The Scribes of Fate DLC and Update 37 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 6:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 6
• EU megaservers for maintenance – February 7, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• NA megaservers for patch maintenance – February 8, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 8, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 15:00 UTC (10:00AM EST)

When we change our Race, let us pick any race outside our faction including Imperials... PLEASE ZOS

  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    I know the Imperial DLC is what gives you access to all races and imperial Race I believe, but why not let players change to ANY race if they're paying MORE than the actual DLC costs to change their race. I tried in the PTS when it first went up and noticed this issue so I don't know if it was chanegd.

    Personally, I wont change any of my races if I can't switch to say Khajiit on my nord stamplar. I'm also not going to pay for the imperial DLC just to change my race to the race I want AFTER paying 3000 or so crowns just to change the race to begin with. Please tell me everyone agrees on this issue, there is no reason to force players to buy the DLC ontop of their race change just to pick the race they actually want to change to.

    Edit: People saying "I paid for all races and I don't want you having it for free", It's not free the race change costs MORE than the dlc does.

    Sorry but no. I paid for the explorer's pack. Doing this makes it void. I also would like the race change which just like you, I will have to pay for. You want any race in any alliance? Buy the explorer's pack like many others did before race change. Then buy the race change if you want to get your sick furry fetish in on the ebonheart side. A spoiled baby and a weirdo at the same time. Don't come by those often.

    If they want to change to a race outside of their alliance, they'll buy the explorer/adventurer's pack. The 'Z' knows this. They would be fools to allow cross alliance race changes to those without the pack. They would lose out on explorer pack sales. Looks like all those people talking about race changing to redguard will have to drop more crowns if they don't have the pack. As it should be.

    True, as it should be.
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Trash
    Changing your race was never free, choosing a race aside from your faction was paid for. However it up until now has only been for creating characters in different factions. By giving players the ability to purchase a Race Change then also change to a cross faction race is an incentive to buy that race change. That will ensure people who want to optimize their build will pay for the race change. Sure you may feel you are getting something for free, but isn't that the point of changing your race? To get another race for "free" without having to level up a completely new character.

    I don't really care at this point, I'm about done with this community. Do whatever or disagree/agree with whatever you want. The fact remains cross faction race changes only make senses considering this is an MMO and we are trying to play the game not just have the aesthetic pleasure of a khajiit. People are going to change their races multiple times, why not give more content to this race change feature. All you're doing here is complaining that you paid for something, big deal you paid for cross faction races, does that mean we should all pay for it if all we want to do is change existing characters to cross faction races? That seems to me to be the original intention of having race changes. But I don't care, this community has made it's decision. There is a reason why this game is the way it is, it's a reflection of the people posting on this thread.

    Bye.

    Yes it is a big deal if I pay for something that you don't have to. If that is the case then refund me and all the others who purchased the explorer's pack our hard earned money. Let me guess? You're used to having things handed to you. And since ZOS isn't your typical Sugar Mommy or Daddy (that's right, they are a company looking to make a profit first and foremost; we all are looking to make a profit) you're now pissed because they decide to make money off of you through race change? Tough.

    Oh and good bye and good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. That goes for the rest of those asking for essentially a "free explorer's pack" with the race change.

    P.S.: I'm going to buy a race change token myself actually. Why? One, because I can afford it and two? Just to spite those who are complaining >:)
    Edited by Kronuxx on July 28, 2016 9:10PM
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    I know the Imperial DLC is what gives you access to all races and imperial Race I believe, but why not let players change to ANY race if they're paying MORE than the actual DLC costs to change their race. I tried in the PTS when it first went up and noticed this issue so I don't know if it was chanegd.

    Personally, I wont change any of my races if I can't switch to say Khajiit on my nord stamplar. I'm also not going to pay for the imperial DLC just to change my race to the race I want AFTER paying 3000 or so crowns just to change the race to begin with. Please tell me everyone agrees on this issue, there is no reason to force players to buy the DLC ontop of their race change just to pick the race they actually want to change to.

