Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hero Costumes

• MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I need to be careful with what i say here. But i have contracted very bad diseases by looking at the costumes and do not want to book chemo... I mean a doctors appointment any time soon.
    But i was actually very excited for the breton costume, and that turned into disappointment. You can hear the disappointment when you hit spacebar on the doom wolf.
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    None of them even look good to what our expectations have been all along. Its pathetic! Their ugly, awkward, make your hair disappear or are just plain bland.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Three
    I'm a subscriber, so I went for them everytime. They're pretty mediocre tho and I personally want them remodeled.

If you buy crowns, they're not worth the money. That's for sure.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Lysette wrote: »
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Haha, I get confused for a man too. At least once a day.

Edit: Online I mean. I'm very much a woman IRL.

Cazzy sounds pretty female to me (basically short of Cassandra?), but with AlienSlof it's not that easy to say, what gender this might be.

I thought male too but saw the "Crazy Cat Lady" in her sig. I wouldn't have guessed otherwise.

Yeah it can be! My real name is Carmen but my friends just call me Caz/Cazzy :tongue:
    Edited by Cazzy on July 21, 2016 6:09PM
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    I'd have bought the Nord hero costume if it weren't for the red markings. I don't really have a great interest in the other ones, I prefer normal costumes and armor.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Cazzy
      Cazzy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      None
      AlienSlof wrote: »
      Yeah, my nick is genderless, could be either! I most often was mistaken for a gay man because I made a lot of sexy male mods! ;)

ZOS need to get some decent clothing modellers in. I could convert one gender's gear to another with way better results.

They need to hire you immediately!
    • josefcifkaeb17_ESO
      josefcifkaeb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      None
      I was waiting for the Breton costume for so long... thinking the last costume would be the best... Well, at least I don't have to spend any money -_-
      (つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Moglijuana
      Moglijuana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nord
      I bought the nord one initially wanting to have all three...but when these past two came out...im glad it was jus the nord one I purchased. IMO it looks the best compared to the other lackluster models. Can't wait to dye it!
      Edited by Moglijuana on July 21, 2016 6:15PM
      Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
      Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
      Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    • menedhyn
      menedhyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      They're too fussy for my taste. Aesthetics are extremely subjective, mind.
      'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
    • Defilted
      Defilted
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      I find costumes to be pointless. If you cannot craft it, it makes it feel fake. (In game anyway, faker than the made up fantasy game)

Always seems cool when you find that rare drop or make that hard to find mats for crafted armor and then wear it. There is zero satisfaction to buying and wearing a costume.

There was only one moment in the game where a costume were great (still are) and that was putting heals/tanks/DPS in different costumes for rez priority in trials.
      XBOX NA
      XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    • Lysette
      Lysette
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      Defilted wrote: »
      I find costumes to be pointless. If you cannot craft it, it makes it feel fake. (In game anyway, faker than the made up fantasy game)

Always seems cool when you find that rare drop or make that hard to find mats for crafted armor and then wear it. There is zero satisfaction to buying and wearing a costume.

There was only one moment in the game where a costume were great (still are) and that was putting heals/tanks/DPS in different costumes for rez priority in trials.

I see costumes more as illusion magic - we basically cast/summon those, they are not real, they just look "as if" I would wear them to the eyes of someone who is vulnerable to this illusion magic. The noise is not effected by this, when I roll dodge or jump the noise is still that of what I am actually wearing, never that of the optical illusion.
    • bebynnag
      bebynnag
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      overpriced & they didnt appeal to me (style wise)
    • GreenSoup2HoT
      GreenSoup2HoT
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      None
      So i just bought the Breton Hero costume... Does this costume make my female characters forehead look big?

tumblr_oaoginAHQa1uqasspo1_1280.jpg

Overall im pretty dissappointed with what i just purchased. The only reason i bought it is because i know it's only avalible for a limited time. Soon Costume Dye's will be out and at least then this Costume will look decent in other color's.

HOWEVER ZOS, BIGGEST COMPLAINT...

You can't be making cloak's and attaching them to the leg's. I don't care if there are no physic's for the cloak but you can at least let it drape out a little while i crouch or walk. Seriously. I don't even care if it's skyrim vanilla cloak quality. Anything it better then what we have now. This goes for some motif's as well, the outlaw motif legs also stick to your character when they should be "cloak like".

I think it's time Cloaks got a redesign.

You guys have already proven that physic's are possible because the front/butt flap and guild tabards have nice physics and move nicely. Please make cloaks more cloak like :(

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 21, 2016 6:40PM
      PS4 NA DC
    • rhapsodious
      rhapsodious
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      So i just bought the Breton Hero costume... Does this costume make my forehead look big?

Not to alarm you, but she may want to be checked for hydrocephaly.

Holding out that this will look decent on my Argonian (who is tiny, slim and not endowed in the slightest), but I'm having a really hard time justifying the cost to quality ratio.
    • Praeficere
      Praeficere
      ✭✭✭✭
      None
      The other two were okay, but the Breton Hero costume looks like something a 4 year old made with coloured paper and a glue stick.
      Though the shadow has moved not,
      A thousand miles I’ve passed –
      Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
      PC EU Progression Guild
    • Lysette
      Lysette
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      So i just bought the Breton Hero costume... Does this costume make my forehead look big?

