Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.4

• Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    [*]Bow
    • Bombard (Arrow Spray morph): This morph no longer applies its immobilize effect to targets that are already snared.

:'( So beautiful...
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @Wrobel please make Minor Slayer and Aegis to affect pvp. With revamp of old sets they all, including trial sets, will become very strong for pvp, unlike sets from MoL.

... minor slayer gear is not everyone has and even on trials it should be limited to bosses only.

Well that's patently absurd. It's too weak to only influence damage on bosses, and the choice to make it work on all mobs is an indirect answer to concerns posted by @Gilliamtherogue who (while I don't entirely agree) made some excellent points on the level of increased difficulty of the mobs as well as bosses. This makes the gear useful in providing fun and long content without the grind the mobs in Vet Maw, Vet Sanctum, and soon to be Hel Ra and Archive have become.

I understand that, but now looks like it's way too strong. Everyone will need to wear minor slayer now.

Solid patch tho
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing on Malubeth? So another 3-4 months of malubth meta? good thing albion online beta coming out soon i wouldnt be able to stand another meta of that bs
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    @Wrobel please make Minor Slayer and Aegis to affect pvp. With revamp of old sets they all, including trial sets, will become very strong for pvp, unlike sets from MoL.

... minor slayer gear is not everyone has and even on trials it should be limited to bosses only.

Well that's patently absurd. It's too weak to only influence damage on bosses, and the choice to make it work on all mobs is an indirect answer to concerns posted by @Gilliamtherogue who (while I don't entirely agree) made some excellent points on the level of increased difficulty of the mobs as well as bosses. This makes the gear useful in providing fun and long content without the grind the mobs in Vet Maw, Vet Sanctum, and soon to be Hel Ra and Archive have become.

I understand that, but now looks like it's way too strong. Everyone will need to wear minor slayer now.

Solid patch tho

That's actually quite incorrect. Comparing 3 agi or 3 willpower to 3 Moondancer/Alkosh with the changes puts them ahead by less than 1k DPS, which to most people isn't anything. Comparatively on live, aside from pure single target fights, 2 Mephalas+3 Agility is outperforming 5 Vicious or 5 Alkosh, which makes absolutely no sense from a balance standpoint.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Style Parlor
    Added a depth of field effect to the background for the Race Change and Appearance Change screens.
    hm, what does it mean.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 25, 2016 9:43PM
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good changes all around really wish we saw an adjustment to Malubeth Set though.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5% buff is no small bonus..
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5% buff is no small bonus..

The thing is it's not a full 5% gain, because of operational losses. You must sacrifice another 3 piece bonus elsewhere on your gear in order to get Minor Slayer, which most efficiently would be to remove Agility or Willpower, which are both insanely powerful due to their 50% bonus stats. 5% is too small in my opinion, I think 7% would have been a much stronger option to make these sets feel truly powerful in PvE content, as they should.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I really wish devs would comment on how everyone hates the bound armaments new visual. Please fix before sending to live.

Better yet, just make the bonuses apply when on bar (ala magelight/Evil Hunter.) I hate accidentally disabling Bound Armor if bar switch doesn't fire. It's not a skill that needs a visual. No one's going to fight you differently in PvP just because you have a couple more thousand stam, ~4% more mitigation and a slightly boosted heavy attack.

Exactly. Instead, I will fight you differently because I know you used up two skill slots for it.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • The Minor Slayer and Minor Aegis buff categories now apply their bonuses to all monsters in Trials and Dungeons, instead of only on Boss monsters.

ayy
    Dungeons & Group Content
    Trials
    • Sanctum Ophidia
      • Ozara will no longer cast Trapping Bolt on more than four player characters.

So this is no longer a DPS race provided you have >4 people up at any given time? Good. She's unnecessarily hard because of all the stuff going on in addition to having to deal with pins.

@rhapsodious

The maximum number of pins are eight. I have had a group where the fight lasted 15 minutes and it never got to a point where more than eight people were pinned. So while it may look like a dps race, it is in fact not.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • The Minor Slayer and Minor Aegis buff categories now apply their bonuses to all monsters in Trials and Dungeons, instead of only on Boss monsters.

ayy
    Dungeons & Group Content
    Trials
    • Sanctum Ophidia

So this is no longer a DPS race provided you have >4 people up at any given time? Good. She's unnecessarily hard because of all the stuff going on in addition to having to deal with pins.

