The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hero Costumes

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Three
    The Nord and the Breton are terrible and someone should be accountable for allowing them to be released in the condition they were released in. I hold myself accountable for the expenditure but as it was my money and I don't enjoy being angry at myself I have forgiven myself and moved on.

The Elf costume turned out very nice even on a male character.

The only reason I bought the Breton costume after using the preview button was knowing costume dying was coming next patch and on the off chance they back end upgrade the textures on the Nord and Breton costume.

I shouldn't hope so much I know but I have forgiven myself for that to.
    Edited by acw37162 on July 23, 2016 3:46AM
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    None
    I bought the elven one, was going to buy that new one, but oh well...
    @Dromede wrote: »
    Can someone please post full frontal view of the costume please? Stuck at work till late night, no chance of checking it out :(

Breton?
    DRkE9LS.jpg

coneheads1re3.6595.jpg

?
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf
    didn't buy it, wish i had.
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    Elf
    was most hyped about the breton costume, but after seeing it... was not super impressed
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • karakondzula
    karakondzula
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Way too overpriced for the looks.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I have bought none of them. Two reasons.

1. The outrageous price tag.
    2. The very poor quality and outright distortion of them.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf
    I bought the elf because it doesn't look too bad on my Altmer sorc.

But the Nord looked awful & the Breton one makes my Breton look fat. It's just plain terrible.

I think ZOS should remodel them all & offer them at a discounted price to show some good will.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I previewed them but thought they didn't look so great so I didn't buy.....
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elf
    I bought all three, but I didn't see that option because I'm a big dumb idiot.

Elf one is my favorite, and the Breton costume is AWFUL. Can't wait to be able to dye them, though.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf
    was most hyped about the breton costume, but after seeing it... was not super impressed

It really was overhyped. I almost skipped the Elf Hero to wait for the Breton Hero. I am so glad I ended up buying the Elf Hero back then, or I would severely regret skipping on it now.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Delgent
    Delgent
    ✭✭✭
    None
    I have a pile of crowns burning a hole in my coin purse and really wanted to lighten it a bit on the Breton Hero costume, but compared to my regular old crafted and dyed armor, the hero costume doesn't look so heroic. I wistfully passed.

I considered buying and hoping for a rework of the graphics, but I don't have the confidence right now that that will happen. So disappointed...
    To live for good is to die in the name of honor.
    SEEK AND DESTROY
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    None of them looked even close to the art to me so I was very disappointed, and did not buy any even though usually I am a sucker for all the outfits. Elf one disappointed me the most, as if the company says to me that 'decent women should cover up' or something. No thanks, I wanna show my thighs ingame and irl.
  • Maztiax
    Maztiax
    ✭✭✭
    lol I love how ZoS knew they didn't have to put any effort into the costume and it would still sell well
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    None
    None of them even look close to the ones that are shown in the promos.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • nyxnox
    nyxnox
    ✭✭
    None
    None. So ugly, and only worse on female characters. Why do all the costumes make my characters look like broad chested female wrestlers? Most of the new motifs too..
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    The price just wasn't right.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf
    I bought the Elf costume because I like it and don't care if the thighs are covered. I missed the Nord one but I don't like how it looks anyway. The Breton one I was looking forward to but it a poor piece of work. I wont be buying it.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Silverado
    Silverado
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Didn't need a "hero" costume so I could "feel" more like a hero. Kicking Molag Bals' a** already accomplished that feeling for me.
    Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf 310 CP
    Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    None of them, but I almost bought the Nord Hero one, but it looked so bad on my character in the preview. My gal is totally rockin the Dragon Warrior costume though! Cheaper, looks great, can't wait to dye it different colors.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    They look like ....
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    None
    nyxnox wrote: »
    None. So ugly, and only worse on female characters. Why do all the costumes make my characters look like broad chested female wrestlers? Most of the new motifs too..

Check out the female armor thread. The gist is the concept is modeled on a male char and sized accordingly to your char.
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    They dont rly look any good..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the elven one, was going to buy that new one, but oh well...
    @Dromede wrote: »
    Can someone please post full frontal view of the costume please? Stuck at work till late night, no chance of checking it out :(

Breton?
    DRkE9LS.jpg

(Removed spoiler)

This is terrible but ya know, none look anything like the video which is fine however for 2000 crowns, these need to be the best costumes period because you're asking for roughly $20. That's half the game price in some areas.

It's DLC prices for a half done outfit.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonborn armor >
    Master Debater
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    None of them, but I almost bought the Nord Hero one, but it looked so bad on my character in the preview. My gal is totally rockin the Dragon Warrior costume though! Cheaper, looks great, can't wait to dye it different colors.

indeed, that costume was worth the price - 1000 for the dragon warrior was acceptable and well worth it. It just needs a less "clean" look, so I wait for being able to dye it as well and give it a bit more of a worn look.
    Edited by Lysette on July 24, 2016 12:41AM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf
    I bought the Nord because I thought I might use it on future characters... I haven't. Elf because, without the hood, it actually does look pretty good- even better when dyed- so I actually do use this on occasion. The Breton... HECK NO!! I previewed this on my characters and it looks like pure ^*&^(*&%... whoever at ZOS that is responsible for approving the final design needs to be replaced!! This is the absolute WORST interpretation of the three ESO cinematic 'heroes' that I have seen! Not even dying it would make it look good, the design itself is atrocious. If I were in charge and someone brought me this design, they would be looking for a new job the next day, because it's beyond unacceptable IMO.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    None, they are all ugly imo.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only been around in ESO long enough to potentially buy the Breton costume. It looks horrendous on all of my female characters. I only have one male character, and he is loosely based off Strong Belwas of ASOIAF fame...

The previews are hilarious:
    2cgelgh.jpg

fmnqtl.jpg

What is going on at the back, there? I can't... I just can't even.

He looks much better in his swashbuckler gear.
    29c3oyt.jpg

awvloh.jpg

In sum: the Breton costume makes thin characters look portly, and portly characters like... misshapen potatoes? I dunno.
    Edited by Aurielle on July 24, 2016 3:27PM
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I've wanted it for ages and when it finally came out I had problems with my PC. Logged in for just long enough to purchase it. Then I had to wipe my PC and start from scratch. So I didn't see the mess it really was... until I came to the forums...yeah, starting to regret it... :'(
    PC/EU DC
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf
    I've wanted it for ages and when it finally came out I had problems with my PC. Logged in for just long enough to purchase it. Then I had to wipe my PC and start from scratch. So I didn't see the mess it really was... until I came to the forums...yeah, starting to regret it... :'(

Sadly, the Breton hero costume could have been so much more, but in the end it was the biggest let-down of the three IMO.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****