The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Performance Issues on Console

• Anamander
    Anamander
    Yeh need the group finder up and running again ASAP please Zos. >:)
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    How about the subscription problem that seems to be spreading like a venereal disease? Is that going to be fixed with this patch?
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this bug is small but it's the only one that I care about tbh.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will the new bug that hides elf ears with certain hairstyles be fixed this next maintenance? My earless elf is really irking me to look at everyday.
  • Codeman223344
    im still having trouble with the game i cant play for over a minute with out getting kicked off
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by MilwaukeeScott on July 6, 2016 11:51AM
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos didnt fix anything like expected. Theyre on holidays spending our money or something. Patch was a placebo.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's not working? Still loading screens or what? My toon got moves out of Wrothgar this am so I wanna know if its safe to go back before I do!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is fixed
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    I just loaded into Orsinium and crashed. Hmmm, I just rand around Orsinium and looped 3x. K, thx for trying, try again...
    (Cross-posted to the Xbox One Technical Support forum area)

Hi everyone,

We have identified a cause of the majority of the crashes to dashboard and crash loops that some characters are getting caught in on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The issue is related to memory, and we have a fix that improves memory handling for both console clients.

We are rolling out this fix on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on Wednesday, July 6. Once this fix goes live, you should no longer see frequent crashes to dashboard and crash loops on specific characters.

In the meantime, we’d like to ask for your help. The highest volume of crash loops we’re seeing are in and around Orsinium and Wrothgar, especially where you pick up and do Crafting Writs, and to a lesser degree in Elden Root and Grahtwood. If you are experiencing crashing those areas, we ask that you please consider staying out of them until we patch the issue on Wednesday of next week—we’d greatly appreciate it. If your character does get stuck in a crash loop, our Support team can move your character if you contact them. If they do have to move your character, please be sure to not return to that area as they won’t be able to move you a second time until they’ve moved everyone waiting for their first character move – which could mean they won’t get to you before the 6th.

There is still one edge-case crash cause in Orsinium that we are working on a fix for, but it is easily avoidable. If you Wayshrine into Orsinium (the city) and quickly run into the city, especially with a movement speed buff on, you may crash. Waiting a few seconds before moving after you Wayshrine into Orsinium will greatly reduce the likelihood that you will crash. This issue will be fixed in a future patch.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. After the patch goes live on Wednesday, please let us know if you are running into any other crash issues on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

• XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Just flew into Craglorn, load screen 3x. Come on, ESO. Fix your shiiiit.
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Just loaded twice in the Outlaw Refuge...
  • mattpakls
    mattpakls
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah the patch notes didn't say anything about lag, crashing, loading screens, invisible enemies and npcs taking forever to load. Just some small fixes and supposedly the group finder is woking although I haven't been able to check yet.
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this took 3 weeks? Must be a bad joke.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    You guys should include an in-game patch system so that you can push these small fixes faster. Most MMOs do this on console. Destiny, DC Universe, Warframe...

had no clue destiny was considered an MMO

IKR? The creators of Destiny even said it was not an MMO.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    Ugh, this is hugely disappointing. Where it not for repeating load screens, lag stutters, NPCs/quests not loading/etc this game would be a lot of fun. All of these technical issues are a huge problem right now and I hope they are fixed very quickly.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess update fixed nothing, if anything it made it worse. Just had to restart the app twice because I got stuck in endless loading screens. I was also in eldenroot trying to respec and the lags so bad I was having difficulty swapping weapons and adding abilities. All pve issues btw pvp is way worse, it's lagging so much you can't even dodge roll.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • dunk-420b16_ESO
    dunk-420b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ezbkiv1556cr.jpg
    We get a patch with no fix wtf zos. Fix your *** soon. We have other options.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    History of console performance:

Launch: Problems with signing into server and pretty bad performance in general with loading screens (understandable). Generally stable when actually playing the game.

Launch until Imperial City: Stabilized and perfect performance from 2 weeks after launch until Imperial City. Neverending load screens and crashing were the only concerns.

Imperial City: Very minor and rare random issues from Imperial City until Orsinium. Neverending load screens made better, crashing more frequent. Still good performance.

Orsinium: Same as Imperial City. Good performance, but with some crashing/neverending load screens.

Thieves Guild: Performance tanked. FPS took a hit and 30FPS was no longer the typical way to play the game even in non-PvP and non-Group Content. Game noticeably struggling. Weapon swaps slowed down in all content by a a tiny bit, probably a little over 0.1sec. It is noticeable when reviewing old videos compared to Thieves Guild and onward gameplay. Fixes pleaded for but ZOS never bothered because it wouldn't make them immediate $$$ in their pockets. Stutter on enemy death became possible and greatly hindered gameplay until relog oftentimes in group dungeons.

Dark Brotherhood: Performance was hit tremedously hard. 30FPS is rare under most any circumstance. It is common to play with 5FPS to 10FPS in cities, exploration, trials, PvP. Load screens can happen anywhere, even in the wilderness of unpopulated zones. Traveling through popular towns is difficult thanks to this and crashing is back. People are having characters stuck in zones from this and Support is slow. Animations have become very buggy and often will not play at all when the server is slightly stressed. Stuttering still exists. It is worse than ever, and is the current patch we are experiencing. Many players I know have opted out of playing until they can experience the game without hundreds of load screens or 10FPS.

ZOS is apparently going to work on it now because performance has become so atrocious that it affects all facets of gameplay.

