The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Guide: ESO Style Parlor"

• www.spideypeb18_ESO
    So wait, those of us who've waited over two years for this because we couldn't zoom into our characters during character creation at launch get to pay a thousand Crowns each to finally fix the mistakes we couldn't see at the time we made them?

Come on, pull the other one.

I did, I was stokes for this, now I have to pay to change something they messed up 29 months ago. The appearance change in my opinion should be gold, not crowns, complete overhauls sure.

Just dissapointed now.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    YoshinJaa wrote: »
    1000 Crowns to change your Appearance.
    3000 Crowns for Race change (and Appearance as well).
    2500 Crowns for Name change (lol)

200 Crowns per each premium hairstyle, adornment, etc.

3500 Crowns for a Complete change (first 3 listed). Best value (due to pricing) if considering to buy the Race or Name change.

Not sure why these prices are that high, but not a fan of them at ALL.
    Sounds about right to me. Not too cheap that it encourages repeated usage, but cheap enough that for those to whom this matters, they will be able to afford it.

1000 Crowns is about $10, cheaper than WoW.
    3000 Crowns is $25, same as WoW.
    2500 is a bit steep (WoW's name change is only $10), but they really missed a trick by not including name change as part of appearance and race change, rather than as something separate, which I think is their biggest mistake.
    Agreed. In those situations, the price is too high for fixing something that was caused by a bug. A reduced-cost token would be nice for any character created while there were bugs affecting character creation.
    @Enodoc
    This isn't WoW and ESO is no where close to that level of success, quality nor does it offer that level of customization for the time it was released. Let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples and WoW is not that but as results of poor design and awful visuals for creation, the cost is disrespectful.
    Bah, whatever. I was only trying to see what other MMOs charged for the same things, and WoW was the first one I though of. Success and quality was not relevant for what I was looking at; one MMO, and another MMO, was all I was interested in.
    But it's not even similar because basic cosmetic changes in WoW don't cost real money.
    Fair enough, but I wasn't looking for basic cosmetic changes, I was looking for "Appearance Change", "Race Change" and "Name Change", and those match in functionality (changing 'every aspect of a character's physical appearance') between WoW and ESO, except that WoW's Appearance and Race tokens include a Name Change and ESO's don't.

The primary difference then is not between the tokens, but as you say, based on the cosmetic changes. If the Crown Store Appearance Collectibles (hairstyles, adornments, etc) were available with in-game gold rather than Crowns, that would match WoW, but I wasn't talking about those.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a complete and total cash grab.
    Not a fan at all.

I understand the price is to make people think twice about doing it frequently, but it's just a stupid solution to a problem that can easily be fixed by putting a long time limit on it. A 6-month or even 12-month cooldown for appearance and name change on a character should be enough to make people understand that it is an important change.

Hell, even just give the option to be able to do a basic appearance change (slight skin color toning, hair style, adornments, muscles) for a huge sum of gold (200k sounds about right) that takes about 2 full weeks to complete and has a 6-month cooldown; at least give the poor peeps a painful alternative than no alternative at all. Some of us really just want to change the color of our character's eyes and take away that awful tiara and nothing more.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Name change and race change too expensive. :(

We left the Guild Wars 2, because the gem store had a bad impact on the game experience. If you don't want to pay money but want something in the store, you buy gems for coin. It is not good, we were poor forever and there was very fequent gem store update.

We loved the feeling ESO and monthly fee, no more compulsion, we just play. It was amazing first year if we talk about only game experiece. it was good and it is good now, but since tamriel unlimited the situation is worse and worse. We made a decision. We will stay in this game but crown store comes :( We will stay and play as ESO+ 1500/crown we can buy sometimes something we will see what's happen, but only ESO+, no more crown.

My wife has long been waiting for the name change and race change, but this price is too high.

- She would like a name change because of a game bug. In character name there is an á letter. You cannot invite to group: No character found :( This sorcerer her main character, and we must pay 2500 crown if we don't want that ridiculous game bug.

