Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ALL MOTIFS UPDATED LIST

• Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭
    Now we need a recraft option where we can enter our crafted gear and make adjustments like motif.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen nickel purchasable on vendors, but I don't think it was always that way (I could be hallucinating of course).
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    I see you are posting descriptions on how to obtain motif pages.. Have you seen the drop rates for alliance styles when opening treasure map chests in mainland cyrodil? I have opened quite a few getting a motif page each time
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabernat wrote: »
    I see you are posting descriptions on how to obtain motif pages.. Have you seen the drop rates for alliance styles when opening treasure map chests in mainland cyrodil? I have opened quite a few getting a motif page each time

Nope :neutral: Never bothered using treasure maps much, despite my need for CP160 Briarheart (I have all armor and jewelry in CP150). Considering the effort you have to put in those drop rates should be pretty generous though!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have seen nickel purchasable on vendors, but I don't think it was always that way (I could be hallucinating of course).

Nickel has been purchasable since PC early access. :) Seems surprising considering how rare the motif is, although it wasn't so rare initially (initially, it was blue). But, then again, many had purchased the Imperial edition, so had Imperial characters who would need nickel, so it was readily available just like the others.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zabernat wrote: »

Ah...this explains why the motif pages are so cheap, compared to Trinimac/Malacath/Outlaw/etc. And, also why any Cyrodiil treasure maps I put up for sale sell so quickly!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** The Dromothra, Dark Brotherhood, Akatosh, and Minotaur motifs will become craftable in Update 11. I updated their respective sections regarding how you will be able to obtain them! Also updated the "New Argonian" motif (true name unknown right now) with new sets. Added new pictures to the Assassins League and Thieves Guild styles.

A new motif, "Hallowjack", has been added to the bottom of the list.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 29, 2016 9:28AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***Another Update! Thanks to @Paulington we can finally correlate certain motifs to their correct spots.

Minotaur and Hallowjack have gained motif numbers, and if someone can confirm the motif number for the Dark Brotherhood style (obtainable on PTS) by getting a chapter it would be greatly appreciated! Cleaned up a bunch of stuff and renamed "New Argonian" to "Xit-Xaht" for now.

Added and numbered Grim Harlequin as well as put in a picture.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 29, 2016 5:43PM
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    ^^^ Thank you @Zabernat

Added it as New Argonian Style to the bottom of the page until we know more.

Considering making a few new sections for Undaunted Monster Sets since there are some concept art pictures of monster helms that were never made obtainable (for each current Normal-only dungeon).

So you know, the Minotaur, Alkosh, and Dro Mathra motifs are supposedly coming with Argonian DLC. Not in the PTS as of yet though. Also, the dungeon drop sets may be an additional unique style as well from the look of them in the PTS.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zabernat Check out the two posts right above yours :)

Just added them very recently!
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    @Zabernat Check out the two posts right above yours :)

Just added them very recently!

You are a scholar my friend.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for cross-reference purposes, there's an imgur link that shows some new motif numbers in this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/275996/new-upcoming-motifs
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Doncellius question for you:

How are you able to determine that sets like Celestial will be coming as opposed to some others which are listed as might be coming?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kilandros

Good question. It's pretty simple though. Mostly just following simple patterns and looking to see what makes sense. I'll list out my reasons for each of the motifs that we can't already craft.

