The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is templar the only good healer?

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaiba wrote: »
    Have you played Sorc and DK healer at endgame or played with a good one ? Seems not cause you're saying crap. DK use their shields in combination of resto skills (and combination of stuff). BoL < Matriarch's Heal. In pure healing capabilities, every class can do the job at endgame. Templar is just better support for stamina ressource managements and easier to master. Don't talk about classes/role you don't know a *** about... That's painful. Remind me of those people who said "if you wanna tank just make a DK" ROFL.

About resto staves, you forgot Combat Prayer and Healing ward.

EDIT : Templar healers use resto staff + Templar skill (such as BoL) - NB Healers use Resto staff + NB skill (such as Funnel Health) - Sorcerer Healers use resto staff + Sorc skills (such as Matriarch's Heals) - DK Healers use Resto staff + DK skills (such as Shields). Skills are different but serves the same purpose : keep your teammates alive, help your squad doing the job (by giving ressources back or with CC abilities or with DPS). (was talking about endgame content here, such as raids)

I am glad you know so much about me mate... Yes I am way over next CP cap and have 12 chars (3DK's) but clearly I don't even know about those skills... You're absolutely right.

Instead of making wild accusations and assumptions lets look @ some facts. Sap Essence only works effectively as an AoE for healing, anything else and it's average at best.

Use Healing Springs, Extended Ritual, Restoring Focus, Breath of Life, Lingering Ritual, Radient Aura, Cleanse ect. effectively and come back to me...

Templar can res 50% faster while any other class can only res 30% faster at best. Templar resurrected folk also return with much higher health...

I am fully aware of the other classes and their abilities.

Good job at attacking someone personally for giving their opinion mate. Want a cookie?

I stand by what I said because imo Templars remain the best healers. Sure my NB can outheal any templar in AoE trash fights but I would be foolish to say I can out-heal a proper Templar who uses the rotation I listed and I am sorry but I doubt a DK or your precious Sorc can come close to that either. Hence why I said Templars & NB's.

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Have you played Sorc and DK healer at endgame or played with a good one ? Seems not cause you're saying crap. DK use their shields in combination of resto skills (and combination of stuff). BoL < Matriarch's Heal. In pure healing capabilities, every class can do the job at endgame. Templar is just better support for stamina ressource managements and easier to master. Don't talk about classes/role you don't know a *** about... That's painful. Remind me of those people who said "if you wanna tank just make a DK" ROFL.

About resto staves, you forgot Combat Prayer and Healing ward.

EDIT : Templar healers use resto staff + Templar skill (such as BoL) - NB Healers use Resto staff + NB skill (such as Funnel Health) - Sorcerer Healers use resto staff + Sorc skills (such as Matriarch's Heals) - DK Healers use Resto staff + DK skills (such as Shields). Skills are different but serves the same purpose : keep your teammates alive, help your squad doing the job (by giving ressources back or with CC abilities or with DPS). (was talking about endgame content here, such as raids)

I am glad you know so much about me mate... Yes I am way over next CP cap and have 12 chars (3DK's) but clearly I don't even know about those skills... You're absolutely right.

Instead of making wild accusations and assumptions lets look @ some facts. Sap Essence only works effectively as an AoE for healing, anything else and it's average at best.

Use Healing Springs, Extended Ritual, Restoring Focus, Breath of Life, Lingering Ritual, Radient Aura, Cleanse ect. effectively and come back to me...

Templar can res 50% faster while any other class can only res 30% faster at best. Templar resurrected folk also return with much higher health...

Good job at attacking someone personally for giving their opinion mate. Want a cookie?

I stand by what I said because imo Templars remain the best healers. Sure my NB can outheal any templar in AoE trash fights but I would be foolish to say I can out-heal a proper Templar who uses the rotation I listed and I am sorry but I doubt a DK or your precious Sorc can come close to that either. Hence why I said Templars & NB's.

This , thank you.

