Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: Update 11 Special #2"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: Update 11 Special #2. Be sure to join us on Twitch tomorrow for another special episode of ESO Live featuring a runthrough of the new dungeon Cradle of Shadows, an Ask Us Anything segment, and a discussion on upcoming racial passives. See you then!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please please please please please directly address the movement speed bug - is it still being looked at? Can we still hope for a fix? Thanks :)
    Edited by ItsGlaive on July 7, 2016 8:34PM
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you please address the ongoing kidnapping in orsinium! when will the perpetrator be captured? when will orsinium be safe to visit on console?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    there should be 2 new skins for each dungeon. Will we see them on next pts patch?
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is there no Magic Damage increase as a Racial Passive? (maybe for Bretons?)
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I can say is it'll be interesting to see the 'reasoning' behind some of the changes done and the direction they will go afterwords.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Can you please please please please please directly address the movement speed bug - is it still being looked at? Can we still hope for a fix? Thanks :)

Seconded. My characters feel as though they are snared they move so slow, you guys acknowledged this as a bug but have otherwise ignored it to the extent that it looks like a nerf not a bug.

While we're at it can we address mounts stopping and/or slowing down for anything larger than a blade of grass in their path?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it can we address mounts stopping and/or slowing down for anything larger than a blade of grass in their path?

This bug is costing ZOS money. I am not spending crowns on mounts when riding one is a constant irritation filled with herky-jerky stops and starts.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are so many fun armor sets being introduced or updated to max level. Will we finally get an increase to max bank space so we can collect them all?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the racial passives...

Breton:
    • Change the perk for "Opportunist" to 1% gold gain. It makes more sense on the Bretons--well-known to be merchants, and fits better with the word "opportunist".
    • The magicka cost reduction passive is rather lackluster, when compared to the Altmer regeneration passive. Perhaps this could be supplemented with magic damage? Half of your magicka classes do a form of damage that no race has a buff for.

Imperial:
    • Rename "Diplomat" to "Defender of Cyrodiil" or "Homeland Defender" and change the perk to 1% AP gain. This name would fit nicely with their sword-and-shield bonus, and it makes sense that they have a natural advantage in their own home province. Even if you keep the "Diplomat" name, "Diplomat" evokes the sense of prestige, and AP is a measure of faction prestige.

Khajiit:
    • 6% max stam on the race that is already the best for PvE DPS is not balanced. If the goal is to buff their viability in PvP, there surely must be some way to buff them without unbalancing the PvE side.
    • Swap their thieving passive with Bosmer. The Khajiit are known to be nimble, and we've all heard about cats landing on all fours, so fall damage makes more sense for them. And Bosmer as thieves is very lore-friendly, too.

Bosmer:
    • Swap their fall-damage passive with the Khajiit's thieving one. See above for reasoning.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Breton:
    • Change the perk for "Opportunist" to 1% gold gain. It makes more sense on the Bretons--well-known to be merchants, and fits better with the word "opportunist".
    • The magicka cost reduction passive is rather lackluster, when compared to the Altmer regeneration passive. Perhaps this could be supplemented with magic damage? Half of your magicka classes do a form of damage that no race has a buff for.

Imperial:
    • Rename "Diplomat" to "Defender of Cyrodiil" or "Homeland Defender" and change the perk to 1% AP gain. This name would fit nicely with their sword-and-shield bonus, and it makes sense that they have a natural advantage in their own home province. Even if you keep the "Diplomat" name, "Diplomat" evokes the sense of prestige, and AP is a measure of faction prestige.

Khajiit:
    • 6% max stam on the race that is already the best for PvE DPS is not balanced. If the goal is to buff their viability in PvP, there surely must be some way to buff them without unbalancing the PvE side.
    • Swap their thieving passive with Bosmer. The Khajiit are known to be nimble, and we've all heard about cats landing on all fours, so fall damage makes more sense for them. And Bosmer as thieves is very lore-friendly, too.

Bosmer:
    • Swap their fall-damage passive with the Khajiit's thieving one. See above for reasoning.

All this! If nothing else, at least change the minor passives like gold gain or fall damage as described above (for purely lore reasons).
    PC-NA
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Khajiit:

Just adding to this: Khajiit as thieves are also sorta lore-friendly, but it is a negative racial stereotype. So, yes, that passive is "racist" :P

For the Bosmer, however, it is not a negative racial stereotype. The Right of Theft is part of their culture, and the Bosmer respect it and take it seriously. Seriously enough for them to marry someone they can't stand if they steal their gold, apparently, instead of reporting the thievery to the guards.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sry for my English.

Ask Us Anything:

1) More convenient skill point redistribution

Everyday problem, if you chose wrong skill mortf, then you have only one way, clear skill morfs and start again. If you chose again a wrong mortf, then start again from begining. If you want erase 1 passive or a basic skill the situation is even worse (even greater risk that when you make bad choise again).

