style (and some in the future follow this) only be craftable by the style material and not the mimic stones. This will help keep the trials relevant.

I am busting my arse in trials to get good at them, to maybe finally be getting on that leaderboard for vMoL and I am getting there, I really am. A lot of other people should be trying for that honor too. Maybe not the super casual people, but those that do trials. It's something to strive for.. And while I RP and use the light Dro-m'Athra set as my RP gear, it would kill me and make me feel like my struggle to get this gear was for nothing.

I know, I probably sound like a whining ***-baby, but this is just how I feel and figured that others might feel the same or be able to bounce ideas off each other for the Devs to maybe take this into account.

? This happens in any mmo.

1. Hard content comes out and people farm for cool mounts/items from there.
    2. Good players and tryhards end up getting gear. Casuals whine about not being able to get gear.
    3. In the end, when new content comes out, old content becomes obsolete due to either gear or level cap etc etc increasing.
    4. Everyone is able to acquire said item/mount/title etc.

So there really is nothing for you to worry about. Its just a motif. You will still have your exclusive title to go with that look. Eventually tho, you have to understand that those items will be available to all.

Another thing to consider is the amount of money ZOS can make from that motif.... I really doubt they are going to pass up on being able to sell that especially after the Dro-m'Athra senche went for 4k crowns lol....
    Edited by Vangy on July 5, 2016 1:04AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want is for them to finally add the Yokudan motif to Sanctum. TBH, the MoL looks rather ugly.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna quote myself here on my motif thread....
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Motif 35. Dromothra Not-Craftable
    (will become craftable in Update 11)
    Dro-mAthra-Light-Armor.jpg
    gp_crwn_bundle_dromothra_1x1.jpg
    Sets in this style:
    Light:
    • Twilight's Remedy
    • Moondancer
    Medium:
    • Roar of Alkosh
    Heavy:
    • Lunar Bastion
    How to obtain the Crafting Motif and Style Material:
    Motif: The chapters for this motif can be obtained through turning in the quest which completes the Maw of Lorkhaj trial. You can very rarely obtain the full book this way as well. The difficulty setting will not affect this reward.
    Style Material - Defiled Whiskers: This style material can be obtained through turning in the Maw of Lorkhaj quest upon completion of the trial, regardless of difficulty setting. It is also occationally lootable from Maw of Lorkhaj bosses on Normal Mode, while always lootable from the same bosses on Veteran Mode. Rakkhat will drop multiple Defiled Whiskers if slain on Veteran Mode.

No need to worry! Just research before creating a thread like this please! :)
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna quote myself here on my motif thread....
    Motif 35. Dromothra Not-Craftable
    (will become craftable in Update 11)
    Dro-mAthra-Light-Armor.jpg
    gp_crwn_bundle_dromothra_1x1.jpg
    Sets in this style:
    Light:
    • Twilight's Remedy
    • Moondancer
    Medium:
    • Roar of Alkosh
    Heavy:
    • Lunar Bastion
    How to obtain the Crafting Motif and Style Material:
    Motif: The chapters for this motif can be obtained through turning in the quest which completes the Maw of Lorkhaj trial. You can very rarely obtain the full book this way as well. The difficulty setting will not affect this reward.
    Style Material - Defiled Whiskers: This style material can be obtained through turning in the Maw of Lorkhaj quest upon completion of the trial, regardless of difficulty setting. It is also occationally lootable from Maw of Lorkhaj bosses on Normal Mode, while always lootable from the same bosses on Veteran Mode. Rakkhat will drop multiple Defiled Whiskers if slain on Veteran Mode.

No need to worry! Just research before creating a thread like this please! :)

Think the OP knows about this but dosent want it to come out this way. Like OP mentions that the style should be BOP. Im not too sure if the motif books are BOP as of now though. I would be surprised if it is. Motifs have always been tradeable.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it BoE so people who run trials have more ways to make gold.

Frankly, I strongly dislike the notion of make-it-BoP-so-I-can-feel-special. And this is coming from someone who has vMA weapons in good traits, full sets of the (rather unexciting) MoL gear, three full sets of SPC, and various other BoP goodies.

Having all that BoP gear doesn't make me feel special--no, it just meant that I had to deal with more RNG cancer than I would've otherwise had this gear been BoE instead. If it was BoE, then I could make some gold off of all the excess gold Twilight Remedy rings that I have absolutely no use for. If I wanted a pat on the back for completing certain content, that's what leaderboards and exclusive titles, pets, etc. are for.
    Edited by code65536 on July 5, 2016 3:15AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Opeline
    Opeline
    ✭✭✭
    I merely mean that it seems a little silly all around for you to have these really nice looking styles that feel like a really good reward for those of us that actually try to do these trials and hard things. Taking that and making it into an easily craftable style makes all that running feel pretty worthless.
    Why are you so afraid of what others are going to say about you? ***'em and feed'em fish eggs.

Champion Rank 561

Lillith Sohineh - Imperial Werewolf Healplar
    Sonja Gaercroft - Breton Healplar
    Casnia Nightthorn - Bosmer Werewolf Stamplar
    Elsynia - Bosmer Werewolf Stamknight
    Psythanna - Altmer Magiblade
    Llalayne - Dunmer MagiKnight

Aetherian Archive HM - √, Sanctum Ophidia HM - √, Hel Ra Citadel HM - √, Dragonstar Arena - √
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Opeline wrote: »
    I merely mean that it seems a little silly all around for you to have these really nice looking styles that feel like a really good reward for those of us that actually try to do these trials and hard things. Taking that and making it into an easily craftable style makes all that running feel pretty worthless.

Are you saying you don't enjoy doing trial and you only do them to get items? And is your sense of accomplishment based on looking superior to others?

I usually try to play games I enjoy playing. I'm not into keeping up with the Joneses.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the people who are dedicated crafters shouldn't get any feeling of accomplishment for learning all the styles in the game, unless they also happen to dedicate most of their play time to every. Single. Other activity in the game EXCEPT crafting. :|

Don't forget that you and every other person who runs end-game content benefits from having it be craftable--you can now have gear in the Motif customized to your role and build, rather than being stuck with the dropped sets.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I want something to feel special and superior, and I don't want the common mob to be able to have it too" is basically what I read here.

Like it has already been stated, the motif drops from the trial only, and the style material drops from the trial only, with higher chances on vet than on normal, so yeah, stop feeling so entitled.

Considering that motif pages sell for like 10-55k per PIECE of a 13 page motif, it's pretty much achievement enough to be able to earn enough gold to buy them all, or grind them yourself in the various tedious daily quests and whatnot.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    "I want something to feel special and superior, and I don't want the common mob to be able to have it too" is basically what I read here.

That's how I read it too.
    Motif looks ugly though... like the lovely Khajiiti style but with scribbles on top (which cannot be dyed).
    PC-EU