- At the beggining there were many problems with female characters, apperance, armors, etc. She created lots of wood elf female characters, because she think only the wood elf girls nice, physique, armors etc. We got some cool updates (female armors, female physique, more apperance options) its the time change race :)

Name change is coming hurray, race change is coming hurray. Finally she can change her main character's name, and she can change 5 wood elf character's race. It is mean 2 500 + 5 * 3 000 = 17 500 crown.

Option A: We can buy 17 500 crown.
    No way. This has already happened in other games, ever again.

Option B: We can wait 12 month (ESO+ 12 month = 18 000 crown)
    She waited months. She has not played with these characters since anounced race change release, because she want play if it has already changed.

Option C: Left the game.
    Yesterday she was very sad. She want to left the game and all multi-armed bandit MMO. "Another game in we relive the horrors". We don't buy extra credit, but they force you, we "must" buy. There is the compulsion.

The life is so simple, everything is black and white if you think. Play or don't play, buy or don't buy. Finally she choosed Option B.

Suggestion: Send crown as gift.
    it would be nice if I could send my crowns to her as a gift.

I do not like how the crown store evolve and less and less playable content (in hours) with every DLC. My best favourite, Update 11 we pay 1500 crown for only 2 dungeons, nothing more just 2 dungeon.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Pashen wrote: »

3500 Crowns for a Complete change (first 3 listed). Best value (due to pricing) if considering to buy the Race or Name change.

Some of this I understand the price, but the Name Change...that is utterly ridiculous. Sorry but that is an outrageous price for a change of letters.

Is not just about changing letters, its a balance to prevent the constant changing of names.

Why would they care how often someone wants to change their name?

Leaderboards use character name, not @handle. That is one reason on its own.

I still fail to see why that would matter.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - She would like a name change because of a game bug. In character name there is an á letter. You cannot invite to group: No character found :( This sorcerer her main character, and we must pay 2500 crown if we don't want that ridiculous game bug.

@ChuckyPayne Any reason you didn't try to contact support to change the name before this?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome there is no reason, we didn't believe that such a thing can. we think it is a bug, maybe once it will be fix.
    But good idea, we do a try, ty.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Crowns for name change? Wow!.....

I know you want to discourage people from doing name changes every day but that sticker price stinks since it has such a small effect on your character. Perhaps a reduction to 1000 Crowns and a 6 months cool down to change it again?

Also, why not give subscription a discount on all of these changes?...... Like 50%?
    NA/PC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of this is perfectly fine. It is mostly inline or lower than other MMOs. The only issue is namechange. 1500 is more than enough and inline with other games. Don't be stupid ZoS.

It's not though. Star Trek Online has an in game tailor that costs a trivial amount of in game currency to change everything you want about your character.
    Actually, character customization at the tailor has been free four the last couple years. Of course, STO's a little different in that you actually have upwards of 10-15 customization characters... so, there is that.
    You pay a really small amount of in game currency for some changes while other changes like some uniforms require a cash shop purchase, and you can use the tailor as often as you want. I can entirely change the way my character looks and go back 10 minutes later and change it again.

To have played that game for years where I can change hair, height, head size, body bulk, eye color etc. for free as often as I want, and then come here where it costs 1000 crowns to do it once, is maddening. I mean wtf. Name change should cost money, yes. Race change should cost money, yes. Appearance change should NOT cost money unless you're changing to something that you have to buy, like a hair style or clothing from the cash shop.

This is a blatant cash grab.

I find it hilarious, you can call ZOS's decision a "cash grab" while discussing a game where you are prevented from gaining access to a T6 (or T5u) ship without paying money. For half of the content in STO, you literally cannot reach max level without spending cash, and are heavily encouraged to fly multiple T6 ships for their starship traits.

Add onto that you're talking about a game that charges real money currency for crafting.

But, ESO is the cash grab... right.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess I'll buy 1 token to fix the appearance on one character, and just be happy with the rest. That is a lot even with a lot of sub crowns I currently have.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaderboards use character name, not @handle. That is one reason on its own.

@notimetocare That's irrelevant. Mouse over any name on a leaderboard, and you'll see the associated account name. It's very easy to see the people who dominate weeklies with alts, for example.

