The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hero Costumes

Cazzy
Cazzy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
All three highly anticipated Hero Costumes have now been released. Did you buy any? If so, which one(s)? If not, how come?
Edited by Cazzy on July 21, 2016 4:33PM

Hero Costumes 403 votes

None
57%
IcyDeadPeopledriosketchfastolfv_ESOwayfarerxKikazaruvailjohn_ESOarkansas_ESOOakmontowls_ESOMojmirZardaynearasysb14_ESOBigBraggcodybrewer78b14_ESOErock25Lara1701Hellbender27Foehammer_76TiitusPheefsAlurria 232 votes
Nord
4%
Wicked_WolfNskDencosmic_niklas_93b16_ESOnikolaj.lemcheb16_ESOimasnowchainub17_ESOLord_DraevanHanzusandreasvMason22The UninvitedMoglijuanaConquistadorLord_EomerJadarThe_LexDuiwelNACtronitz_LobsterDread_Viking 19 votes
Elf
15%
XundiinOsteosWuffyCeruleikyler9987b16_ESOSnowstriderKharnisReykiceAbeilleguulSunverkhele23eb17_ESOphreatophileDerNachtfalterLoralai_907ElhanankojouLaerothKeykalynDenniMyuuIdinuseJennifur_Vultee 61 votes
Breton
7%
Esquire1980g_ESOkevlarto_ESOXsorusSaturnDhariusBlackguardBobJames-WayneSanTii.92E-ZekielQuaesiviLeon119KatinasShirleyShineTobi333USleepyTrollcode65536DuxesChelisterGwythyrSkinzz 32 votes
All Three
14%
aisriyth_ESODevolusk9mousekensan62_ESO1mirgSlylokSporvanYulsItsGlaivesebbaneldermpsmithrwb17_ESOLumiElsirKorah_Eaglecrystarkerealmwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOGhost-ShotJa50nXDedricusEdgemoor 59 votes
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All Three
    ... I regret the Breton one... So very much.

It looks horrible.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf
    Bought Elf and Breton, but no choice for that.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Apologies! D: I added "Some" as an option but it didn't come up!
    Edited by Cazzy on July 21, 2016 4:36PM
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I thought they all looked like ***.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    They all look goofy . The price was not right . I feel more heroic in original crafted sets . The art department that made the original motifs did a fantastic job .
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Three
    All three, I think I'm a sucker for punishment :disappointed:
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I didn't like the Nord one to begin with.

The Elven one made my characters look weird, especially with the hood, but I'm having a bit of regret not getting it now that we can equip hats. Only a bit though.

I was excited for the Breton one but it's so disappointing...

Really hope they release a bundle after fixing the Breton costume. Yes, I know, I'll keep dreaming.
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 21, 2016 4:40PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    If anyone wants 20 dollars from me for a costume , it better be so damn good looking I feel like I'm missing out on something .
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I was really excited for these!

.... and then I saw what they looked like in-game

.....and the price

.....and how they honestly did not look good at all :/
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    If anyone wants 20 dollars from me for a costume , it better be so damn good looking I feel like I'm missing out on something .

Pretty much this exactly, for $20 it needs to be awesome. The hero costumes all fall somewhere between "Meh" and "Ugly".
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    none.. lower prices i might :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None

• Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    Poor quality & overpriced.In other words they are selling crap for gold
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    They were all terribly done. If they were re-mastered and re-released I would consider buying them.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf
    I bought the Elf Hero one only, and frankly it is the only one that looks even remotely good on my characters (and on all ten of them to boot, regardless of race or body type!) so if there is something I don't regret is getting it. Nord and Breton Hero costumes look absolutely dreadful on my characters.

Elf Hero looks absolutely fantastic dyed, too. I hate the hood, though, so I can't use the costume on my Altmer although it looks amazing on her because then I would have to hide the hood, and I can't because looking at her brown hair makes me angry (her hair is supposed to be black, but alas, only Altmer npcs are allowed to have black hair apparently).
    Edited by Abeille on July 21, 2016 5:08PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    None for me. Don't wear too many costumes... Maybe when dyes come in I'll think about it some more.

But you have to admit though, the Breton one is pretty hilarious.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    i bought none - but if I would have known earlier this year, that costume dyes are coming, I would eventually have bought the elven hero one - so this is a lost opportunity for ZOS, to not have told us earlier, that this is in the making.

As far as the Nord hero armor goes, I did not like it really - but I have the dragon warrior one, which was cheaper and looks a lot better IMO.
    Edited by Lysette on July 21, 2016 5:09PM
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Question: Why did I choose non of them?
    Answer: They are all terribly designed. It is embarrassing how bad they look.

...and also, I purchase a lot of the costumes. The hero ones, however, were honestly terrible.
    Edited by LearnThis on July 21, 2016 5:22PM
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    So not worth the epic price tag. I made better gear myself for free.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Overpriced and none of them look very good tbh. That being said I'm not sure any of them were going to translate that well to begin with from the cinematic trailer look to an in game costume.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    AlienSlof wrote: »

You, Sir, are an artist, and a nexus celebrity.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Lysette wrote: »

I'm a she! :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None

I'm a she! :)

Oh, I am sorry, I didn't know that.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None

Think she's a lady :wink:
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Haha, I get confused for a man too. At least once a day.

Edit: Online I mean. I'm very much a woman IRL.
    Edited by Cazzy on July 21, 2016 5:33PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Haha, I get confused for a man too. At least once a day.

Edit: Online I mean. I'm very much a woman IRL.

Cazzy sounds pretty female to me (basically short of Cassandra?), but with AlienSlof it's not that easy to say, what gender this might be.
    Edited by Lysette on July 21, 2016 5:38PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Yeah, my nick is genderless, could be either! I most often was mistaken for a gay man because I made a lot of sexy male mods! ;)

ZOS need to get some decent clothing modellers in. I could convert one gender's gear to another with way better results.
    Edited by AlienSlof on July 21, 2016 5:41PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Yeah, my nick is genderless, could be either! I most often was mastaken for a gay man because I made a lot of sexy male mods! ;)

Yeah, I just looked it up on tesnexus - you are around for quite a while in the modding community.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    Since Morrowind, yes. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    They're not exact replicas; no dyes at the time; too expensive; don't have a chr that matches the heros' races/genders.