Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major Brutality/Sorcery Buffs (Originally about Stamblade Major Brutality)

Spearblade
Spearblade
✭✭✭
Relentless Focus. It's a great skill, and I love the weapon effect. It's very Nightbladey. But I would very much like it if ZOS could somehow add Major Brutality to the skill- perhaps by swapping one of the effects with Power Extraction.

As a Nightblade, we often initiate combat from Stealth/Cloak. It's kind of our thing. As is, if we want Major Brutality before we launch a sneak attack, we have to use Rally or use fancy potions. It's very limiting.

The only other "idea" I have is to add Major Brutality (maybe even Sorcery for Magblade love, I'm sure some would love to have options other than Entropy) to Siphoning Attacks. Similarly awesome NB visual effect. The duration is currently crap however... Siphoning resources and the cool Relentless Focus proc are both iconic staples of the Nightblade. Major Brutality could fit nicely on either one- but both buffs would need a decent duration...ideally on par with Rally/Surge/Molten Weapons. That is, 33 seconds or so?

Not trying to make all classes the same by any means, but nobody is going to play without buffs as important as Major Brutality/Sorcery- it simply tailors their skills to very specific choices. I.E., "THIS" is how you build a Nightblade. While Nightblade has access to it, it requires us to be in melee range and in combat. In the end, the trick is to add interesting mechanics to these buffs for each class so that each maintains its own identity.

It's food for thought. Simply adding Major Brutality to either buff probably isn't in the best interest of ESO for balance. Relentless Focus or Siphoning Strikes would have to be reevaluated- either the values, or move some buffs around.

And honestly, this thread applies to many different classes just as much I suppose. Entropy/potions being their only choice for Major Sorcery kinda blows.
Edited by Spearblade on July 25, 2016 3:50PM
  • FullBlownBeast
    FullBlownBeast
    ✭✭✭
    I don't *** believe this ***...
    Plain and Simple
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭

That's constructive. This isn't a mind blowing suggestion. Nightblades aren't running around without it; it's just requiring them to run very specific builds.

And I'm not saying simply add Major Brutality to these skills. Buff shifting. Minor Endurance on Relentless Focus (stam reco) could go to Power Extraction or something.
  • GreatWhite000
    GreatWhite000
    ✭✭✭
    though I wouldn't mind this being added, a lot of stam builds (not only NB) are running around with weapon damage/weapon crit potions instead of using rally. I wouldn't mind being able to get out of running 2h in PvP though.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey . The reason NBs don't have Major Brutality is because they have Relentless Focus . Minor Berserk is far more useful than Major Brutality . Think of it like this , you CAN get Major Brutality from potions or Rally but others CAN'T get Minor Berserk . Only drawback of NBs is having to drinking a potion or using Rally . I don't even call this a drawback because you can get what others can't . Imagine all the QQ if they gave Minor Berserk to DKs .

To sum up , you can get what everyone wants with a simple potion . Others can't .
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please change Power Extraction to grant Major Brutality without actually hitting some one.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spearblade wrote: »

That's constructive. This isn't a mind blowing suggestion. Nightblades aren't running around without it; it's just requiring them to run very specific builds.

And I'm not saying simply add Major Brutality to these skills. Buff shifting. Minor Endurance on Relentless Focus (stam reco) could go to Power Extraction or something.

Ehm remove minor endurence for major brutality? Lol

EU | PC
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay Let's give nb's everything they want in the easiest way to get. Why major brutality only You should want to get major berserk... And for real You have power extraction which gives it. The fact You cannot use it outside of fight sounds fair for me due to fact You have 9% more wep/spell dmg in hide and minor berserk also. Stamplars dont have ANY class major blutality and dont cry.
    Edited by juhasman on July 23, 2016 9:21AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using rally isn't even a drawback. We get a big heal plus major brutality for a long period of time
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    Yay Let's give nb's everything they want in the easiest way to get. Why major brutality only You should want to get major berserk... And for real You have power extraction which gives it. The fact You cannot use it outside of fight sounds fair for me due to fact You have 9% more wep/spell dmg in hide and minor berserk also. Stamplars dont have ANY class major blutality and dont cry.