@rhapsodious

The maximum number of pins are eight. I have had a group where the fight lasted 15 minutes and it never got to a point where more than eight people were pinned. So while it may look like a dps race, it is in fact not.

Oh, hm! Good to know! I've always heard "DPS race DPS race DPS race otherwise everyone gets pinned".

Doesn't help when you get people who aren't handling pins, though. ~_~ But good to know nonetheless.
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

That's actually quite incorrect. Comparing 3 agi or 3 willpower to 3 Moondancer/Alkosh with the changes puts them ahead by less than 1k DPS, which to most people isn't anything. Comparatively on live, aside from pure single target fights, 2 Mephalas+3 Agility is outperforming 5 Vicious or 5 Alkosh, which makes absolutely no sense from a balance standpoint.

Can you please advise how 2 mepha + 3 agil is better than 5 VO? (Assuming TBS + VMA DW/Bow)

From mathematical point of view, 5 VO is 2x crit and 1x 124 wep dmg, which is comparable if not better than 1400 stam and 186 wep dmg from 3 agil.

I believe minor slayer is straight 5% increase to total dps (correct me if im wrong, I am not too sure on this one but I assume we just times whatever we have by 1.05 in the end), mephala is 5% of total dps within a fight, however you do lose out on probably 1/3 to 1/2 of a rapid strikes by heavy weaving every 10 secs, which means by NOT having mephala set, its not actually a straight 5% dps loss, as the time spent on procing mephala can be used elsewhere and they do make up some of the dmg losses from mephala.

So IMO, same rotation with heavy atks every 10s for perfect proc, 5 VO probably = 2 meph + 3 agil, however by changing rotation without need to heavy attack, 5 VO comes out on top.

(Resources/speed from VO vs. Extra health from Mepha is not considered as they don't affect dps, but in general dungeon play (trash mobs) I feel VO is better, especially with new 5% dps boost on everything)
  • Tiitus
    Tiitus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I really wish devs would comment on how everyone hates the bound armaments new visual. Please fix before sending to live.

pic?
  • Tdroid
    Tdroid
    ✭✭✭
    So much for balanced racials. You'd think they go through with that idea when they, you know, say they will address it this update. But no, just some token changes that changes nothing about which races are the superior choices.

As they say: "The more things change, the more they stay the same."
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    no melubeth fix? please dont tell me they "think" its fine just like jesus beam?...........
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed. No buffs to Breton.
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭

No this shouldn't happen.

Also @ZOS_GinaBruno , I know many others complain but I am grateful for the active effort you guys have made toward racial passive balances and testing them on PTS I've discovered they are well done. This is based on testing in PTS I've done with item sets, skill rotation and cp allocation. I can now see why you chose the passive changes as you did. So thank you, I like them.
    Edited by Kronuxx on July 26, 2016 4:25AM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still no Orc buffs... Least played race and no love for it.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice, a bombard fix. Honestly that's great, you listened.

Now nerf Malubeth and Radiant Destruction for crying out loud! xD
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

6% max stamina and health
    Melee damage boost
    Extra speed
    Extra healing received AND 20% health regen.

It's one of the best choices for PvP and tanking, Orc doesn't need a buff.
    PC EU
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Solid patch tho

Mephala is nice and whereas it theoretically is good dps, in practice it fails due to moving bosses and reapplying every 10s which will be forgotten sometimes.

Next patch:

3x Agility
    5x Vicious Serpent
    1x Kena
    1x Velidreth
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    5x Vicious
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    3x Vicious
    1x Velidreth
    1x Kena
    2x Maelstrom Weap

In the end the gearsetup is 3rd on list, people usually have crappy rotations and bad groupbuffs which are much more important.

Edited by Alcast on July 26, 2016 6:38AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Solid patch tho

Mephala is nice and whereas it theoretically is good dps, in practice it fails due to moving bosses and reapplying every 10s which will be forgotten sometimes.

Next patch:

3x Agility
    5x Vicious Serpent
    1x Kena
    1x Velidreth
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    5x Vicious
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    3x Vicious
    1x Velidreth
    1x Kena
    2x Maelstrom Weap

In the end the gearsetup is 3rd on list, people usually have crappy rotations and bad groupbuffs which are much more important.