Will Become Craftable
    Yokudan
    • Style Mat found
    • Crown Store picture exists
    • Numbered Motif ---> Craftable
    Ra Gada
    • Style Mat found
    Morag Tong
    • Crown Store picture exists
    Skinchanger
    • Ebony will be craftable. Why not this?
    Ebony
    • Already have light/heavy armor
    Draugr
    • Devs may have said they were interested in more Skyrim land stuff. Draugr are also on Vvardenfell, a datamined DLC
    • Style Mat found
    Celestial
    • Dromothra was the other "trial motif". It is now craftable.
    • There is no reason not to believe that you might find this motif (eventually) from running Aetherian Archive, Hel Ra Citadel, and/or Sanctum Ophidia.
    • Numbered Motif ---> Craftable (It is very likely to be #40, but Dark Brotherhood may also be #40. I'm waiting until someone finds a Dark Brotherhood page to make sure since it is craftable so soon). <---- important
    Hallowjack
    • Crown Store pic found
    • Number Motif ---> Craftable
    Grim Harlequin
    • Crown Store pic found
    • Number Motif ---> Craftable
    Might be Craftable
    Reach Winter
    • Available in Maelstrom Arena aka DLC content ---> great sign
    • All DLC motifs so far prove a trend that they will eventually be craftable
    • No motif number yet
    Dark Seducer
    • You can find individual pieces of armor in this motif. Only two pieces (helm, chest) can be found this way though.
    • One costume. No sets. <--- Not good
    • Doesn't seem likely to arrive, but Golden Saint is slightly more promising and these two motifs CANNOT arrive separately <---- Good sign
    • Mephala's Realm DLC ---> Good sign
    • Only seen medium armor
    • No motif number yet
    Golden Saint
    • Has a full costume
    • Has two sets in this style and there is a Golden Saint Shield ---> Good sign
    • Only seen Heavy armor
    • Mephala's Realm DLC ---> Good sign
    • No motif number yet
    Ashlander
    • Three costumes. We know this style has a Light/Medium/Heavy <--- Great
    • 100% Vvardenfell themed <--- Great
    • Almost totally certain it'll be craftable when the Vvardenfell DLC releases
    • Not numbered yet
    Lich
    • Only one set, and in light armor
    • Very rare set, and not even a full set
    • Doesn't seem likely based on how it only drops as Unique pieces from Dark Anchors (but then again, so do the Draugr weapons/Heavy armor)
    • Tough to tell -_-
    • Not numbered yet
    Xit-Xaht (probably not true name)
    • Has light/heavy/medium/weapons
    • Part of DLC
    • Seems very likely to become craftable, it's just new right now.
    Kothringi
    • Has light/medium/heavy/weapons
    • Murkmire themed
    • The way we see the concept art, I can 100% assure you it'll be craftable.
    • murkmire is probably a far off DLC -_-
    • Not numbered yet
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    awesome!! thank you!!
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to getting the Akatosh style staff. It's lovely looking and currently only available in a stamina dps set or a very niche Imperial City set. :s

I also hope the new style in the Hist DLC looks good on Argonians. The fact that their concept art is modeled on a human fills me with trepidation.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This guide is a HUGE help for me. It's also probably the only up-to-date guide that exists right now for all of the current and upcoming motifs available in The Elder Scrolls Online. I'm going to be starting up my crafter soon, so I'll definitely be keeping this thread bookmarked for future reference. Really appreciate all the work and effort you put into compiling this list together.

Excellent resource, my friend! :D
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ****Updated a few motifs.

Kothringi styled armor drops from the Cradle of Shadows dungeon. The New Argonian styled armor I call Xit-Xaht right now drops from the Ruins of Mazzatun dungeon.

From datamining, motifs have been found to be currently listed up to #43....... Strangely, there are some issues:
    • We do not know what exactly motifs 36, 38, 40, or 41 are supposed to be for sure.
    • Both Dark Brotherhood and Ebony are listed as #36 right now
    • Both Celestial and Akatosh seem to be #40 as well

In Update #11, we will 100% know exactly where Akatosh and Dark Brotherhood belong to. If Celestial is proven not to be #40, or Ebony to not be #36, they will be moved into the "not numbered" category. Ebony and Celestial will absolutely become craftable though in the future!

@Korozenn Glad it helps! :)

EDIT: Currently adding all 27 monster sets.... gonna take time....
    Edited by Vaoh on July 4, 2016 11:26AM
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any screenshots from the PTS of an Argonian in the new "Xit-Xaht" style?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any screenshots from the PTS of an Argonian in the new "Xit-Xaht" style?

Not yet. Only way to get them would be to run Ruins of Mazzatun a ton to get a full set of armor in it.

Also players would need to run Cradle of Shadows a lot for full set in the Kothringi style.

ZOS didn't provide the sets to players for testing like they should have :/
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doncellius, the Thieves Guild motif has three native sets. Shadow Dancer (light), Darkstride (medium), and Night Mother's Embrace (heavy). These used to exist with different motifs, but got updated with the release of TG.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @starkerealm Good catch. :)
    Now I wonder if any returning sets coming with Update 11 will face a motif change too!

Btw, Shadow Dancer's Raiment and Darkstride used to be Bosmer-styled, while Night Mother's Embraces was Daedric. Thieves Guild for all three sets is cooler lol. The Nord Motif has a ton of sets listed!
    Edited by Vaoh on July 10, 2016 12:01AM
  • TheFalcon19
    TheFalcon19
    ✭✭✭
    Just filling in some missing info:

Ra Gada ancientyokudan style material: 10 Coarse Whetstone -> Fine Whetstone

Skinchanger skinchanger: new full style (light, medium, heavy armor and weapons) added with Update 11,
    I can't really decide if this style is the evolution of the current Hircine set's style artifactsaviorhidemd or not.
    Not obtainable(?).

Dro-m'Athra dromathra: weapons updated to match the armor designs.