I'll believe it when I see it :/
    Edited by Vaoh on July 6, 2016 9:02PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    (Cross-posted to the Xbox One Technical Support forum area)

With today's console incremental patch, we pushed some improvements for the game performance issues that many of our players have been experiencing on Xbox One & PS4. These were the first of more game performance improvements to come. While we have seen some improvements, some of our players are still experiencing some or all of the following issues:
    • Very long load times
    • Invisible monsters and/or NPCs, and things not fully loading into the world
    • Extremely low FPS
    • Frequent crashing to dashboard
    • Characters stuck due to a crash loop

For those of you who are still experiencing any of the above issues, we have a couple recommendations we'd like you to try that have worked for others.
    • Please completely turn off and reboot your console
    • Please ensure that while running ESO, no other apps are open on your console

If you are still experiencing the listed issues after trying the two recommendations above, please reply to this thread with specific details about your issue. Also, if you have a character that is currently stuck in a crash loop, please contact our Support team – they will move your character for you. And if things have improved for you since today's patch, we'd also like to know. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Natetendo83
    Natetendo83
    ✭✭
    I will fire up the game tonight and see what happens. I'll be sure to reboot my system after the patch is installed and have only the game running. Probably won't get to post my findings until tomorrow.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After today's patch for me the experience on PS4 turned from bad to worse:

1. Invisible mobs for an entire minute
    I played the vetPledge of today (Crypt of Hearts) in the early morning (before the patch) and it was largely ok.

After the patch, in the same vetDungeon during the 1st boss fight (Ibelgast) beams hit me cast by an invisible enemy. When I tried to get closer, I first received a loading screen, then a crash.

After reloading, I found that the other players already moved on. Following them, I was attacked again by invisible mobs and could not defend. It even took about one minute until I finally was able to see the mobs and defend (I only could survive by spamming BOL).

2. Unable to switch weapon bars (stuck with one bar)
    After a new map is loaded (city, dungeon etc.) I cannot switch weapon bars anymore. First, I thought my controller was defective. However, after about 15-30 secs, switching weapon bars suddenly is working again. This loading bug is especially bad on reloading after a crash in a dungeon because I then cannot attack/defend properly.

• Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    I can't kill anything without a big frame drop since the patch dropped a few hours ago. Given that killing things is a a huge part of the game, ESO is currently unplayable. Going to try again later just to see if the problem persists.
    Edited by Neowit on July 6, 2016 10:50PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After today's patch for me the experience on PS4 turned from bad to worse:

1. Invisible mobs for an entire minute
    I played the vetPledge of today (Crypt of Hearts) in the early morning (before the patch) and it was largely ok.

After the patch, in the same vetDungeon during the 1st boss fight (Ibelgast) beams hit me cast by an invisible enemy. When I tried to get closer, I first received a loading screen, then a crash.

After reloading, I found that the other players already moved on. Following them, I was attacked again by invisible mobs and could not defend. It even took about one minute until I finally was able to see the mobs and defend (I only could survive by spamming BOL).

2. Unable to switch weapon bars (stuck with one bar)
    After a new map is loaded (city, dungeon etc.) I cannot switch weapon bars anymore. First, I thought my controller was defective. However, after about 15-30 secs, switching weapon bars suddenly is working again. This loading bug is especially bad on reloading after a crash in a dungeon because I then cannot attack/defend properly.

Exactly as you listed. I could not see the enemies for over a minute, my friends were not loaded, and load screens happened mid-dungeon
  • Hashiramasenju
    Hashiramasenju
    Soul Shriven
    No fix for activity finder?
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any ETA on the fixes for the rest of the performance issues? Cyrodiil the PVP area I know is a tough one to do its huge.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Ive noticed a huge increase in performance for pvp. For me at least. I'm xb1 EU and what used to make me dashboard now runs smooth.
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    @AJ_1988 Haven't bothered booting it up I just want the things broke in Dark Brotherhood fixed performance wise before I hop on but I did give them money for fixing some things. Maybe I will hop on to just spend those crowns.
    Edited by Whatzituyah on July 7, 2016 12:24AM
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    @AJ_1988 Haven't bothered booting it up I just want the things broke in Dark Brotherhood fixed performance wise before I hop on but I did give them money for fixing some things. Maybe I will hop on to just spend those crowns.

Since I mainly pvp and am generally an annoyed person lol, I haven't really noticed too many problems.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually did all this before starting the game after patch:
    -Cleaned out old files whether it was part of the cause or not
    -Turned off ps4 and unplugged to clean cache
    -Rebuilt databases
    For the first half hour I was fine, no random loading, but mementos still broken, and npcs took long to load. Now I'm running into 3 load screens from Sanctuary to Garlas Agea, and then 1-2 more from door boss. This is all happening ONLY on my main character....very minor issues on alts.
  • calmchambrwb17_ESO
    Same old terrible eso ps4 gaming experience. I've worked hard, spent time and money getting my characters to end game level only to have so much lag and kicks, I can't reliably do any trials, vma or even hand in my writs.

Today my gaming experience was awful - Crypts of Hearts had same invisible npcs killing me, 4 loading screens doing writs in Craglorn and Wrothgar. I am luckier than some because at least I can hand them in. Then because of lag I had to give up on a decent dps test time. 3 kicks from trial today before having to leave group and game!

I don't have the fastest internet connection but it was all working well before the first DLC and I have friends with very fast connections having the same issues on Ps4. I'm not waiting for the next DLC to break my console game completely. Is PC much better? If I want to keep playing, maybe moving platforms is the answer. ZOS better move my accounts for free!