• CreepyPahuska
    CreepyPahuska
    ✭✭✭

I stand by what I said because imo Templars remain the best healers. Sure my NB can outheal any templar in AoE trash fights but I would be foolish to say I can out-heal a proper Templar who uses the rotation I listed

Aww come on... crying about a "personal attack" now ? Just because someone suggested that maybe you're not good enough at healing with the non-templar classes ? You are being ridiculously sensitive (feel free to consider that another "personal attack").

You know, having tons of character and CPs doesn't mean you're the best player ever and you master them all to the perfection. From what i've seen so far in TESO and other games, it generally means the contrary (take it easy here, I said generally :wink: ).

There's been no "wild accusation" here, only arguments, but you're probably too ridiculously offended to consider them, so I won't waste time paraphrasing Shaiba, just read again if you care, it's all there.

Anyway, the simple fact that you bring the rez speed of the templar as an argument to his superiority as a healer, and the fact that you speak of rotation for a healing class tells a lot about your mastery of the different classes.
    First, if the rez speed is so important to you, it probably means that your group members die a lot, wich isn't generally a good sign. Of course i'm not saying it's because you didn't do your job well enough, cause there could be a lot of other reasons... and most importantly, I wouldn't want you to feel "personally attacked" again... :smile:
    Second, speaking of rotation is good for DPSs (tanks maybe...) since it implies using skills in a certain order with very few variations to optimize the output (damage, taunt/protection, whatever...). It doesn't really apply to a healer since it depends essentially on the situation. You can't really plan when the tank is going to fail the taunt, or when a DD is going to jump in a red area, etc... A good healer will be able to react quickly and save the situation, but it isn't compatible with things like "rotation"
    I doubt a DK or your precious Sorc can come close to that either. Hence why I said Templars & NB's.
    Well... try it and see for yourself, since it seems that you only trust your own opinion....
    Oh wait, sorry, you have 12 chars, you know about the skills, so you obviously know everything else... my most sincere apologies.
    Edited by CreepyPahuska on July 5, 2016 11:48AM
    Creepy Pahuska
    Magicka Sorcerer Tank
    Daggerfall Covenant
    My Build - OUTDATED
    My Channel
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    That's not what I asked for. Have you played every healing classes at endgame content (with no death maybe ?) ? I have played every classes too, but I won't advice people about roles I haven't played with those. I hope w're not trying to know who has the biggest one ? Cause you know girls can't compete about that... :wink:
    You said :
    I doubt a DK or your precious Sorc can come close to that either
    Should I understand that you admit you haven't played those class with this role (healer) at endgame ? That's what I said and you consider it as a personal attack. If that's correct, why are you talking about a combination of class/role you don't know a *** about ?
    Sap Essence only works effectively as an AoE for healing, anything else and it's average at best.
    OFC and I only use it in AoE. For solo boss, I use other skills. I already listed them previously in this topic, if you are curious about what I use, read my previous posts.
    OFC it's an AoE skills, you should use it when there are mobs around. Same goes for repentance, it'll give HP+stamina back when there are dead bodies lying aroung, you should use it when there are dead bodies around. I don't understand your point here.

