Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When we change our Race, let us pick any race outside our faction including Imperials... PLEASE ZOS

• Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all the people saying "Ohh i pay you no get" Shutup please
    Race change for 1 char costs more then the adventure pack so uh if they want to let them only if they purchase a token

People with the adventure pack have to pay the same price for a race change.

They can also just reroll for free @GivvumBoane
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Trublz wrote: »
    No. I didn't buy any race any alliance so it could be freely given out to others

Isn't free. OP made that clear.

Wrongo.

OP made it clear he believes that. OP is also factually incorrect.

Wanna elaborate? The content pricing should include cross faction races for just that one payment of race change.

I'm factually correct when I say it would not be "free", the change race is twice the price as the dlc for cross faction races, so it's quite justifiable and reasonable to make the sound argument that we should have cross faction races included onto this race change content.

I don't need to elaborate. I already made my case before DaveMoeDee made his post, a post that ignored that you'd already been completely debunked.

But I'll restate the case, since ignoring proof of our incorrectness seems to be a growing movement in today's world: If Person X paid for "Any Race, Any Alliance" and Person Y did not and race change costs the same for both players, and if Player Y gets to use "Any Race, Any Alliance," then Player Y is getting what Player X purchased for free. That's not opinion. That's math.

That doesn't mean it isn't well within ZOS' rights to give it to Player Y for free. That doesn't mean the cost of Race Change isn't high enough to include "Any Race, Any Alliance" in the package. That doesn't mean it's not perfectly fair to give it to Y for free.

All it means is that if X and Y purchase the same package for the same price and Y gets something X already paid for, Y is getting something for free. How much the package costs is irrelevant. Fairness is irrelevant. It's math. It's not an arguable point. It's an issue of fact, not opinion. What you want to be true is false.

(Mind you, I think you have a perfectly good case to make that what you want is fair. But that's not the case you're making. You're making the case that what you want is not getting something for free. That's simply false, and frankly beside the point. Instead, you should argue that you're paying so much you deserve it for free. Yeah, you'll *** off a lot of people who'll disagree with you, but at least you'll be debating opinions, not claiming a falsehood as fact.)
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    No. I didn't buy any race any alliance so it could be freely given out to others

13 of you don't understand the definition of free I'm guessing.

You're paying more than the DLC costs to race change.
    DPShiro wrote: »

So in that case for us who bought the pack earlier, we will be reimbursed the crowns then when buying a race change?
    Otherwise we have paid for something that you want for free.

So in that case then for us who didn't buy the Imperial DLC specifically and we want to change our race to Khajiit from Nord, we have to stack another 1000-2000 crowns on top of that 3000 crown purchase to get the race change. Makes sense, I'm not paying for either in that case. :)

That is really up to you but I am sure a lot of people will pay for it. I don't understand what all the fuss is about, if you want it just buy it like everyone else had to or will have to. And you don't have to buy a race change, you could just buy any race any alliance and make new character. But if you just want to take the easy way it will cost a little more.

I don't want to have to pay for a bundle addition of ESO just to change my race to an optimal race for a build...

Why not? If you get ARAA, next time you make a character you'll be able to pick the "optimal" race from the get-go rather than having to pay for a race change after you create them, no? You'll save money in the long run.

IF I play the game casually and want to optimize my build on my only character I should be able to.

You are able to.

You just have to pay like everybody. As people already said many times:
    Race change for 1 char costs more then the adventure pack so uh if they want to let them only if they purchase a token

Once again, the race change costs 3000 crowns which is not free... nothing is free here, you're trying to tell me those 3000 crowns shouldn't cover a cross faction race change. Considering it is 3000 crowns each time, players who bought Cross faction races are not losing out on anything so long as people who haven't bought it have to buy a Race Change token for 3000 crowns to get cross faction races.

People who have the Explorer Pack or the Imperial Edition paid 1900 Crowns for each of them. Then, they will have to pay 3000 more Crowns if they want to change their character race. That's a total of 4900 Crowns (considering that if you are changing to Imperial you need the Imperial Edition, and if you change for any other race outside your faction you need the Explorer Pack, but you will never need both for changing to another race).