    Edit: People saying "I paid for all races and I don't want you having it for free", It's not free the race change costs MORE than the dlc does.

    Sorry but no. I paid for the explorer's pack. Doing this makes it void. I also would like the race change which just like you, I will have to pay for. You want any race in any alliance? Buy the explorer's pack like many others did before race change. Then buy the race change if you want to get your sick furry fetish in on the ebonheart side. A spoiled baby and a weirdo at the same time. Don't come by those often.

    If they want to change to a race outside of their alliance, they'll buy the explorer/adventurer's pack. The 'Z' knows this. They would be fools to allow cross alliance race changes to those without the pack. They would lose out on explorer pack sales. Looks like all those people talking about race changing to redguard will have to drop more crowns if they don't have the pack. As it should be.

    True, as it should
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Trash

    Changing your race was never free, choosing a race aside from your faction was paid for. However it up until now has only been for creating characters in different factions. By giving players the ability to purchase a Race Change then also change to a cross faction race is an incentive to buy that race change. That will ensure people who want to optimize their build will pay for the race change. Sure you may feel you are getting something for free, but isn't that the point of changing your race? To get another race for "free" without having to level up a completely new character.

    I don't really care at this point, I'm about done with this community. Do whatever or disagree/agree with whatever you want. The fact remains cross faction race changes only make senses considering this is an MMO and we are trying to play the game not just have the aesthetic pleasure of a khajiit. People are going to change their races multiple times, why not give more content to this race change feature. All you're doing here is complaining that you paid for something, big deal you paid for cross faction races, does that mean we should all pay for it if all we want to do is change existing characters to cross faction races? That seems to me to be the original intention of having race changes. But I don't care, this community has made it's decision. There is a reason why this game is the way it is, it's a reflection of the people posting on this thread.

    Bye.

    Yes it is a big deal if I pay for something that you don't have to. If that is the case then refund me and all the others who purchased the explorer's pack our hard earned money. Let me guess? You're used to having things handed to you. And since ZOS isn't your typical Sugar Mommy or Daddy (that's right, they are a company looking to make a profit first and foremost; we all are looking to make a profit) you're now pissed because they decide to make money off of you through race change? Tough.

    Oh and good bye and good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. That goes for the rest of those asking for essentially a "free explorer's pack" with the race change.

    Or at the very least knock 1900 crowns off the cost of race change for those with the pack since some feel the 3000 crown cost should cover cross faction race change
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    Look at all the people saying "Ohh i pay you no get" Shutup please
    Race change for 1 char costs more then the adventure pack so uh if they want to let them only if they purchase a token

    People with the adventure pack have to pay the same price for a race change.

    They can also just reroll for free @GivvumBoane

    So can people without the perk, only they will have to make their characters on their native factions.

    Because they did not pay for the perk to make any character on any faction.

    Which is why giving Race Changes cross faction freedom is an incentive for players to pay for content.

    They aren't giving the race change to make it an "incentive" for anything though...

    They put the race change in because everyone is crying about how they want to change their race on these forums! Now that we are getting race changes it is not good enough because we want MORE for FREE!

    The race change is a commodity that we are getting after begging ZoS for it... nothing more. We shouldn't even be having this thread of what we feel entitled to for paying their price, because they didn't have to put this in the game to begin with.
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Trash

    Changing your race was never free, choosing a race aside from your faction was paid for. However it up until now has only been for creating characters in different factions. By giving players the ability to purchase a Race Change then also change to a cross faction race is an incentive to buy that race change. That will ensure people who want to optimize their build will pay for the race change. Sure you may feel you are getting something for free, but isn't that the point of changing your race? To get another race for "free" without having to level up a completely new character.