Stamplars have a lot going for them. The only stam class with a class purge now that cloak no longer purges. Major Mending, 10% crit dmg, 6% wep dmg, etc. They are OP af.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Stamplars have a lot going for them. The only stam class with a class purge now that cloak no longer purges. Major Mending, 10% crit dmg, 6% wep dmg, etc. They are OP af.

It's true, that major mending passive is way too powerful. I think having power extraction grant major brutality without having to hit anything is a great idea. On a side note, it would be nice if Templars had a way to grant themselves major brutality outside of a weapon skill; just not sure where to put it.
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭

Except no nightblade is going to NOT use Major Brutality from stealth. They'll use Rally or a potion. This isn't a game changing thing here, just gives more build options.

As for Templars, I agree. Something as important as Major Brutality/Sorcery should have a reliable source in each Class.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the same builds as everyone else is forced to run? OP doesn't understand that nightblades get 'minor' brutality, which is rkn rare as hell in eso. I wouldnt fudge with it xD
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Just no.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loooooool

rip decibel
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB's have access to Minor Berserk for 24s which is better than Major Brutality. The only other way to get Minor Berserk is from Resto staff and it will only last 8s. NB's already have access to Major Brutality through their own class line, DW, 2H, and potions. Asking for Major Brutality on top of Minor Berserk as pre fight buffs for NB's is a bit over the top.

I'm fine with NB's getting Major Brutality as long as every other class gets Minor Berserk+Major Brutality in their class skills.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is something that has been requested many, many times.

To the people complaining: giving non 2H users a way to get Major Brutality doesn't "buff" Nightblades as 99% of them use Rally anyway (a good skill, even if you only used it for the heal).

In fact, if I was using 2H & I could get Major Brutality from Relentless Focus (or Power Extraction, without hitting target/becoming visible), I'd still use Rally and nothing would be different.

But as someone who is not sneaking around with a big 2H weapon & prefers DW/Bow, it is very punishing to play a Nightblade as you don't have access to this buff without breaking stealth - not without using expensive potions.
    Edited by DDuke on July 23, 2016 11:04PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

To the people complaining: giving non 2H users a way to get Major Brutality doesn't "buff" Nightblades as 99% of them use Rally anyway (a good skill, even if you only used it for the heal).

In fact, if I was using 2H & I could get Major Brutality from Relentless Focus (or Power Extraction, without hitting target/becoming visible), I'd still use Rally and nothing would be different.

But as someone who is not sneaking around with a big 2H weapon & prefers DW/Bow, it is very punishing to play a Nightblade as you don't have access to this buff without breaking stealth - not without using expensive potions.

DK's, Sorc's, Templar's don't get Minor Berserk at all, outside of having a personal healer apply it to them every 8s. Templar's do not get Major Brutality from class skill line, not just a melee restriction.

No it would not change NB's top end buffs, but it would offer more utility. NB's already have access to more buffs/de-buffs than any other class, giving them even more utility would be ridiculous.
    Templar's are evil..
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

DK's, Sorc's, Templar's don't get Minor Berserk at all, outside of having a personal healer apply it to them every 8s. Templar's do not get Major Brutality from class skill line, not just a melee restriction.

No it would not change NB's top end buffs, but it would offer more utility. NB's already have access to more buffs/de-buffs than any other class, giving them even more utility would be ridiculous.

I don't think you get the point.

Nightblades get Minor Berserk no matter which weapon type they use: DW, S&B, Bow, Staff.. doesn't matter.

If you want Major Brutality without breaking stealth, you're going to have to use 2H weapon (or more potions than you can afford).

Of course, if Blade Cloak didn't break stealth upon casting & gave the Major Brutality, none of this would be a problem for people who want to use DW, not 2H - though you'd still have Bow/Bow & Bow/Shield builds be unpractical...

Oh, also... even though this is a bit off-topic, NBs don't actually get the most buffs/debuffs. It's time for that silly myth to be debunked.