Why exactly do you think you should pay 3000 while they pay a total of 4900?

Right. But those people can also roll out a new toon in 6hrs and be maxed level in any faction. Race change looks like something onlt very very desperate people will do. The financial cost is extraordinary, why make it worse.

it baffles me how zeni,ax can do something legitamately aweso,e and people ragw for weeks about it. A valid point has been brought up and everyome is against it? ***'n'hell???

if race change was same price or lower than adventurer's pack I'd be on your side all the way. But until /unless they decrease that price by a significant margin I can't see any reason it should not include any alliance.

Infact, I'd wager that if they shrunk the price to 1500 crowns they'd sell more of both adventurer packs/race changes.

that way I could just keep changimg race on my nb to wood elf in pvp and high elf for vmsa. At the current cost (I already have adventurer's pack, so thats covered) I wont even buy 1 race change.

How about achievements? Alliance war rank? What if you want to change the race of the character who is your master crafter, with all the traits researched? How about riding skill, which someone who is changing races won't level again but someone making a new character will?

People who own the Any Race, Any Alliance Perk have the same potential need to change their race of those who do not own it.

It is not a valid point. The point brought up is empirically wrong. It is someone who wants to pay less than someone else for the same feature, as demonstrated by most people in this thread, while claiming they would pay more. It is simply wrong.

They have the ability to CREATE Cross faction characters, everyone who has not paid for the cross faction bundles will have to pay that 3000 crowns to change their characters race cross faction, basically making more profit for zenimax. Those who have the ability to CREATE cross faction characters are not losing out on anything besides the exclusion of them being the only ones able to change their race to cross faction.

Are you purposefully ignoring the fact that they would have to pay 4900 Crowns for something that you want to pay only 3000 for?
    jkolb2030 wrote: »
    Player 1 - Spends 1900 crowns on ARAA and rolls a magicka Altmer DK in Ebonheart Pact.. Realizes he wants to "optimize" his build and switch to stamina so he spends 3000 crowns to race change - he picks Redguards because he has ARAA..

His issue : Made a character he didnt enjoy in the end game,so he wants to switch it up and save all his hard earned progress.
    Total investment : 4900 Crowns

Player 2 - Does not want to spend 1900 crowns on ARAA so rolls a magicka Dunmer DK in Ebonheart Pact.. Realizes he wants to "optimize" his build and switch to stamina so he spends 3000 crowns - his choices are Nord, Dunmer, Argonian.

His Issue : Made a character he doesn't enjoy in end game, wants to switch it up and save hard earned progress, however he can only choose from his factions races.
    Total Investment : 3000 Crowns

How does this scream "I Pay 3000 Crowns I BETTER be getting a free ARAA!!"

How old are you guys screaming "Race change costs MORE than ARAA so it should be free!!"

Everyone is paying the same price for everything in this game... No entitlement, no freebies.. Same price. Every player. All the time. Every time.

You have no argument here - if you want ARAA then buy it. If you wanted a super sweet optimal build from the get go in your preferred alliance you would have bought it LONG ago, because redguard has been the stamina meta for a while now..

Edited by Abeille on July 28, 2016 2:06PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrongo.

Wanna elaborate? The content pricing should include cross faction races for just that one payment of race change.

I'm factually correct when I say it would not be "free", the change race is twice the price as the dlc for cross faction races, so it's quite justifiable and reasonable to make the sound argument that we should have cross faction races included onto this race change content.

I don't need to elaborate. I already made my case before DaveMoeDee made his post, a post that ignored that you'd already been completely debunked.

But I'll restate the case, since ignoring proof of our incorrectness seems to be a growing movement in today's world: If Person X paid for "Any Race, Any Alliance" and Person Y did not and race change costs the same for both players, and if Player Y gets to use "Any Race, Any Alliance," then Player Y is getting what Player X purchased for free. That's not opinion. That's math.

That doesn't mean it isn't well within ZOS' rights to give it to Player Y for free. That doesn't mean the cost of Race Change isn't high enough to include "Any Race, Any Alliance" in the package. That doesn't mean it's not perfectly fair to give it to Y for free.