Also, turn on name plates and change the option so that it shows account name instead of character name. Then everyone running around on your screen has their account name hovering over their heads--it's a great feature for trials weeklies when everyone's running on their alts and you're sometimes not sure who's who by the character name.

The point is, the account name is now readily available, and it's very easy to see who someone really is. The potential for abuse from frequent character name changes is quite low, and frankly, a red herring.
    Edited by code65536 on July 27, 2016 1:50PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What? Why is the price so damn high????!!!!

I want to change my Altmer stam DK to Redguard, of course the name will change too, so 3500 for this change!!!????

Thant is really much ZOS!!!

I also wanted to change the appearance of my Khajiit LV8 NB, as I was lazy to create the appearance better when I was creating him. Screw that now. I am going to delete him, I do not play him anyway....

:(
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand all sides an especially the race change one but I have seen in forums the idea, why not implement a cool down to limit for example race changes such as 30, 60 or even 90 days. That would limit constant race changing at a lesser cost. Another idea could be to allow one free change per acct to players. Each player can get one of all three tokens free that can be used only once such as an exp scroll. The player can decide to use all three on one alt or separate the coins between three alts.
    13.jpg
    Posted Just now

• argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Way too expensive for a race-change. If it gave 2 or more tokens it would be reasonable, but it'd be better to simply scrap a character and start over from scratch with how much that would cost. $25 just to change the race of a single character is too much to ask.
  • alvinp90b16_ESO
    I would like it more this way:

If you buy the customizations from the Crown Store (race change, name change etc) you have unlocked them permanently. Once you've done that you can buy one of those tokens in the game from a NPC for X amount of gold and that token can only be used on the character you bought it on, so it's bound to the character instead of the account itself. But... once you have purchased one of the tokens you can't buy it again after X amount of days (like a week or a month, just to prevent people to change everytime). This way would feel much better IMO, both for ZOS and the players.
    (Note: This is only my opinion on the Tokens and not the hairstyle, marking options.)
    Ebonheart Pact / European Server
    L50 Magicka Nightblade / PvP Executioner
    L50 Stamina Dragonknight / PvP/PvE DPS
    L50 Stamina Sorcerer / PvP/PvE DPS(?)
    L50 Magicka Templar / PvP Healer
    Don't ask help from me for any Group Dungeons or Trials...
    ... because I've never done any of that
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now more than ever ZO$ is appropriate name for Zenimax Online Studios :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭
    Pashen wrote: »

Some of this I understand the price, but the Name Change...that is utterly ridiculous. Sorry but that is an outrageous price for a change of letters.

Is not just about changing letters, its a balance to prevent the constant changing of names.

Name change really doesn't matter as your @ name is shown anyway, people will still know who you are regardless .
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Could ZOS at least have a sale on crowns again to help offset the cost temporarily for players who aren't independently wealthy? :)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    After calming down and filtering myself, here is the polite reaction to these prices.

Appearence meh, but almost reasonable. Race change, that is way too high. Name change, I honestly find that a joke. Maybe a typo, so BOTD for now.

Of course, had you found racial passives that weren't inherently overpowered in a game designed for soft caps where there now are none, or simply locked a name change to once a week on a character based GCD, that would have solved these issues.

Appearance change should have had a gold option, and I will not back down from that idea.

And to be totally frank, I could overlook mounts for 40 real life dollars (lol), but paying 25 bucks to change my name in a video game is unjustifiable. Not even worth changing my appearance for ten bucks.

Almost enough for me to leave, but I think I'll vote with my wallet and unsub first. Gods above, ZOS...

All three prices are within the realm of reasonable, compared to other games. Sure, you can pick your games to make ESO sound expensive or cheap, but a quick jaunt around the internet comes up with enough different numbers to show that ZOS is at the upper end, but they are still in the range. Name change is the most out of line, and odd enough that there has to be another reason for it to be that way.

They made two mistakes with "race change". The first was not adding the name change. My guess is that they will do this when they get around to it, which won't be any time soon. The second was calling it "Race Change". They really needed to call it something more impressive, like a "Character Makeover", which sounds a lot more expensive.

