Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When we change our Race, let us pick any race outside our faction including Imperials... PLEASE ZOS

Smasherx74
Smasherx74
✭✭✭✭✭
I know the Imperial DLC is what gives you access to all races and imperial Race I believe, but why not let players change to ANY race if they're paying MORE than the actual DLC costs to change their race. I tried in the PTS when it first went up and noticed this issue so I don't know if it was chanegd.

Personally, I wont change any of my races if I can't switch to say Khajiit on my nord stamplar. I'm also not going to pay for the imperial DLC just to change my race to the race I want AFTER paying 3000 or so crowns just to change the race to begin with. Please tell me everyone agrees on this issue, there is no reason to force players to buy the DLC ontop of their race change just to pick the race they actually want to change to.

Edit: People saying "I paid for all races and I don't want you having it for free", It's not free the race change costs MORE than the dlc does.

Edited by Smasherx74 on July 27, 2016 4:14PM
Master Debater
  • Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    No. I didn't buy any race any alliance so it could be freely given out to others
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
    CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trublz wrote: »
    No. I didn't buy any race any alliance so it could be freely given out to others

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believeOne Tamriel needs a lot more detailed explanation in accordance with the parlor crown options.

Having paid for the option to pick any race regardless of faction should stay.

I think that the issue is two parts, one...it's unclear but ...part two, the price and the absence of a faction change are of concern.

Seems yet another half-azz done job on ZOS' part
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    AfkNinja wrote: »

I don't care one way or the other... But...

It's wouldn't be "freely given out" when people pay for the race change.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    It's wouldn't be "freely given out" when people pay for the race change.

They're paying for the change, not for imperial race or any race any faction.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just unlock the package so you can play any race in any alliance and you can. Seriously doubt Zos would move around that.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have the thing you want for sale, buy the thing you want. It's no more complex than that.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They already told us that it would not be so.. And it would be a bad signal to send to the players who actually paid for having the option of all races.. should we get free race changes then.?
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No chance really as people payed for it and it exists as a separate pack. The only way to do it is to refund everyone for it first and you can guess the chance of that.
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On one hand yes your paying for the race change but on the other hand other people including me have bought the any race any alliance pack and will be buying a race change also...

So it just seems unfair if they allowed you to bypass buying the any race any alliance pack.

Maybe if you did not have the any race any alliance it could just cost alittle more to change your race outside of your alliance. But im sure people would flip a lid at that idea, but it does seems like a fair way to handle this.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give it to everyone, I got the Imperial Edition at launch and don't care if it is given away or not...

Add it to race change as an unlock?

I agree with OP should be able to choose any race with race change.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

13 of you don't understand the definition of free I'm guessing.

You're paying more than the DLC costs to race change.
    Master Debater
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »

So in that case for us who bought the pack earlier, we will be reimbursed the crowns then when buying a race change?
    Otherwise we have paid for something that you want for free.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Edition Upgrade gives you the Imperial Race. 2100 Crowns.
    Adventurer Pack (or an old Explorer's Pack code) gives you Any Race, Any Alliance. 1900 Crowns.
    Combined, they're 4000 total. You get more features for that 4,000 but none of the features are à la carte.

The more you know duh duh duh duhhhh...
    signing off
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believeOne Tamriel needs a lot more detailed explanation in accordance with the parlor crown options.

Having paid for the option to pick any race regardless of faction should stay.

I think that the issue is two parts, one...it's unclear but ...part two, the price and the absence of a faction change are of concern.

Seems yet another half-azz done job on ZOS' part

You're already claiming a "half-azz" job by ZOS ... when the OneTamriel details have yet to be announced and are still months away?

Really could use my LOL button right about now ...
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    They have the thing you want for sale, buy the thing you want. It's no more complex than that.

This right here ^^^^
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭

They should reduce the cost of tokens SIGNIFICANTLY instead. Hell, it costs half as much to buy an additional character slot. Just reroll a character and give him 9 pieces of training gear and level up in 12 hours tops
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So in that case for us who bought the pack earlier, we will be reimbursed the crowns then when buying a race change?

