The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bound Armor Feedback

Ajaxduo
Ajaxduo
✭✭✭✭✭
So I just hopped on PTS and these visual changes grabbed my interest;
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Combat & Gameplay

Sorcerer
  • Daedric Summoning
    • Bound Armor: This ability and its morphs now display new, permanent visual effects when they are toggled on. The new visuals are significantly less obtrusive than before and no longer hide all the other gear your character is wearing.

Bound Aegis
Screenshot_20160628_033346.png

Bound Armaments
Screenshot_20160628_032001.png

Bound Aegis is awesome, the glowing eyes and misty aura suits it perfectly (although the glow clips into the eyes slightly). However, I think the Bound Armaments visual is both underwhelming and very distracting. Bound Armaments verbally implies that is has some effect on weapons and the skill itself improves heavy attack damage so why not add a visual to them? Have a purple aura surround the users weapons, also if you could replicate the glowing eyes from Bound Aegis, then it would be epic.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Edited by Ajaxduo on June 28, 2016 2:42AM
- - -
GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
- - -
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Make Bound Armaments DO something upon activation while yer at it, keep passives there if ability is slotted.

The visual swirly effect is a bit "busy." Needs to be slowed down a touch imho.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't we just get a silhouette that slowly fades in and out?
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Please improve the animation on Bound Armaments. The Bound Aegis looks stunning, such a shame if the other one just ends up being an eyesore and more distracting than useful! ;__;
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bound Aegis looks really great.
    You got some nice artists, Zenimax.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    So I just hopped on PTS and these visual changes grabbed my interest;
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Combat & Gameplay

Sorcerer
    • Daedric Summoning
      • Bound Armor: This ability and its morphs now display new, permanent visual effects when they are toggled on. The new visuals are significantly less obtrusive than before and no longer hide all the other gear your character is wearing.

Bound Aegis
    Screenshot_20160628_033346.png

Bound Armaments
    Screenshot_20160628_032001.png

Bound Aegis is awesome, the glowing eyes and misty aura suits it perfectly (although the glow clips into the eyes slightly). However, I think the Bound Armaments visual is both underwhelming and very distracting. Bound Armaments verbally implies that is has some effect on weapons and the skill itself improves heavy attack damage so why not add a visual to them? Have a purple aura surround the users weapons, also if you could replicate the glowing eyes from Bound Aegis, then it would be epic.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I agree to this entirely I want glowy eyes and bound weapon glows
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I don't like the new visuals for the skills and would prefer to retain the old one. Any chance we can retain the old look for those of who like it better?
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • XaXa
      XaXa
      ✭✭✭✭
      Still No active effect?

/yawn. Sorc will remain crafter.
      Edited by XaXa on June 28, 2016 6:13AM
    • ListerJMC
      ListerJMC
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd actually prefer to turn that visual off entirely, I prefer it as a brief animation that goes away like it is now. Please make it a toggle?
      PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
      "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    • silentknight1x1ub17_ESO
      So it no longer covers your armor at all? Is it covered by skins such as the mind shriven skin still?
    • Dracane
      Dracane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bound Aegis fits the style of a Sorcerer soooo good.
      It's just perfect. Now if the ability itself would just be half as good as it looks... :D
      Auri-El is my lord,
      Trinimac is my shield,
      Magnus is my mind.
    • Pappa
      Pappa
      ✭✭✭
      Please get rid the swirly thingy for the stam morph it's very distracting, just having a bit of mist and glowy eyes is surely enough, or better yet as someone has mentioned, move the effect to the equipped weapon, anything!

I would prefer the current no effect to the one you propose, it's like getting the mage light morph back urghhh!
      *Kiss the goat*
    • Flaminir
      Flaminir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      As much as I like the visuals for bound aegis ( I didn't expect to.... but that looks really nice)... it actually frustrates me that time has gone into this change rather than doing anything useful with any of the class skills
      GM of the Unholy Legacy
      EU/EP
      Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
      Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
      DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
      Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
      Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    • Dracane
      Dracane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Flaminir wrote: »
      As much as I like the visuals for bound aegis ( I didn't expect to.... but that looks really nice)... it actually frustrates me that time has gone into this change rather than doing anything useful with any of the class skills

Right. I was expecting some help for Sorcerers with this patch.
      When I saw the title "Bound Armor" "Volatile Familiar" etc I was beginning to feel happy.
      But as I read the text, I saw that these were only unnecessary technical things that don't help anyone.

