Maintenance for the week of January 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 30
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online Veteran Reward Concept

Kalifas
Kalifas
✭✭✭
I am suggesting a Veteran Reward System for giving subscribers and DLC buyers the same perks based on how much money they have spent on ESO.
Money is money regardless if it is spent by subscribing or spent on crown purchases. If two players spend the same amount of money, they deserve the same perks.

This disparity between DLC buyers and subscribers must stop because it is causing strife between players and developers and weird monetization due to the worry of what a purchase is worth and what should be locked or unlocked.

Please ignore the weird blue snowflake over some of the text. I didn't want to go back and re-do the picture.

vetrewards.jpg

Now comes the fun part! What Veteran reward perks should be and how and in what order should perks be unlocked during the timeline. I am going to start with one and I hope each of you adds some cool perks to the list and come back and add some more input! We all win in this system and it puts players on a more even playing field. And it stops ZoS from being the bad guy by having to cater to one group and disservice the other. B)

The Veteran Rewards start kicking in on purchases following purchase of the base game. Monthly crowns and free playable DLC rewards only given to subscribers.

My Veteran Reward wish:
Rank 1: Any race, any alliance
Rank 2: Unlock Imperial race
Rank 3: One free mount and Costume
Rank 4: Increased experience points and gold gain by 5%
Rank 5: Increased crafting research & Inspiration by 5%
Rank 6: Crafting Bag

I am going to stop at rank 6, because I don't know what else to suggest and I want to see your suggestions first.

An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason subscribers are more valued than people who buy crowns and receive such rewards is because they are a guaranteed, sustained income for ZOS. People who don't subscribe could end up not 'giving' any money to ZOS for months on end, whereas a subscriber typically will keep renewing his or her subscription.

    I don't subscribe and I'm okay with subscribers getting benefits over us non-subbers.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    I think the reason subscribers are more valued than people who buy crowns and receive such rewards is because they are a guaranteed, sustained income for ZOS. People who don't subscribe could end up not 'giving' any money to ZOS for months on end, whereas a subscriber typically will keep renewing his or her subscription.

    I don't subscribe and I'm okay with subscribers getting benefits over us non-subbers.
    Yep, that's why I still gave crowns and free DLC play to subscribers only. Rest of it is money is money though. This system could give incentive for wanting to spend more money from all players. It's not guaranteed people will buy but it isn't guaranteed people will keep subscribing either. The main reason to subscribe or even play is a great experience and great content.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw this feature in a recent ps4 release game I shut it off.
    I dont mind subscribing to a game that I enjoy playing, but I dont want to feel forced to for months. Also most of what you listed I recieved with purchase of the game and the rest I can get with a sub.
    Part of me fails to understand the point of this thread.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    When I saw this feature in a recent ps4 release game I shut it off.
    I dont mind subscribing to a game that I enjoy playing, but I dont want to feel forced to for months. Also most of what you listed I recieved with purchase of the game and the rest I can get with a sub.
    Part of me fails to understand the point of this thread.
    This is exactly my point. Now you either subscribe or get the shaft or forced as you say. If a player subs 1 year for the standard price and another players spends the same amount of money, why does he get no perks?

    The difference is how people like to spend. One person might like paying in increments monthly while another might like to play free most of the year with an occasional spending splurge. If they both spend 180 bucks that year, why does one person get rewards and the other the stick?
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    In the Ultima Online community, subscriber rewards were pretty huge. A lot of them became a symbol of prestige among players, and some were as simple as dyes. After several years you were rewards with a unique spectral mount (which was pretty legendary among the community).

    ...and look at those rewards now...not so legendary anymore...same thing here. This game will fade into the collective consiousness of other MMOs that have gone before and which I've played...the virtual rewards that took forever to achieve will vanish just like the hours it took to obtain them...

    (Yes, I have the beta Monkey, just like most of you).
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see old loyalty rewards reintroduced. Well, at least except the tiger and jester outfit.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

    PC/EU
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    In the Ultima Online community, subscriber rewards were pretty huge. A lot of them became a symbol of prestige among players, and some were as simple as dyes. After several years you were rewards with a unique spectral mount (which was pretty legendary among the community).

    ...and look at those rewards now...not so legendary anymore...same thing here. This game will fade into the collective consiousness of other MMOs that have gone before and which I've played...the virtual rewards that took forever to achieve will vanish just like the hours it took to obtain them...