So in that case then for us who didn't buy the Imperial DLC specifically and we want to change our race to Khajiit from Nord, we have to stack another 1000-2000 crowns on top of that 3000 crown purchase to get the race change. Makes sense, I'm not paying for either in that case. :)
    Master Debater
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not how it works, though. The way you're talking, the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade would be given freely - that is, at no additional cost - to anyone who purchases a race change. You're paying 3000 crowns to change to a race within your alliance.
    The Imperial Edition upgrade allows you to race change to Imperial, if you purchase a Race Change Token. The ARAA upgrade allows you to change race to any race, if you purchase a Race Change Token. The benefit is on the upgrade(s) and not the token.
    So in that case then for us who didn't buy the Imperial DLC specifically and we want to change our race to Khajiit from Nord, we have to stack another 1000-2000 crowns on top of that 3000 crown purchase to get the race change. Makes sense, I'm not paying for either in that case. :)

Yup. If you want to be any race, you gotta pony up.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love people who belittle others for being wrong when they are demonstrably wrong.

If someone who bought "Any Race, Any Alliance" pays the same amount to change race as someone who didn't buy "Any Race, Any Alliance" and both players are allowed to change to any race, then yes, the latter player is absolutely getting something the former payed for for free. It makes not even the slightest difference how expensive the race change is. Not even remotely.

I really don't care all that much, since there is absolutely no way I would ever use race change, but the smugness of someone incorrect looking down on people who are correct just stuck in my craw.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 27, 2016 5:47PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭

Stop saying Imperial DLC, that's not what it is.

To change your Nord to khajiit, it will be 1900 crowns for the any race, any alliance pack
    To change your Nord to imperial, then you need to upgrade your account with the "DIGITAL IMPERIAL EDITION"

Go ahead and buy the IC DLC and be out 3k crowns so I can laugh at you
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the Imperial Edition and the Any Race, Any Alliance so that I could start any new character I wanted in any alliance I wanted.

If you want to pay 3k Crowns per race change to switch your character to a race that doesn't belong in that alliance, what do I care? It would cost you about $90 to have the characters I got for $30. I still got the better deal.

But ZOS won't do it anyway, because they don't want to miss out on that $30 on top of the rest. That's why they won't sell alliance changes, either, because then how would they sell the Explorer's Pack?
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree. Pay for that expansion if you want that feature. I have no problem with them offering a package containing Explorer pack or other such with it though.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Isn't free. OP made that clear.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a semi related note, what the hell is up with the adventurer pack info on the web page?

Play in the Alliance of your choice, no matter the race!

Ok i am with you so far... Next?

Find buried treasure, and more!

Umm what? There is no burried treasure in that pack, or more? All it does is as it says, play in the alliance of your choice no matter the race. Nothing else.

Did someone in marketing say, well crap that is only one sentence. No one will pay 1900 crowns for one sentence. Put some other stupid crap there!
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on July 27, 2016 6:08PM
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know the Imperial DLC is what gives you access to all races and imperial Race I believe, but why not let players change to ANY race if they're paying MORE than the actual DLC costs to change their race. I tried in the PTS when it first went up and noticed this issue so I don't know if it was chanegd.

Personally, I wont change any of my races if I can't switch to say Khajiit on my nord stamplar. I'm also not going to pay for the imperial DLC just to change my race to the race I want AFTER paying 3000 or so crowns just to change the race to begin with. Please tell me everyone agrees on this issue, there is no reason to force players to buy the DLC ontop of their race change just to pick the race they actually want to change to.

"any race, any alliance" was free as long as you preordered on console. The Imperial race is only available with the "Imperial Edition". Both of which can be purchased in crown store now for minimal cost. Why would they tell one group of people they had to pay for something and then turn around and just give it away to another group? They will (and should) keep it as an extra feature available for extra cost.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: People saying "I paid for all races and I don't want you having it for free", It's not free the race change costs MORE than the dlc does.

And if one of us were to decide to change a character to Imperial... then we'd have paid for both Imperial Edition -and- the Race change. We're still getting the short end of the stick.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have those stupid treasure map chests clogging up my inventory. One of these days I need to go find them or trash them but I haven't gotten around to it yet. :s
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Isn't free. OP made that clear.

People paid for any race any alliance. People payed for Imperial Upgrade. Letting you bypass those requirements would indeed be getting those races for "free" as someone who already bought them who buys a race change paid more than you did. It's not that hard to grasp.