Stamina NB: Major Ward, Major Resolve, Minor Maim, Minor Endurance, Major Fracture, Minor Berserk (& Minor Protection if you pick the bad cloak morph) -7

Magicka NB: Major Ward, Major Resolve, Major Breach, Minor Maim, Minor Berserk, Minor Vitality, Major Expedition (& Minor Protection if you pick the bad cloak morph) -8

Stamina Templar: Major Ward, Major Resolve, Minor Fracture, Major Savagery, Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, Minor Intellect, Major Fortitude, Major Endurance, Major Mending, Minor Vitality, Minor Protection -12
    Edited by DDuke on July 24, 2016 2:12AM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you get the point.
    Actually I think it is you that does not get the point.

Nightblades get Minor Berserk no matter which weapon type they use: DW, S&B, Bow, Staff.. doesn't matter.
    No one else gets that buff regardless of which weapon type they use...

Templar's do not get Major Brutality from their class regardless of being in melee range.

If you want Major Brutality without breaking stealth, you're going to have to use 2H weapon (or more potions than you can afford).

Of course, if Blade Cloak didn't break stealth upon casting & gave the Major Brutality, none of this would be a problem for people who want to use DW, not 2H - though you'd still have Bow/Bow & Bow/Shield builds be unpractical...
    There are only two classes that don't have to make that same choice and they are DK and Sorc. Edit: Actually I completely forgot we are post Thieves Guild, Molten Weapons and all morphs bring you out of stealth so only Sorc's have that option.

Oh, also... even though this is a bit off-topic, NBs don't actually get the most buffs/debuffs. It's time for that silly myth to be debunked.

It's not a myth just an inconvenient truth: NvOxZk9.png Buff's are listed twice where they occur on multiple morphs for all classes.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on July 24, 2016 2:41AM
    Templar's are evil..
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    -snip-

Look, you are letting your NB hatred blind you from the real issue - you even state it yourself and still remain oblivious to what the issue is:
    There are only two classes that don't have to make that same choice and they are DK and Sorc. Edit: Actually I completely forgot we are post Thieves Guild, Molten Weapons and all morphs bring you out of stealth so only Sorc's have that option..

Let me type it again just to be clear: 3 out of 4 classes in the game are forced to slot a 2H weapon & Rally if they want to play a stealthy character.

So what needs to be done is either::
    1. Make Rally unstealth you upon activation & get you stuck in combat and unable to restealth again just like Flying Blade, Power Extraction, Igneous Weapons

or
    2. Give a stealth compatible access to Major Brutality to other offensive weapon types as well (DW & Bow). Whether that's through class skills, a Fighters Guild skill or by revamping weapon skills - doesn't matter.

I could also go in to detail as to why I think that table is grossly inaccurate & lying with statistics, but that'd be off topic.

Just consider what buffs/debuffs you'll actually have active & reliable access to - buffs that you'd rather not get from much better non-class skills.

Actually screw that - if you forget the "Minor/Major" labels infront of skills - you should realize there's a lot more buffs & debuffs in the game than you've been led to believe.

Your table lists "Major Protection" from the Veil ulti as a "Nightblade buff" - yet it doesn't list Empowering Sweep at all, despite it giving much higher mitigation to Templars on a much bigger uptime. It just doesn't have a "Minor" or "Major" label.

Your table lists "Major Vitality" from Soul Siphon (that's right, the bad morph) as a "Nightblade buff" -despite it lasting only 4 seconds & requiring 150 ultimate - yet the table misses things like Remembrance giving 20% dmg reduction & 25% mitigation worth of armor for the same duration (only thing missing from that buff is the "Major/Minor" label for the buff).

Not only that, it's also missing those precious Major/Minor labeled buffs you're so fond of.

Where's the Major Maim debuff for Templars? Targets affected by Nova get that.

If you want to compare buffs on a class by class basis, first get your facts straight - then proceed to realize it's completely useless to do so if you don't include all buffs/debuffs and if you don't consider the global availability of skills like Shuffle (you can just remove Major Evasion from that NB list) and Entropy (Major Sorcery, Major Empower for all classes regardless of weapon choice).