    (Yes, I have the beta Monkey, just like most of you).
    Yes, and? Everything ends eventually. Everything you work hard to achieve one day becomes old and busted as something shiny and new comes along. Be it games, graphics cards, food, life, cars... things. That's just how things go. Doesn't mean it's a bad idea.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    In the Ultima Online community, subscriber rewards were pretty huge. A lot of them became a symbol of prestige among players, and some were as simple as dyes. After several years you were rewards with a unique spectral mount (which was pretty legendary among the community).

    ...and look at those rewards now...not so legendary anymore...same thing here. This game will fade into the collective consiousness of other MMOs that have gone before and which I've played...the virtual rewards that took forever to achieve will vanish just like the hours it took to obtain them...

    (Yes, I have the beta Monkey, just like most of you).
    Yes, and? Everything ends eventually. Everything you work hard to achieve one day becomes old and busted as something shiny and new comes along. Be it games, graphics cards, food, life, cars... things. That's just how things go. Doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

    I agree, never said it was a bad idea. In fact, I love the idea of working toward a goal. It drives me in all aspects of my life. Probably why I like to play these types of games so much.

    My point was to show exactly what you reiterated from my post - that all good things must come to an end.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subs are rewarded becasue this is revenue that can be counted on and included in company forecasting. This is a sort of guaranteed revenue stream ZOS. Yes you can stop anytime but this is more planned for income that they can count on.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

    #NightmareBear
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    The ESO Rewards were:
    High Wrothgar Wraith (3 months - pet), Dwemer Sphere (6 months - pet), Mask of Cheerful Slaughter (9 months - costume), Striped Senche-Tiger (1 year - mount)

    Technically, the Senche was 300 days paid (so, 10 months). There wasn't a full year between launch and TU rolling out.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    Please ignore the weird blue snowflake over some of the text. I didn't want to go back and re-do the picture.

    What's with that weird snowflake?

    But, seriously, Kalifas. This was a system that existed back during the subscription era and was deliberately phased out with the introduction of Tamriel Unlimited.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    In the Ultima Online community, subscriber rewards were pretty huge. A lot of them became a symbol of prestige among players, and some were as simple as dyes. After several years you were rewards with a unique spectral mount (which was pretty legendary among the community).

    ...and look at those rewards now...not so legendary anymore...same thing here. This game will fade into the collective consiousness of other MMOs that have gone before and which I've played...the virtual rewards that took forever to achieve will vanish just like the hours it took to obtain them...

    (Yes, I have the beta Monkey, just like most of you).
    Yes, and? Everything ends eventually. Everything you work hard to achieve one day becomes old and busted as something shiny and new comes along. Be it games, graphics cards, food, life, cars... things. That's just how things go. Doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

    Women (or men)
    Edited by Voxicity on July 27, 2016 12:12PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    The ESO Rewards were:
    High Wrothgar Wraith (3 months - pet), Dwemer Sphere (6 months - pet), Mask of Cheerful Slaughter (9 months - costume), Striped Senche-Tiger (1 year - mount)

    Technically, the Senche was 300 days paid (so, 10 months). There wasn't a full year between launch and TU rolling out.
    Fair point. I rounded up for simplicity.
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    My assumptions: (not proveable, not based on known facts, just what I personally assume)
    • They are trying to give incentives to encourage subscriptions
    • Many subscribers also purchase additional crowns
    • Subscribers are more likely to spend more money overall than a non-subscriber

    My opinions:
    • Rewards should be unique based upon how you spend your money. Its acceptable in my opinion for a subscriber to have a perk or vanity item that isn't available through any other method.
    • Its reasonable for buyers to want recognition for their overall money spent in the game. This e-peen attitude is real, its typical human nature, and some people just hide it better than others, but most feel it at some point.

    My suggestions for a reward system: (apart from subscriber perks that already exist)
    • Issue 1 token per month of subscription
    • Issue equivalent # of tokens based upon $ spent (1 token per $15, etc)
    • Have token vendors containing items of varying cost (rare items cost more tokens)
    • Token vendors should have vanity items not available through any other means
    • Possibly have consumables available for tokens (food, drink, xp potions)
    • Have race, appearance, name change items be purchasable by tokens
    • Have unique housing decorations only available on the token vendor


  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    The ESO Rewards were:
    High Wrothgar Wraith (3 months - pet), Dwemer Sphere (6 months - pet), Mask of Cheerful Slaughter (9 months - costume), Striped Senche-Tiger (1 year - mount)

    Technically, the Senche was 300 days paid (so, 10 months). There wasn't a full year between launch and TU rolling out.
    Fair point. I rounded up for simplicity.