My main is a templar... Like I said I have done all endgame content pre nerf with no death challenge (except MoL), speed clear. I have done vWGT and vICP pre nerf with no armor/accessories (for fun with my guildies), but yeah, please, teach me how to heal on this one ;) Can I tell you the same : use sorc/dk/nb healing abilities effectively and come back to me ? No that would be too presomptuous.
    Sorry but when i'm healing my team, they're not dying (that's my job btw) x) Sometimes in raid, but i'm too busy doing healing/support to rez them, I let the DD do that. Even a templar DD can do that. So sure it's cool to rez faster with templar, but with a good healer, your teammates won't die at all, way better isn't it ?
    I'm sorry that you felt being attacked. I haven't said you were dumb or anything. I just said that it looked like you haven't played as a DK or sorc Healer endgame content cause of what you said (which you admitted in your previous post btw). I attacked your argumentation with other arguments I have never attacked you personnaly (quote please ?). Yeah ofc I want a cookie :blush:
    I stand by what I said because imo Templars remain the best healers.
    The easier one. Like someone else in this topic, I recommand this class for casual players or people who doesn't want to think a lot while healing. Cause it's easy to heal on this class, way more than any other class.
    Sure my NB can outheal any templar in AoE trash fights
    Even on non AoE trash a good NB healer has more HPS than a good templar healer.
    Templar who uses the rotation
    Jesus, I give up... A healer with rotation... Last time I played with someone who was doing that we wiped again and again and again (and he was templar). I had to switch char and come back with a healer one... I hope you were just joking.
    templars bring more tools to keep a group sustained (shards, repentance)
    Srry you said healing tools, not support tools. OFC templars have more "sustain" tools than other classes (that's what I said in my first post). Healing Tools =/= Support tools. For example, shards aren't an healing tool, these are support tool. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I was talking about healing tools cause that's what you said. And now we're talking about support tools ? I'm a bit lost about what are you talking about.

Edited by Shaiba on July 5, 2016 12:33PM
    I play all Healers in endgame content but my main is my Khajiit Nightblade.
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
    PC EU Daggerfall Covenant
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    well, seems that for trials templars are only possible healers..
    for dungeons - every class in mag build with resto staff can heal, but in my opinion with templar it's much easier
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    alkodav wrote: »
    well, seems that for trials templars are only possible healers..
    for dungeons - every class in mag build with resto staff can heal, but in my opinion with templar it's much easier
    Not so much, some healers builds are not harder. Eg DK with her combination of mass shield and healing buff is easier when all the party is striked by massive group dmg. I think sorcs with pet heals are not hard also (but have not tried yet).
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    I think sorcs with pet heals are not hard also (but have not tried yet).
    The "hard" part with sorc healer is to pay attention to the pet (with shields, by positioning her at the right place, ...). With enough experience with that, it's almost as easy as templars.
    Edited by Shaiba on July 5, 2016 1:04PM
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    If you just spam healing springs you almost never need to do any other healing.

I personal use illustrious healing, hit it 3-4 times then hit a damage power or attack. That is my "rotation" on my NB. I then just keep an eye on heal in case i need to cast something else.

Other than for restoring stamina Templars don't really being a whole lot to the table.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK healer...anyone...?
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know its funny the topic is best healing class. Then Restro staff is added to say how good the Sorc is at healing.

Compare class abilities alone without any Restro staff abilities. Templar wins hand down best healer.

Restro staff makes everybody a healer regardless. Nightblade has decent healing abilities but without a Restro staff just pales in comparison.
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    You know its funny the topic is best healing class. Then Restro staff is added to say how good the Sorc is at healing.

Compare class abilities alone without any Restro staff abilities. Templar wins hand down best healer.

Restro staff makes everybody a healer regardless. Nightblade has decent healing abilities but without a Restro staff just pales in comparison.

Here are your answers, please read before repeating same "ridiculous" arguments :

From @Autolycus :
    Does this logic still remain valid if virtually every progression group relies on their healers to run skills outside of their class? Every class has a burst heal.
    From @exeeter702 :
    Ridiculous.

Classes in this game are intrinsically balanced around the existence of "universal skills". This is the biggest logical fail I see on here time and time again. The logic that a class that has a dedicated healing skill line by default makes them the defacto healer in the game and playing any other class aside from templar to heal is in some way going against the grain of the intended design.