So can we leave this anti-NB propaganda that has been debunked oh so many times somewhere else and focus on the issue at hand? People being forced to use 2H for Major Brutality and not just NBs - stam DKs & Templars as well suffer from this.
    Edited by DDuke on July 24, 2016 10:47AM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think buffing StamBlades should be top priority.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

expensive? uhg. Spend a few minutes running around cold harbor and you'lk have a day's worth of potions.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

expensive? uhg. Spend a few minutes running around cold harbor and you'lk have a day's worth of potions.

You spend around 40/50 potions per hour when you rely on potions for Major Brutality.

But that's besides the point - having to use potions for the Major Brutality also means you can't use tri-pots or Major Vitality potions - which is a huge disadvantage as well.

To put it simply: it's not practical.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, you are letting your NB hatred blind you from the real issue - you even state it yourself and still remain oblivious to what the issue is:
    There are only two classes that don't have to make that same choice and they are DK and Sorc. Edit: Actually I completely forgot we are post Thieves Guild, Molten Weapons and all morphs bring you out of stealth so only Sorc's have that option..

Let me type it again just to be clear: 3 out of 4 classes in the game are forced to slot a 2H weapon & Rally if they want to play a stealthy character.

1. Make Rally unstealth you upon activation & get you stuck in combat and unable to restealth again just like Flying Blade, Power Extraction, Igneous Weapons

or
    2. Give a stealth compatible access to Major Brutality to other offensive weapon types as well (DW & Bow). Whether that's through class skills, a Fighters Guild skill or by revamping weapon skills - doesn't matter.

I could also go in to detail as to why I think that table is grossly inaccurate & lying with statistics, but that'd be off topic.

Just consider what buffs/debuffs you'll actually have active & reliable access to - buffs that you'd rather not get from much better non-class skills.

Actually screw that - if you forget the "Minor/Major" labels infront of skills - you should realize there's a lot more buffs & debuffs in the game than you've been led to believe.

Your table lists "Major Protection" from the Veil ulti as a "Nightblade buff" - yet it doesn't list Empowering Sweep at all, despite it giving much higher mitigation to Templars on a much bigger uptime. It just doesn't have a "Minor" or "Major" label.

Your table lists "Major Vitality" from Soul Siphon (that's right, the bad morph) as a "Nightblade buff" -despite it lasting only 4 seconds & requiring 150 ultimate - yet the table misses things like Remembrance giving 20% dmg reduction & 25% mitigation worth of armor for the same duration (only thing missing from that buff is the "Major/Minor" label for the buff).

Not only that, it's also missing those precious Major/Minor labeled buffs you're so fond of.

If you want to compare buffs on a class by class basis, first get your facts straight - then proceed to realize it's completely useless to do so if you don't include all buffs/debuffs and if you don't consider the global availability of skills like Shuffle (you can just remove Major Evasion from that NB list) and Entropy (Major Sorcery, Major Empower for all classes regardless of weapon choice).

So can we leave this anti-NB propaganda that has been debunked oh so many times somewhere else and focus on the issue at hand? People being forced to use 2H for Major Brutality and not just NBs - stam DKs & Templars as well suffer from this.

I don't have a NB hatred, I have two top level NB's one which I farm VMA with. You have an incredible NB bias.

This was a "nightblade request" post, NB's don't need it, if anyone needs it, it would be templars. If this post argued that all classes should have an option to buff from stealth outside of 2H then sure, but that's not what this thread is about.

Empowering sweep has a bigger uptime but is not much higher mitigation, it needs to hit 4 targets to have on par mitigation, with Viel of Blades which does not require you to hit a target. Remembrance does give 20% reduction for 4s but that is neither a major nor a minor buff. Even adding those in though Templar's don't match up to the versatility of NB's.

NB's by far have the most utility and versatility. That doesn't make them the best for overall performance it simply makes it incredibly easy to adapt to different setups.

The only class that can turn invisible, the only class with Major Evasion without having to take a medium armor skill. The only class with 3 different ways to access Major Expedition. The only class that gains Major Ward and Major Resolve while being completely offensive. The only class with Major Berserk, the only class with Minor Berserk. The only class with 3 different ways to access Minor Maim. The only class with Major Breach. The only class with more than 3 stamina morphs. The only class with a stamina execute. The only class with a stamina gap closer. The only class with a no target required AOE CC.