    I don't really care at this point, I'm about done with this community. Do whatever or disagree/agree with whatever you want. The fact remains cross faction race changes only make senses considering this is an MMO and we are trying to play the game not just have the aesthetic pleasure of a khajiit. People are going to change their races multiple times, why not give more content to this race change feature. All you're doing here is complaining that you paid for something, big deal you paid for cross faction races, does that mean we should all pay for it if all we want to do is change existing characters to cross faction races? That seems to me to be the original intention of having race changes. But I don't care, this community has made it's decision. There is a reason why this game is the way it is, it's a reflection of the people posting on this thread.

    Bye.

    Lol. bye.
    also, do not go quoting me and changing what I wrote. I never even typed the word "trash" and I have no idea what context you are even referencing it in. just stop. If you oppose what ZOS is doing that strongly maybe you should try another game or take a brake from this one? You seem pretty salty at not getting things the way you think they should be. None of us has the power or authority to make policy changes at ZOS, so trying to convince those of us that do play by the rules that the rules are wrong is probably not the best course of action. A moderator has already commented in this thread once. Maybe you could tag them and ask why this is not an option? It is really the only way you are going to get a real answer instead of asking for opinions of players
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Trash

    Changing your race was never free, choosing a race aside from your faction was paid for. However it up until now has only been for creating characters in different factions. By giving players the ability to purchase a Race Change then also change to a cross faction race is an incentive to buy that race change. That will ensure people who want to optimize their build will pay for the race change. Sure you may feel you are getting something for free, but isn't that the point of changing your race? To get another race for "free" without having to level up a completely new character.

    I don't really care at this point, I'm about done with this community. Do whatever or disagree/agree with whatever you want. The fact remains cross faction race changes only make senses considering this is an MMO and we are trying to play the game not just have the aesthetic pleasure of a khajiit. People are going to change their races multiple times, why not give more content to this race change feature. All you're doing here is complaining that you paid for something, big deal you paid for cross faction races, does that mean we should all pay for it if all we want to do is change existing characters to cross faction races? That seems to me to be the original intention of having race changes. But I don't care, this community has made it's decision. There is a reason why this game is the way it is, it's a reflection of the people posting on this thread.

    Bye.

    Lol. bye.
    also, do not go quoting me and changing what I wrote. I never even typed the word "trash" and I have no idea what context you are even referencing it in. just stop. If you oppose what ZOS is doing that strongly maybe you should try another game or take a brake from this one? You seem pretty salty at not getting things the way you think they should be. None of us has the power or authority to make policy changes at ZOS, so trying to convince those of us that do play by the rules that the rules are wrong is probably not the best course of action. A moderator has already commented in this thread once. Maybe you could tag them and ask why this is not an option? It is really the only way you are going to get a real answer instead of asking for opinions of players

    Do you think I care what ZOS
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    I know the Imperial DLC is what gives you access to all races and imperial Race I believe, but why not let players change to ANY race if they're paying MORE than the actual DLC costs to change their race. I tried in the PTS when it first went up and noticed this issue so I don't know if it was chanegd.

    Personally, I wont change any of my races if I can't switch to say Khajiit on my nord stamplar. I'm also not going to pay for the imperial DLC just to change my race to the race I want AFTER paying 3000 or so crowns just to change the race to begin with. Please tell me everyone agrees on this issue, there is no reason to force players to buy the DLC ontop of their race change just to pick the race they actually want to change to.

    Edit: People saying "I paid for all races and I don't want you having it for free", It's not free the race change costs MORE than the dlc does.

    Sorry but no. I paid for the explorer's pack. Doing this makes it void. I also would like the race change which just like you, I will have to pay for. You want any race in any alliance? Buy the explorer's pack like many others did before race change. Then buy the race change if you want to get your sick furry fetish in on the ebonheart side. A spoiled baby and a weirdo at the same time. Don't come by those often.

    If they want to change to a race outside of their alliance, they'll buy the explorer/adventurer's pack. The 'Z' knows this. They would be fools to allow cross alliance race changes to those without the pack. They would lose out on explorer pack sales. Looks like all those people talking about race changing to redguard will have to drop more crowns if they don't have the pack. As it should be.