All it means is that if X and Y purchase the same package for the same price and Y gets something X already paid for, Y is getting something for free. How much the package costs is irrelevant. Fairness is irrelevant. It's math. It's not an arguable point. It's an issue of fact, not opinion. What you want to be true is false.

(Mind you, I think you have a perfectly good case to make that what you want is fair. But that's not the case you're making. You're making the case that what you want is not getting something for free. That's simply false, and frankly beside the point. Instead, you should argue that you're paying so much you deserve it for free. Yeah, you'll *** off a lot of people who'll disagree with you, but at least you'll be debating opinions, not claiming a falsehood as fact.)

So in that case for us who bought the pack earlier, we will be reimbursed the crowns then when buying a race change?

So in that case then for us who didn't buy the Imperial DLC specifically and we want to change our race to Khajiit from Nord, we have to stack another 1000-2000 crowns on top of that 3000 crown purchase to get the race change. Makes sense, I'm not paying for either in that case. :)

That is really up to you but I am sure a lot of people will pay for it. I don't understand what all the fuss is about, if you want it just buy it like everyone else had to or will have to. And you don't have to buy a race change, you could just buy any race any alliance and make new character. But if you just want to take the easy way it will cost a little more.

I don't want to have to pay for a bundle addition of ESO just to change my race to an optimal race for a build...

Why not? If you get ARAA, next time you make a character you'll be able to pick the "optimal" race from the get-go rather than having to pay for a race change after you create them, no? You'll save money in the long run.

IF I play the game casually and want to optimize my build on my only character I should be able to.

You are able to.

Once again, the race change costs 3000 crowns which is not free... nothing is free here, you're trying to tell me those 3000 crowns shouldn't cover a cross faction race change. Considering it is 3000 crowns each time, players who bought Cross faction races are not losing out on anything so long as people who haven't bought it have to buy a Race Change token for 3000 crowns to get cross faction races.

People who have the Explorer Pack or the Imperial Edition paid 1900 Crowns for each of them. Then, they will have to pay 3000 more Crowns if they want to change their character race. That's a total of 4900 Crowns (considering that if you are changing to Imperial you need the Imperial Edition, and if you change for any other race outside your faction you need the Explorer Pack, but you will never need both for changing to another race).

Right. But those people can also roll out a new toon in 6hrs and be maxed level in any faction. Race change looks like something onlt very very desperate people will do. The financial cost is extraordinary, why make it worse.

it baffles me how zeni,ax can do something legitamately aweso,e and people ragw for weeks about it. A valid point has been brought up and everyome is against it? ***'n'hell???

if race change was same price or lower than adventurer's pack I'd be on your side all the way. But until /unless they decrease that price by a significant margin I can't see any reason it should not include any alliance.

Infact, I'd wager that if they shrunk the price to 1500 crowns they'd sell more of both adventurer packs/race changes.

that way I could just keep changimg race on my nb to wood elf in pvp and high elf for vmsa. At the current cost (I already have adventurer's pack, so thats covered) I wont even buy 1 race change.

How about achievements? Alliance war rank? What if you want to change the race of the character who is your master crafter, with all the traits researched? How about riding skill, which someone who is changing races won't level again but someone making a new character will?

People who own the Any Race, Any Alliance Perk have the same potential need to change their race of those who do not own it.

It is not a valid point. The point brought up is empirically wrong. It is someone who wants to pay less than someone else for the same feature, as demonstrated by most people in this thread, while claiming they would pay more. It is simply wrong.

They have the ability to CREATE Cross faction characters, everyone who has not paid for the cross faction bundles will have to pay that 3000 crowns to change their characters race cross faction, basically making more profit for zenimax. Those who have the ability to CREATE cross faction characters are not losing out on anything besides the exclusion of them being the only ones able to change their race to cross faction.

Are you purposefully ignoring the fact that they would have to pay 4900 Crowns for something that you want to pay only 3000 for?

