Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online Veteran Reward Concept

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just started subbing for the craft bag, if they took that away until I hit 6 months I'd stop subbing. In fact I might stop playing all together.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess threats are one way to respond to change.

Would you stay subbed for the craft bags if the game sucked or you couldn't log into Wrothgar for writs?
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    What you're doing here is offering suggestions on a solved problem.
    The issue of what something should cost and what should be available depending on money spent is far from solved.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165626/the-barber-shop-is-done-the-ignored-community-input-is-here

I've been at the forefront of saying the stuff in the crown store is, persistently, a little too expensive. To be fair, I'm also the derp that actually bought 16500 crowns when they were half off, and when I was looking at the Breton Hero outfit, was literally thinking, "well, for 8 bucks, why not?"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I just started subbing for the craft bag, if they took that away until I hit 6 months I'd stop subbing. In fact I might stop playing all together.
    Well I guess threats are one way to respond to change.

Would you stay subbed for the craft bags if the game sucked or you couldn't log into Wrothgar for writs?

Honestly, the crafting bags were a borderline necessary change. There was nothing fun about mucking about with your inventory so you could cram more crafting mats in there. And, the part where a set of V16 gear required 5 stacks of mats? :\
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being fleeced is its own reward . I'm not spending more money to earn titles .
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    When I saw this feature in a recent ps4 release game I shut it off.
    I dont mind subscribing to a game that I enjoy playing, but I dont want to feel forced to for months. Also most of what you listed I recieved with purchase of the game and the rest I can get with a sub.
    Part of me fails to understand the point of this thread.
    This is exactly my point. Now you either subscribe or get the shaft or forced as you say. If a player subs 1 year for the standard price and another players spends the same amount of money, why does he get no perks?

The difference is how people like to spend. One person might like paying in increments monthly while another might like to play free most of the year with an occasional spending splurge. If they both spend 180 bucks that year, why does one person get rewards and the other the stick?

Because that is how zos designed it and those choosing to do it the other way know they get no rewards for doing it that way.

Everyone has the same opportunity to decide whether they want a recurring monthly sub with added benefits or just buy whatever outright and get no extra benefit.

I think bringing back sub loyalty rewards would be a great idea but I highly doubt they would come close to giving all the perks from subs to people who do not sub. It would not make any sense imo.

If someone knows up front how to get more benefits from spending the same amount of money but choose not is their own choice.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. Not all the specifics as I have been a subscriber and have also purchased crowns.
    In my opinion, if a subscriber is valued more than a non-subscriber but the company takes no merit in the loyalty of the consumer/non-subscriber especially when on Xbox one the company has screwed up the purchase and benefits, something has to change.

That snow flake is funny :smile:
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. Not all the specifics as I have been a subscriber and have also purchased crowns.
    In my opinion, if a subscriber is valued more than a non-subscriber but the company takes no merit in the loyalty of the consumer/non-subscriber especially when on Xbox one the company has screwed up the purchase and benefits, something has to change.

As I understand it, the XBone issue is that Microsoft has final control over your subscription status and keeps derping it up for you guys.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I understand it, the XBone issue is that Microsoft has final control over your subscription status and keeps derping it up for you guys.

Actually it's that ZOS has a sku that isn't even associated with the game store nor searchable on any Xbox site, app or console. Basically they just need to offer crown pack bundles with ESO plus benefits. ZOS wants to control it all and assign crowns so there's some weird sku work around that's been problematic for over a year. No other game has this issue

Or

There should be an ESO plus app like ea access.

Either resolves the issue.

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 27, 2016 10:15PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually it's that ZOS has a sku that isn't even associated with the game store nor searchable on any Xbox site, app or console. Basically they just need to offer crown pack bundles with ESO plus benefits. ZOS wants to control it all and assign crowns so there's some weird sku work around that's been problematic for over a year. No other game has this issue

Or

Again, if it's a store issue, that's something Microsoft has direct control over, not ZOS.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or

Again, if it's a store issue, that's something Microsoft has direct control over, not ZOS.

It's not a store issue.

No one is having trouble getting charged or having the purchase processed.

The p I own is that when we pay ZOS doesn't assign crowns until after we open a ticket each time.
    That and the way they have their DLC in their own store, there are times no benefits are rewarded at all

All that to say I'm for this idea cause it touches on a large pain point of mine.
    Looking at ways to recognize frequent customers is a good focus regardless of a sub or a purchase.

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they bring back loyalty rewards, I would prefer items that can be gained by other means. Mostly vanity things such as mounts, pets, cotumes, dyes, so on and so forth.
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    Your idea will never work.

ZoS won't even refund us players for all the lost time because of not being able to play ESO for reasons that go beyond routine maintenance.

If ZoS could do that then maybe your idea might work but the rewards you suggest are far too generous for ZoS to agree to.

Look at the miserable rewards you get for dungeon crawls.

I am not dissing your post, just saying that ZoS are not the type of company to give anything away beyond a second anniversary bday cake.
    Edited by BlackguardBob on July 27, 2016 10:28PM
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Your idea will never work.

ZoS won't even refund us players for all the lost time because of not being able to play ESO for reasons that go beyond routine maintenance.

If ZoS could do that then maybe your idea might work but the rewards you suggest are far too generous for ZoS to agree to.

Look at the miserable rewards you get for dungeon crawls.

I am not dissing your post, just saying that ZoS are not the type of company to give anything away beyond a second anniversary bday cake.
    I grew up learning that you get what you earn. Do things the best way possible and stay humble regardless of how great you become.

Daddy might like giving you birthday cakes once a year. But daddy also knows that a birthday cake alone won't make you savor the whole year. He has to make you feel good all day, everyday, the rest of the year, or all you have to look forward to is a frosty little dessert and the rest of the year sucks.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be tied to money spent, but in game experiences. Something like destinys moments of triumph.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be tied to money spent, but in game experiences. Something like destinys moments of triumph.

You mean... like unlockable costumes... or maybe unique dyes?