In the future, have you got any plans to make it more convenient?
    Champion point redistribution is very good.

2) PVE vs PVP skill and champion point setup.
    That would be good we could set and save pve skill/CP setup and pvp skill/CP setup. In the future, have you got any plans about it?

Crown store would be usable here. My idea: Only 1 skill setup slot for free like now you can set the skills/CP but no saving option. With ESO+ one more slot. You can buy up to 6 slot: pve tank/dps/heal setups, pvp tank/dps/heal setups.
    And you can set the default pve and pvp setups, when you enter Cyrodiil the system changes the skills automatically when left Cyrodiil then changes too.
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica promised(?) us to show a screenshot (hopefully more) of what text chat will look on console when finished (without the pc gamepad thing). i hope that makes it in the show, i know very many people on console are eagerly awaiting this
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Breton:

Imperial:

Khajiit:

Bosmer:

Want to add:

Argonian: Increase Magic Damage dealt, by 5%.

Can you please please please please please directly address the movement speed bug - is it still being looked at? Can we still hope for a fix? Thanks

Please.
    Edited by Birdovic on July 8, 2016 8:30AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Breton:

Imperial:

Khajiit:

Bosmer:

True. On the other hand, Bosmer live in trees and are used to falling down from time to time :D in real life, it would make more sense for cats.
    But when I look at lore, I would give this passive to Bosmer rather than Khajiit.

And the Breton and Imperial thing. In previous games, Imperials had a passive that increased their chance to find gold. I think this fits perfectly for them. But it's true, alliance point gain doesn't fit Bretons at all.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AuA questions(if this is the right place):

For Wrobel :)

- Why are certain races being changed into must have for example Khajiit for stam and Argonian for healers. What process and metrics do you go through as a the combat team when designing changes like these?

- Any plans for Root immunity/cooldown?

- Why was impen trait removed from PVE item drops? If pvpers want to farm an item they can't if they want it in a desirable trait. Also things like worm set have never dropped in impen.

- Has an increase in the amount of people you can damage with full damage (commonly known as AOE cap) been considered to be raised. NOT an increase in the number of people you can hit above 60. Just an increase in the damage you can do past the first 6 players making it for example full damage to the first 24 players hit

- Are you happy the the current performance of purge in a pvp environment with the introduction of poisons? (And will purge be fixed?)

- Can you explain why training and prosperous were added to the gold key drop tables? I'd much rather save up my gold keys and buy the exact piece I want than get a prosperous dusk shoulder every time I open the chest.

Possibly for Brian (if he can send across some answers)

- The original plan was to make the villages in cyro some sort of battleground or arenas with interesting game modes. This has now been replaced by yet more flags. Are battlegrounds or arenas still on the cards or has that plan been swapped with the introduction of the flags? If so are we likely to see them within the year?

- Is there a reason why the Cyro monster set vendor can't be improved to cycle gear in a better manor? For example helm and shoulder being available would help so that a different set could be obtained in impen each week. Rather than Maw set for multiple weeks in a row.

- is it feasible to see dynamic population locks come into place based on the amount of enemy population?

- will we ever see the introduction of competition servers for pvp (where no buffs are given from scrolls and emp) or perhaps a prime time only server etc.. something to give variation to pvp without the need for extra content to be added.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 8, 2016 10:55AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will the Music of Tamriel, Vol 2 be released?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please see something like this?
    Bosmer
    Y'ffre's Blessing: Increase Stamina Regen by 5/10/15%, Increase Damage with Bow and Poison abilities by 2/3/4%
    Resist Affliction: Resist Poison/Disease, Increase Max Stamina by 2/4/6%
    Bosmer get a slight nerf to their regen to get a buff to Bow+Poison as well as an increase to their max stamina to make them more useful as Stamina DPS.

Are we ever going to see some legit changes to Bow to make them more competitive in PvP? Not overpowered, but just competitive? For instance...
    • Can we have an decreased flight time on snipe and it's morphs to allow it to hit more reliably when people can just dodge roll out of it? Maybe reduce the damage a bit to compensate.
    • Can we get Poison Injection to stop reapplying the DoT if you already have the DoT on the target? This is because if you keep using Poison Injection as a spammable skill, you'll never get the benefit of the DoT part which is the execute part.
    • Can we get an increased range on Scatter Shot and it's morphs? Why would a bow have a skill that requires the enemy to be within 10m when you have a passive that only operates at max range? Also gap closers operate at a further distance, why not Scatter Shot?
    • Can Draining Shot's heal be more reliable? Like can we take away the necessity for the enemy to actually be CC'd to get the heal, and make it a DoT heal instead? Adjust the values for balance.
    • Can we change Endless Hail to do poison damage? It use to do fire damage, and you changed it to physical. Why? Every other move in the Bow skill line has poison damage. Why not Volley?
    • Can we change the Long Shots passive to something more useful? Considering gap closers can be spammed non stop, and you didn't give us a ranged CC that's over 10m, what's the point of this passive?
    Edited by Vythri on July 8, 2016 1:50PM
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kotaro Atani here,

This one says Hello to the great and all powerful Wrobel and has a question..

Khajiit wishes to know if Jone and Jobe are going to still buff this ones Stamina (Racial passive) if not since Khajiit is already quite powerful in killing Monsters and such (in PvE), will you instead give this ones race more health to survive in Tamriel since the Khajiit race do not currently have a Attribute bonus given to them from the gods..

Kotaro Atani wishes to thank you for your time oh great Wrobel, Emissary from the gods.
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on July 8, 2016 4:46PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • LokomotivBreath
    LokomotivBreath
    ✭✭✭
    Could the consoles please get a PTS? Please!?
    DC - Ban D'aid - Breton Templar Healer
    DC - Ken Worth - Redguard Dragonknight
    DC - Shock n Oz - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
    DC - Shaahni the Blade - Khajiit Nightblade
    XBoxOne
    "I believe you have my stapler"
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭

It might help tracking down performance issues before releasing a new DLC. :*

Is it possible to get the 90 and 180 days options for ESO Plus membership on consoles? If not, can you explain us why please?
  • Wolvenheart24
    Wolvenheart24
    Soul Shriven
    first off some questions from a bloke on reddit
    I haven't got an Official forums account, can someone post the following question(s);
    Are there any plans to revamp the Master's Weapons enchants?
    Are there any plans to buff Bosmer in the wake of the Khajiit buff?
    Thank you!

And my own:

- Any plans to make Magicka sorcerers a little more competitive with stamina sorcerers? Why are magicka users so dependent on destruction staff (especially sorcerers since they don't have a viable class spamable) while stamina classes have a wide array of weapon choices?

- Any plans to make DLC guild a little more accessible or move a wayshrine point inside the guild hall? You want us to spam contracts to level the guilds but the wayshrine is always a minute of travel and a loading screen away. It's okay the first few times but after a while it's basically wayshrine -> travel -> second loading screen -> pick up quest -> loading screen -> wayshrine -> loading screen, ect

- With the new costume dying, will older costumes finally get a look update/flaw fixes? Naryu's Assasin's Armor STILL clips through hair on several female high elf and wood elf hairstyles and the Mannimarco costume appears to be loading some low quality textures.
    Edited by Wolvenheart24 on July 8, 2016 6:39PM
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, made a twitch account today to follow ESO and the live feed is blank :'( I missed Gina's return!
    PC/EU DC
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭

this isnt even feasibly possible, theres a reason its only on pc. blame sony and microsoft and their policies(policys?) can you imagine a console test server where we have to wait a two week certification to even get an incrememntal patch? it just wouldnt happen
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭

Khajiit:
    • Swap their thieving passive with Bosmer. The Khajiit are known to be nimble, and we've all heard about cats landing on all fours, so fall damage makes more sense for them.

I think you are a little confused about biology.
    This is a cat:
    7whvXXm.jpg

This is a khajiit:
    GjS1qEk.jpg
    While it is true that khajiit are often called cats, they are in fact not. There are a number of significant differences. No offspring has been known to come of an intimate evening between a cat and a khajiit ever, and they are actually classified as different species.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Could you please post the latest episode of ESO Live to your youtube channel? I'd like to watch it, but it's always on while I'm at work and I cannot access Twitch from work as it's blocked for security reasons, so I always miss them. :(
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is update 11 going to release?

Next month?
    NA/PC
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    Khajiit:
    • Swap their thieving passive with Bosmer. The Khajiit are known to be nimble, and we've all heard about cats landing on all fours, so fall damage makes more sense for them.

I think you are a little confused about biology.
    This is a cat:

This is a khajiit:
    While it is true that khajiit are often called cats, they are in fact not. There are a number of significant differences. No offspring has been known to come of an intimate evening between a cat and a khajiit ever, and they are actually classified as different species.

That's not correct. At least half of all Khajiit, depending on the moons they're born under, are basically cats, some intelligent and some not so much. Alfiq are indistinguishable from housecats, and Senche are the same as the tigers we fight and ride. It seems rude to ask, but there's no reason they can't breed.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit
    Edited by kamimark on July 12, 2016 4:35PM
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    When is update 11 going to release?

Next month?

@Aquanova On PC it's August 1 and August 16 on consoles.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @senhavran ah, thankyou <3
    NA/PC