    Fair enough. I figured I'd point it out, because I've seen enough players who didn't know... well, about the old loyalty program at all, really. But, specifically the Senche being a 1 year reward.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    I think the reason subscribers are more valued than people who buy crowns and receive such rewards is because they are a guaranteed, sustained income for ZOS. People who don't subscribe could end up not 'giving' any money to ZOS for months on end, whereas a subscriber typically will keep renewing his or her subscription.

    I don't subscribe and I'm okay with subscribers getting benefits over us non-subbers.
    Ok I don't think you understood what I was trying to get across in this idea.

    1.There is not a maybe spend for either party in this system. You either do spend or you don't. And if you don't subscribe or you don't spend money, you get no veteran rewards at all.

    2.There are recent study shown that most players unsubscribe and re-subscribe more than just stay subscribed, google it. Even Matt Firor acknowledges this in an interview where he views most of his playerbase as players who come and go like vacations. That is why content has become content light in shorted spurts.

    3.Perks are not the inherent reason that people keep playing a game more often. That same study I mentioned shows that most players stay subbed or come back when the content is good, performance is good, and they have friends who play the same game.

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/276994/mmo-market-reaches-20-billion-dollars-in-2016
    “Generally, more than a third of MMO gamers play a title for more than one-and-a-half years before quitting, so maximizing revenue from experienced players is critical,” says Joost van Dreunen, CEO for SuperData. “Keeping the player engaged with new content, daily challenges and the ability to manipulate the in-game environment will decrease their likelihood to abandon the game for another title.”

    Manipulate, the game I subscribed longest to had no dailies, and the developer didn't try to manipulate anyone. No, the content and friends is what kept players for long durations and it kept me subscribed for 8 years.This manipulation is what drives players to play other games even if they like the current game. If you have a bad experience, such as lackluster content or systems designed to make your experience tedious or bad performance.Of course you will seek a better experience elsewhere if no friends are present.

    70 likes and 33 awesomes. If you can make a very devout fan like Gidorick who has probably subscribed since day one question your system and lose his mind. You might want to question some business practices instead of only going with what you think is good from the greed mentality.


    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165626/the-barber-shop-is-done-the-ignored-community-input-is-here

    When an experience is amazing, the content is amazing, and friends play, no manipulations are needed. I see potential in this game to be stellar. I know people always say that about their preferred game. But they don't have the foundation potential as this does. It has the backing off one of the premier rpg creators and I might gout out on a limb for this one. Probably, one of the top combat systems, mechanics wise in the industry.

    forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/14/gta-onlines-500m-in-microtransactions-could-mean-a-very-different-gta-6/#2561173e5065

    https://zhugeex.com/2016/01/sales-of-grand-theft-auto-products-have-generated-2-3-billion-since-gta5-launch/
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Tessie wrote: »
    My assumptions: (not proveable, not based on known facts, just what I personally assume)
    • They are trying to give incentives to encourage subscriptions
    • Many subscribers also purchase additional crowns
    • Subscribers are more likely to spend more money overall than a non-subscriber

    My opinions:
    • Rewards should be unique based upon how you spend your money. Its acceptable in my opinion for a subscriber to have a perk or vanity item that isn't available through any other method.
    • Its reasonable for buyers to want recognition for their overall money spent in the game. This e-peen attitude is real, its typical human nature, and some people just hide it better than others, but most feel it at some point.

    My suggestions for a reward system: (apart from subscriber perks that already exist)
    • Issue 1 token per month of subscription
    • Issue equivalent # of tokens based upon $ spent (1 token per $15, etc)
    • Have token vendors containing items of varying cost (rare items cost more tokens)
    • Token vendors should have vanity items not available through any other means
    • Possibly have consumables available for tokens (food, drink, xp potions)
    • Have race, appearance, name change items be purchasable by tokens
    • Have unique housing decorations only available on the token vendor

    A special token vendor. Interesting, this didn't even cross my mind. Thanks for giving your thoughts on implementation rather than just arguing the existence of it.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your idea, but your rewards are a little over the top.

    I'd suggest something a little cheaper, such as a bag of soulgems, a small pet, a hat, a title, a unique emote etc.

    Higher tier rewards could be something like a unique crafting motif, a costume or even a mount.

    Just fluff that you can't get from anywhere else, that doesn't affect your gameplay and won't cause people to freak out when they realize you've just given away almost 5000 crowns worth of stuff in the first 2 months...

    Also, I'm not a big fan of XP boosts as perks, since they invariably cause me to overlevel the content and make the game dull.

    Just my 2c. :)
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    I like your idea, but your rewards are a little over the top.

    I'd suggest something a little cheaper, such as a bag of soulgems, a small pet, a hat, a title, a unique emote etc.

    Higher tier rewards could be something like a unique crafting motif, a costume or even a mount.