The fact that you are not willing to acknowledge that is laying clear your incredible bias towards NB's.
    Templar's are evil..
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

or

I don't have a NB hatred, I have two top level NB's one which I farm VMA with. You have an incredible NB bias.

This was a "nightblade request" post, NB's don't need it, if anyone needs it, it would be templars. If this post argued that all classes should have an option to buff from stealth outside of 2H then sure, but that's not what this thread is about.

Empowering sweep has a bigger uptime but is not much higher mitigation, it needs to hit 4 targets to have on par mitigation, with Viel of Blades which does not require you to hit a target. Remembrance does give 20% reduction for 4s but that is neither a major nor a minor buff. Even adding those in though Templar's don't match up to the versatility of NB's.

NB's by far have the most utility and versatility. That doesn't make them the best for overall performance it simply makes it incredibly easy to adapt to different setups.

The only class that can turn invisible, the only class with Major Evasion without having to take a medium armor skill. The only class with 3 different ways to access Major Expedition. The only class that gains Major Ward and Major Resolve while being completely offensive. The only class with Major Berserk, the only class with Minor Berserk. The only class with 3 different ways to access Minor Maim. The only class with Major Breach. The only class with more than 3 stamina morphs. The only class with a stamina execute. The only class with a stamina gap closer. The only class with a no target required AOE CC.

The fact that you are not willing to acknowledge that is laying clear your incredible bias towards NB's.

Acknowledge what, that NBs can get the same buffs from multiple skills as every other class/build? And what good does it do that you can get Major Expedition from 3 different class skills? You only need it from one.

It's ludicrous for you to accuse me of having a bias (I have barely logged on my Nightblade for the past half a year due to cloak bugs) - while simultaneously slurring out a barrage of half-truths.

"Major Ward and Major Resolve while being completely offensive" - I rather keep a 100% uptime of those with Restoring Focus, which also gives me Major Mending, Minor Protection and Minor Vitality so I can actually spam heals and roll dodge less and thus remain more on the offensive than the NB.

"The only class with a stamina execute" - I'm yet to meet one (relevant) person actually using it in PvP.

"no target required AoE CC" - Wow, how about stam DKs then? They have the only ranged undodgeable unblockable CC. Probably absolutely op and worth mentioning /s

On a serious note, I don't even use fear (because you already get Minor Maim on people with Shadow Image & you CC people with DBOS, Incap and/or Surprise Attack from Cloak)

NBs aren't "overpowered", they aren't weak either - but that doesn't mean ZOS shouldn't do anything to help the weaker NB builds (hint, the ones not running around with 2H & Rally).

Now, should stamina templars & DKs also get a viable Major Brutality buff that doesn't take them out of stealth? Absolutely - but if I was to prioritize things, I'd make sure the freaking stealth class of this MMO can buff themselves while in stealth atleast.

Oh, and I play mostly magicka sorcerer at the moment and I have two variants of all classes in both stamina/magicka builds at maximum level & undaunted 9 - so much for bias.
    Edited by DDuke on July 24, 2016 4:12PM
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no.

Your trade off for being otherwise godlike is a class skill that requires you to be in melee range to get the buff otherwise slot a 2H or DW and throw the dagger.

To the guy who posted I can't ******* believe this ****

I fell over laughing.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Nightblade, we often initiate combat from Stealth/Cloak. It's kind of our thing. As is, if we want Major Brutality before we launch a sneak attack, we have to use Rally or use fancy potions. It's very limiting.

Maybe change NB's Master Assassin passive, remove the 5%/10% damage bonus and change it to granting minor sorcery/brutality at rank one and both minor and major sorcery/brutality at rank two.

Who's going to QQ about a 5/10% stealth nerf to NB's?
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on July 24, 2016 6:03PM
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    I think buffing StamBlades should be top priority.

Giving them a stam based shield better then Hardened ward sounds fair :D
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DfM2GKI.png

This set has jewelry and weapons. I'm just stating something that could be used instead.
    PS4 NA DC