Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

• Tackleberry6
    Tackleberry6
    Soul Shriven
    This doens't work for me. After patch I went to Orsinium complete writs and i got dashboarded. I have been trying to log in but it doens't let me back and then i got kicked out.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    (Cross-posted to the PlayStation 4 Tech Support forum area)

With today's console incremental patch, we pushed some improvements for the game performance issues that many of our players have been experiencing on Xbox One & PS4. These were the first of more game performance improvements to come. While we have seen some improvements, some of our players are still experiencing some or all of the following issues:
    • Very long load times
    • Invisible monsters and/or NPCs, and things not fully loading into the world
    • Extremely low FPS
    • Frequent crashing to dashboard
    • Characters stuck due to a crash loop

For those of you who are still experiencing any of the above issues, we have a couple recommendations we'd like you to try that have worked for others.
    • Please completely turn off and reboot your console
    • Please ensure that while running ESO, no other apps are open on your console

If you are still experiencing the listed issues after trying the two recommendations above, please reply to this thread with specific details about your issue. Also, if you have a character that is currently stuck in a crash loop, please contact our Support team – they will move your character for you. And if things have improved for you since today's patch, we'd also like to know. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update jessica, I've done the reboot and removed the cached saved game data etc but still looping. Sorry to report that.

I've had guild mates say the PvP loading screens are alot better however
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I took one of my characters to orsinium (Puffy The Slayer - Xbox EU AD)
    • I was able to load in to orsinium wayshrine quite quickly,
    • I waited at the wayshrine for all NPCs to fully render (which took 30 sec),
    • was able to pick up writs/complete writs with no lag, or dashboarding.
    • I walked everywhere to reduce the risk of lag/kicking but got kicked to dashboard whilst handing the last of them in.
    • I was unable to launch the game following getting kicked. I did a hard reset on my Console, game will now launch but above character is trapped in Orsinium.
    • I do not have ANY other programs running
    • i submitted a ticket to support hours ago and have not had any response, nor has my character been moved. i have tried to load her at least 10 times now
    • so while a lot of the issues have clearly been addressed, the issues as far as i am concerned is far from resolved.
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    Gamertag : gl0wgl0w
    characters i care about : Glowi
    : Glow Glow

They have both already been moved to a safe location in Auridon, however when i press the a button to log them in i get a loading screen and i might see my charactrr for half a second before my game,e crashes me back to the start menu. I have reset my console to factory settings, closed all apps, uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, EVEN tryed on another XBOX. Pressed the start button and held it down for 15 seconds...ive done it all....This is not something on our side, this is definitely on your side ESO.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you, @Beardimus and @puffytheslayer. What are the names of your characters that are currently stuck?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @Beardimus and @puffytheslayer. What are the names of your characters that are currently stuck?

Thank you for replying; my character is Puffy The Slayer - EU - Xbox
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Thanks for the update jessica, I've done the reboot and removed the cached saved game data etc but still looping. Sorry to report that.

I've had guild mates say the PvP loading screens are alot better however

Same exact thing for me.
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w wrote: »

They have both already been moved to a safe location in Auridon, however when i press the a button to log them in i get a loading screen and i might see my charactrr for half a second before my game,e crashes me back to the start menu. I have reset my console to factory settings, closed all apps, uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, EVEN tryed on another XBOX. Pressed the start button and held it down for 15 seconds...ive done it all....This is not something on our side, this is definitely on your side ESO.
    gl0wgl0w wrote: »

Oh and im on na server
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum, moved it to the PS4 forum:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3151346/#Comment_3151346
    Edited by BalticBlues on July 6, 2016 10:42PM
  • zadori1975
    Hello. I still have issues with invisible monsters and npcs. I hope the next patch can fix it. Good luck.
  • Tee_Elle
    Tee_Elle
    NA XBOX