My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
  • CreepyPahuska
    CreepyPahuska
    ✭✭✭

If you wanna play dumb, let's play dumb.
    The topic is about who's the best healing class. Not about which class has the best class-specific skills dedicated to healing. That makes no sense at all. Why would you compare classes without their tool ? You don't go in a dungeon with your bare hands. Healing tools are healing tools. Wether they are specific to a class or not doesn't change anything.
    Now please stop being ridiculous. As you said, resto staff makes everybody a healer regardless, so every class can be the best healing class, end of the story.
    Creepy Pahuska
    Magicka Sorcerer Tank
    Daggerfall Covenant
    My Build - OUTDATED
    My Channel
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    I didn't see it mentioned so I will. Templars have the best access to Major Mending, so they don't need to Resto Heavy attack every few seconds to get an additional 25% healing.

I will leave it to others to debate what effect this has.

dk's get majorr mending from their rocks!
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Any healer (temp or otherwise) can sustain stamina builds much more efficiently just by using a Master's Resto staff, which gives back ~400 stamina on every first tick of healing springs, to every ally within the AoE. What this means is that, as long as you have springs running on the tank and melee dps, they're pretty much always going to have the stamina to sustain.

While I agree with your sentiment, this is wrong, it is only around 250 stam. And only to 6 people in the springs, as that is the cap to all healing I the game.

Templar repentance is 3.5k stam back per body. And is free.

And the master resto staff is really hard to get, like when the cap was vr14, I ran the vDSA like 50+ times and never got it. And now it is just not worth using as it is capped at 140 and you lose around 200 spell damage compared to a gold 160. That is a lot.

cap is being raised next patch on master weapons
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you wanna play dumb, let's play dumb.
    The topic is about who's the best healing class. Not about which class has the best class-specific skills dedicated to healing. That makes no sense at all. Why would you compare classes without their tool ? You don't go in a dungeon with your bare hands. Healing tools are healing tools. Wether they are specific to a class or not doesn't change anything.
    Now please stop being ridiculous. As you said, resto staff makes everybody a healer regardless, so every class can be the best healing class, end of the story.

Yes the best healing class is the one with the best tools for the job at hand which is their class-specific abilities.

So take a Templar and give him a 2hander and the role of healer versus that of a Sorc with a 2hander. Templar wins hands down. No class can begin to compare to the Templar as a healer.

The restro staff comes into play. Then everybody can heal. But doesn't the Templar still have the best options in the tool box versus the other classes? Sure the other classes can heal but how can you compare then when the Restro staff is doing all the work and not the class? Short answer take the Restro staff out and compare.
  • CreepyPahuska
    CreepyPahuska
    ✭✭✭
    So take a Templar and give him a 2hander and the role of healer versus that of a Sorc with a 2hander. Templar wins hands down. No class can begin to compare to the Templar as a healer.

Really... ? Is that your argument ? Basically, what you are saying is that if you give a sorc and a templar a banana or a toilet brush, the templar will be a better healer. Well of course ! However, if you compare that templar and his legendary Master toilet brush to a simple DK with a restoration staff, the DK will definitely do a better job.
    You base your answer on 3 skill trees, while they are plenty more at our disposal... I can't say your wrong when you say that a templar with no gear and class-skills only will be a better healer that anyone else in the same configuration, it's just that your statement is useless... why would you f***ing play without gear and only class skills ?

Oh, and by the way, before you answer again, please ask yourself who's the best tanking class (still with no gear and class skills only) and tell us the answer. Since there is no class-taunt, there's a chance that you'll be gone thinking for quite a while.

Creepy Pahuska
    Magicka Sorcerer Tank
    Daggerfall Covenant
    My Build - OUTDATED
    My Channel
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    The restro staff comes into play. Then everybody can heal. But doesn't the Templar still have the best options in the tool box versus the other classes? Sure the other classes can heal but how can you compare then when the Restro staff is doing all the work and not the class? Short answer take the Restro staff out and compare.