The Bound armor change was made because ZoS wants people to see that you have it active, because you know ? Bound armor is such a mighty ability, your opponents MUST be alerted that you are currently in OP mode.
      The unvisible bound armor thing was only a band aid fix
      Auri-El is my lord,
      Trinimac is my shield,
      Magnus is my mind.
    • CasNation
      CasNation
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Agreed. Magicka morph looks great. Stam morph looks terrible.
      PC NA AD
      Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
      Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
      Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
      Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
      Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    • Ajaxduo
      Ajaxduo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      CasNation wrote: »
      Agreed. Magicka morph looks great. Stam morph looks terrible.

Let's hope we get a response! I think the request is reasonable :)
      - - -
      - - -
    • Wolfchild07
      Wolfchild07
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Make Bound Armaments a GREEN version of Bound Aegis.
    • CasNation
      CasNation
      ✭✭✭✭✭

This would not be a bad idea, but I doubt they would do it since it clashes with the sorcs color palette. I personally didn't have a problem with it not having a visual effect at all...I get why they added one, but still...
      PC NA AD
      Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
      Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
      Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
      Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
      Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
    • MrTarkanian48
      MrTarkanian48
      ✭✭✭✭
      Still waiting for this ability to be on non-toggle like Inner Light, with max stam/magic active while slotted.

I feel like the visuals get changed every patch, but the skill remains unusable since you need to double bar it.
      Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
      Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
      Altmer NB (DPS)
      Imperial DK (Tank)
      Redguard DK (DPS)
      Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
    • Ajaxduo
      Ajaxduo
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting idea, or make it blend well with hurricane.
      - - -
      - - -
    • Akimbro
      Akimbro
      ✭✭✭✭
      The bound armors, both morphs, should just have a glowing effect. Purple for aegis as is the color for conjuring, and that smokey/grey color for armaments that's similar to hurricane.
      ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
      LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
    • dsalter
      dsalter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

prefer a dark blue. all shocky n stuff ya know?
      PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
      Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• DPShiro
      DPShiro
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't care how it looks, as long as it's made useful with an active effect etc.
      Please....?
      ~ Gryphon Heart ~
      ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
      ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
      ~ Master Angler ~
      ~ Former Emperor ~
    • Emma_Overload
      Emma_Overload
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bound Aegis is fine, but Bound Armaments is too distracting.... reminds me of the old Mage Light, and not in a good way.

Edited by Emma_Overload on June 29, 2016 8:30PM
      #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    • Minalan
      Minalan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      You devs forgot that all of this skill's benefits are given to nightblades as a passive.

For us it's a toggle that takes up two or three skill slots for a nominal return.

• Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can you change bound armor to count as a "pet" for necropotence pretty please :blush:
      <Noricum>
      I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
      Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Grao
      Grao
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I will agree with the new effect looking nice, but Bound Armor and morphs are still the the only toggles in the game without an active component, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . Please do something about it, we are essentially shoehorned into slotting this skill 3 times for a benefit nightblades have as a damn passive, this abilities need an active component...
    • Minalan
      Minalan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Magicka flood - grants 8% Magicka bonus. Passive. Just slot a siphoning ability.
      Shadow barrier - grants 5K physical and spell resists and so much more. Just for using a shadow ability. Passive.

Come on ZOS, buff this skill already. I'm glad you made it pretty, but it's baaaaaad.
    • AtAfternoon
      AtAfternoon
      ✭✭✭
      I like the new effects for all 3 morphs a lot. Only criticism would be that it's always blowing to the left when you stand still and that the bound aegis looks a little odd on argonians, even more so if you have boundless storm activated. Keep an eye on the eyes.
    • opaj
      opaj
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like the new effects for all 3 morphs a lot. Only criticism would be that it's always blowing to the left when you stand still and that the bound aegis looks a little odd on argonians, even more so if you have boundless storm activated. Keep an eye on the eyes.

Ha! It's like you're wearing aetherial spectacles.

...wtb aetherial spectacles.
    • Joysheeped
      Joysheeped
      ✭✭✭
      Please make the visual effect togglable. There will ALWAYS be people who do not like (and like, of course) the design of Bound Armor and its morphs and I am one of them. And please do not say you cannot hide the visual effect because it cannot allow enemy players to determine what skills you are slotting because the visual effect of Inner Light is gone already.
      Khajiit Magicka NB :O