    Just fluff that you can't get from anywhere else, that doesn't affect your gameplay and won't cause people to freak out when they realize you've just given away almost 5000 crowns worth of stuff in the first 2 months...

    Also, I'm not a big fan of XP boosts as perks, since they invariably cause me to overlevel the content and make the game dull.

    Just my 2c. :)
    Yeah I am not a fan either. If this game is one I don't plan on staying with then the xp perks are fine. If I am wanting a game to invest in, why shorten the experience? If I play a game to relieve stress in a world I enjoy, for the story. Anything that shortens that just causes me to look for another game sooner.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kalifas, I really need to ask... what do you expect the outcome of this thread to be?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need veteran rewards. We don't need video game welfare.

    If you want more stuff in the game, work your butt off so you can afford those things.
    Or charge a few things on a card and build up some credit.
    Both completely valid strategies for getting more stuff in game.

    The game should be its own incentive to play. If it's not, there's something wrong with the mindset with which you're approaching it.
    signing off
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    @starkerealm
    Honestly I am not sure. I guess I think this is a good idea for most players unless they feel a subscriber should be royalty and everyone else should be peasants regardless of how much money someone spent?

    But rather than giving thoughts on making it worthwhile. I am getting more post arguing the matter. Which I don't get.. Regardless of the question on whether subs bring more potential money or dlc brings more potential money to the developers. This system takes the question out of the equation because that is all that argument is. There are no guarantees.

    The fact is that regardless if you sub or buy dlc only. No money is guaranteed until that money is spent. And in this system no Veteran rewards are gained until you either subscribe or buy content.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kalifas, the reason is, you're arguing for a replacement to the existing "veteran" reward system. Which makes sense, because you didn't realize that was what you were getting.

    When the old system was removed, it was explicitly stated that it was being replaced with the crown store stipend, so that players could take their veteran rewards and spend them on whatever they wanted. Rather than handing out, only, very specific rewards.

    Your 1500 a month, is your vet reward. And, yeah, I'm not particularly eager to toss that. Especially since 1500 is way better than you'll get from any other MMO's subscriber stipend system.
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I wouldn't mind them brining back loyalty rewards, but they should try to stick with rewards that are no products already sold or are free as that would make it a lot less appealing to those who have them. Otherwise, seems like a good idea to me.
    Yeetus that fetus

    Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    @Kalifas, the reason is, you're arguing for a replacement to the existing "veteran" reward system. Which makes sense, because you didn't realize that was what you were getting.

    When the old system was removed, it was explicitly stated that it was being replaced with the crown store stipend, so that players could take their veteran rewards and spend them on whatever they wanted. Rather than handing out, only, very specific rewards.

    Your 1500 a month, is your vet reward. And, yeah, I'm not particularly eager to toss that. Especially since 1500 is way better than you'll get from any other MMO's subscriber stipend system.
    Ok, that is the main reward you get from subscribing, the crowns. You would still get those being a subscriber with your monthly payments. I can't think of a better reward for subscribing besides free DLC play and crowns.

    This proposition is tasked with giving people rewards who like to pay differently. You got the monthly payment person who likes payments small overtime and then you have the weekend splurger who is frugal most of the time but then bust out the wallet in spurts. Both get perks because they both gave ZoS money. Or neither gets perks if they don't subscribe or buy content at the same value.
    Edited by Kalifas on July 27, 2016 8:31PM
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    @Kalifas, the reason is, you're arguing for a replacement to the existing "veteran" reward system. Which makes sense, because you didn't realize that was what you were getting.

    When the old system was removed, it was explicitly stated that it was being replaced with the crown store stipend, so that players could take their veteran rewards and spend them on whatever they wanted. Rather than handing out, only, very specific rewards.

    Your 1500 a month, is your vet reward. And, yeah, I'm not particularly eager to toss that. Especially since 1500 is way better than you'll get from any other MMO's subscriber stipend system.
    Ok, that is the main reward you get from subscribing, the crowns. You would still get those being a subscriber with your monthly payments. I can't think of a better reward for subscribing besides free DLC play and crowns.

    This proposition is tasked with giving people rewards who like to pay differently. You got the monthly payment person who likes payments small overtime and then you have the weekend splurger who is frugal most of the time but then bust out the wallet in spurts. Both get perks because they both gave ZoS money.

    Aren't we getting "rewards" now the first time we visit a DLC? Like the pet from TG? You get that whether you sub for the DLC or buy it outright. Isn't that more or less what you want (minus some of the more outrageous things you mention rewards like permanent crafting bag access)?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    @Kalifas, the reason is, you're arguing for a replacement to the existing "veteran" reward system. Which makes sense, because you didn't realize that was what you were getting.