Are you purposely choosing to ignore what I'm saying? I said excluding their loss of being the only ones who can race change to any race, I acknowledged that... The fact is they can still CREATE cross faction characters like they always have been, what I'm suggesting is making the Change Race token an incentive to buy for changing your Race to Cross Faction races without having to buy one of the explorer packs. This checks out on ZOS side because it gets them more money, and it checks out with what we have now because they literally aren't losing anything here, it's just giving more freedom to the community.

This is where the suggestion of letting those who have cross faction race creation have the ability to choose imperial with the race change token may come in hand. If they already have the imperial dlc then cut the price or do whatever.
    Master Debater
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrongo.

You are able to.

Are you purposely choosing to ignore what I'm saying? I said excluding their loss of being the only ones who can race change to any race, I acknowledged that... The fact is they can still CREATE cross faction characters like they always have been, what I'm suggesting is making the Change Race token an incentive to buy for changing your Race to Cross Faction races without having to buy one of the explorer packs. This checks out on ZOS side because it gets them more money, and it checks out with what we have now because they literally aren't losing anything here, it's just giving more freedom to the community.

This is where the suggestion of letting those who have cross faction race creation have the ability to choose imperial with the race change token may come in hand. If they already have the imperial dlc then cut the price or do whatever.

The ONLY reason for someone to buy the Any Race, Any Alliance perk is to be able to have a character of any race on any alliance. Like, it is right there on the name of the perk.

They won't lose anything, except for being the only ones being able to have a character of any race on any alliance. So, except the very reason why they bought the perk to begin with.

Do you see the problem here?

What is a perk worth if anyone else can do the same as you without buying it? And no, your 3000 do not cover it when the total price a person with the perk has to pay is 4900, not 3000.

You are comparing two different things, and this is the issue.

You are comparing Race Change for people without the perk with Make New Character for people with the perk, while you should be comparing Race Change for both. That's why you are under the impression that your suggestion is fair.
    Edited by Abeille on July 28, 2016 2:19PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭

Wrongo.

You are able to.

Do you also realize that what this whole thread is saying is basically that ZoS should abolish all factions and the basis in which they built this game (the war of the 3 factions and Oblivion) just so that some people can get content without paying for it...

"But I'm going to pay 3000 CROWNS! I am paying for it!" - Wrong, you're not paying for the ARAA content, because that is 1900 crowns more. You are paying for a race change - 2 separate pieces of content.

ZoS is a business so you have to assume they are looking for the cash return on this, yes. You're idea MAY net them "more cash return", yes ; but they are also a game developer trying to develop content in regards to the game, and games foundation in which they created - 3 Factions , 3 Races each. You are asking them to demolish that foundation moreso than they already have by even adding the ARAA to the crown store..

When do we as players just ask ZoS to keep us playing the game instead of coming on their forums and demanding freebies and dictating how they build their game (this is without going into the lag and dashboarding, different topic for a different thread).
    Edited by jkolb2030 on July 28, 2016 2:21PM
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrongo.

You are able to.

The ONLY reason for someone to buy the Any Race, Any Alliance perk is to be able to have a character of any race on any alliance. Like, it is right there on the name of the perk.

They won't lose anything, except for being the only ones being able to have a character of any race on any alliance. So, except the very reason why they bought the perk to begin with.

Do you see the problem here?

What is a perk worth if anyone else can do the same as you without buying it? And no, your 3000 do not cover it when the total price a person with the perk has to pay is 4900, not 3000.

You are comparing two different things, and this is the issue.

You are comparing Race Change for people without the perk with Make New Character for people with the perk, while you should be comparing Race Change for both. That's why you are under the impression that your suggestion is fair.

ZOS can turn Race Changes into a temp/one time Cross Faction race ability.
    Master Debater
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So can people without the perk, only they will have to make their characters on their native factions.

Because they did not pay for the perk to make any character on any faction.

Meet my characters:

• Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So can people without the perk, only they will have to make their characters on their native factions.

Which is why giving Race Changes cross faction freedom is an incentive for players to pay for content.
    Master Debater
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    [quote="[/quote]

I don't get how you can't see this:

1: they altered racial passives, so whatever race you wete, or picked for that reason, is probably gone.