Not to alarm you, but she may want to be checked for hydrocephaly.

Holding out that this will look decent on my Argonian (who is tiny, slim and not endowed in the slightest), but I'm having a really hard time justifying the cost to quality ratio.

Hm, Argonian and hoods is problematic - the only one which really suits my Argonian is the one from the Jagspur costume.
    • SleepyTroll
      SleepyTroll
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Breton
      The one that I wanted most. I regret buying this.
    • Dedricus
      Dedricus
      ✭✭✭
      All Three
      Mods said we're having the discussion here!

pM7YDHF.png
    • Voxicity
      Voxicity
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Breton
      Dedricus wrote: »
      Mods said we're having the discussion here!

pM7YDHF.png

Too high resolution

2yxrcxy.png

More accurate representation
    • Thornen
      Thornen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      None, all of the hero costumes have been bad plain and simple. Did buy the doom cow mount as I still have a tonne of crowns leftover from when I used to sub.
    • FloppyTouch
      FloppyTouch
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      None
      I really wanted them but all 3 are just ugly not at all like I thought they would be. Was very disappointed in the quality of the costume.
    • Dromede
      Dromede
      ✭✭✭✭
      Elf
      Can someone please post full frontal view of the costume please? Stuck at work till late night, no chance of checking it out :(
      Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
      Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
      Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
      V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
      Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
      Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
      Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
      Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
    • Osukā
      Osukā
      None
      The front of the Breton hero costume is fine even good for some characters for me, but then you find the comepletely lack of physics on the cloak, which is glued to the back of your legs, and I don't like that. They should've added metal on the shoulders and parts of the chest, I wasn't really expecting this:

00e32da836ea3ecaf43a157ded6d2403.jpg

or this of course:

tumblr_md6shb6wRj1qzwtdlo1_500.jpg?width=421&height=600

But at least a nice 3D work on the shoulders, parts of the chest, belt and the physics of the cloak... I love ESO and I love to play as a Breton assassin, but this costume isn't that great to be hyped for it, for now I'll be much pleased with the costume if they add physics or moves to the cloak, I mean we already have some costumes with Physics on their ''moving'' parts, such as the one they give you when you join the Drak Brotherhood and I think that also the one you get when joining Thieves Guild

I really hope Zeinmax fix this as well, or even remake it which I don't know if it's necessary to add Physics or movement into the cloak

I personally was really hyped for this costume when I started playing and now I found a bit of dissapointing, and I'm wondering if I better should get a Monture since I don't really have one, just a normal Horse.

The Doom wolf is a bit expensive for me that I just have 2000 crowns at the moment, and I don't know if it's worth to waste 8 more dollars on putting 750 more crowns into my account to buy the Doom wolf Or should I just buy the Dire Wolf?
    • LadyHeloise
      LadyHeloise
      ✭✭✭
      Breton
      I liked the look of the Breton costume in the 'publicity' shots, so I bought it, but in game it looks a bit weird - the detail isn't there and the back looks unnatural. Although when I can dye it it will look better and will suit my current main very well.
      Edited by LadyHeloise on July 21, 2016 9:34PM
      PC-EU.
    • BlackguardBob
      BlackguardBob
      ✭✭✭
      Breton
      Breton & Elf but not the Nord because somehow I missed that one.
    • Incognitius
      Incognitius
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      Osukā wrote: »

The Doom wolf is a bit expensive for me that I just have 2000 crowns at the moment, and I don't know if it's worth to waste 8 more dollars on putting 750 more crowns into my account to buy the Doom wolf Or should I just buy the Dire Wolf?

Between these two: go for the Dire Wolf. People complained about the Dire Wolf's howl, but it sounds way better than that of the Doom Wolf. The Dire Wolf also doesn't have weird black smoke coming from its eyes. :# + Yellow eyes > Red eyes

You also might want to wait for the Snow Wolf and/or the Red Pit Wolf that have been data mined.

On topic: Bought none of them, as they were too expensive and not that great looking. Quite disappointed about the Breton one. Looks horrible on all my female characters.
      Edited by Incognitius on July 21, 2016 9:15PM
    • TheValkyn
      TheValkyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      All Three
      After no fixes or updates to these costumes to put them into an acceptable form it makes me wonder if they know that they charged near $40 USD for them.

The Nord is actually my favorite but this Breton costume looks like a paper doll folding in two while he runs. It is really poor quality.
    • Jadar
      Jadar
      Nord
      Moglijuana wrote: »
      I bought the nord one initially wanting to have all three...but when these past two came out...im glad it was jus the nord one I purchased. IMO it looks the best compared to the other lackluster models. Can't wait to dye it!

I agree but for me I switched systems so I don't have it anymore; it'll look awesome with new premium beards
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      None
      Too expensive. Quality did not match price.
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • LadyNalcarya
      LadyNalcarya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elf
      I bought the elven one, was going to buy that new one, but oh well...
      @Dromede wrote: »
      Can someone please post full frontal view of the costume please? Stuck at work till late night, no chance of checking it out :(

Breton?
      DRkE9LS.jpg
      Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU