The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is templar the only good healer?

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, I've tried healing with all classes. I enjoy healing with NB the best.

Templar Heals are great, high burst heals and plenty of support for stamina builds but fall short when it comes to sustain. Bad group always standing in red = no magic very quickly as you spam BoL to keep everyone alive. You also have a hard time doing much DPS if you try and jam in all your support/healing skills in your bars. (You're looking at Shards, Repentance, Siphon Spirit, BOL, Combat Prayer, Channeled Focus for sustain, Ritual for Purify+HoT, Rapid Regen for easy SPC proc, and maybe Elemental drain if you run Destro staff) Not saying you should run all that, just saying IF you do, you're practically helpless in a fight.

DK is all about buffs and mitigation. Igneous Weapons at all times to keep the group buffed with major and minor brutality + Combat Prayer for all the extra damage buffs you can muster. Igneous Shields for Major Mending and Cauterize for a passive heal+spell crit. Not to mention no one will complain when you Chain+Talon enemies in trial groups.

NB is all about HoTs and Damage. More damage = equal things die faster = less healing needed. With Funnel Health, Refreshing Path and Rapid Regen/Mutagen going, I rarely need a burst heal, except in trial situations or when someone goofs up. Even in relatively bad groups, HoTs keep everyone alive pretty decently considering how powerful they can get with all the extra crit NB's have.

Sorcerers are IMO, one of the hardest healers to master. Twilight has nice heals but dies too regularly to be outright reliant on it to heal. I prefer a more aggressive approach to my Sorc and have him CC as much as he can to make my group take as little damage as possible, so that HoT's cover the majority of damage they take. Mines, Encase, Crystal Frags, anything that keeps enemies at bay while my group slowly kills them is fine. I double Resto on my Sorc healer so I can keep healing regardless of which bar I'm currently on, in case someone takes too much damage for my liking. As for the Twilight, I keep it exclusively on my Overload bar as a heal while I try to burn down whatever it currently deserving of my Overload wrath.
    I solute anyone that can play Sorc Healer effectively because it's a chore
    Argonian forever
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh, I've tried healing with all classes. I enjoy healing with NB the best.

Templar Heals are great, high burst heals and plenty of support for stamina builds but fall short when it comes to sustain. Bad group always standing in red = no magic very quickly as you spam BoL to keep everyone alive. You also have a hard time doing much DPS if you try and jam in all your support/healing skills in your bars. (You're looking at Shards, Repentance, Siphon Spirit, BOL, Combat Prayer, Channeled Focus for sustain, Ritual for Purify+HoT, Rapid Regen for easy SPC proc, and maybe Elemental drain if you run Destro staff) Not saying you should run all that, just saying IF you do, you're practically helpless in a fight.

DK is all about buffs and mitigation. Igneous Weapons at all times to keep the group buffed with major and minor brutality + Combat Prayer for all the extra damage buffs you can muster. Igneous Shields for Major Mending and Cauterize for a passive heal+spell crit. Not to mention no one will complain when you Chain+Talon enemies in trial groups.

NB is all about HoTs and Damage. More damage = equal things die faster = less healing needed. With Funnel Health, Refreshing Path and Rapid Regen/Mutagen going, I rarely need a burst heal, except in trial situations or when someone goofs up. Even in relatively bad groups, HoTs keep everyone alive pretty decently considering how powerful they can get with all the extra crit NB's have.

Sorcerers are IMO, one of the hardest healers to master. Twilight has nice heals but dies too regularly to be outright reliant on it to heal. I prefer a more aggressive approach to my Sorc and have him CC as much as he can to make my group take as little damage as possible, so that HoT's cover the majority of damage they take. Mines, Encase, Crystal Frags, anything that keeps enemies at bay while my group slowly kills them is fine. I double Resto on my Sorc healer so I can keep healing regardless of which bar I'm currently on, in case someone takes too much damage for my liking. As for the Twilight, I keep it exclusively on my Overload bar as a heal while I try to burn down whatever it currently deserving of my Overload wrath.
    I solute anyone that can play Sorc Healer effectively because it's a chore

Honestly I respectfully disagree, I feel with twilight, heal negate, and the resto skills it's not really that bad.

If I had to personally make a tier list of hardest to easiest healer to play in end game...

Nightblade healer - you really have to step out of your comfort zone here, unless you have addons to show in real time how many hots are effecting each party member and when they are due to expire, it can be hard to manage. I say out of comfort zone becuase layering sap essense / funnel heath spam means you have to be condident that all your hots are in full effect.
    On top of this, path is a bit narrow and cam be a chore placing it often. Also imo the most gear dependant of the 4 healing options.

Sorc healer - keeping twilight alive outside of ward spam can be tricky, and managing your overload bar can as well take some getting used to. But the twilight heal and newly implemented heal negate ult let's you stay fairly comfortable if *** hits the fan, otherwise it's pretty straight forward.

Dk healer - honestly pretty damn easy and always has always been. Little has changed since the early parts of this games lifespan for dk healer. Igneous shield for major mending and lay on the bor or rapid regen, healing ward for emergencies. It really isn't hard. Newely added Cauterize and molten shell ult change from being an incredibly inconvenient synergy to an easily applicable emergency trigger have almost trivialized the whole process. And trinimac set on dk healer is something to see for sure.

• Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    We had a fun veteran Darkshade run with four healers, for the amusement of it. (It was an absolute blast.) Only one could not also DPS; he announced intentions to change after the dungeon. He literally didn't realize that was an option until then.

Can we make this a thing?
  • cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

@SolarCat02 that's very true... I find myself in PUGs a lot, and it may have been meant as friendly encouragement to that unknown driver behind the keyboard.

I will seek a twelve-step program to overcome my bigotry. I don't want hate in my heart. :)

ELE - everybody love everybody.