Ebony ebony: new full style (light, medium, heavy armor and weapons) added with Update 11, evolution of the current ebony style artifactebonyheavy. Style material: 10 Night Pumice Pebble -> Night Pumice
    Heavy armor and weapons are obtainable by buying Ravager set from town merchant.

Draugr draugr: style material: 10 Filthy Shoud -> Pristine Shroud

Celestial craglorn: style material: 10 Sapphire Stardust -> Star Sapphire

Harlequin grimharlequin: style material: 10 Grintooth -> Grinstone

Hollowjack hallowjack: style material: 10 Amber Bead -> Amber Marble

Worm Cult wormcult: new full style (light, medium, heavy armor and weapons) added with Update 11, evolution of the current worm cult style artifactwormcultlight. This one however doesn't seem to have a motif or style material .
    Light armor and weapons are obtainable by buying Curse-eater set from town merchant.
    Edited by TheFalcon19 on July 12, 2016 11:48PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just filling in some missing info:

Ra Gada ancientyokudan style material: 10 Coarse Whetstone -> Fine Whetstone

Skinchanger skinchanger: new full style (light, medium, heavy armor and weapons) added with Update 11,
    I can't really decide if this style is the evolution of the current Hircine set's style artifactsaviorhidemd or not.
    Not obtainable(?).

Dro-m'Athra dromathra: weapons updated to match the armor designs.

Ebony ebony: new full style (light, medium, heavy armor and weapons) added with Update 11, evolution of the current ebony style artifactebonyheavy. Style material: 10 Night Pumice Pebble -> Night Pumice
    Heavy armor and weapons are obtainable by buying Ravager set from town merchant.

Draugr draugr: style material: 10 Filthy Shoud -> Pristine Shroud

Celestial craglorn: style material: 10 Sapphire Stardust -> Star Sapphire

Harlequin grimharlequin: style material: 10 Grintooth -> Grinstone

Hollowjack hallowjack: style material: 10 Amber Bead -> Amber Marble

Worm Cult wormcult: new full style (light, medium, heavy armor and weapons) added with Update 11, evolution of the current worm cult style artifactwormcultlight. This one however doesn't seem to have a motif or style material .
    Light armor and weapons are obtainable by buying Curse-eater set from town merchant.

YES!! I love this post. Lots of great info for me to add! I recently found a ton more information from a dataminer's thread as well, but am on vacation atm in a place with bad internet and it's tough to find time to update this thread.

Still, I'll update it asap. Thank you.
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emperor style
    Edited by LaerothKeykalyn on July 18, 2016 2:58PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor style

Emperor is not a motif. It is strictly a costume. Emperor's Regalia is the name of it, and is obtained through becoming an Emperor in Cyrodiil.

Not a style.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    Emperor is not a motif. It is strictly a costume. Emperor's Regalia is the name of it, and is obtained through becoming an Emperor in Cyrodiil.

Not a style.
    Also, the bright red leather flanked by golden plates makes your butt look too big. You get to wear the costume during the final quest to defeat Molag Bal. I just wish the Fighter's Guild ultimate, Dawnbreaker, used the execution animation from the Molag Bal fight.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my God I NEED the Akatosh Motif! Back in Skyrim I really enjoyed wearing the Imperial Armor and it would look even more fantastic in ESO I really hope it's not terribly difficult to get the chapters for it. :'(
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I updated a ton of pictures on this thread. It's now more accurate, and I will try to fill in every category overtime. Will also work on changing the current pics into a "Male" category and add an entire "Female" category (lots of work!). Will take time, but this thread will stay updated :)

Current motifs which still need full pictures:
    • Morag Tong (impossible right now)
    • Skinchanger (impossible right now)
    • Dromothra (possible)
    • Ebony (impossible right now)
    • Draugr (impossible right now)
    • Dark Brotherhood (possible in Update 11)
    • Minotaur (possible in Update 11)
    • Akatosh (possible in Update 11)
    • Celestial (possible, Heavy Armor pic)
    • Harlequin (possible during Witches Festival and on PTS!)
    Edited by Vaoh on July 21, 2016 11:04AM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda intrigued as to where you got the information about the Undaunted Monster helms. You've probably seen the same picture from dataminers that I have, but that didn't provide names for the extra helms. Particularly strange is the way you've assigned extra helms to dungeons which already have a helm, e.g. suggesting that Slimecraw the crocodile would drop from Wayrest Sewers when there's already Malubeth the Scourger from there.

So yes, I'd like more information about those :).

This is what I came up with a few months ago when I was looking at the datamined data:
    pw7SJ.png

Turns out that the new Argonian-themed dungeons have helms which weren't on that list at all, though.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50