    True, as it should be.
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Trash
    Changing your race was never free, choosing a race aside from your faction was paid for. However it up until now has only been for creating characters in different factions. By giving players the ability to purchase a Race Change then also change to a cross faction race is an incentive to buy that race change. That will ensure people who want to optimize their build will pay for the race change. Sure you may feel you are getting something for free, but isn't that the point of changing your race? To get another race for "free" without having to level up a completely new character.

    I don't really care at this point, I'm about done with this community. Do whatever or disagree/agree with whatever you want. The fact remains cross faction race changes only make senses considering this is an MMO and we are trying to play the game not just have the aesthetic pleasure of a khajiit. People are going to change their races multiple times, why not give more content to this race change feature. All you're doing here is complaining that you paid for something, big deal you paid for cross faction races, does that mean we should all pay for it if all we want to do is change existing characters to cross faction races? That seems to me to be the original intention of having race changes. But I don't care, this community has made it's decision. There is a reason why this game is the way it is, it's a reflection of the people posting on this thread.

    Bye.

    Yes it is a big deal if I pay for something that you don't have to. If that is the case then refund me and all the others who purchased the explorer's pack our hard earned money. Let me guess? You're used to having things handed to you. And since ZOS isn't your typical Sugar Mommy or Daddy (that's right, they are a company looking to make a profit first and foremost; we all are looking to make a profit) you're now pissed because they decide to make money off of you through race change? Tough.

    Oh and good bye and good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. That goes for the rest of those asking for essentially a "free explorer's pack" with the race change.

    P.S.: I'm going to buy a race change token myself actually. Why? One, because I can afford it and two? Just to spite those who are complaining >:)

    So this is totally off topic but I'm just guessing you must of been really upset about having to bail the banks out after they crashed the housing market. Considering you're so hell bent on equal purchases.
    Master Debater
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »

    So this is totally off topic but I'm just guessing you must of been really upset about having to bail the banks out after they crashed the housing market. Considering you're so hell bent on equal purchases.

    If this didn't make you mad you weren't paying attention.
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where do the 'mersion people stand on this? Yesterday that Redguard was an Argonian.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Smasherx74 wrote: »

    So this is totally off topic but I'm just guessing you must of been really upset about having to bail the banks out after they crashed the housing market. Considering you're so hell bent on equal purchases.

    If this didn't make you mad you weren't paying attention.

    This.

    (Also, the banks payed us back with interest. But, still, this.)
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Where do the 'mersion people stand on this? Yesterday that Redguard was an Argonian.

    I'm not a die hard lore reader but apparently race change is lore supported. O.o someone who knows more on that can expand.
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I dont know......

    Like any race any alliance is faar cheaper and you can make any number of toons (as long as you have slots) that can be in any alliance regardless of race.

    The race change token is a one-off 3k crowns for one single toon. Makes a bit of sense to allow you to change into any race from any alliance for that one time no? It still dosent de-value any race any alliance package at all... Cos if you do not buy that package you would have to pay 3k crowns everytime you made a toon whereas that package allows access 24/7.

    Not personally going to race change but just a thought.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where do the 'mersion people stand on this? Yesterday that Redguard was an Argonian.

    I'm not a die hard lore reader but apparently race change is lore supported. O.o someone who knows more on that can expand.

    Probably something to do with that NPC they added in skyrim that changes your appearance for a fee. That person also doesn't provide that service to vampires and whatnot.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Hmm... I dont know......

    Like any race any alliance is faar cheaper and you can make any number of toons (as long as you have slots) that can be in any alliance regardless of race.

    The race change token is a one-off 3k crowns for one single toon. Makes a bit of sense to allow you to change into any race from any alliance for that one time no? It still dosent de-value any race any alliance package at all... Cos if you do not buy that package you would have to pay 3k crowns everytime you made a toon whereas that package allows access 24/7.