LOADING SCREENS

When way-shrining to ANY area:
    1. A minimum of 4 and an average of 5 Loading Screens occur
    2. This occurs as soon as you leave the wayshrine
    3. Every few steps
    4. Waiting up to 3 minutes before moving does not mitigate the load screens

INVISIBLE NODES/MONSTERS/NPCs

When way-shrining to ANY area:
    1. All NPCs are invisible for up to 5 minutes
    2. All Monsters are invisible and attack you instantly for up to 2 minutes
    3. All crafting nodes are invisible for up to 5 minutes

FPS

When arriving at any new area - via way shrine or gate or door (ie dungeon)
    1. Framerate drops to almost stop motion levels for up to 2 minutes

SPRINT

When way-shrining to ANY area, Dungeon or Trial:
    1. Character is randomly locked in SPRINT mode, disabling ability to eat, cast certain abilities etc - for up to ten minutes
    2. Occasionally, re-travelling fixes

WEAPON SWAP/SKILLS LOCKED

When way-shrining to ANY area, Dungeon or Trial:
    1. Character will be unable to weapon swap for up to 4 minutes
    2. Many weapon skills will be disabled for up to 4 minutes

These issues were all PRE PATCH and still exist POST PATCH.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Tee_Elle on July 6, 2016 11:42PM
  • okcjeeper
    okcjeeper
    ✭✭
    Character load DC issue still exists along with everything listed above. Zos fail. I think you guys need a pts server for consoles then maybe just you can fix/see the issues. Sorry but my hate is growing as my patience dwindles.
    Edited by okcjeeper on July 7, 2016 2:54AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giving the thumbs up, my game worked good tonight! I was worried reading all the problems people have been having. I actually did writs and a bunch of surveys I had lying around in wrothgar. Everything worked good. There were still shadow character and a few load screen but worked pretty smooth.
    So, good job everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can we please get the input on this too? It was confirmed months ago, and we've not successfully got a response from ZOS since that initial acknowledgement: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/252017/run-speed-reduced-edit-confirmed-bug/p8

Thanks
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont know if you read my reply/ or passed the details to support, but my character Puffy The Slayer (xbox EU) has still not been moved, i am still awaiting a response to my ticket

i would also like to add to my previous feedback (which was written just after the patch was complete) that while everything began quite smoothly, as more & more people began to log on so the problems began to return.

i feel the main problem with the consoles are that they are not able to cope with the number of active players and with more & more people avoiding 'typically over populated areas' all areas are becoming overpopulated which is why the loading issues are (at least in my opinion) game wide,
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Giving the thumbs up, my game worked good tonight! I was worried reading all the problems people have been having. I actually did writs and a bunch of surveys I had lying around in wrothgar. Everything worked good. There were still shadow character and a few load screen but worked pretty smooth.
    So, good job everyone! Keep up the good work!
    +1

Thanks @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I can once again ride my horse thru Orsinium and can travel to the main city in Wrothgar for writs :smiley:

I also see characters loading quicker when I come into a busy city .....

I hope everyone else has the same response to the hotfix today as I have experienced ....

To note, once I downloaded the hotfix/update ..... I cleared my saved game data and restarted the XB1 before loading that game .....

• DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

POST PATCH

Gamertag - scotty783
    Character name - scottyh
    Xbox 1 NA server

Stuck in a crash loop in Orsinium, under bridge between writ turn in and Foundry. Tried all the rebooting etc, doesn't work. Please port me to a different area.

Please can you do it before the weekend? I've worked hard in Scourge these last few weeks to get AP for the weekend vendor.....
    Edited by DreadKnight on July 7, 2016 9:43AM
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    Alright so since no one is answering my ticket I'll post here in hopes you actually port my character lol....