2: it cost MORE than adventurer's pack to begin with, and only applies to 1 character. You don't get to bypass ***. Seriously go compare the teo prices and tell me you thought this through.
    [/quote]

seems like you are the one not thinking things through. You want something for free that other people have paid for. Has nothing to do with prices and everything to do with entitlement. It is the same as buying a TV and not getting the warrantee and then expecting them to give you the same customer service as someone that did buy it. You get what you pay for. You want ARAA? pay for it. You want the option to change race? pay for it. They are not connected. ARAA had been around since before console release. Everyone has had ample opportunity to buy it. Race change is not even out yet and still you think they should go hand in hand. If they had race change from the beginning, then I could see them offering both at one cost. But that is not what is going on. The bottom line is that you want something that others have paid for, for free.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ppl waited for race change, now they whine about it.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on July 28, 2016 4:01PM
    PC EU
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is why giving Race Changes cross faction freedom is an incentive for players to pay for content.

And incentive? Please. It's a discount you are asking for.

You will go, pay 3000 for something people paid 4900 and have the same benefits.

If you want to argue that 3000 is too much for race change, that's fine, that's something that you can argue. But if you want to have an Altmer in the Ebonheart Pact or something like that, that's 1900 for the ARAA plus 3000 for race change if it is an existing character. If you are not paying for one or for the other, then you have no rights on the one you didn't pay for.

Meet my characters:

• jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭

They aren't giving the race change to make it an "incentive" for anything though...

They put the race change in because everyone is crying about how they want to change their race on these forums! Now that we are getting race changes it is not good enough because we want MORE for FREE!

The race change is a commodity that we are getting after begging ZoS for it... nothing more. We shouldn't even be having this thread of what we feel entitled to for paying their price, because they didn't have to put this in the game to begin with.

Edited by jkolb2030 on July 28, 2016 2:43PM
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trash

Changing your race was never free, choosing a race aside from your faction was paid for. However it up until now has only been for creating characters in different factions. By giving players the ability to purchase a Race Change then also change to a cross faction race is an incentive to buy that race change. That will ensure people who want to optimize their build will pay for the race change. Sure you may feel you are getting something for free, but isn't that the point of changing your race? To get another race for "free" without having to level up a completely new character.

I don't really care at this point, I'm about done with this community. Do whatever or disagree/agree with whatever you want. The fact remains cross faction race changes only make senses considering this is an MMO and we are trying to play the game not just have the aesthetic pleasure of a khajiit. People are going to change their races multiple times, why not give more content to this race change feature. All you're doing here is complaining that you paid for something, big deal you paid for cross faction races, does that mean we should all pay for it if all we want to do is change existing characters to cross faction races? That seems to me to be the original intention of having race changes. But I don't care, this community has made it's decision. There is a reason why this game is the way it is, it's a reflection of the people posting on this thread.

Bye.
    Edited by Smasherx74 on July 28, 2016 2:51PM
    Master Debater
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explorers pack is 0,98€/$1,09/£0,82 on g2a. Stop crying o:)
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trash

All you're doing here is complaining that you paid for something, big deal you paid for cross faction races, does that mean we should all pay for it if all we want to do is change existing characters to cross faction races?

Yes.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can save money by getting ARAA and rerolling too.
    Edited by AfkNinja on July 28, 2016 3:44PM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trash
    QQ

Bye.

Bye.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wrongo.

You are able to.

I can see the argument that it might be an incentive to pay the 3000 for a race change if you can also cross-faction.

However, even if you ignore the fact that it would annoy people who already have the Explorer/Adventurer Pack because they have already paid for cross-faction, it would undermine the sales of the Explorer Pack.

I have no doubt that ZoS have taken this into account in their pricing calculations.

I also have no doubt that ZoS have taken into account the desperation that some people have to change race - particularly if they also have to pay extra to go cross-faction. It's a win-win for them, because if people will pay 2500 for a mount then these "desperate" people will soon get in the habit of regularly paying 3000 for a race change, or 1000 for a haircut.