    Not personally going to race change but just a thought.

    But those who have the DLC still have to pay the same amount regardless. Yes, I can make a DC khajiit, I have one, but it's still going to cost 3k crowns if I want to keep all of the value I've put into the character for mount training and bag space. So while I could rr a dunmer and drop that toon, I'd be dropping hundreds of thousands of gold input as well.
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Hmm... I dont know......

    Like any race any alliance is faar cheaper and you can make any number of toons (as long as you have slots) that can be in any alliance regardless of race.

    The race change token is a one-off 3k crowns for one single toon. Makes a bit of sense to allow you to change into any race from any alliance for that one time no? It still dosent de-value any race any alliance package at all... Cos if you do not buy that package you would have to pay 3k crowns everytime you made a toon whereas that package allows access 24/7.

    Not personally going to race change but just a thought.

    But those who have the DLC still have to pay the same amount regardless. Yes, I can make a DC khajiit, I have one, but it's still going to cost 3k crowns if I want to keep all of the value I've put into the character for mount training and bag space. So while I could rr a dunmer and drop that toon, I'd be dropping hundreds of thousands of gold input as well.

    Hmm.. That is a fair point. But you got the any race any alliance package for just that; to make a DC khajiit. Now that you want to swap out of it, you are paying a handsome fee of 3k crowns.]

    Those who didnt get the any race package cant make a DC khajiit. They'd have to get a race change to make one.

    There's 2 sides to this and I see that now, but I really dont want to encourage ZOS's blatant money milking strategies any more.... If anything, race change should cost 1.5k crowns and then they can impose any race any alliance restrictions. At 3k crowns its absurd not to allow a full race/alliance change... Its the price of a full DLC
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭


    See that's the thing. Zos is offering(at what most consider a steep price) to change your race to any combination AVAILABLE to you. Some have paid for extra options to be available(imperial, any race/combo) and some only paid for the basics to be available. Why should the ones who only paid for basics get the extra? It doesn't matter if the race change is 50k or cheap in game gold. If you didn't pay for the extra, you don't get the extra. If your argument is the price is high for this service then argue that point, not "at that price I should get the same options that guy paid extra for"
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »

    There's 2 sides to this and I see that now, but I really dont want to encourage ZOS's blatant money milking strategies any more.... If anything, race change should cost 1.5k crowns and then they can impose any race any alliance restrictions. At 3k crowns its absurd not to allow a full race/alliance change... Its the price of a full DLC

    I will fully agree with that. My PoV is taking the cost itself entirely out of the equation. Personally, at 3k crowns, I feel there should also be an in-game for gold race change option where you are limited to the faction you're in. Why would your Orc barber be ok with you being an Altmer.... or any barber being ok with making someone an Altmer... (kidding High Elves! <3). Your premium barber though won't care if you want to shave your head... etc. etc. IDK, ideas that ZoS isn't going to listen to regardless :(
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do the 'mersion people stand on this? Yesterday that Redguard was an Argonian.

    I'm not a die hard lore reader but apparently race change is lore supported. O.o someone who knows more on that can expand.

    Either powerful Illusion magic (if the change is appearance only) or powerful Alteration magic (if it's at least semi-permanent and includes racial bonuses).
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

    These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

    NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do the 'mersion people stand on this? Yesterday that Redguard was an Argonian.
    I'm not a die hard lore reader but apparently race change is lore supported. O.o someone who knows more on that can expand.
    It's not a problem for lore/immersion at all. There's a Dunmer guy in Woodhearth at the Five Claws tavern who wants to use Alchemy to turn himself into a Khajiit. That alone says that racial change is fully supported by lore (otherwise the concept wouldn't exist). For those who are interested, what he actually ends up doing is turning himself into an Argonian.

    The guy is Vadelen Indothan and he is the subject of the quest The Unfilled Order.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
Sign In or Register to comment.