5 vicious and 5 Tbs with 2x maelstrom is already bis for stam builds in dungeons and trials anyway. You wouldn't use the 2nd load out anyway, the 5th perk is the same as 1pc Kena etc and the extra stam boost and speed proc is worth more than 129 damage from wearing another imo.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solid patch tho

Next patch:

3x Agility
    5x Vicious Serpent
    1x Kena
    1x Velidreth
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    5x Vicious
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    3x Vicious
    1x Velidreth
    1x Kena
    2x Maelstrom Weap

5 vicious and 5 Tbs with 2x maelstrom is already bis for stam builds in dungeons and trials anyway. You wouldn't use the 2nd load out anyway, the 5th perk is the same as 1pc Kena etc and the extra stam boost and speed proc is worth more than 129 damage from wearing another imo.
    TBS in a dungeon? No... so many people are so misinformed about this set, stop using it outside of your end game raids.
    #MOREORBS
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solid patch tho

Next patch:

3x Agility
    5x Vicious Serpent
    1x Kena
    1x Velidreth
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    5x Vicious
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    3x Vicious
    1x Velidreth
    1x Kena
    2x Maelstrom Weap

We have a stam dk on NA with 300 ping pulling 55k on mantikora and pushing out extreme high dps than what ive seen with the set. its all about timing and knowing the rotation. Doing otherwise is lazy.
    #MOREORBS
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    Could you please take the time to review the Breton racials as well ? There have been many threads opened on this issue with a lot of suggestions to make this race be on par with the elves , so it would be greatly appreciated if you could make any upgrades to it so it becomes as competitive as dark and high elves.
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭

Dungeons & Group Content
    Trials
    • Sanctum Ophidia

In all hounesty, the issue is the unbolting rather then the 6 people getting chained.
    The synergy has to be applied 2 times for almost all those applied.
    If that was fixed then it would make the content work as intended and less frustrating.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiitus wrote: »

pic?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/275417/bound-armor-feedback/p1
    Screenshot_20160628_032001.png
    Edited by Leogon on July 26, 2016 2:39PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Solid patch tho

Next patch:

3x Agility
    5x Vicious Serpent
    1x Kena
    1x Velidreth
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    5x Vicious
    2x Maelstrom Weap

or

5x TBS
    3x Vicious
    1x Velidreth
    1x Kena
    2x Maelstrom Weap

TBS in a dungeon? No... so many people are so misinformed about this set, stop using it outside of your end game raids.

Yeah dude. 68% crit with shadow. It's working far better for me. Esp in vICP with healer and a tavas tank running Warhorn.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

6% max stamina and health
    Melee damage boost
    Extra speed
    Extra healing received AND 20% health regen.

It's one of the best choices for PvP and tanking, Orc doesn't need a buff.

>Okay stats that are lower than man other races
    >Situational ability that offers lower DPS gains than other DPS boosting racials
    >Effect that may get you banned for speed hacking
    >Irrelevant healing that goes unnoticed

You would think that players would be rushing to use "one of the best choices," but they aren't. Players are rushing to use the actual best choices and Orc is the least played choice because it offers some of the worst racial passives.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 26, 2016 4:28PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It should never affect on pvp, minor slayer gear is not everyone have and even on trials it should be limited to bosses only.

Actually the change you guys made for this buff is really good, it is absolutely required that it affect any NPC since most player don't like the idea of changing gear while Inside a dongeon.

I would personnally upgrade it so that it affect any NPC in the game even the one in Cyrodill, since this isn't a buff which has major impact on the performance of your team in PVP and it also help the set to remain interesting if you want to hunt sewer and stuff alike.

I don't know what you think about it, but I feel that theese buff don't need to be limited in term of environnement, but they need to apply only to NPC since minor bersebeker is already existing and can apply to anyone. It would also probably help the coding of that ability and create less issue.

Also about the modification to the loot table you guys posted about, car you reconsider your point of view about pushing this further back to update 12 ? A great deal of player will shortly start the raiding season, and the new dongeon will be run a lot. By pushing this to update 12 only means more whining about loot table. I know you guys are trying to fix issue for console player, but is reverting the loot table to Something a little bit more interesting that much of a trouble ? can't it be done Inside a incremental patch ?

What's the ETA for update 12 ?