Xbox One, NA

PoseidonEvil

Character: Raveion Athaerith
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Last night gameplay - post patch XB1 NA @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Cyrodiil
    • Queuing for Cyrodiil with group - Everyone was kicked from the group automatically upon entering Cyrodiil campaign and forced to get re-invited/restart group
    • Loading screens throughout Cyrodiil when running from point A to point B - short screens, but random.
    • Lag near any group larger than 4-5 players - reducing frame rate to a crawl, resembling that of a picture slide show.
    • Weapon swap input delayed- weapon swap would occur 2-3 times after input was recognized and all skills were unusable due to the game trying to catch up in weapon swaps.
    • Textures in Cyrodiil deteriorated to the point of doorways looking like non-textured walls that you could run through. Same texture issues that appear when you first load into an area and its not finished loading.
    • Crashes to dashboard when reviving in Cyrodiil or using transition stone to port to a keep/outpost.
    • Crashes to dashboard during keep sieges if too close to wall that breaks down/when keep flips ownership after flag cap.

PvE Areas (all)
    • Lag would come in waves when running throughout the map (no sprint)
    • Frames would randomly drop during combat and be accompanied by input delay.
    • NPCs would be invisible anywhere from 2-5 minutes when attempting to turn in quests.
    • Enemies would be invisible anywhere from 2-5 minutes and continue to attack you (note that AoE skills could still damage said enemies).
    • Crashes to dashboard when porting to areas such as Abah's Landing Wayshrine, Orsinium Wayshrine, Deeshan Wayshrine, and into Crypt of Hearts Wayshrine.
    • Loading screens inside Crypt of Hearts in first boss room followed by invisible enemies attacking you from around the corner.

This is just a list of what I was able to encounter since yesterday's patch. PvP is relatively unplayable , although I haven't tested IC which usually runs better anyway.

Really looking for acknowledgement to the failed patch and hopefully a secondary patch to come before the release of One Tamriel in August.
    Edited by jkolb2030 on July 7, 2016 2:40PM
  • Tackleberry6
    Tackleberry6
    Soul Shriven
    Goddammit XOS!! I paid Orsinium dlc pack couple weeks ago and haven't played it because i got dashboarded everytime i go there. There has been two patch updates and neither of them haven't worked. So please fix this *** PROBLEM! Thank you
  • Buff_Swollchest
    I only got to play in Cyrodiil yesterday, so this feedback is purely for pvp.
    • About 1 of every 10 toppling charges near a resource (I assume this happens with any gap closer) sent me to a load screen. The load times varied, but I was dead by the time it had finished.
    • I crashed twice yesterday due to PVP lag and got an error message popup that said out of memory. The amount of times I was booted is a big improvement since the patch but after the patch if I get booted and die before my character gets logged out I can't log back in until my character automatically revives at North gate. If I try to log into the character that crashed I will get an unusually long load time and get booted to dashboard again. I have to wait about 10 minutes until auto revive and sometimes (if Cyrodiil is packed) I will have to re-queue to the campaign.
    • FPS, I don't think there has been any improvement in FPS while in Cyrodiil. It doesn't take a hoard of people to cause lag either, I've found that a 10x10 fight will cause noticeable lag while near any structure (resource, bridge, keep).
    • It seems that after the patch weapon swapping is a bit delayed, before the patch swapping bars under lag wasn't a big deal but it seems now that my bar gets stuck and doesn't update. This causes me to swap my bars 2-3 times before i'm actually on the bar i'm looking for.

I did try to turn in my crafting writs yesterday, I wayshrined to Shatul and ran south like I always do to avoid the lag. As soon as I got to the area where I could see the writs quest turn in I got booted and was unable to log back in. I tried about 5-6 times and then gave up, my character is still stuck in Orsinum. On this note, why are crafting writs turn-in in Orsinium? I would like to see crafting writs returned to Craglorn so we have an extra chance to pull potent and fortified nirncrux as well as escape the black hole that is Orsinium.
    Edited by Buff_Swollchest on July 7, 2016 3:32PM
  • ezcrash115
    ezcrash115
    Soul Shriven
    How come after this last patch I am receiving an error 318 message spamming error. It seems to be doing this in white gold tower it's done it twice now to me then it boots me out of the game. Please fix this .
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys,

In order to help us track down the exact issues you’re seeing, we’d like to get some very specific information from you. If you’re running into invisible monsters and/or NPCs, if things are not fully loading in, or if you have extremely low FPS, please post exactly which area you’re experiencing this (and include which problem you’re having). The more specific you can be, the better.