If they had moved Gender change from Appearance, added in Name change, and called it something more impressive, it would probably have gone over better, even at 3000-3500 Crowns.

I guess I'm in a place in my life where I have an acute value of my money. I'm in my last year of college and working minimum wage. I pay for my phone and car, and most of my meals. To change an appearance in a video game would cost me lunch for a day. To change my name in a video game would cost me gas money for a week. To change all of it? Costs more than a month of phone service.

So yu see, I'm not comparing it to other games, but to my expectations and willingness to spend money. Costumes were bad enough for 10, 20, 25 bucks a pop (which is why I don't have a lot of them I wanted). Now imagine the parlor didn't have to do much of anything in the way of development compared to stylized costumes, and in one case all it gives you is a different collection of symbols above your head. For twenty five dollars.

Not trying to be confrontational, like I said I thought aboot this before posting...mercifully xD
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , I like the bundle of existing hairs, it is reasonably priced for a collectible unlock. I would like to know if there is any chance of us ever getting a bundle with existing accessories and facial marks too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , I like the bundle of existing hairs, it is reasonably priced for a collectible unlock. I would like to know if there is any chance of us ever getting a bundle with existing accessories and facial marks too.

So all of this! A girl needs to be able to change her makeup and jewelry!

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fact that you guys have the nerve to only letting us re style our characters by paying with real life money is bad and greedy enough, but the fact that a name change is not included in race change is even worse then that.... Just watch, zenimax will do the same thing for housing when it comes around. You want that special house in your favorite zone? 5k crowns. Oh you didn't like the door type that the house came with? that'll be 1k crowns more please. Zenimax has no idea what consumer goodwill is. You lost mine, i hope it was worth the extra money it earned you. And i wouldn't be suprised if it was.

@MyNameIsElias - Just to point out that you can get them in a bundle that includes the race and name change for 3500 Crowns. That makes the name change 500 Crowns.

The problem is, most people will want to change the name of their character if they are changing their race. If you have an Argonian with a clearly Argonian name and then switch to a Nord, you most definitely will want to change the name. So, basically, by making name change a standalone at an extremely expensive price, they are able to get yet another 500 Crowns out of most people by creating a "bundle" of race and name change, so people think they're getting a really good deal.

Bottom line - name change should automatically come with race change, due to the nature of many names being very specific to a particular race. Name change as a standalone, shouldn't be any more than 1000 Crowns. EDIT: Also, since appearance and race change both allow you to change gender, that another reason that name change should be included.

Unfortunately for me, the only thing I wanted to change on a couple of characters is their name, but I am absolutely NOT going to spend 25 bucks per character to do so. I'm happy enough with the names (my wood elf's name sounds more high elf, and there are a couple of spelling changes I wanted to make on 2 others, but otherwise I like them very well enough to not need to spend $75 USD!).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 27, 2016 7:19PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds about right to me. Not too cheap that it encourages repeated usage, but cheap enough that for those to whom this matters, they will be able to afford it.

1000 Crowns is about $10, cheaper than WoW.
    3000 Crowns is $25, same as WoW.
    2500 is a bit steep (WoW's name change is only $10), but they really missed a trick by not including name change as part of appearance and race change, rather than as something separate, which I think is their biggest mistake.
    Agreed. In those situations, the price is too high for fixing something that was caused by a bug. A reduced-cost token would be nice for any character created while there were bugs affecting character creation.
    @Enodoc
    This isn't WoW and ESO is no where close to that level of success, quality nor does it offer that level of customization for the time it was released. Let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples and WoW is not that but as results of poor design and awful visuals for creation, the cost is disrespectful.
    Bah, whatever. I was only trying to see what other MMOs charged for the same things, and WoW was the first one I though of. Success and quality was not relevant for what I was looking at; one MMO, and another MMO, was all I was interested in.
    But it's not even similar because basic cosmetic changes in WoW don't cost real money.
    Fair enough, but I wasn't looking for basic cosmetic changes, I was looking for "Appearance Change", "Race Change" and "Name Change", and those match in functionality (changing 'every aspect of a character's physical appearance') between WoW and ESO, except that WoW's Appearance and Race tokens include a Name Change and ESO's don't.