    When the old system was removed, it was explicitly stated that it was being replaced with the crown store stipend, so that players could take their veteran rewards and spend them on whatever they wanted. Rather than handing out, only, very specific rewards.

    Your 1500 a month, is your vet reward. And, yeah, I'm not particularly eager to toss that. Especially since 1500 is way better than you'll get from any other MMO's subscriber stipend system.
    Ok, that is the main reward you get from subscribing, the crowns. You would still get those being a subscriber with your monthly payments. I can't think of a better reward for subscribing besides free DLC play and crowns.

    This proposition is tasked with giving people rewards who like to pay differently. You got the monthly payment person who likes payments small overtime and then you have the weekend splurger who is frugal most of the time but then bust out the wallet in spurts. Both get perks because they both gave ZoS money. Or neither gets perks if they don't subscribe or buy content at the same value.

    The idea of letting people pick from the menu to satisfy their play style is exactly why the crown store is set up the way it is. Seriously, stuff like the consumables in there are primarily aimed at people who are spending their stipend on them. The limited time mounts, and costumes aren't really that different from subscriber benefits you get in other games for being here "this month."

    In fact, picking off the menu, so your vet rewards matched your play style was, explicitly, one of the goals of the crown store.

    What you're doing here is offering suggestions on a solved problem.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Kalifas wrote: »
    @Kalifas, the reason is, you're arguing for a replacement to the existing "veteran" reward system. Which makes sense, because you didn't realize that was what you were getting.

    When the old system was removed, it was explicitly stated that it was being replaced with the crown store stipend, so that players could take their veteran rewards and spend them on whatever they wanted. Rather than handing out, only, very specific rewards.

    Your 1500 a month, is your vet reward. And, yeah, I'm not particularly eager to toss that. Especially since 1500 is way better than you'll get from any other MMO's subscriber stipend system.
    Ok, that is the main reward you get from subscribing, the crowns. You would still get those being a subscriber with your monthly payments. I can't think of a better reward for subscribing besides free DLC play and crowns.

    This proposition is tasked with giving people rewards who like to pay differently. You got the monthly payment person who likes payments small overtime and then you have the weekend splurger who is frugal most of the time but then bust out the wallet in spurts. Both get perks because they both gave ZoS money.

    Aren't we getting "rewards" now the first time we visit a DLC? Like the pet from TG? You get that whether you sub for the DLC or buy it outright. Isn't that more or less what you want (minus some of the more outrageous things you mention rewards like permanent crafting bag access)?
    I want ZoS to reward players who spend more overtime regardless if they subscribe or buy DLC equal in cost to someone who subscribes. X person subscribes 1 year at 180 dollars and get Veteran rewards for that year. Y person spends 180 dollars in 1.5 years and gets Veteran rewards up to that amount.

    Many games offer the user purchases to increase inventory space or character slots. If that is outrageous then perhaps the permanent infinite crafting bag should be a tad limited.
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    @Kalifas, the reason is, you're arguing for a replacement to the existing "veteran" reward system. Which makes sense, because you didn't realize that was what you were getting.

    When the old system was removed, it was explicitly stated that it was being replaced with the crown store stipend, so that players could take their veteran rewards and spend them on whatever they wanted. Rather than handing out, only, very specific rewards.

    Your 1500 a month, is your vet reward. And, yeah, I'm not particularly eager to toss that. Especially since 1500 is way better than you'll get from any other MMO's subscriber stipend system.
    Ok, that is the main reward you get from subscribing, the crowns. You would still get those being a subscriber with your monthly payments. I can't think of a better reward for subscribing besides free DLC play and crowns.

    This proposition is tasked with giving people rewards who like to pay differently. You got the monthly payment person who likes payments small overtime and then you have the weekend splurger who is frugal most of the time but then bust out the wallet in spurts. Both get perks because they both gave ZoS money. Or neither gets perks if they don't subscribe or buy content at the same value.

    The idea of letting people pick from the menu to satisfy their play style is exactly why the crown store is set up the way it is. Seriously, stuff like the consumables in there are primarily aimed at people who are spending their stipend on them. The limited time mounts, and costumes aren't really that different from subscriber benefits you get in other games for being here "this month."

    In fact, picking off the menu, so your vet rewards matched your play style was, explicitly, one of the goals of the crown store.

    What you're doing here is offering suggestions on a solved problem.
    The issue of what something should cost and what should be available depending on money spent is far from solved.

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165626/the-barber-shop-is-done-the-ignored-community-input-is-here
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
Sign In or Register to comment.