Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Barber Shop prices revealed

• Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was only a matter of time until zos' greed damaged the community relationship. I think with the last few mounts and costumes, and now this, we may be there.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    How do you all feel about the "unlimited hairstyles" bundle for 3500? You can change your hair to any style, any number of times.

None of this would be an issue if I had one character. But some of us have MANY. If I wanted to Overhaul my account of 10 toons, we are talking 35,000 crowns or $254.48 cents. Let that sink in for a second. I likely wouldnt change my whole account, but yikes. $25 a toon is a lot.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 26, 2016 5:30PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too much . I'll just make a new character . Not throwing $10 for a minor change .

As fast as you can level now with training trait, it makes more sense unless you have ground out your ranks in stuff.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name token is really overpriced and i will never ever use it , really who thought the prices.... is insane.
    Signature

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Character appearance should be cheaper to 500 crowns and race change to be 1500 crowns..

Name change, who cares?

wow..crown store is on fire..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 26, 2016 5:33PM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you all feel about the "unlimited hairstyles" bundle for 3500? You can change your hair to any style, any number of times.

None of this would be an issue if I had one character. But some of us have MANY. If I wanted to Overhaul my account of 10 toons, we are talking 35,000 crowns or $254.48 cents. Let that sink in for a second. I likely wouldnt change my whole account, but yikes. $25 a toon is a lot.

That's a really good point. Ohh my. I thought it would be like the "all race/all alliance" purchase. I thought it meant that you could use any style on any character.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if they start "balancing" races every patch now for a cash grab, I will lose my *** mind.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on July 26, 2016 5:51PM
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, no way I'm gonna pay that kind of money. Good example of ZOS wasting effort on a feature that will be hardly used...
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not upset about the price but they should have added a "barber" NPC to the game to change our make up, hair style and color, things you could actually change by going to a "barber shop" (not sex, voice, etc) and make it cost in game gold, it could have added a bit more life and immersion to ESO.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race change should be very expensive, IMO.

But appearance change? They should have done something like SWTOR did, where tiny changes cost less than big changes. If all I want to do is make a character who looks like she's frowning all the time look a little less frowny, that seems like something I should be able to do for less than a thousand crowns.

One more point, however, and this is a big one deserving of the all-caps-and-bold-font-thing, THOSE OF US WHO COULD NOT ZOOM IN ON OUR CHARACTERS IN CHARACTER CREATION AT LAUNCH SHOULD GET FREE TOKENS FOR THOSE CHARACTERS. There has to be a way for them to tell which characters go all the way back to the first week, right?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much . I'll just make a new character . Not throwing $10 for a minor change .

As fast as you can level now with training trait, it makes more sense unless you have ground out your ranks in stuff.

Old orsinium and the sewers will get a stealth nerf for the update 11 release imho
    Signature

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn won't ever use that with those prices would rather delete and remake characters.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F!!!!! That!

Sorry but I'm out

Yeap. Me too. Unsubscribing tonight. Done with this crap. Zos disappoints over and over again. 2500 crowns to change a name? Seriously.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Omg.. they think we are made out of crowns.

Geez! ZOS.. you have a great community, quit ripping them off.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question about the various premium hairstyles for @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno :smile:

When we buy the premium hairstyles will they be available during character creation of a new character or is that something we will have to use the collections system in game to change after creation?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But appearance change? They should have done something like SWTOR did, where tiny changes cost less than big changes. If all I want to do is make a character who looks like she's frowning all the time look a little less frowny, that seems like something I should be able to do for less than a thousand crowns.

One more point, however, and this is a big one deserving of the all-caps-and-bold-font-thing, THOSE OF US WHO COULD NOT ZOOM IN ON OUR CHARACTERS IN CHARACTER CREATION AT LAUNCH SHOULD GET FREE TOKENS FOR THOSE CHARACTERS. There has to be a way for them to tell which characters go all the way back to the first week, right?