The primary difference then is not between the tokens, but as you say, based on the cosmetic changes. If the Crown Store Appearance Collectibles (hairstyles, adornments, etc) were available with in-game gold rather than Crowns, that would match WoW, but I wasn't talking about those.

I think you're missing it.

ZOS intertwined what should be in-game gold with all real money requirements.
    That alone makes it far more expensive than WoW in your comparison and by specifics it's exponentially more expensive.

I change my hair and stuff in wow a lot. Prob 25-30 times per character in the last 2 years. I've paid once for a server transfer and have never paid for a name change, etc.

For me, WoW is also too expensive for what's really a cosmetic edit.
    So understanding that many others expressed to WoW that their costs were too high, using that to justify these prices is off base. Heck this game doesn't have the different servers and the character creation has more options, therefore the company is overcharging or taking advantage of poor character creation menus and options by charging for edits without addressing the issues of why the edits are necessary.

As some noted, paying to unlock edits is one thing, but paying per edit is outrageous.

That's all just on the edit piece.

Name change and race are another topic which should be less than WoW ...

Lack of faction change is upsetting too as we all do the exact same quests and have always had access to the same worlds. It's not like they are reworking anything.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 27, 2016 7:19PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The fact that you guys have the nerve to only letting us re style our characters by paying with real life money is bad and greedy enough, but the fact that a name change is not included in race change is even worse then that.... Just watch, zenimax will do the same thing for housing when it comes around. You want that special house in your favorite zone? 5k crowns. Oh you didn't like the door type that the house came with? that'll be 1k crowns more please. Zenimax has no idea what consumer goodwill is. You lost mine, i hope it was worth the extra money it earned you. And i wouldn't be suprised if it was.

@MyNameIsElias - Just to point out that you can get them in a bundle that includes the race and name change for 3500 Crowns. That makes the name change 500 Crowns.

The problem is, most people will want to change the name of their character if they are changing their race. If you have an Argonian with a clearly Argonian name and then switch to a Nord, you most definitely will want to change the name. So, basically, by making name change a standalone at an extremely expensive price, they are able to get yet another 500 Crowns out of most people by creating a "bundle" of race and name change, so people think they're getting a really good deal.

Bottom line - name change should automatically come with race change, due to the nature of many names being very specific to a particular race. Name change as a standalone, shouldn't be any more than 1000 Crowns. EDIT: Also, since appearance and race change both allow you to change gender, that another reason that name change should be included.

Question... would you have been less upset if they included a name change with the race change and charged 3500 Crowns? Just because Race is 3000 today does not mean that Race+Name was not always intended to be 3500.

Personally, I would have suggested to them that they bundle Name, Race, Appearance, and Gender into one All-in-one Style Makeover Event that they could have sold for 3000-3500 Crowns, then offered Appearance-only (no gender) and Name-only separately, with Appearance being 750 Crowns and Name being 1000-1500 Crowns. That way Name would not have to be a rider for any of them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FoxEsquire
    FoxEsquire
    ✭✭
    Wow, I was really looking forward to this. Now I learn it is a bit of a rip-off. Really disappointed. Basic appearance changes such as hair style, color, facial hair, make up, tattoos, scars etc. should be in game. Major body and facial changes should be in crown store for ~100-250 crowns. Racial changes in crown store too for ~500-1000. Name changes should be complementary like 1 per 6 months or something, then 100-500 crowns each for more than that. >:(

I was cool with 1500 crowns for an extra character slot because even if I delete a character that extra slot is still there. Permanent addition. Not a bad deal. But just to change my mustache, 1000 crowns; blech.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of this is perfectly fine. It is mostly inline or lower than other MMOs. The only issue is namechange. 1500 is more than enough and inline with other games. Don't be stupid ZoS.

It's not though. Star Trek Online has an in game tailor that costs a trivial amount of in game currency to change everything you want about your character.
    Actually, character customization at the tailor has been free four the last couple years. Of course, STO's a little different in that you actually have upwards of 10-15 customization characters... so, there is that.
    You pay a really small amount of in game currency for some changes while other changes like some uniforms require a cash shop purchase, and you can use the tailor as often as you want. I can entirely change the way my character looks and go back 10 minutes later and change it again.