Thanks in advance!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

In order to help us track down the exact issues you’re seeing, we’d like to get some very specific information from you. If you’re running into invisible monsters and/or NPCs, if things are not fully loading in, or if you have extremely low FPS, please post exactly which area you’re experiencing this (and include which problem you’re having). The more specific you can be, the better.

Thanks in advance!

* Last night around 11:30-midnight, Fungal Grotto, attacked by invisible mobs during Gamyne Bandu boss fight, and sporatic voice chat throughout the dungeon

* Everyday (can confirm yesterday), Eldenroot Undaunted Enclave, stuttering, FPS drops, black silhouettes lasting several minutes, Glirion the Redbeard and Maj al-Ragath takes almost five minutes to load. At least one dashboard crash when trying to pick up the pledge

* Orsinium (this morning), slow walked into the city from the north after using the Shatul Wayshrine, upon entry: FPS drops, stuttering, loading screen.

* Rawl'kha (this morning), black sihouettes and NPCs take almost five minutes to load, audio cuts out.

* Auridon (last night) several load screens while riding my mount through the city

* General video and audio stuttering in almost every major city
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil - anywhere, everywhere, anytime - lag; FPS drops; weapon swap delay; attacks from invisible players; at least one dashboard crashing every thirty minutes, especially during Keep battles; loading screens when traveling open-world.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

I noticed improvement everywhere I went except Wrothgar. When landing at the Maelstrom Arena wayshrine and riding towards the portal entrance, I always got the loading screen at least once while the two NPCs loaded/rendered.
  • JThorn420
    JThorn420
    My main character crashed in Wrothgar after the patch. Went into the building where you turn in the trophies and there it crashed. That happened 7/6 @ 14:00 est. Since then character crashes during loading screen. Created a ticket yesterday and got the automated response saying all is fine and try logging in with your character. Character still stuck in Wrothgar. Please have staff move my character to safe location.
    Ticket #: 160706-002111
    XBOX One North America mega server
    Gamertag: JThorn420
    Character name: JThorn
    Ticket number
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trying to do a heist (on a MDK so really not the easiest of tasks even with invisibilty pots) and i get loading screens.... on what is effectivley a time trial, in a solo instance and i get loading screens....

LOADING SCREENS IN A SOLO INSTANCE
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Most of the happenings from my above post happened outside of any keep or out post in Cyrodiil. If there was a battle marked on the map, the lag and crashing was present.

The worst of all the cases (with texture issues) was on the bridges during battles. Again, I would expect some lag just because thats how the heavily populated Haderus is, but the fact that the only way to navigate bridges was to know where the doorways should be was horrible.

I've pasted the issues again below.

Cyrodiil
    Queuing for Cyrodiil with group - Everyone was kicked from the group automatically upon entering Cyrodiil campaign and forced to get re-invited/restart group
    Loading screens throughout Cyrodiil when running from point A to point B - short screens, but random.
    Lag near any group larger than 4-5 players - reducing frame rate to a crawl, resembling that of a picture slide show.
    Weapon swap input delayed- weapon swap would occur 2-3 times after input was recognized and all skills were unusable due to the game trying to catch up in weapon swaps.
    Textures in Cyrodiil deteriorated to the point of doorways looking like non-textured walls that you could run through. Same texture issues that appear when you first load into an area and its not finished loading.
    Crashes to dashboard when reviving in Cyrodiil or using transition stone to port to a keep/outpost.
    Crashes to dashboard during keep sieges if too close to wall that breaks down/when keep flips ownership after flag cap.