Yeah, seems you don't like reading... Let me quote myself then (I have only done it templar vs nightblade) from 1st page :
    Let's take a look at this skill line (the restoring light one) :

Ulti - Worst ulti of the game in PvE. You need damage mitigation : Nova will do the job better + stun + last longer + deals damage. In group PvP purposes, it can find it's uses. If you don't need damage mitigation, just use the Aggressive Warhorn
    BoL/Honor the dead : Cool flash heals, but heals lesser than the matriarch's one (I heal myself 10k without crit 5k on my teammates, 16k myself on crit and 8k teammates with crit)
    Healing Ritual : Lol, should I explain why this is really useless ? I hope everyone knows why.
    Repetance : Great too, heals + gives stamina back, usefull as ressource management of stamina teammates
    Purifying/Extended Rituals : Small HoT, gives Major Mending ( which increases your healing abilities) + heal (even if my teammates takes the synergy even when they don't need it i have to mention it) (I heal 1.3k per tick without crit 1.9k with crit)
    Channeled Focus : Self Magicka Management + Major ward

Passives :
    Mending : Increase healing done in function of the HP of the target. No point to argue about this.
    Focused Healing : Major Mending + CC
    Light Weaver : Not that good not that bad. Provides support
    Master Ritualist : You rez faster. Wasn't your job to keep your teammates alive ? Joke aside, it's cool too.

Now take a look at for example Nightblade skill tree :
    Nightblade :
    Siphoning Tree :
    Ulti - Heal + Gives major vitality (which increase healing received by targets). If you use the other morph, it's an AoE stun. For damage mitigation we have from the shadow skill tree Veil of Blades.
    Funnel Health : Heals teammates while dealing damage (I heal 5k with this skill without crit). Spam skill cause of low magicka cost. Heals lesser than BoL and matriarch's flash heal.
    Prolonged Suffering/Malefic Wrath : I don't find this skill usefull as a healer
    Crippling Grasp : CC skill
    Siphoning Attacks : Self ressources management
    Sap Essence : Heals allies + AoE damage (gives you Major sorcery which increases your heals skills) (I heal 1.4 x 1.20 x number of mobs hit without crit / 2.7 x 1.20 x number of mobs hit with crits)

Oh and don't forget from the shadow tree Refreshing path : HoT (I heal 1.2k without crit and 2k with crit)

Passives :
    Catalyst : Gain more ultimate (for major vitality or damage mitigation)
    Magicka Flood : More magicka means better heal
    Soul Siphoner : Increase healing done no point to argue about this lol
    Transfer : To gain more ultimate

So yeah templar have access to good tools to keep allies alive, he also has bad one (Healing Ritual ROFL) like other classes. Templar is a great healer class, i won't deny that, but the best at healing purposes, just no. It's the best for support purposes, in term of healing done, my NB is far better than my templar. Sorc is similar to templar in terms of healing done (i've done all endgame content with no death challenge before nerfs on my healers chars which are templar, nightblade and sorc, with stamina teammates). That's what I noticed IG. Both char with 160 CP stuff (SPC). I'm capped on CP (547 atm).

+You don't seem to know DK/NB/Sorc healing capabilities... What prove me that is that you think it all comes from resto staff ROFL. DKs have great shields to keep people alive, NB has the best HPS of the game, Sorc's flash heal is the most powerful one. So yeah, couple these skills with resto staff and undaunted/mage/assault/... one and voila you have your healing build.
    Why anybody will play without universal skills/resto staff skills, that's just crap. You can't be good at endgame content as a templar healer without universal skills and resto staff one (good luck doing MoL only with your templar skills lolz). Same goes for NB/DK/Sorc so what's your point here ?

In this game, healers use resto staff, undaunted/mage/assault/[..] skills. So in this game, all classes can heal. End of discussion. Nobody would play only with class skills so what's the point here ? Templar are better in an immaginary world where nobody use other skill than class's one ? You really don't see why this is a ridiculous statement ?

My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really... ? Is that your argument ? Basically, what you are saying is that if you give a sorc and a templar a banana or a toilet brush, the templar will be a better healer. Well of course ! However, if you compare that templar and his legendary Master toilet brush to a simple DK with a restoration staff, the DK will definitely do a better job.
    You base your answer on 3 skill trees, while they are plenty more at our disposal... I can't say your wrong when you say that a templar with no gear and class-skills only will be a better healer that anyone else in the same configuration, it's just that your statement is useless... why would you f***ing play without gear and only class skills ?