To have played that game for years where I can change hair, height, head size, body bulk, eye color etc. for free as often as I want, and then come here where it costs 1000 crowns to do it once, is maddening. I mean wtf. Name change should cost money, yes. Race change should cost money, yes. Appearance change should NOT cost money unless you're changing to something that you have to buy, like a hair style or clothing from the cash shop.

This is a blatant cash grab.

I find it hilarious, you can call ZOS's decision a "cash grab" while discussing a game where you are prevented from gaining access to a T6 (or T5u) ship without paying money. For half of the content in STO, you literally cannot reach max level without spending cash, and are heavily encouraged to fly multiple T6 ships for their starship traits.

Add onto that you're talking about a game that charges real money currency for crafting.

But, ESO is the cash grab... right.

You're confusing cash grab with pay to win. ESO is far from p2w. It is looking like the norm will be ten bucks for a costume, 15-25 for a mount, and now twenty five to change my name.

I'll just buy steam games, and it'll do way more for me than one costume, even with as much as I love ESO.
  • Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »

So all of this! A girl needs to be able to change her makeup and jewelry!

Precisely on both, but I'd still like to know why a "base game collection" isn't being provided to those of us who not only bought the base game, but are subscribing to said base game?

Additionally, to reference The Old Republic again, you had the option of buying store items for in-game currency. People bought items with real money and sold them for credits. This system isn't without flaw, but at least it would give us something to do with our gold.

It's just difficult accepting such high prices when other games have more reasonable standards and more options available to you at no real-world charge. I could browse TOR's GTN for gear. I can go to a barbershop in WoW. Gold and credits. Not Dollars and Euros.

If you are going to keep real-world highest unreasonably high, you need to provide more alternatives for in-game gold. Right now you're asking me to buy the game, I sub to the game on top of that, but to be able to cycle through "base game" content, I have to break out the real money again? It's all asking too much of us.
    "M'aiq knows much, and tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."
    ―M'aiq the Liar
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm ESO+ member, and i also buy crown for all the collector edition DLC...
    but seriously, FFS i extremely dissapointed with this, everything with crown, and very overprice at that,yay....not

cant you at least implement barber system which player can use gold to change the hair with default-avilable hair from character screen?

well done ZoS, you outplayed yourself

note : yes, i'm aware all of this not necessary and purely cosmetic, but FFS just add a barber feature using gold just for the sake of gold sink and player service
    Edited by Solid_Metal on July 28, 2016 8:06AM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    I am fortunate I think because the only thing that I would buy would be a selection of hairstyles.
    It seems to be possible to buy a one time purchase at a reasonable amount to be able to change them now at will.
    It was really difficult to see our characters in launch creation, and it would be great to make some minor tweaks, but not at these prices.

The people I really feel sorry for, are those who made a selection of alternative characters only to hold inventory.
    A lot of them did still buy horses for them and cycle through and feed said horses, thereby making them viable to play once the horse space/speed/stamina thing became riding skill.
    Sadly many of them named the characters to reflect what they carried.
    :D I saw friends cycle through names like "Suitcase 1, 2 and 3", and "The Good Stuff".
    I can only imagine how many players there are out there with a similar problem who have waited for name change for that reason, not only the reasons I've seen here.

It is a crying shame that name change should come with such a high price.
    At the very least, some of the 'Barber Shop' options should also be available somehow with in game gold.

Many players were only able to afford to play once they did not need to sub.
    I have subbed since launch and applaud that others can now play who were unable to afford it before.
    I also noticed the return of friends once it went Free to Play.

Although subbed, I may even fall into the Casual demographic, because I play other games, do not play all day, and still have 'a life out there'.
    A few hours a day, and after 2 yrs still loads to do and enjoy keep the game fresh and exciting to me.
    No add on mods to make it faster and easier help too I think.

I wish ZoS well, but they need to make things attainable to everyone, and they really need to think more carefully how they treat long term dedicated players like those of you who really need name/race changes for a whole list of characters needing a remake.
    War....war never changes
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    rip off.