Nothing should be very expensive.. they brainwashed you.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Omg.. they think we are made out of crowns.

Geez! ZOS.. you have a great community, quit ripping them off.

I'm made out of Bottlecaps not Crowns :(
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »

Old orsinium and the sewers will get a stealth nerf for the update 11 release imho

It's not just XP, it's also riding skill training, trait research, knowledge of motifs etc.

Some may have craft alts, but those who don't can't just reroll without losing literally months of progress. They either have to pull out their wallet or accept that they won't like how their character looks. A character in a game they bought, for which they bought DLC and possibly even pay a subscription fee.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cheaper just to get a new character slot.

I worked some overtime last pay period, and was planning on treating myself with some Crowns to splurge with... But I have rethought that idea.

I am going to buy my husband a PS4 instead, so we can play No Man's Sky together. (Or at least at the same time, anyway.) He already surprised me with my own pre-order code. And I think we will have a lot more fun with it, at this rate.

It stinks, though. I love Elder Scrolls, and a lot of people working on the game clearly love it, too... But everything is broken, from the base game to the DLC to the Crown store offerings.
    I really wanted this game to succeed, too. :'(
    Edited by SolarCat02 on July 26, 2016 5:43PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this i will 99.99% be getting, because i can live with badly spelled names (im dyslexic) i can live with weird noses... and now i wont have to live with boring hair!
  • fosokles
    fosokles
    ✭✭✭
    There really should be a crown sale accompanying the release of next update.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

Nothing should be very expensive.. they brainwashed you.

Oh yes it should, because race change is pandering to the min/maxers who are a pox on communities. Easy race change radically increases the chances that you won't be allowed into groups because you chose your race based on what you wanted to play rather than on what the meta insists are best. At least if it's expensive you're a little less likely to be expected to do it by people who think min/maxing is the only way to play.

Race change should be something you do because you're really serious about it, not willy-nilly--at least in a good game.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a really good point. Ohh my. I thought it would be like the "all race/all alliance" purchase. I thought it meant that you could use any style on any character.

No, it doesn't. The purchased hair styles go into a subset of the Collections menu, which is shared by all characters. Changing hairstyles that you have purchased is the same as equipping a costume. It doesn't require you to buy it multiple times, and it doesn't require an appearance change token to apply.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭

Ok, the way I'm reading it, it goes into your "collection" which should be available to all toons. Am I reading that incorrectly?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of players in the Military are on a fixed income barely scratching a living while serving . The ones with families have it even tougher sometimes . Especially the first 2 years . These changes are not necessary to play the game but some of Us would like more reasonable prices for everyone and not just those with deep pockets to burn .
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    574aa510639422f9e66a9832de8c6bfcad2b57a23afa95c8488baa81ee6ed301.jpg
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, there is a lot of misinformed doomsaying in this thread. Please read the official post before freaking out about everything. Here it is again:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Higher than I was hoping for, but less than I expected. I may race change one of my toons at some point, but the pricing is not low enough that I'd do it on all my toons to "fix" them of any bad race changes in the past. The appearance change price seems rather reasonable.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont know why all u guys complain. Zenimax want to make money, Im fine with that (and I'm a *** poor student).

All of you have the choice to create exactly the character u want, just start a new one and grind it in 5 hours (no joke!). It is not Zenimax fault if you made the wrong decision or not happy anymore with the visual look of your character. So if there is some1 who wants to change that, I'm fine with that price.

Dont mean to be offensive, but if u really want another race or anything of your character, hell you had now 2 years to just start it. And plz dont argue with "but skyshards, lorebooks" etc. This is for people who are to lazy to start the new one or want a stronger race for their playstyle, so I'm fine if you have to pay for this.

Edit: MUHAHA IM ALTMER SORC xD
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Appearance change, race change, name change; None of these will I ever use (I'm channeling my Yoda there)

But the hairstyles: You bet your bum I'm buying every single one.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450