Oh, and by the way, before you answer again, please ask yourself who's the best tanking class (still with no gear and class skills only) and tell us the answer. Since there is no class-taunt, there's a chance that you'll be gone thinking for quite a while.

So ask yourself this HOW is the Sorc the better healer choice? The Restro staff is doing all the work NOT the Sorc's class abilities.

So every class can heal with the restro staff. But to compare classes what is the class really bringing to the table. Templar has best options NB second DK 3rd and Sorc is the 4th worst choice.

IF this game had something like 4v4 pvp the differences between classes would really start to stand out. Templar can burst heal best. No class can match that amount of survivability. Is it needed for PVE no. Comparing classes can you really think Sorc is the better option?
    Edited by Shaun98ca2 on July 7, 2016 8:29AM
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    So ask yourself this HOW is the Sorc the better healer choice? The Restro staff is doing all the work NOT the Sorc's class abilities.

So every class can heal with the restro staff. But to compare classes what is the class really bringing to the table. Templar has best options NB second DK 3rd and Sorc is the 4th worst choice.

IF this game had something like 4v4 pvp the differences between classes would really start to stand out. Templar can burst heal best. No class can match that amount of survivability. Is it needed for PVE no. Comparing classes can you really think Sorc is the better option?

Can you read please, this is really boring...

Yeah, seems you don't like reading... Let me quote myself then (I have only done it templar vs nightblade) from 1st page :

Ulti - Worst ulti of the game in PvE. You need damage mitigation : Nova will do the job better + stun + last longer + deals damage. In group PvP purposes, it can find it's uses. If you don't need damage mitigation, just use the Aggressive Warhorn
    BoL/Honor the dead : Cool flash heals, but heals lesser than the matriarch's one (I heal myself 10k without crit 5k on my teammates, 16k myself on crit and 8k teammates with crit)
    Healing Ritual : Lol, should I explain why this is really useless ? I hope everyone knows why.
    Repetance : Great too, heals + gives stamina back, usefull as ressource management of stamina teammates
    Purifying/Extended Rituals : Small HoT, gives Major Mending ( which increases your healing abilities) + heal (even if my teammates takes the synergy even when they don't need it i have to mention it) (I heal 1.3k per tick without crit 1.9k with crit)

Passives :
    Mending : Increase healing done in function of the HP of the target. No point to argue about this.
    Master Ritualist : You rez faster. Wasn't your job to keep your teammates alive ? Joke aside, it's cool too.

Nightblade :
    Siphoning Tree :
    Ulti - Heal + Gives major vitality (which increase healing received by targets). If you use the other morph, it's an AoE stun. For damage mitigation we have from the shadow skill tree Veil of Blades.
    Funnel Health : Heals teammates while dealing damage (I heal 5k with this skill without crit). Spam skill cause of low magicka cost. Heals lesser than BoL and matriarch's flash heal.
    Sap Essence : Heals allies + AoE damage (gives you Major sorcery which increases your heals skills) (I heal 1.4 x 1.20 x number of mobs hit without crit / 2.7 x 1.20 x number of mobs hit with crits)

Oh and don't forget from the shadow tree Refreshing path : HoT (I heal 1.2k without crit and 2k with crit)

Passives :

So yeah templar have access to good tools to keep allies alive, he also has bad one (Healing Ritual ROFL) like other classes. Templar is a great healer class, i won't deny that, but the best at healing purposes, just no. It's the best for support purposes, in term of healing done, my NB is far better than my templar. Sorc is similar to templar in terms of healing done (i've done all endgame content with no death challenge before nerfs on my healers chars which are templar, nightblade and sorc, with stamina teammates). That's what I noticed IG. Both char with 160 CP stuff (SPC). I'm capped on CP (547 atm).

