Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barber Shop prices revealed

• sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    These prices are nuts. I will not spend a dime on the barbershop.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind mildly high prices as long as the purchases are permanent and I can redo makeover like Barbie anytime I wanna change something without re-visiting the crown store.

The one time use things and it disappears should cost 1 crown. That is all I would pay for impermanence and being dealt the inconvenience of:

• Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • I want to change it again
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Repeat for the rest of time

At 1 crown per item it is still tedious and un-fun, makes me feel like a peasant they pretend they like.... but not really.
    200 crowns or more with that re-visit poo and I am un-installing and never looking back.

:*
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted a name change, but at this price I'll pass.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are pretty reasonable prices all things considered.
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is absolutely INSANE! Zenimax is FORCING people to buy this and asking people to have atleast 5-10k crowns available when the Update 11 hits. A $20 DLC just turned into a $100 DLC...

This is not some limited edition mount in the crown store.. This is something we all feel like we need. Majority of players starting out made a mistake choosing a race that's not the best for that certain class. Majority of players wants to change the look of the our characters because we've had them for 1-2 years.

I feel sorry for people that don't have the means to spend $50-$100 on fluff.

This is GREED. I'm usually on Zenimax's side. But this absurd and extremely disappointing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Zenimax isn't forcing anyone to do anything...dont want to pay to the item tthen reroll a new character..
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race change is the same price as Orsinium, and name change is the same price as Imperial City. I wounder what the decision making process for pricing new content is?
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are pretty reasonable prices all things considered.

Some are reasonable, like appearance change. But others, like name change and race change are equivalent to the price of an entire DLC. Doesn't that seem like 'relatively' too much?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually makes me worry that people think these prices are ok...

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    I don't mind mildly high prices as long as the purchases are permanent and I can redo makeover like Barbie anytime I wanna change something without re-visiting the crown store.

The one time use things and it disappears should cost 1 crown. That is all I would pay for impermanence and being dealt the inconvenience of:

• Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Go back to crown store
    • Buy something
    • Use it
    • Repeat for the rest of time

At 1 crown per item it is still tedious and un-fun, makes me feel like a peasant they pretend they like.... but not really.
    200 crowns or more with that re-visit poo and I am un-installing and never looking back.

What about 10 crowns.

I think 1 is a bit too low. Hell even 100 crowns for any of the changes.

See ppl keep saying well this and that are O K but let's step back.

Game is $59
    DLC is $19-$25
    Mounts are $19-$39
    Motif are $19-$39
    Assistants are $39
    Costumes are $5-$25
    ESO plus is $15/month

So considering the company is bringing in an average of $70-$150 per customer in context these are waaaay too expensive.

You almost want there to be a price relative to crowns purchased or something
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Granzadabur
    Granzadabur
    ✭✭
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/S5-t8WSQafM

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy atleast 1500 crowns (13 €)
    Race Change: 3000 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Name Change: 2500 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
    Hair styles: 200+

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
    Am I only one who feels that this is, like, kind of overpriced? Even as an ESO Plus member, I feel like this would be a huge waste of crowns and money. I mean, okay, I might be able to understand why you don't want people to change their races all the time, but why would you do that for names and appearance? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to perfect his current characters with the help of the style parlour, but I don't think I'll be making any now.

With these prices, I'm kind of done with barber shop and it's not even come out yet. They teased it on ESO Live for months, now it only feels like a mindless cash-grab instead of a welcome feature.

I agree the pricing is unfair. I had hoped for the race change to be the same price as a character slot... :disappointed:
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf I agree with you. Really, the only thing that we can form an argument as consumers on is 'relative' costs. That said, I also agree with a previous poster, who mentioned that ZOS has never really taken our opinion into consideration on anything involving pricing. It feels futile the bring it up in a way.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    @NewBlacksmurf I agree with you. Really, the only thing that we can form an argument as consumers on is 'relative' costs. That said, I also agree with a previous poster, who mentioned that ZOS has never really taken our opinion into consideration on anything involving pricing. It feels futile the bring it up in a way.

Yep the power of not buying and not spending crowns as well as not subbing speak rather than any forum remark.

I've made my decission a while back....inserting no sway, others will need to make the same decisions for themselves that may align or may differ from my own.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO 2k for race change I would have bought it for my DK since the change to Argonian make it pointless to have that combination. And also to be honnest, I would have been glad to do it because the change to Argonian is really interesting for many class combination, but not as much for Tanking nowaday.

But for 3k... I mean it's like a 2 month subscription or almost, and still what is almost worst... the name change have been made SOOO PRICY that it only encourage you to get the bundle for it, when in fact as far as the player is concern name change is the one who has the smallest impact for him.

So I guess, I'll keep my Crown to buy missing DLC when I'll unsubscribe.
  • Granzadabur
    Granzadabur
    ✭✭
    Question: If you buy race change, does it also come with an appearance change? Think about it. I take my nord (first char, big mistake) and turn her into a redguard or bosmer. How will the game generate her appearance? Hair colors differ from race to race and so do the effects of changing the choice of the facial structure.

Yes I think that you can change your appearance with race change tokens from what I've seen in their eso live episode.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I get worried when people think race and name changes shouldn't be expensive to change.

You can always do it for free if you don't agree with the pricing

Just delete your character. And start over. Tell me the progress lost isn't worth a metric *** ton more than they are charging?

These things shouldn't come easy. They shouldn't be spur of the moment changes, which they would be if cheap.

I am glad, I see a bunch of people talking about how they were going to get a race or name change but now they wont. I mean seriously who in their right mind thought these would cost any less than what they are charging?

If they were at prices everyone was happy with paying(and the result of such was an overabundance of people changing them)... Then I would be pissed off they even added it into the game at all.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna keep #...re-rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling...#
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the 0rice of housing LOL

Second Mortgage?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

I get worried when people think race and name changes shouldn't be expensive to change.

You can always do it for free if you don't agree with the pricing

Just delete your character. And start over. Tell me the progress lost isn't worth a metric *** ton more than they are charging?

These things shouldn't come easy. They shouldn't be spur of the moment changes, which they would be if cheap.

I am glad, I see a bunch of people talking about how they were going to get a race or name change but now they wont. I mean seriously who in their right mind thought these would cost any less than what they are charging?

If they were at prices everyone was happy with paying(and the result of such was an overabundance of people changing them)... Then I would be pissed off they even added it into the game at all.

You don't think $20 for a string re-assignment is steep? Especially how it's 2.5x more expensive than an extensive retooling of your character? Honestly curious, here.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I am confused. Which purchase is buy one time packs of 90 variations and you can switch between them anytime? What is the price on that kind of pack?
    No word on how much they want for the base game hair pack, but they gave the price for everything else.

My guess is like 4000 Crowns, since it has 90+ hair styles in it (an 18000 Crown value! ...ahem)

Whoops, that was just an oversight! The hair style pack containing all hair styles from the base game will be 1000 crowns.

My brain is confused.

Me too Cazzy. Does that mean that you can get the base hairstyles for 1000 and all the luxury ones for 3500? Or only the base hairstyles.

For 1000 Crowns, you can buy the Cosmetic Pack: Hair Styles, which includes 92 hairs from the base game. This unlocks the "Hair Styles" section under "Appearance" in Collections, if it is not already unlocked. From there, you apply a hair styles like a wig. It goes over your existing hair, which can be restored just by putting it away. You can do this at any time, with any character on the account, and you will wear this until you put it away. It works with costumes and skins, but not polymorphs or hats.

It does not change your character's hair color, and it does not permanently change the hair.

This is the preferred option for people who just want to change hair style, but not color.

Edit: race specific hairs cannot be worn by other races.

Edited by Elsonso on July 26, 2016 8:09PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Why?
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to change my skin tone and beard once, I don't plan on doing it all the time. but still it's more pricey than I hoped it to be. in gw2 it's much less expensive, for 800 gems (10$ I think) I can get 2 appearance changes and have 100 left :S
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    It cost me £10 to change my limited company name at Companies House a few months back. It would cost me £15 to change the name of a character in a computer game. Hmm :|
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean seriously who in their right mind thought these would cost any less than what they are charging?

U want to know who in their right mind thought the cost would be less? The people who support and play this game every freaking day... that is who.

I can care less if you change your name or your race.. it will not affect me. Either you kill me in PvP or you don't. If you don't someone else will.

For me it is not a huge deal.. I get crowns anyway, but the prices are a freaking joke. I don't like feeling like they are ripping me off.. and that is exactly what they are doing. Lower the price.. and I will continue spending money on stuff I don't really need.

Geez.. who in their right mind would say.. "Take my money.. take my money.. Oh Yes.. I will definitely will be buying that 40 dollar mount.. I think it is a deal".

• CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't plan on using any of these features but seeing how ridiculously overpriced they are has made me feel pity for the players who did. It's also forced me to see the light and given me an idea of where ESO is headed. This might be the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I suspect this is the beginning of the end for ESO. The direction the game is taking now is eerily similar to many of the other promising games i played that died too soon. Basically it goes like this:
    1. Game is okay, but the potential and promises from the devs/publishers keeps us playing. These promises distract us from the current flaws. "They will add X and X, it will get better." "This bug will get fixed, it will get better."
    2. A couple patches go by, still no fixes and changes people looked forward to are implemented poorly.
    3. Community starts to get ignored by whoever is in charge.
    4. You start seeing what seems like the same forum posts pleading for change everyday, only they're posted by different players. Still no acknowledgement from the bigwigs upstairs.
    5. Instead of patches that fix issues you see patches that add cosmetic items and DLCs. These are designed to distract and keep you playing.
    6. People start quitting the game, which is totally understandable. The game has been out for a few years at this point and there are still major issues that need fixing.
    7. Ingame items bought with real money start increasing in price, still no real fixes from the devs.
    8. Zones start getting more and more quiet. It gets hard to find people to group with.
    9. You realize the game is dying and so do the publishers. Eventually the publishers don't even hide the cash grab techniques anymore.
    10. The game dies and the publishers/developers move on while the last of the community is left feeling robbed and more bitter than before.

This is my prediction. I'd say we're on step 7 now. Get out while you're ahead is my advice, because it's all downhill from here.

Edit: I love the elders rolls games, I started playing when morrowind was released. This is far more than just an MMO for me. This is another piece of (in my opinion) one of the greatest stories ever written. It isn't easy for me to criticize.
    Edited by CheepsNSalsa on July 26, 2016 8:20PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just look at those as bad trolls . People without their own money that want to be perceived as people with money . I have a few very wealthy friends and they don't like to spend a lot of money , they live frugally to maintain their wealth . Having money and being wealthy are in fact two different things .
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hahaha!
    No, thanks.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    People need to realize it takes around 8 hrs to grind up your perfect character with Vet levels gone. Sure Undaunted might take a couple weeks, but you can choose to be a little patient for your min/maxing; and it adds a some variety/a break from Cyrodiil lag.

Either that or you pay those insane prices.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes me feel like a peasant they pretend they like.... but not really.

pretty much this!
    & no one is going to pay 1000 crowns for minor adjustments.
    my bosmer is just a little too tall, I was hoping to fix it... not so much, huh?
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm buying the whole bundle of 90+ hairstyles.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People need to realize it takes around 8 hrs to grind up your perfect character with Vet levels gone. Sure Undaunted might take a couple weeks, but you can choose to be a little patient for your min/maxing; and it adds a some variety/a break from Cyrodiil lag.

Either that or you pay those insane prices.

I understand that but here is the situation I am in. When I was new I had no clue what I was doing. I wasn't paying attention and i didn't look at passives or anything really.. I just created characters and then played the game.

Then as time went by I turned these characters into master crafters. I thought it would be smart to split crafting up into 4 characters so I have more skill points to use on them.

Yes I was stupid in the beginning, and now I am learning how to play. Well back then I didn't have the Any Race package and I wanted to change my race on all 4 characters. I want to buy new outfits, and I want to change their hair styles.

I'm sure there are others in the same situations.

Edited by vamp_emily on July 26, 2016 8:53PM