Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hero Costumes

• Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    Elf
    elf cause she was hot
  • Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭
    None
    I nearly bought the Altmer costume. I thought it was decently done and it looked cool. Ultimately, it wasn't the same costume it was inspired by and that's why I passed. A little more skin like in the cinematic trailers and I might've considered the silly high pricing... but only the once.
    "M'aiq knows much, and tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."
    ―M'aiq the Liar
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    With enough complaint threads and polls ZOS will see the errors of their ways and remodel the costumes.

Not.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Nord but I didn't look at the in game preview I just bought it, after the no cape fact and the fact that it didn't really look like the Nord costume apart from the epic helmet, I didn't buy the others as well.

A shame really, but I learned my lesson, stick with mounts that's why I bought the Doom wolf and not the Breton hero costume.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    Breton
    Breton and it looks terrible
    War....war never changes
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Three
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    With enough complaint threads and polls ZOS will see the errors of their ways and remodel the costumes.

Not.

Honestly, expecting a rework of the costumes is kinda a non-start. Simply because of the absolute firestorm that ZOS took over the Orc and Redguard motif overhauls.

The community set fire to the place because the motifs were significantly altered, and some of the unique elements of the Redguard style got lost. But, the message that ZOS received was, "don't derp around with our existing motifs ever."

Unless there's a serious bug, I doubt we'll see any changes to item aesthetics in the future. The old armor motifs will stay painted on because of that as well, probably. Which is a huge shame, because I'd love to see the basic armor styles getting bulked up to look like actual armor. But, complaints... :\
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf

Not.

Honestly, expecting a rework of the costumes is kinda a non-start. Simply because of the absolute firestorm that ZOS took over the Orc and Redguard motif overhauls.

The community set fire to the place because the motifs were significantly altered, and some of the unique elements of the Redguard style got lost. But, the message that ZOS received was, "don't derp around with our existing motifs ever."

Unless there's a serious bug, I doubt we'll see any changes to item aesthetics in the future. The old armor motifs will stay painted on because of that as well, probably. Which is a huge shame, because I'd love to see the basic armor styles getting bulked up to look like actual armor. But, complaints... :\

They could at least fix the chest on female costumes. I don't think anyone would complain. The Elven Hero costume doesn't have this bug, but many others do.

Here, it is easier to see on the Breton costumes that have a lower cut, which is why I call it the "Breton Uniboob Bug":

wBHKBKY.jpg

First is the High-Collared Coin Ball Gown (already removed from the Crown Store, so I have little hope it will be fixed), third is the Corseted Outfit.
    Elven Hero and Whisperwelft Gala Wear added for comparison.

Before anyone tries to say this breast-flattening is normal, consider the appearance of that part of the outfit on the Corseted Outfit. The blouse is loose, it is made to give the illusion of soft cloth with plenty of space in there.

This is not normal. This is caused by ZOS using a deformed male torso model instead of a female torso model. I really hope it is fixed one day, especially the High-Collared Coin Ball Gown, because except for that bug it looks absolutely gorgeous when dyed.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Yep, the Breton fat ninja suit sucks and its mainly due to the game not having coat/cloak meshes. On the other hand I cant really complain about the quality of the Altmer costume. With dyes its hands down my favorite costume in game.

hQYnLlJ.jpg

Yeah, I like this as well, and if I would have known earlier, that there will be costume dyes coming, I would have bought it. My complains with this costume were mainly about the color scheme, which was nothing like the concept art.
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭

Not.

Somehow I doubt ZOS got that message, or they would have put those styles back as they were.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton

Not.

Honestly if they just worked out the bugs on the breton armour I would be happy :
    Coat glued to your knees
    Bald head
    Front flap sticking out
    and weopon clipping if possible

Too bad for the texture, they're not going to rework that.
    PC/EU DC