+You don't seem to know DK/NB/Sorc healing capabilities... What prove me that is that you think it all comes from resto staff ROFL. DKs have great shields to keep people alive, NB has the best HPS of the game, Sorc's flash heal is the most powerful one. So yeah, couple these skills with resto staff and undaunted/mage/assault/... one and voila you have your healing build.
    Why anybody will play without universal skills/resto staff skills, that's just crap. You can't be good at endgame content as a templar healer without universal skills and resto staff one (good luck doing MoL only with your templar skills lolz). Same goes for NB/DK/Sorc so what's your point here ?

In this game, healers use resto staff, undaunted/mage/assault/[..] skills. So in this game, all classes can heal. End of discussion. Nobody would play only with class skills so what's the point here ? Templar are better in an immaginary world where nobody use other skill than class's one ? You really don't see why this is a ridiculous statement ?

IF this game had something like 4v4 pvp the differences between classes would really start to stand out. Templar can burst heal best.
    Templar's burst heal is less powerful than Matriarch's one.

Oh and btw IF my grandma had balls she would be my grandpa ;) We can do lot of things with IFs.
    Edited by Shaiba on July 7, 2016 8:36AM
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
  • CreepyPahuska
    CreepyPahuska
    ✭✭✭
    as the lady said :

Passives :

Nightblade :
    Siphoning Tree :

Passives :

You know mate, I like debate, arguments, discussions, things like that... but you're just repeating the same thing again and again. Everybody's been telling you how wrong you are, and yet it seems that you don't even bother reading. It just feels like I'm having a debate with my left shoe, or my wall... or a toilet brush (you know, that weapon with wich you can heal so well)
    You're a troll and I'm done feeding you.
    Creepy Pahuska
    Magicka Sorcerer Tank
    Daggerfall Covenant
    My Build - OUTDATED
    My Channel
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm gonna say your wrong and you don't feel like reading and are saying the same thing.

The Templars abilities are the best compared to the other classes abilities in regards to healing.

Some one stated Matriarch's heal is strong is then Templars BoL. Ok good argument, but counter argument is the pet can be killed and doesn't heal any more. Can't kill the BoL its not a pet, but you can kill the Matriach. On top of which BoL is healing multiple people which, afaik the Matriach is healing 1 person at a time.

The Sorcs tools stay crappy regardless of the Restro Staff. The Staff just allows them to heal with different tools. Doesn't change the classes abilities those stay crappy.

The Templar has all the tools needed to be a fully competent healer with or without a Restro Staff. This makes them the best healer. But like said as always regardless all classes can heal due to Restro staff, Templar just has the best options.
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    On top of which BoL is healing multiple people which, afaik the Matriach is healing 1 person at a time.
    Ok I give up, you're the kind of person who talks about thing that you don't know. I stop talk to these kind of people. I though that was the case when I read your previoust post, you just confirmed it now.
    Good news for you : Matriarch's heal heals 2 allies (+ your pet).

Have fun in your imaginary gameworld ;)
    Edited by Shaiba on July 7, 2016 8:58AM
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had good success in healing with my Sorcerer... but I couldn't provide any stamina back to my team to keep them up and running (bad!). But as long as there was another Templar in the team, it was all good.

Plus, when your healing Pet dies, you lose your Oh $h!t panic button (aka your Breadth of Life)...
    It's really *** agains't some bosses like the Engine Guardian...

All in all, Templar are king of healing, because in ESO the healer should do more than just healing. He should provide DPS and keep his team up and running.

I really wish they would implement a stamina return skill in the resto staff skill line.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Resto staff on my StamBlade....heals are pitiful. I could run around spamming vigor next to everyone. I like Templar, It's hard to beat BoL.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar is a must for trials as no other class can really keep up with the demands and skill needs (Nova, BoL, Major Mending, etc.) in twelve man runs. With that said, for anything else I feel you should make a magicka DPS of the class you want and carry a resto staff. You can stick heal most anything other than trials efficiently maybe edging out with a Nightblades siphoning.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Any healer (temp or otherwise) can sustain stamina builds much more efficiently just by using a Master's Resto staff, which gives back ~400 stamina on every first tick of healing springs, to every ally within the AoE. What this means is that, as long as you have springs running on the tank and melee dps, they're pretty much always going to have the stamina to sustain.

While I agree with your sentiment, this is wrong, it is only around 250 stam. And only to 6 people in the springs, as that is the cap to all healing I the game.

Templar repentance is 3.5k stam back per body. And is free.

And the master resto staff is really hard to get, like when the cap was vr14, I ran the vDSA like 50+ times and never got it. And now it is just not worth using as it is capped at 140 and you lose around 200 spell damage compared to a gold 160. That is a lot.

cap is being raised next patch on master weapons

I am aware of this fact. And I will be running the vDSA till I get one. The stam return though is not going to be raised by all that much. Still around 250 stam on only the first tick. Does not compare to repentance.

I have healed on a sorc and temp. Basically the same way as well. Ran all vet dungeons as a sorc healer too. I did not use the pet, i really only used rapid regen and healing ward and hardened ward for myself. I used combat prayer most of the time as well, only switched it out on certain bosses for healing springs. Healing in this game is not that hard, at least in vet dungeons, any class can do the job, it really is the support you bring as a healer that matters more. And temps have the only real tools to support stam.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 7, 2016 1:20PM
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're still using BoL? I prefere HW as an "oh ***" button even on tamplar. And almost all my normal healing as tamplar is build on HoTs (Extended ritual+mutagen+energy orbs) the value of templars for group is his shards and repentance.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're still using BoL? I prefere HW as an "oh ***" button even on tamplar. And almost all my normal healing as tamplar is build on HoTs (Extended ritual+mutagen+energy orbs) the value of templars for group is his shards and repentance.

BoL will heal two persons... Healing Ward will only be cast on 1 person...
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only point why tamplars are prefered is not healing but shards and repentace. Any class can be built as totally efficient healer.

Well not only. Templar also have huge HoT's combo from extended ritual(gives major mending also) , rapid regeneration and pufyrying light. Those 3 skills on dungeons gives so much healing over time You can just freely dmg boss and do even 30k dps on him with using BoL only when it's really neccesary.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I'm not going to post more than once, so don't even mind to quote me, thanks!

I fully agree that a sorc is on the same level for healing, if not even better, given the better sustainability, Hardened Ward, etc.!
    Of course, Templar makes more sense, if there are many stamina classes. All possibilities to support magicka classes as a templar, are a joke for me (look at the values - compare to stamina.. - No Comment).

But the thing is, with good players, only blazing spear alone is enough, magicka classes have good sustainability, if it is a skilled player.

DK healer ist outstanding, if the group stays together, and with the right sets, the DK can heal endlessly just by bubbling. This is so op, that I'm not going to describe it, to avoid to see too many DK-healers in Cyro.

I've played Templar as my main but, nowadays, I'm just amazed by the other classes. Magicka support by buff/debuff (resto/destru) is a joke, for me, ritual is too stationary, orb too expensive and healing by using GTAE-heal and following the crown (bubble up) is So boring, that I'd have killed myself, if I'd spent the last two years by doing so.. (PvP, PvE).

So, yes, Templar is best, if we take into account general support. If we talk about certain forms of battles, DK and sorc or even NBs can heal in their own way, which is much more appealing than GTAE-healing, or the repetitive Templar-healing.

Last not least, whatever you do in ESO: if you think, following the crown in a 10+ ppl group spamming either BoL or GTAE heals means to have skill, I can't help. Good healing is to heal in Pvp, in underdog positions, in 3-10 ppl groups vs.X. Surviving, while having 2+ heal debuff + poison +++ on you, that is skill. And using your debuff/ritual every 3-5 seconds. (not many do this).