If you don't like the price, don't buy the product!
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trash

Changing your race was never free, choosing a race aside from your faction was paid for. However it up until now has only been for creating characters in different factions. By giving players the ability to purchase a Race Change then also change to a cross faction race is an incentive to buy that race change. That will ensure people who want to optimize their build will pay for the race change. Sure you may feel you are getting something for free, but isn't that the point of changing your race? To get another race for "free" without having to level up a completely new character.

I don't really care at this point, I'm about done with this community. Do whatever or disagree/agree with whatever you want. The fact remains cross faction race changes only make senses considering this is an MMO and we are trying to play the game not just have the aesthetic pleasure of a khajiit. People are going to change their races multiple times, why not give more content to this race change feature. All you're doing here is complaining that you paid for something, big deal you paid for cross faction races, does that mean we should all pay for it if all we want to do is change existing characters to cross faction races? That seems to me to be the original intention of having race changes. But I don't care, this community has made it's decision. There is a reason why this game is the way it is, it's a reflection of the people posting on this thread.

Bye.

Lol. bye.
    also, do not go quoting me and changing what I wrote. I never even typed the word "trash" and I have no idea what context you are even referencing it in. just stop. If you oppose what ZOS is doing that strongly maybe you should try another game or take a brake from this one? You seem pretty salty at not getting things the way you think they should be. None of us has the power or authority to make policy changes at ZOS, so trying to convince those of us that do play by the rules that the rules are wrong is probably not the best course of action. A moderator has already commented in this thread once. Maybe you could tag them and ask why this is not an option? It is really the only way you are going to get a real answer instead of asking for opinions of players
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing that's a yes.

Personally I roll "characters" not just builds. I wouldn't change any of them. I don't care if they aren't the super meta this time. Things have changed. Things will change.

Unlike a downloaded first person shooter, an MMORPG has a life.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How the heck is this thread still a thing?

The Explorers/Adventurers Pack lets you CREATE an infinite number of characters that are in non-native alliances, for a cost of 1900 crowns.

The Race Change token will let you change the race of only one EXISTING character for 3000 crowns.

They are two totally different things. They aren't in competition. I cannot fathom any possible logic to limiting players that don't have the Explorers/Adventurers Pack to having to choose only native races to change to.

Race Change tokens should allow changing to ANY race. They should ignore whether the player has the Explorers/Adventurers Pack, because it doesn't matter. It's not the same thing - not the same functionality.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    They are two totally different things. They aren't in competition. I cannot fathom any possible logic to limiting players that don't have the Explorers/Adventurers Pack to having to choose only native races to change to.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Race Change tokens should allow changing to ANY race. They should ignore whether the player has the Explorers/Adventurers Pack, because it doesn't matter. It's not the same thing - not the same functionality.
    It does matter because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    It does matter because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is actually the best reason of all. They're a business. Spend the crowns and be happy with it.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Explorers/Adventurers Pack lets you CREATE an infinite number of characters that are in non-native alliances, for a cost of 1900 crowns.

It will also allow you to race change to a race outside of your alliance with the coming update. It's an added perk to the Explorer's Pack. You can think of it as making the Explorer's Pack have more value.
    Race Change Tokens: These tokens grant you everything the Appearance Change Tokens do, plus the ability to change one character's race to one available for that character and account. Those that have the Explorer's Pack will be able to choose any race from any alliance; otherwise, you can choose any race from your chosen alliance.

In the end, though, dollars.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This and no inperial only give you imperial
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭

So can everyone else
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    People supporting this don't have the explorer's pack and all want to be Redguard or some other FOTM race.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Explorers and Imp packs. I could care less if they allowed someone who bought a 3000 crown token to have the availability to select any race for their character. It's just one character for that price. If people want to optimize their character good for them. If ZOS doesn't allow it then just buy the ARAA pack then do the token thing. Easy fix. I just want alliance change tokens to come.
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on July 28, 2016 8:17PM
  • imdas
    imdas
    What about those of us who bought the Any race, any alliance add on after the game was released? We had to buy it and when we get the ability to change races we'll have to buy it also. Just bc you made the decision just now that you want an imperial you should get it for free? No. Poor planning doesn't get you further in life, think things out before you do them and if you change your mind later deal with the consequences.
    Edited by imdas on July 28, 2016 8:27PM